A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,211
Currently Running With Scissors:
537 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 77450 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

WhistleFish
« Reply #380 on: January 05, 2014 08:35:41 PM »

I'm back again for the second time today. Clearly I have some things I am procrastinating...

@rockmygypsysoul: Don't you worry...we will be just fine. Soon as I catch up on my scrapbooking I'm going to see if I can finish my OWL as well...we will kick butt! As for your sickness....that is the worst! Hopefully Madam Pomfrey will be able to stop the loss of bodily fluids. (Hahaha...most polite way I could phrase it, I had a couple good phrases but I didn't want to offend anyone. Lol.) If not, I'll come visit you at St. Mungo's with some Chocolate Frogs...that way if you can't eat them you can at least have the cards!
@Moonflame: What a neat cowl/hood/thing!!!!! I want one!!!! Could you use some sort of Gemino Charm so I can have one? And I love love love your 1000 things project. I am all for jumping on project bandwagons like this but I'm going to stop myself because I can't even keep up with what I've got going on now. Let me know how it goes!
@MamanTattoo: Those sound like they WOULD be delicious in hot chocolate. Mmm...I might even go have a cup now even though I don't have any marshmallows.

And for good measure since I've got some crafting catch up to do, I might as well get credit for it:

OWL Subject & Option: Study of Ancient Runes, Option 2-Create something that contains 7 or more letters/symbols.
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: November and December Project Life (Scrapbooking Project)
Brief Description: I'll admit it...I am quite behind in my Project Life scrapbook. I have the pictures printed for November with none of the extras. And I haven't even dealt with December yet. For my OWL I will be creating many, many pages for my scrapbook which will definitely contain 7 or more letters. If you're confused about Project Life or have never heard of it before, here's an example of some of my pages from last year.

Alright, going to start working on some pages...Goodnight!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Naantje
« Reply #381 on: January 06, 2014 03:50:45 AM »

Advanced studies update: it's been a while since I last did one of these! I've made some changes to my OWL, the remembrance quilt made with my granny's floral night gowns. Initially I planned on a classic squares quilt top, but while I can sew a straight line, I wasn't doing as well on sewing series of parallel lines, and on making those lines line up with the next strips. I've taken the first botched attempt apart and started to work improvisational patchwork for the top, heeding a lesson from my older brother: if it's going to be crooked anyway, make sure it looks intentionally crooked. So I'm saying no to regular shapes and going wild. I just didn't expect I'd need to use my seam ripper so often! I've sewn the top to itself while adding more patches more often than I imagined was possible (I'm using ever more pins to avoid doing that again!) I've sewn on pieces and then discovered there was too much tension and the top wouldn't lie flat anymore, not liked the shape that came out... Woe me for thinking this would be much easier. I'm pretty sure it'll look more interesting in the end, but it's going to take a while! Quilters, I really admire you, it can be so unforgiving! I'm more of a yarnie myself, I know how to smuggle away my mistakes there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #382 on: January 06, 2014 08:36:12 AM »

Ok, pinning is up-to-date again. As for my own crafting ... whole family has been hit by the lurgy and pinkeye etc and I'm just all in all exhausted and didn't feel like crafting much since Christmas. Shocked I also seem to have some trouble to come up with something for the classes/challenges. And the Hobbits keep me busy. DH is only back at work since Friday, so I think it's a matter of getting back into the swing of things. I'm hoping to do some craft decluttering tomorrow while the Hobbits are with the grandparents ... maybe that will spark my mojo...

And I'll hopefully get some commenting done again on all the lovely (and yummy!) class projects on here. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #383 on: January 06, 2014 10:30:12 AM »

Pottermouth: It's a definite truth for me too!!!

Class: SoR- Wunjo, Joy!
House:Gryffindor
QUIDDITCH: Bludger to Ravenclaw!
Name: The deer shirt, yule sweater for Victor!
link: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Andreann/anatoles-sweater
Desc: Second try at color work, I took a colorwork pattern from DROPS and edited it slightly (added two stitches). It's in baby merino, SUPER soft. What a better joy than knitting something for a little one and seeing him in it?? (I should update with a picture of that when the light is great!)

