A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,030
Currently Running With Scissors:
653 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 76384 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #340 on: January 03, 2014 06:33:13 PM »

Just a quick stop to say Hi! As I'm back from my little vacation in my family and unplugged time Smiley I was welcomed by lovely cards! thank you so much! I'll try sending everyone a little belated something too!

It's COLD here. I'm talking -34'C cold. So my wanting to go sledding or skating outside in the holidays is totally screwed. At least we're back home and I can craft, instead of showing the kids in the car to go dinner at every one's place!

Now I need to catch on!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Acadian Driftwood
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #341 on: January 03, 2014 07:00:28 PM »

Class: Charms
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Paper snowflakes
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430550.0
Brief Description: I tweaked the Aguamenti charm to produce paper-based instead of water-based flakes. This way I can keep them around much longer!

Challenge: December detention
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Circle card ornament
Project Page Link: http://andreaarchambault.blogspot.com/2013/12/12-days-of-diy-ornaments-christmas-card.html
Brief Description: A circle made of circles! I made this ornament as a keepsake - I cut all the circles from cards our friends and family sent to us this season.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
jellybean89
« Reply #342 on: January 03, 2014 07:30:08 PM »

@noodle-bug: Thanks! Smiley I use a lightbox (that I made using this tutorial) to take pictures when I have good enough light.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean: Gravy
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Brown Knit Hat
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description: For the gravy bean, I knit a hat based on this pattern. I didn't have the right size circular needle, so I messed with the pattern to knit it on straight needles instead.
Project Picture:

~*COMPLETED OWL HEADER*~
OWL Subject & Option (if available): Potions, Option 1- Show off your ability to work with many ingredients by showcasing at least 3 different colors/pattern/textures.  Colors can be monochromatic.  A variegated yarn or one fabric swatch with various colors within it count as one color.
Project Name: Christmas Tree Ornaments
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description: This year I wanted to craft at least 25 interesting ornaments for my Christmas tree. I had planned on being done in November, but I procrastinated and it took me longer than it should have. I did finally finish them, and I ended up with 27 ornaments made of embroidery floss, crochet thread, paper, felt, fabric and wood.

1st picture:
  • 4 hats crocheted out of embroidery floss (inspired by the Hogwarts houses)
  • 1 golden snitch crocheted out of embroidery floss (using this pattern)
  • 2 crochet thread snowflakes (patterns here and here - I didn't crochet the last rounds)
  • 1 felt scrabble tile (J)
  • 1 fabric and paper dress
2nd picture:
  • 1 cross-stitched companion cube (based on this cross-stitch)
  • 9 paper Adventure Time ornaments (drawn in pencil, colored with colored pencil; based on this wall art)
         first row: Lumpy Space Princess, Jake
         second row: BMO, Gunter, Snail, Marceline
         third row: Finn, Princess Bubblegum, Ice King
3rd picture:
  • 1 wood-burned As You Wish (from the movie The Princess Bride)
  • 1 wood-burned Deathly Hallows symbol
  • 1 wood-burned skull and crochet hooks (inspired by this shirt Smiley)
  • 1 wood-burned Oblivion symbol (from The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion)
  • 1 wood-burned quest marker (from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)
  • 3 wood-burned Star Trek badges (from the original series)

I had fun working on this project. I don't draw very often, so making the Adventure Time ornaments was interesting. And I've had my wood-burning tool for years, so it was fun to finally use it to make something. Smiley

Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ErinAquaheart
« Reply #343 on: January 03, 2014 07:47:08 PM »

Just caught up on all the wonderful things people have been doing this semester! I feel so behind....oh well...I have some things to post now.

First:
Class: Detention with Slughorn
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Care Bear Memento Hoopla
Project Description: I had a childhood Bedtime Care Bear destroyed by my MIL dog a few years ago and salvaged the tummy symbol to craft with and finally was inspired to make a Hoopla....can't get much circular than that. So I embroidered a pretty design with my care bears tummy symbol in a night sky. Really love how it turned out.

