A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,134
Currently Running With Scissors:
672 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 87017 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Inselaeffchen
« Reply #170 on: December 11, 2013 03:31:06 PM »

Phew! Pinning is up to date now! Smiley Eyes drooping here, I think I'll have another butterbeer then go up to bed! Hoping to be able to hand in some class projects tomorrow myself! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Acadian Driftwood
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #171 on: December 11, 2013 05:52:19 PM »

Class: Arithmancy
House: Hufflepuff
Quidditch: Catching the snitch for Hufflepuff!
Project Name: Rosemary broomsticks
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=429961.0
Brief Description: The number I chose to study is seven. The seven players on a Quidditch team, working together in perfect concert, produce the most amazing results! I made one miniature broom for each team member - the blue-bound brooms are for the chasers, as they have to coordinate even more than the rest of the team.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: December 11, 2013 07:36:19 PM »

noodle-bug, the colors in your cranberry bean socks are just gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
  • Yet Another TM Patch Swap R. 3
  • Christmas Stocking Swap R. 10
  • October ATC (organizer)
  • November ATC (organizer)

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 12, 2013 07:36:23 AM »

Hello hello everyone! I will be checking in tomorrow with some comments but for now I have an announcement for Slytherin house.

Hello lovely Slytherin students, I would advise you head over to the dungeon to check out the extra credit option

Also, I have a question for everyone here. The holidays are coming up and in my house we make our gifts for family members and I have a slight problem. I haven't really seen youngest sister (who is technically my half-sister) in about a year and 9 months. We get to visit her once a month for 2 hours but her mother and/or stepfather never let us have time to just talk with her, they are always looming. I have this red fox tail that I wear on a regular basis and my sister really likes to play with it. Because I haven't been able to talk to her much, I feel like I don't really know her much anymore and I am at a loss as to what to make her for the holidays. I have a fox pelt that I could make something out of because of how much she like to play with my tail so much but I don't know what to do with it. Any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #174 on: December 12, 2013 10:13:14 AM »

how old is she?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 12, 2013 10:17:19 AM »

She turned 13 in September, is a voracious reader, and does a lot of dance. She also plays the flute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
Linakins
Craft Hoarder

Will work for craft supplies!

« Reply #176 on: December 12, 2013 11:27:42 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: History of Magic
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Arm Warmers
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1402125/How_to_make_leg_warmers_or_arm_warmers
Brief Description: My baby broke her arm on Tuesday of last week. Its getting really cold here the only things Ive been able to put on her for tops are short sleeve shirts with wide arm holes.

SO to save myself money from having to go buy larger shirts and sweaters I have made her arm warmers! Since Ive already bought all I can get for now, and am dead broke (like dead broke. Like dont have two pennies to rub together broke). So I found some knee high socks of mine that I never wore and turned them into arm warmers. I have made 4 pair so far. Ive been putting them on her and sending my baby to school in her sisters hoodies and old jacket, but with the arm warmers she can take off these bigger clothes and still be warm while at school and at home.
Project Picture:

DragonChilde- That age is kind of a pain luls. If she likes the fox tail, then I suggest making her clip in ears like the ones here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynh49V6uH50 . Ears in my opinion are cuter than a tail. This is what I'll be making my big girl this holiday.   

Acadian Driftwood- thanks for making a catch! Those tiny brooms are soooo cute!

noodle-bug- those socks! i seriously have sock envy thanks to all you fancy knitters. the colors are amazing!

magpirate- I make that same soup! It's delicious! I switched mine over to a very low sodium version of that soup but I make it at least once a week.

moonflame- your teeny tiny muffler appeals to my love of teeny tiny things! Also love your wreath!

pottermouth- My Rosie (elf on a shelf) thinks your elf looks far too cozy in his snuggie. Too cute!

Nicajeanie- all the items you made were lovely, but I really love your exploding box. That is genius! I must try and make one of those now Smiley

Avesthel- If you're looking for your knitted cap, I don't have i. It's not keeping my head nice and warm. XD

BadWolf314- Your Christmas tree must look amazing with all  those awesome handmade ornaments on it. The snowflakes are pure genius!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft to preserve my sanity!

If you like my work and would be interested in a personal swap, please contact me!
WhistleFish
« Reply #177 on: December 12, 2013 12:36:18 PM »

Happy Thursday! (FYI Card exchange participants: I may have bitten off slightly more than I can chew with my Christmas card idea but I'm hoping to have them sent out by tomorrow or Saturday!)

