A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,037
Currently Running With Scissors:
608 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 76427 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #220 on: December 17, 2013 07:03:10 AM »

Ah! Super cute little gryffindor baby!
I love the wire stars, and the diagonal ends of the scarf Smiley

I'm doing my cards today & tomorrow - since they are going international I doubt they'll get places before christmas, but hopefully they'll still scrap in for the end of the holiday season!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
rockmygypsysoul

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

« Reply #221 on: December 17, 2013 09:27:29 AM »

I, too, am working on my cards right now.  And while I'd love to add a personal message to each, that isn't going to happen if I want them in the mail today  Wink

For anyone religious in the card exchange, please don't take my card as sacrilegious!  It's a take on my personal favorite Christmas movie and it would never have occurred to me that it would be offensive (because there's nothing inherently offensive about it) but then I told my mother what I was doing and apparently it is offensive if you are particularly traditional.  But it's too late to do something else, so please just don't take it badly!!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'www.alwaysbeenastorm.com')
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
WhistleFish
« Reply #222 on: December 17, 2013 10:39:05 AM »

@rockmygypsysoul: I'm even MORE excited to see them now! Lol.

To everyone else: I sent my cards out yesterday! Should get there in a couple days! (Longer if international) I'm really excited to see what you all will think. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: December 17, 2013 12:16:39 PM »

I sent my cards out Saturday. But now I'm feeling like a slacker because I sent purchased cards.   Sad     Blerg!  Why don't I own any paper crafting supplies?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #224 on: December 17, 2013 12:41:17 PM »

Mine are purchased that i'm adding a very simple adaption too, i doubt expect to receive make cards :-)

Rmgs - I'm neigh on impossible to offend; and certainly not by being sacrilegious! So no worries on my part
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: December 17, 2013 02:13:17 PM »

Wow I was gone for 10 days and 10 pages of projects have been posted. How wonderful!

Linakins ~ I really like your card mock ups and can't wait to see how the finished cards came out. Your Floo Pixie is positively gorgeous. I am so sorry to hear about the broken arm in your family, the arm warmers you made are such a fantastic solution to the clothing issue.
jellybean89 ~ I like your towel hanger. I love the colors in your rag rug. The coasters are cute and so is the red and gold scarf. I really like the slanted edge of the scarf.
Avesthel ~ Your rapunzel scarf is fantastic! I really like your hat as well.
MamanTattoo ~ I love the story of your play dough. Homemade play dough is a wonderful thing. That pasta sauce looks great! The soap snowmen are adorable.
BadWolf314 ~ Thanks so much for supporting the Slytherin Quidditch team! The Snitch ornaments turned out great! Your Hitchhikers ornaments are fantastic as well (those books are on my list of books I want to read)! Your nerd-flakes are wonderful as well. I like your glittery TARDIS ornaments. The headband you made is really cute and you made a fantastic face for the picture!
Nicajeanie ~ The christmas box you made is fantastic! I really like the emotion behind it. Your joy pin is very bright and such a great way to spread joy! I really like both of the necklaces you made. How does the maille one look when it is worn?
Moonflame ~ I really like your bright ornament wreath! It is really sweet that Bob is concerned about Twinkles.
pottermouth ~ I really like Alton's Slytheirn Snuggie! It is really cute. The sand dollar art is fantastic, I really like the way the watercolors look on the sand dollars.
Magpirate ~ Your festive zipper pull is very charming. That Taco Soup sounds delicious.
noodle-bug ~ I love love love your Cranberry Bean socks! The colors are wonderful and they are delightfully mismatched. I like how the image transfer turned out. Your embroidered hankies are fantastic.
Acadian Driftwood ~ Your rosemary broomsticks are adorable! I really like your patchwork ornaments, the colors are great. Your OWL sounds great. The disguised floo powder jar is cute. I like the star decorations, what a wonderful way to bring some house pride into a room.
WistleFish ~ I really like all the calendars! A few years ago we made calendars for all our family members. They were really well received. Those snickerdoodles look fantastic!
felicitybaby ~ Welcome to Hogwarts! I really like the bracelets you made. I think it is fantastic that you made your own heating pads. YOur christmas bunting is also very fantastic.
midkiffsjoy ~ I like the way the bubbles ended up changing the cameo.
netchez ~ Your pink hat is really cute.
rockmygypsysoul ~ Your NEWT sounds fantastic. I really like all the images in your inspiration board. The Gryffindor baby is very Gryffindorable.