Then:
Challenge: CATCH-UP for Dumbledore's Army....... Drinks at the Hog's Head
Project Name: New Years Eve Tea Sandwiches
Project Description: For New Years Eve this year I made tea sandwiches for the party that preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'TechnicolorAquaheart') and I had with our mothers.  They're were only the four of us but I made enough tea sandwiches that we are still eating them four days later!!!! So I think it would still count as serving more than five....
I made four kinds of sandwiches.
1: Curry Chicken Sandwiches on Wheat Bread
                             Ingredients: Chicken, Curry Seasoning, Celery, Cranberries, Light Mayo, Almond Slivers, and Wheat Bread
                             Cook the chicken with curry seasoning until well browned on both sides. Slice celery and mince            cranberries while chicken cools. When chicken can be handled safely dice into small chunks and toss with the celery and cranberries.  Add light mayo by the heaping spoonful until everything sticks together. Don't add too much because you don't want your sandwiches to be slimy.  Heap spoonfuls of the salad mixture onto slices of wheat bread and then sprinkle with almond slivers. Add mixed greens if you like. Top sandwiches with slice of bread and quarter. (I don't have any measurements because I didn't use a recipe....I suggest adding extra curry seasoning to taste if your salad seems a bit bland. Experiment with spicier curry if you prefer more of a kick)

2: Jasmine Salmon Sandwiches on White Bread
                             Ingredients: Smoked Salmon, Black or Green Jasmine Tea (at least 3 bags), Cucumber (thinly sliced), Cream Cheese (room temperature), and mixed greens.
                             Boil one cup of water and steep two tea bags for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags from water and chill water in fridge until cold. While your water is cooling blend 6oz of cream cheese with the contents of a bag of tea (I found that I got better flavor when I added a bit of brewed jasmine tea to my cream cheese. About 3 tbsp worth) and prep your cucumber slices and mixed greens. Once your tea is chilled place your slices of salmon into the tea and let marinate for at least 30 minutes. Assemble your sandwiches by spreading cream cheese on both slices of bread and then placing your marinated salmon down. Sprinkle with a little more dry jasmine tea and then place your cucumber slices and mixed greens on top before finishing your sandwich with the top bread.

3: Cucumber Sandwiches on Pumpernickel Rye Bread
                            Ingredients: Thinly Sliced Cucumber, Cream Cheese (room temperature), Dill Seasoning, Lemon Juice, and Pumpernickel Rye Bread
                            Blend cream cheese, dill, and lemon juice together until smooth. Add dill and juice to taste. I like mine pretty tangy. Spread your cream cheese blend over both side of your sandwich and layer your cucumbers before finishing your sandwich with its top bread.  Classic cucumber sandwich

4: Apple and Goat Cheese Sandwich on White Bread
                             Ingredients: Thinly sliced Apple (I used the Honeycrisp variety), Plain Goat Cheese, Cream Cheese (about 4oz), and white bread
                             Blend together your goat cheese and cream cheese and slather on both sides of your sandwich. Assemble with your apple slices. (I have to say, even though it was a good sandwich, that I'm not quite happy with how these turned out and will continue to experiment with this particular tea sandwich until I'm happy with it)
A sample plate of each of the sandwiches that I made:

Challenge: House Unity
Project Name: Kid Handwarmers
Project Description: For the holidays I made my cousins kids handwarmers just for them. I made them in fun colors that loosely relate back to each house. Magenta for Gryffindor, Bright Blue for Ravenclaw, Bright Green for Slytherin, and Yellow for Hufflepuff.

Class: DADA
Project Name: Bunkhouse Door Hanger
Project Description: My mom has taken up part time residence in a bunkhouse/barn here in Arkansas in order to help out with my care during my chemo sessions. Because her new residence was previously open to the public she asked me to make her a door hanger to help everyone know that the space is no longer open to tromping through. Her color scheme is maroon and white. You can't really see the writing in my picture. The top one says "Private Residence" and the bottom one says "Maggie's Stall" (my mom's name and the play on that she lives in a barn...by the way her horse is stalled right across from her  Grin)

Class: SoAR
Project Name: Airosa Name Plaque
Project Description: My mom's horse, Airosa needed a name plaque for her new stall so I made her one. This brought both me and my mom a lot of joy. I get a lot of hope and joy out of having my mom and Airosa around. Horse therapy is great. I love to go out and brush and pet my biggest baby sister. So it was only right that I made this plaque to represent Wunjo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WhistleFish
« Reply #344 on: January 03, 2014 08:29:34 PM »

