A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,042
Currently Running With Scissors:
574 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 76538 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: December 20, 2013 06:00:52 AM »

noodle-bug, I just wanted to say my thoughts are with the folks who were at the Apollo.  I heard the ceiling collapsed in a West End theatre and had to go check to make sure it wasn't yours.  (Not that I want anyone else hurt either, of course.)  I hope everyone is okay.  And I kinda hope that producers and theatre owners now take the warnings of safety-concerned Technical Directors more seriously.  (Not that this was the case of course.  I've just seen directors, producers & theatre owners ignore the warnings of TD's & LD's over here throughout my career.)

Also, super excited about the HP play! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #251 on: December 20, 2013 10:49:34 AM »

:::Missing for days, Professor pinkleo dashes pass you in the halls, muttering an odd list...

"Ham, peppermint, bark, nog, carrots, pecans, canes,...oh, must not forget Coffea & Camellia sinensis potions...sprinkles, snow, syrup, ribbons..." 

You blink, and she is gone, leaving in her spot a shimmer of pink sparkles.:::
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockmygypsysoul

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

« Reply #252 on: December 20, 2013 11:22:15 AM »

Class: Arithmancy
House: Gryffindor!!
Project Name: The Power of Two
Project Description:  When it comes to a powerful number, I think two is pretty spectacular.  Two halves the work but doubles the happiness.  When it comes to marriage, two becomes one but is still two - it's illogical but still true.  My brother got married this year so for a Christmas gift for him and his new wife, we got them a picnic basket!  They are very outdoorsy people and I thought it would be nice for them to enjoy their time outside.  The basket includes plates, silverware, wine glasses, and napkins.  So I etched the wineglasses (they look better in real life than the picture) and I embroidered the napkins.
Project Pic:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'www.alwaysbeenastorm.com')
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
butterflyangel
« Reply #253 on: December 20, 2013 12:03:18 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention in the Dungeons
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Coil bowl
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: So I made this in my ceramics class, the clay we used was porcelain. I'm not very good on the wheel, so I thought I'd make something by hand. I've always loved coils, so I decided to make a bowl made up of coils. The outside is painted with Stroke & Coat colors
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Reductor Curse
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Maiolica Mugs
Project Page Link
Brief Description: Another project was our maiolica pieces. It's basically red clay that's glazed with maiolica glaze then painted on before firing. I wanted to make little cups but that seemed rather boring, so I thought, why not interesting handles?
Project Pictures:

all almost 3" or 3"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #254 on: December 20, 2013 06:31:03 PM »

ohh, I'm so jealous of your ceramics class - I always wanted to try that!

Thanks jennie. I have a few friends who work in that theatre, but they are all fine (just shocked). Actually they are getting 2 whole weeks off over christmas on full pay, so they're really happy, and all the staff of the other theatres can be seen jumping up and down on roofs, hoping...
It's just a case that most west end theatres are listed buildings, and with old buildings it can be hard to keep them safe (especially given how reluctant owners are to spend any money)

Class: Flying
House; ravenclaw
Ravenclaw scavenger hunt: glitter
Project:
This photo album is for canadian cast member Brendan (who I'm secret santaing for), for him to store all his pictures from a his families year living and working in london Smiley I used a red & blue colour scheme, on a brown paper sketchbook - decorated each page with either stamped london icon images (tower bridge, the london eye, big ben), or english postal stamps, or british coins... and the occasional glittery page too!

« Last Edit: December 20, 2013 06:32:16 PM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
tiamatfire
« Reply #255 on: December 20, 2013 06:39:15 PM »

They finally let me out of St. Mungo's!  It'll take me a while to catch up, but everything that has been posted looks great. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: December 20, 2013 07:48:01 PM »

That's a lovely photo album noodle-bug!

In other somewhat on, and somewhat off-topic news...  My husband officially got a new job yesterday!!!  It's in Franklin, TN, about 1 hr 20 mins from where we are now in Kentucky.  Magpirate, we'll practically be neighbors!  We could have a weekend Crafternoon if we wanted.  Cheesy  He's going to start January 6th, and commute for a few weeks, then when we find an apartment he'll move down there.  I'll stay put for the first part of the semester, then move down myself halfway through, and commute for the last half of the semester.  (So just to warn you all now, I might be in and out of touch for a few weeks in mid March.)

AND, since we'll each be doing some commuting, AND since I've been such a good Jennie and put away all my Etsy funds all year, we were able to go buy a new car today!  We just got a new Prius c.  It's bright red, and I've already named it Godric.  DH doesn't approve of the name, but I don't care.  New car's name is Godric.  End of story.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Naantje
« Reply #257 on: December 21, 2013 02:34:04 AM »

Happy to hear your friends are okay noodle-bug! Good job on the emergency response staff of London! Upkeep is so important!