QUIDDITCH NEWS:
Current match will end Wenesday! Gryffindor is way behind, just sayin'.... All can change with a snitch! Gryffindors, score some points! Ravenclaws, secure your win!
I will write an match end date from now on...

« Last Edit: January 06, 2014 11:02:58 AM by MamanTattoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #384 on: January 06, 2014 10:47:07 AM »

Challenge: Bertie Bott's - Gravy
Quidditch: Score for Gryffindor!
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Antique Bronze & Plum Pendant & Earrings

Brief Description: Whipped up this little project as a gift for a friend.  As it doesn't fit into a regular class or challenge readily, it's Gravy! 
Project Picture:

Class: Care of Magical Creatures
Project Name: Of Rainbows & Unicorns Charm Bracelet

Brief Description: Everyone who has studied unicorns in any depth knows that they are nearly always found frolicking around rainbows.  This charm bracelet is a representation of the wearer's very favorite things, including rainbows.  Cheesy
Project Picture:

Challenge: Join the DA - Disarming
Project Name: Wild Heart Earrings

Brief Description: These earrings were a gift to my crafty BFF, Headmistress Pinkleo!!!  They are vintaj brass, which I stamped, painted, and then *REMOVED* their original brass patina with a vintaj sanding block to let the bright brass color shine through.  They were then sealed, so the color wouldn't fade.
Project Picture:

Class: Transfiguration
Project Name: Paper Castle Postcards

Brief Description: What could be a better magical transformation, than to turn plain old paper into enchanted castles?  For the HPC holiday card exchange, I created these postcards as a way to send the gift of love to my friends in the HPC, and keep costs down on postage.  The castle map is one of Marie Grandpre's paintings, printed onto glossy cardstock.  I then used rubber stamps to add the vintage postcard label on the back, and the Ministry of Magic logo. 
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Fall Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
stillatthetop
« Reply #385 on: January 06, 2014 11:30:13 AM »

What beautiful jewelry. I don't wear much, myself. But enjoy seeing it on others. And lately I have been loving the charms. What a neat idea with the rainbow unicorn concept. My hands just stay too busy for all the jingly things. But yours are lovely. I can't even do the necklace things. I am forever bending over for cats and kids  Grin But yours would be wonderful for a dinner out. Where I could sit still.  Roll Eyes

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #386 on: January 06, 2014 12:39:10 PM »

I love the rainbow bracelet! And your postcards are great, i have mine up on my (real life) onboard next to my work table  (there's a few hpcer made bits on there now, really lovely !)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #387 on: January 06, 2014 12:43:52 PM »

I love the rainbow bracelet! And your postcards are great, i have mine up on my (real life) onboard next to my work table  (there's a few hpcer made bits on there now, really lovely !)

Onboard?  Not sure what that is luv.  Like a corkboard?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Fall Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #388 on: January 06, 2014 01:41:47 PM »

Challenge: Gravy Bean
House: Slytherin
Quidditch: Score for Gryffindor
Project Name: BEE warm Hand warmers
Project Description: Handwarmers to remind my sister of spring in the cold of winter. They were a Christmas present but I just managed to get a pic of them

Class: Herbology
House: Slytherin
Quidditch: Score for Gryffindor
Project Name: Red and Green Practice Painting
Project Description: I used red and green watercolor...only one shade of each...to make four different pictures on one piece of watercolor paper. I have a pixie head, a blooming flower with bubbles, an ugly fish monster, and a green snow faerie. I like how much shade and highlights I got from just two colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #389 on: January 06, 2014 02:13:59 PM »

Onboard?  Not sure what that is luv.  Like a corkboard?

It's a pinboard, as autocorrected by my smart phone Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Grilled Banana Split Recipe
How to Make the Ultimate Birthday Cake
How to Make Lemon Shaker Pie
How to Make the Ultimate Truffle Cake
Snow Cone Stand Serves Pickle-Flavored Treats
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...