Time for me to turn in some homework!
Class: Arithmancy
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: HP Christmas Cards!
Brief Description: My husband gave me a Silhouette Cameo as my early Christmas present and it was just in time for the HP card exchange so instead of buying cards like I had planned I decided I'd make some. I played around with the design and thought: Yea, this is going to be awesome. Thirteen cards later, I may have hated them a little bit. Each card had over 34 individual pieces of paper (some cards vary 'cause I accidently didn't make enough of some things which is why some of yours may be slightly different). Multiply that by 13 cards and we have the magical # of 442! I may have gone a bit insane, but you are all worth it and I hope you enjoyed your cards! (Although I don't think I'll ever make multiples of such involved cards again. Lol.)
Project Picture:

Class: Gravy Bean
House:Gryffindor!
Project Name: Brainstorming "One Little Word" cards.
Project Link: Here's Ali Edward's page for the One Little Word online class.
Brief Description: I'm participating in "One Little Word" this year and a couple days before New Years (okay, maybe just the day before when I decided to join in on a whim) I brainstormed ideas of what my "word" for 2014 could be. I drew them up on two 3x4 Project Life cards. I thought and thought and thought. I decided on "Live" the night before January 1st but then when I woke up on New Year's Day, still laying in bed, the word "create" popped into my mind, clear as day, and told me I was picking it. Funny thing is that I didn't even have create on my list below!
Project Picture:

Class: Herbology
House:Gryffindor!
Project Name: Decorated Envelopes!
Project Link: None
Brief Description: Decorated my envelopes to send out my HP Christmas cards! Just a splash of washi tape (I had to justify buying so much so I started putting it on everything around Christmastime) and some doodling around the addresses and voila! It was all so pretty together I almost couldn't send them out. Lol.
Project Picture:

Alright, after my stupidly large catch up from yesterday let me keep up on things:

@noodle-bug: I love the boxes! Especially the labels -- I love the stamps you used!
@Naantje: Aww..thanks! I think I was a little over zealous when I decided to make those cards...only because I made so many of them. I won't lie, I grew to hate them a little bit at the end but the last couple years I have been trying my hardest to see projects to completion no matter what! A personal challenge for sure! Smiley when a saw that sweater you knitted, I let out an audible "awwwww!" That sweater is so tiny...looks like it was made for a doll! So cute! I love the criss-cross about it.
@Moonflame: ohmygosh! I want a quilt like that!!!! And it's all puffy?! Even if I can't have one I'd love to just feeeel one.
@Acadian Driftwood: I love the blue, wintery one you've made! I can't wait to see it in wallet form! I also love the circle ornament. We made some huge ones out of scrapbook paper for a mobile in my daughters room...they're fun to make, aren't they?
@jellybean89: Beautiful hat and AWESOME ornaments. I think the snowflakes may be my favorite - I've been dying to make some. They're so classic.
@ErinAquaheart: Your hoop is preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'beautiful...everything') works together so well. And holy stitches! How do you get them all so even??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

butterflyangel
« Reply #345 on: January 03, 2014 08:30:26 PM »

DragonChilde: Thank you !

WhistleFish: Wolf is my fav too !  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #346 on: January 03, 2014 11:26:59 PM »

I love your "gravy bean". That is somewhat my similar style of journal page art. I have been trying to work on handwriting. Very cute cards, too. Yes, you went insane...but I bet you loved it all the same!

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #347 on: January 03, 2014 11:44:17 PM »

I love all of the Christmas ornaments! The wood burned ones are too cool and I really like the House beanie ones Smiley.
I adore the Care Bear hoopla - what a sweet idea!  Now it makes me wish I'd kept some of my stuffies around....
The signs are so pretty, too!
And hand warmers are always an awesome idea - especially for kiddos.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Magpirate
« Reply #348 on: January 03, 2014 11:48:44 PM »

One of my new year's resolutions is to try to be better about commenting, so here goes...

Audania1, that art journal is amazing!  The embroidery is lovely, and the end papers are beautiful.  Wonderful work.