Also, as my husband was emptying out his satchel hor the week-end, what did he find inside? My cards for the card-exchange! Since he passes by the mailbox every day on his way to work anyway, he was supposed to put them in the mail :-/ Sorry they'll be late! (Also, because I was using up leftover international stamps, I've had to limit myself to our Headmistresses, the Gryffindor Head of House and my fellow EU-citizen. I hope you don't mind!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: December 21, 2013 10:18:37 AM »

pottermouth Cute idea for ornaments!!!
Acadian Driftwood I love the different fabrics of the same colors! Cute jar and adorable stars!
felicitybaby Welcome to Hogwarts!!! Awesome bracelets and bunting. And brilliant idea to put the directions on the bag!
MamanTattoo I love all your mother/daugther crafts!!! And the snowmen look like so much fun!
midkiffsjoy The cameo turned out awesome!
netchez Cute hat!
noodle-bug I love how the image transfer turned out and of course awesome handkerchiefs! The album is perfect!
rockmygypsysoul SO CUTE!!!!!! And pinkleos hat goes perfect with it!!!!!! What an awesome wedding present!
jellybean89 Lovely coasters and scarf!
DragonChilde Awesome dream catcher and jar!
vincentvanbuck Yum!
Nicajeanie Lovely gingerbread house and necklace! And awesome santa hat!
Linakins Pork butt is the best! We usually do ours BBQ style with just some bbq sauce over it and then eat it as a sandwich, but Ill have to try this out!
Inselaeffchen Yay for Loki!!!
Mistress Jennie The mustard, beans and jam look delicious!!! And your bracelets and bookmarks are gorgeous!
Avesthel Cute Christmas mitts!!!
Moonflame Such tiny and cute bags and the snitch is adorable!
Magpirate Yum! That pizza looks delicious!
WhistleFish What a clever idea!
butterflyangel The bowl turned out awesome and the mugs are adorable!

And now for a massive amount of project turn ins!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Care of Magical Creatures
Quidditch: RAVENCLAW! - Catch the snitch!
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Golden Snitch Headphone Ball
Brief Description: I made this Golden Snitch Headphone ball to represent the gold color of the unicorn foals.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
Project Name: Mini-Stockings
Project Link: http://www.lemondedesucrette.com/2011/11/16/little-christmas-socks-the-pattern/
Brief Description: I saw these stockings on the Nerd Battles craft-a-long and I had to give them a try. And I made one in red and one in green to add to my Christmas decorations!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Muggle Studies
Project Name: Sesame Chicken
Project Link: http://www.budgetbytes.com/2013/08/easy-sesame-chicken/
Brief Description: Im not the most skilled at muggle cooking so I had to find a pretty simple recipe. And this one is relatively easy and taste delicious. I also got to learn how to use fresh ginger for the first time without a wand.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: SOAR
Project Name: Triangle Book
Brief Description: I have learned to enjoy being my slightly unusual self and when I found this idea for an unusually shaped book, I had to try it!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Ravenclaw Pride
Project Name: Spoilers Mini Notebook
Brief Description: My husband loves mini-notebooks but they always just look like notebooks so I fixed this one up especially for him, because who doesnt love Spoilers!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: House Unity
Project Name: House Rings
Brief Description: I saw on pinterest someone had used shower rings and wrapped them with yarn to make some cool designs so I thought Id scale it down a little bit. I used some cabones I had and embroidery floss to represent the four houses.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: HoM
Project Name: Soap Crayons
Project Link:
Brief Description: I found this recipe to make bathtub crayons and had to try it. They arent the greatest but the will work for a little bit.
Project Picture: http://kiboomukidscrafts.com/ivory-soap-bath-crayons-recipe/

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention: December
Project Name: More Mini Stockings
Project Link: http://www.lemondedesucrette.com/2011/11/16/little-christmas-socks-the-pattern/
Brief Description: These stockings are crocheted in a circle and after doing three more I was quite dizzy!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DA- Disarming
Project Name: Cleaning/Organizing My Craftroom
Brief Description: My messy, unorganized craftroom has been frustratingly in the way of my creative mojo. I finally forced myself to get it cleaned up and organized. Now I can let my mojo work its magic.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DA - Impediment Jinx
Project Name: Green Basketweave Headband
Brief Description: I had some different color thread and my other headband was keeping quite warm so I just had to make another one!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DA - Shield Charm and Ravenclaw Scavenger Hunt - Natural Fibers
Project Name: White Hat
Brief Description: I made this hat from 100% cotton to shield my head and ears from the Idaho cold!
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013 08:25:42 AM by BadWolf314 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #259 on: December 21, 2013 02:05:06 PM »

I love your triangle book BadWolf!

Class: Apparition
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Vintage lady pincushion
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430222.0
Brief Description: For my apparition work, I traveled to Hokkaido, the Northernmost main island of Japan. The base of this pincushion has a map of the area, which helped me concentrate on my desired location. The figurine on top was also made in Japan, a nice bit of symmetry (backstory in the main post).

Challenge: Cranberry Bean
Project Name: Insulated curtain
Brief Description: Cranberries are popular in the cold weather months of North America. This curtain helps me stay toasty, and is also cranberry red!

Class: Muggle Studies
Project Name: Spanakopita triangles
Project Page Link: http://egglandsbest.com/recipes/book/s/spanikopita.aspx
Brief Description: This muggle dish has Greek origins, and actually wasn't too complicated to make without magic, although I'm sure they would have been much prettier if I had. I'm taking them to a potluck tonight to see if people will be able to tell that they were made the muggle way!

Challenge: DA - Sign the Parchment
Project Name: Purple damask wallet
Brief Description: My go-to craft is sewing, and this was the first serious pattern I made for my etsy. Over a year later, I still enjoy making them!

« Last Edit: December 21, 2013 02:08:09 PM by Acadian Driftwood » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Marchesa Goes Sporty For The New York Jets
WAG Kelly Brook Says She Dresses To Flatter Her Curves
Who Rocked the Frock: Edie Falco, Tess Daly, or Shalom Harlow?
Top Five Fall Denim Trends
How to Make a Personalized Apron With Elmo
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...