A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,491
Currently Running With Scissors:
551 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 78534 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #370 on: January 05, 2014 01:34:29 PM »

tia, the Alton Brown recipe doesn't use eggs at all if that helps you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
WhistleFish
« Reply #371 on: January 05, 2014 01:37:35 PM »

I've been in a very BLAH mood today. Didn't know what I should do during Luna's nap to relax and make myself feel better then I decided visiting you guys would be the perfect thing! Smiley ...

@stillatthetop: Thank you! I don't mind my handwriting much...I just wish I could write differently better. Every time I try to make a different "font" it still pretty much ends up looking like my handwriting.
@Magpirate: That tree is adorable!!! I would have never thought to make something like that. If only I could remember that for next year. Also, I didn't know there were so many New Years' superstitions...how neat! Let us know how those candles work out...I may have to make some if they do. Lol. And your card exchange cards are fabulous! I have mine hanging up right now. Smiley
@Audania1: Love the hoop!! I've had picture problems before too...if the original file isn't the correct orientation then it won't load in the correct orientation. Sometimes if you try to reload it and it still has the same file name it will still be wrong. I've had to correct the orientation, change the file name, then reload before. Hope that helps for next time!
@Mistress Jennie: Finish a WIP? My pleasure!
@coulsenl: So neat! I'll check Michaels next time I'm there!
@noodle-bug: I love love love LOVE your laptop case!!! The rainbow thread, the rough edges, the linen color you picked out to go with all the bright colors! And the fabulous ribbon and button combo! So awesome.
@pottermouth: You always make such awesome stuff...that block is no exception! I clicked on the link and I think the little guy holding the acorn as an umbrella is my favorite part. Smiley
@butterflyangel: Awesome job!! It looks like it would be really complicated to make...I bet he liked them!
@MamanTattoo: I had no idea you could make marshmallows...that's so neat! Are they much different from store bought?
@midkiffsjoy: Two things: 1. Can I live on your farm? I'll work for room and board. Hehe. 2. If I can't live on your farm, can I turn into a animagus rat and you keep me as a pet? What a lucky rat your have!!!! You'll have to post a picture of the rat now, enjoying one of her awesome spots.
@tiamatfire: I love the afghan!!!! It does look nice and drapy....it will make a perfect photo prop!

Also, Gryffindor Tower will be updated today as well. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #372 on: January 05, 2014 02:01:36 PM »

Midkiffsjoy, i want to be your rat!

I second this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
coulsenl
« Reply #373 on: January 05, 2014 02:04:22 PM »

Lots of great projects posted on here. The marshmallows all look delicious.

Noodle-bug: your laptop case is gorgeous, I love the spiral.

Midkiffsjoy - Claudia is very lucky, those are some awesome additions to her cage.

pinkleo - as usual i am jealous of your crochet skills. That beanie is gorgeous.

Tiamat - your afghan is beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockmygypsysoul

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

« Reply #374 on: January 05, 2014 02:19:06 PM »

Also, Gryffindor Tower will be updated today as well. Smiley

Alas, fellow Gryffindors, I have been woefully unproductive in classes thus far, but I will complete my OWL and my NEWT this term so that should help in case we are not proudly roaring quite as loudly as usual. 

Unfortunately I seem to have mistakenly eaten a Skiving Snackbox and a first run at that   Embarrassed  so I have a fever and things coming out of me (from more than one place) that I really would have rather kept where it all was for the time being, thank you very much.  And of course, since Fred and George were a bit too lax in initial testing, I've no idea when an end will be in sight and crafting (or anything else really) is a no-go for me today  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
Moonflame
« Reply #375 on: January 05, 2014 02:36:36 PM »

Acadian Driftwood You're making fabulous progress on your OWL.  Can't wait to see the finished product! Smiley  I love your snowflakes, and your ball ornament is so cool!

Jellybean89  I really like your hat.  You did a great job adapting the pattern.  Shocked  And those are AWESOME OWL ornaments!! Smiley

ErinAquahearts I love how your hoopla came out, and those sandwiches look amazing! Smiley  I love the cheery handwarmers, and the doorhangers, too! Smiley

Whistlefish  Wow!  Those Christmas cards are awesome!  What a lot of work!  I really like your One Word cards, too.  I like how you decorated your envelopes.  It's always so much nicer to get an interesting envelope than a plain one. Smiley

Magpirate I really like how your Christmas tree turned out. Smiley  And those candles - love the glitter!  Your cards are really cool, and that hat is lovely!

Audania1 That hoop is soooo cool! And the beanie is great.  I love your yarn. Smiley

Noodle-bug OMG, that laptop case!!  Awesome!!

Pottermouth Your marshies look so yummy!  And I really like your ATB.  I especially love how you used acorn caps to make it stand!

Butterflyangel Those fingerless gloves look really cosy!

MamanTattoo  More yummy marshmallows.  It's been a couple of years since I made some, and now I'm going to have to do it! Smiley

Midkiffsjoy  Caludia is such a lucky rat!  We had rats for a few yrs, too.  They make awesome pets, don't they?  You did a great job on all those lovely accoutrements for her! Smiley

Pinkleo  Awesome hat!  I love the cheery yarn! Smiley

Netchez  Lovely hat!  It looks so soft and cosy!

Tiamatfire  Wow.  Your NEWT afghan is incredible!  And your cowl looks so squishy and lovely!  I love how your charm bracelet turned out, and OMG MUFFINS!!  Now I'm hungry, lol!