And I finally took some pictures so I also have some homework to turn in:

Class: DADA
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Large Scrapbooked Calendar
Brief Description: Something to decorate a boring wall?! Well, how about this - a bright, happy, baby-filled calendar! I made this as a gift for my mom for Christmas. It came from a calendar kit that I got on clearance a couple years ago.
Project Picture: Here's the December page. (Sorry for the washed out picture. Didn't look so bad last night. It's already wrapped up so I can't take another. Oh well.)

Class: HoM
Project Name: Three Mini Calendars
Brief Description: I crafted these mini calendars to help me save money on Christmas gifts. I liked the other calendar I made and I wanted to make more for my MIL and grandMIL's. These only cost 90 cents each at Michaels! (Plus the cost of printing the pictures.) How's that for saving money? Less than $5 and I have some wonderful gifts for the family. So much goes on around Christmas, anything to help save is awesome!
Project Picture:

Class: December Detention
Project Name: Snickerdoodles!
Project Link: Used this recipe.
Brief Description: Not only are these cookies circular, but they're also made the muggle way. What a detention indeed! I don't mind mixing cookies but I hate timing them in the oven. Even with a timer I usually mess them up.
Project Picture:

Also, I've got to catch up on my "Ooos & Ahhhs":

@Avestral: What a warm, thick hat! Looks lovely! (And yay for more Gryffindor points!)

@Ant Bee: Hi hi hi! Take your time...we will be here! Smiley

@Nicajeanie: That is SUCH a cool box!!!!! I bet your daughter will love it! (Also, I'm jealous she's in New Zealand. It looks soooo gorgeous in pictures!) I also love the "Not a Holly Necklace"...it's so festive!

@Moonflame: Love the wreath! I'm jealous of everyone's holiday decorations. I waited too long to make some gifts so I'm stuck making gifts instead of making fun decorations. Awesome little scarf thing...it's so tiny!

@pottermouth: ALTON! He's back! I'm going to write down all your Elf ideas and save them for next year when Luna's a bit older. She's pretty entertained right now just by the fact he's in a different spot everyday.

@Magpirate: We make taco soup too! Yours has me definitely thinking maybe we'll make some for dinner.

@noodle-bug: Gorgeous socks! I love the yarn you used!

@Acadian Driftwood: Awesome little broomsticks! I wish I could make a life-sized one. It'd smell so good!

@DragonChilde
: You could make her a reading journal! That way she can keep track of all her books she's reading. Maybe like Smashbook style? I loved journals when I was that age.

@Linakins: What a smart idea with the arm warmers! Sorry to hear that she broke her arm though. :/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

butterflyangel
« Reply #178 on: December 12, 2013 02:45:49 PM »

Definitely want to do this! I try each semester but I always get lost along the way! Will try to be more active this winter semester !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #179 on: December 12, 2013 06:32:14 PM »

Class: Muggle class
Projet name: Quick vegan pasta sauce
Desc. And recipe:
I can't believe how complicated muggles can be!! I had to use a weird thingy called "can oppener"...twice!!!
The stove is a weird thing aswell... It burns, but there's no fire in it!

recipe:
Shop half an onion, two carrot, two celeri and half a red bell pepper. With a knife. By hand.
Turn the fancy button of the stove-top to the middle-fire. If your spiral thingy turns red, it's too hot.
Pour olive oil into your big cauldron, on the stove-top spiral thingy that burns without fire. (the cauldron, not the oil!)
Drop your shopped veggies and stir.
Take the can oppener. Be carefull, there's a round blade. you musn't put your finger there!
After figuring out how it works, open a big can of tomato sauce and another big can of diced totatoes. Pour both over the veggies. By hand.
Drop about a cup of red lentils.
Seasons to taste... Pinch of rosemary, marjolaine, pepper, sugar, etc. Remember, by hand always.
Stir once in a while.
You may want to lower your spiral-thingy heat at that point.

It takes about half an hour, depending on how crunchy you like your veggies.

Enjoy!!

DragonChilde: I will continue with Whistle fish and have you make her a FOX book/journal-cover. That way she can keep using the foxfur into a practical thing over and over again!!!

Whistlefish: Your daughter is so precious! I love her hairs!

Linakins: I'm sorry for your daughter! Hope she recovers well :S

Acadian Driftwood: What a neat idea! Why haven't I ever thought of making those? they are so cool and YAY for Quidditch! We have a tie!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Cover a Pimple
Elizabeth Banks Reads an Embarrassing Confession
Robin McGraw’s Surprise
Revelation Makeover Reveal
Robin’s Revelation Spa Treatment
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...