Moonflame, great face pads!  I like your dishcloths too, they look so intricate.  I love the colors in your brioche, and it sounds super useful!  I know how you feel, I cut my long hair once and I was miserable until it grew out enough to put in a ponytail again.  Roll Eyes

Noodle-bug, awesome boxes!  I love the first one especially, maps are my favorite.  Smiley

Naantje - I agree about the gender stereotyping in children's stores, I was shopping for a friend's baby shower recently and it was pretty depressing how everything was very clearly meant for either a boy or a girl.  And it was ALL pastel!  Your vibrant purple cardigan is a refreshing alternative.  Smiley  You did a great job, it looks lovely!

Acadian Driftwood, congrats on the OWL progress!  I love the colors you're using.  Those paper snowflakes are beautiful!  The ornament is great idea, I always feel bad throwing away old cards and that is the perfect way to keep a piece of them around.

jellybean89, that hat looks cozy!  Congratulations on completing your OWL, your ornaments are awesome!  The little snitch is adorable, and I love the snowflakes.

ErinAquaheart, the hoopla is gorgeous!  I love the fabric and the design you picked, they really compliment the Care Bear symbol.  The sandwiches look tasty.  Those arm warmers are so bright and cheerful!  The name plates look great, you did a good job on both of them.

WhistleFish, I can't believe how detailed you made all of those cards!  I am in awe.  And decorating the envelopes was a nice touch, I thought.  Cheesy

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott's - Gravy
Project Name: Cucumber Christmas tree
Brief Description: I made a cucumber Christmas tree using this tutorial and brought it to a Christmas party at my girlfriend's aunt's house.  I didn't have my camera at the party so there's no picture of the tree presiding over its veggie tray, just this one I took of it on the counter before we left.  I used cheddar cheese for the star topper and strung dried cranberries on dental floss for the garland.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Flying class
Project Name: Lucky Candles
Brief Description: My girlfriend is pretty superstitious, and many of her superstitions are about the new year.  Mostly they involve things you should eat (black-eyed peas, hog jowl, cabbage) and things you should avoid doing (washing clothes, taking out the trash, hanging up a new calendar before the first of the year), but my favorite says that you're supposed to light a green candle on New Year's Day to invite money into your life in the new year.  So I made a green candle for each of us by melting crayons into metal tea light bases.  I used two different shades of green crayon for each candle, but you can't tell because when they melted the colors separated for some reason...  I put gold and green glitter on the tops to make them a little more interesting.  So now they're green and glittery!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Defense Against the Dark Arts class
Project Name: Festive Snitch Cards
Brief Description: These are the cards I made for the card exchange.  I always hang my holiday cards on the wall, and I can't be the only one, right...?  I worked out my design on a "throwaway" card and traced all the other cards off of it.  Then I colored everything with colored pencils, including metallic gold and silver for the Snitch.  I wish I'd gotten a picture of all of them together but most of them were already in envelopes by the time I remembered to photograph them.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DA - Help the Room of Requirement
Project Name: Necessary Hat
Brief Description: My girlfriend gets too hot a lot, so she (sometimes incorrectly) believes she'll be fine outside in the cold wearing just a light jacket.  I made her this hat hoping that she'll wear it even if she feels she doesn't need it, just because I made it for her, and then maybe she'll stay warm by accident.  (It didn't work today though, I gave it to her this morning and she left it on the back of the couch.  Tongue )  This is my first top-down crochet hat, and the first time I've crocheted anything in about six years, so it's a little rough.  I'm pretty pleased with how it came out though.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #349 on: January 03, 2014 11:55:46 PM »

Magpirate - I suck at commenting so you are way ahead of me!  I love that hat tho and the cucumber Christmas tree! And shame on your gf for not bringing it lol! My husband has hats galore that I've made and he either forgets them or doesn't put em on in the first place. Punk.

Flying: A hanging tree hoop. I created this for a special person who loves the Hunger Games. Ive made others like it, but this one has several floo factors. The stars above are silver and glittery like the powder itself and the ground is green like the flames. When this is placed above or near the fireplace, it is easy to imagine and transport oneself to the Hanging Tree or just Panem.

hmm. For some reason this is only coming up upside down. I will see what I can do to fix that in a bit.

Class: Alchemy
Title: sweet monochrome beanie
Link: coming soon
Description: This is Pink and white cotton beanie for s 6 - 12 month old baby girl. This was made with 100% pure cotton.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Interview with Roger Nygard
White Balance Corrective Gels
The Film Lab - Mixing Sources
Welcome to the Film Lab
Gestures in Silent Films
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...