I have taken a brief break from my NEWT and am instead crafting like mad to get holiday gifts done.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Divination
House:Slytherin
Project Name: Crescent Moon Dreamcatcher
Project Page Link: none
Brief Description: I made this dreamcatcher for my swap partner in the WWP Yule swap (round 46). According to some lore, the dreamcatcher is the web of grandmother spider (who is represented in the beads in the dreamcatcher) and that she captures and consumes the bad dreams. The beads in the dreamcatcher portion are snowflake obsidian and amber and the beads around the edge are rose quartz.
Project Picture: (I forgot to take a picture of the dreamcatcher before I sent it so this is the picture my partner took)

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Slytherin Pride
House:Slytherin
Project Name: Chai Miel
Project Page Link: none
Brief Description: This project is a house pride project for me in two ways, the first being more obvious than the second. the first way that I consider this project house pride is the way that I decorated the jar in Slytherin green. Inside the jar is a honey infused with a variety of dried herbs. The herbs are ground into a powder and mixed into the honey. Most of the herbs are adaptogens that are local to my area. This represents Slytherin house because adaptogens help the body cope with stress. This is relevant to Slytherin to me because based on sorting hat quizzes I have taken it seems that some people think that Slytherins don't fell like they will break under stress but I think that we just find ways to push through it even though we feel like breaking This is another item that I sent to my partner in the swap and can be added to milk to make chai or to apple juice to make a really good spiced cider or just eaten for the medicinal benefits. I feel like this description may not make much sense so if you have a hard time understanding what I am trying to say, let me know and I will try to explain better.
Project Picture: (again I forgot to take a picture before I sent so this is the picture my partner took)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: December 17, 2013 06:17:42 PM »

My cards went out today too.  I did postcards that I hope you will all enjoy.  Plus it helped me use up an older book of stamps that aren't the right amount of postage for a letter anymore. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #227 on: December 17, 2013 06:35:01 PM »

How often are house points tallied? (Meaning how often can I justify checking the front page :p)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: December 17, 2013 08:50:30 PM »

23 pages of crafting!!! And I have not posted a single project yet... that makes me sad.  Cry  Just one of those periods at work.  (I am anticipating things being better after the New Year... I sure hope so, anyways!)

At any rate, I finally have SOMETHING to post.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DA Lessons with Harry - Stunning Spell
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name:
Mamavanbuck's Famous Cookies -- Christmas Edition
Brief Description: These cookies pack a double punch, first stunning the sense of smell, and then of taste, with a blast of cinnamon spice.  (This is another variation of my mother's cookie recipe that I posted last semester.)
Project Picture:

1 box spice cake mix + 1 egg + 2/3 cup canola oil + 1/2 bag cinnamon chips =

stunningly delicious cookies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
  • Altered Puzzle Pieces Rd. 9
  • Mini 13 Days of Halloween R. 6
  • July Ongoing ATC Swap (co-org only)
  • August Ongoing ATC Swap (co-org only)

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
Nicajeanie
« Reply #229 on: December 17, 2013 09:28:33 PM »

Those cookies sound delish!

Challenge: DA - Reductor Curse
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Gingerbread Cottagette
Project Description: Miniature paper gingerbread cottage will fit perfectly in my tiny Christmas village
Project Picture:

Challenge: Bertie Botts - Cranberry
Project Description: Beautiful cranberry yarn crochet into a Santa hat
Project Picture:

Class: Arithmancy:
Project Description: I chose the number 4 because I liked last semesters results so much. I made a cross necklace to go with the bracelet
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Tyson Granger
How to Draw Tony Chopper
How to Draw Tomoki Sakurai
How to Draw Tinkerbell
How to Draw Thrasher
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...