I'm finally turning in my Potions OWL!

OWL Subject & Option (if available): Potions: Option 1- Show off your ability to work with many ingredients by showcasing at least 3 different colors/pattern/textures.  Colors can be monochromatic.  A variegated yarn or one fabric swatch with various colors within it count as one color.
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name:  Plummy Mozetta
Project Page Link (if available):  THIS LOVELY PATTERN
Brief Description:  I originally intended this to be a poison green mozetta.  I had some lovely variegated yarn tp use, and started knitting it up, but when I got about 6 or 7 inches in (which was quite a lot of knitting!) I could see that the way the yarn was striping didn't let itself well to such a classic design, so I jumped ship to a lovely plum yarn instead.  There are 4 different textures in the pattern - a ribbed bottom, stockinette body and hood base, a moss stitch edging, and a decorative lace motif around the hood.  
Project Picture:  I won't lie about my love/hate relationship with Snape.  Sometimes while I was supposed to be working away in the dungeon, I'd find myself staring dreamily at his profile, only to have him catch me in the act and make some sort of biting comment.  Embarrassed  Needless to say, there was a fair amount of tinking (backwards knitting to fix mistakes) involved in this OWL.  Snape finally threatened to fail me if I didn't get my act together, so I put my nose to the grindstone, and, I'll admit, did a little wandwork to finish things up.  I'm very happy with how it came out.  I've already worn it out and about, and it's VERY warm!  I need to find a complimentary ribbon to weave into the holes in the neck (the holes are there for that purpose) but I'm having trouble deciding on a colour.  Cream?  Plum?  Black?  I actually really like it without the ribbon, too.
Project Pics:

And a not great shot of the moss stitch and lace pattern Tongue :

And a better pic of the lace part:

Challenge: New Year's Challenge
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: 1,000 Things Challenge Clipboard
Project Description: This year I'm simplifying my life, and getting rid of at least 1,000 things.  I'm not counting things I throw away unless they're items I've decided to give away and they turn out to be too junky to donate.  I decorated this clipboard to keep my list on, and I downloaded this adorable calender to help me keep track of my minimums, too (at least 20 things per week.)  Ideally, I'd like to accomplish this in much less than a year, but I figured I'd set myself a goal that was definitely attainable, and try to beat the clock for extra satisfaction. Smiley
Project Pic:

« Last Edit: January 05, 2014 02:38:25 PM by Moonflame - Reason: Forgot a picture! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #376 on: January 05, 2014 02:37:56 PM »

Updates to Ravenclaw Tower have been made!!

The new scavenger hunt list for January has been posted on the bulletin board.  This months theme is color and pattern.  You have until January 31 to find these items.  Good luck and happy hunting!!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014 02:40:24 PM by FiberAlchemist » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #377 on: January 05, 2014 04:08:18 PM »

No worries beautiful!  I haven't had time to get further than the soles anyways.
:::sighs in relief:::...Well that's good because I haven't been able to sit down and craft yet Tongue, and now the sun is gone (which I need for good pics Undecided)...but I'm about to remedy the no crafting part...I'm going to turn off my computer and crochet! Grin  (while watching football with hubby).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #378 on: January 05, 2014 05:47:39 PM »

@ RMGS: I don't know. Maybe you beat the thing for too long?
@Whistlefish: They are SO MUCH BETTER!!! squicky and yummy and not to sugary and goes perfectly into hot chocolate! They were all gone in seconds!
Moonflame: Your OWL turned awesome! I love love it! Very "mist of Avalon" Tongue
tiamafire: What a great blanket and the cowl is classy too!
Midkiffsjoy: what a fun project, the whole thing Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #379 on: January 05, 2014 07:39:13 PM »

Okay - question time!  You guys both used Martha Stewart's marshmallow recipe; I've used it as well (there is no comparison for homemade marshmallows!!).  But when I make it, it's so thick that when I transfer from the mixing bowl to a pan, I can't get it flat - it mostly stays exactly like I put it in there and I can't even it out.  How do you guys the tops so flat and perfect looking?!

Mine was sticky as heck, but delicious. After the boiled syrup was slowly poured into the gelatin mixture, I cranked my KitchenAid to medium and let it go for 30 minutes. Yeah, 30 minutes. It didn't necessarily "pour" out of the bowl, but I oiled an offset spatula and smoothed it pretty easily. I think the general rule (and I use that term loosely) is to beat it until it triples in size and all should be good.

Maman, I think I have more in common with you than my own sister.

HM Jennie, I can't wait to see what you are going to do with your block...so many possibilities.

Moonflame, LOVE your mozzetta! Such dedication!

tia, what a delicate afghan! So lovely. Cascade Eco Duo is a dream! Last year I made a scarf and hat for one of my kids and I was pretty reluctant to let that scarf go. It's now a bed for a stuffed animal.  Tongue Glad to hear you've been sprung from St. Mungo's and are feeling better.  Smiley

pinkleo, when I think about all of the babies whose heads are toasty because of you, I tear up a bit.

I think I missed a page of projects somewhere but I've got to head to the Tower and crash. Zzzzzz.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Bubbles from the Powerpuff Girls
How to Draw Cosmo from Fairy Oddparents
How to Draw Celia from Harvest Moon
How to Draw Wanda from Fairly Oddparents
How to Draw Timmy Time
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...