A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,597
Currently Running With Scissors:
730 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 70512 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #130 on: December 07, 2013 11:43:49 AM »

its a good idea to consider your fabric when you decide how many strands to use -  looser weave fabric (or if you'll very doing bigger stitches) you'll want to use more strands. and you can use different number of strands on the same piece, eg for bolder outlining or finer detail

If you want to use a stretchy fabric, or something like a fine felt that will fall apart if you perforated it with stitches, you can put interfacing behind to help give better structure. you can do the same to limit the pucker on really fine fabrics, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Linakins

Craft Hoarder

Will work for craft supplies!

« Reply #131 on: December 07, 2013 05:01:18 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Charms
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Christmas Card Mock Up
Project Page Link: None
Brief Description: So I decided to handmake my cards this year and this is one of the designs I mocked up. I cut out snowflakes and glittered them and I wrote out Let It Snow by hand and then went over it with a tiny paintbrush and glue and then glittered that. I have to work on my size and spacing but I think It came out nice for a trail run. Everything was then glued onto the pretty blue paper and then onto the card itself.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
Project Name: Christmas Card Mock Up
Project Page Link: None
Brief Description: Its all red and green. The little red balls are red microbeads. I will be working on the ornament placement so it doesnt look so off for my real cards.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Flying
Project Name: Floo Pixie
Project Page Link: Inspired by http://www.forestfairycrafts.com/
Brief Description: So I have been crafting all day and I have crappy lighting in my house so I couldnt take this sooner so forgive the blurriness and the lack of silvery shine. In person shes all silver sheen goodness.

At any rate, this is my Pixie Ornament. Her body is a bent up pipe cleaner, and her clothes are made from tulle, silk flowers, and white felt that I sprayed with silver sheen. I only had white yarn, so I dyed it with a lot of silver sheen. In person this looks amazing. I decorated her hat with some silver lace and silver sequins. Her dress is tied with silver bakers twine. For her wings I gather up some white tulle and bunched it up like a bow and tied this on. Her hanging string is made with this silver tinsel like string. I love making these and so youll probably see a few more of these later this semester XD

Coming up with something for this course was hard because I didnt have anything that fit the criteria for much of this project. My goal this semester is to use up only crafting items I already have in my home and not buy anything new, so I did my best to come up with something that fit.

Project Picture:

Oh my gosh extra long post!

Now for comments! XD

WhistleFish: love your snowflakes! Everytime I try and cut some out, I get something that looks like my five year could make it XD

FiberAlchemist: Next time you make this bagel thing I'm coming over for breakfast! YUMMY!

rockmygypsysoul: The felt books are an amazing Idea. I love the page you have pictured! Also, your BiL sucks. I hope someday you get to kick him in the nuts for being so rude!

pottermouth: Hello! I've received such a warm welcome here. It's very nice! I hope my future projects don't disappoint XD Also, If your tree comes up missing, I DO NOT HAVE IT! I swear. It will not be in my room on my nightstand in all its pink and unicorny glory. I LOVE THIS! Your crochet skills also make me QQ because they are really very good! The snowflakes are great!

noodle-bug: GL with your sketchbook! Pastels look like such smeary fun ^_^

Moonflame: Your snowflakes also fill me with O_O at all your wonderful scissor skills! Truly lovely!

Naantje: That string art looks terribly complicated. It's very impressive!

DragonChilde: Congrats on working your "fears" and your knitting skills. I want to try to knit, but it looks so very intimidating!

MamanTattoo: If those socks disappear from your daughters stocking, they will also not be with me. I will not be trying to shove my big foot into those adorable little socks. I want a pair in my size QQ Too cute I love the yarn!

That's all I've got for now!

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013 05:19:41 PM by Linakins » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft to preserve my sanity!

If you like my work and would be interested in a personal swap, please contact me!
jellybean89
« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2013 10:06:51 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Botts Every Flavor Bean: Popcorn
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Crochet Towel Hanger
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description: For the popcorn bean, I crocheted a colorful towel hanger that pops in the kitchen. The front part is made using the astrakhan stitch and covers the towel ring in the back.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention in the Dungeons: December
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Round Crocheted Rag Rug
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description: For December's detention, I crocheted a round rag rug using leftover rag strips.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avesthel

♥ birds ♥

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 07, 2013 10:20:08 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: popcorn bean
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Rapunzel scarf
Brief Description:  Lots of lovely colors popping in this rapunzel scarf!   Cheesy   
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #134 on: December 08, 2013 09:43:56 AM »

Love, Love, Love seeing the Unicorn Farts yarn in use, Maman!! Your socks are awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
coulsenl
« Reply #135 on: December 08, 2013 05:39:24 PM »

Linakins I think your snowflake card is just beautiful and the pixie is incredible.
Jellybean your towel holder is awesome, I love the colours that you used.  The rug looks really good too, love the colour combination.
Avesthel that scarf is gorgeous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #136 on: December 08, 2013 06:48:18 PM »

Linakins- Yay! another flying homework done! The cards are cute.

Dragonchilde: Toe-up, so I wouldn't stress about having enough yarn!

Abbee: Cheesy

Avesthel: This is a pretty scarf.

JellyBean: I LOVE ragrugs (I tried writing a heart but this keyboard won't let me...)

Class: POTIONS!
House: Red and Gold all over.
Go-to play dough recipe
Desc: This is the kind of stuff you always need to have on hand. It can turn a terrible too-much-energy kid moment into a delightly calm play in an instant. Here's our stove-brewed play dough recipe:

2 cups wheat flour
1 cup salt
3 teaspoons tartar cream
3 tablespoons oil
2 cups water
You may also want natural colorant, food dyes, essential oils, essences and extracts.

Mix everything in you cauldron and cast a mild fire under it. Stir with your wand until it's smooth. It takes about 5 minutes, but you need to stay and stir or it'll burn and won't be homogenous. Let it cool. Once cool, you can add colorant and scent and mix it in!

Pictured: The Green one had spearmint extracts. Unfortunately my son peed in it the day I made it!
The blue one had geranium EO. Had, because Son broke the jar, with the dough in it, the same day!!
The undyied white one was my favorite. I put vanilla extract and it smelled so wonderfully! but I said was because:
it was merged with the purple one, wich now smells of vanilla-lavender (EO). Still I love it.
And the pink one as orange essence in it. It's slowly becoming brown, because of contact with purple Tongue

and yes, baby Victor is a week shy of 6 month old. I can't beleive it either!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013 06:54:12 PM by MamanTattoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #137 on: December 08, 2013 07:42:48 PM »

:::Professor pinkleo finally manages to escape her office after being frozen in by an enchanted ice storm:::

Ah, so happy to finally be back to the land of constant electricity, heat, and internet.  For those not in the know, Thursday, my area was hit with an ice storm, and we were not prepared for the long repercussions....li ke major power outages (thankful we had power most of the time...just with blackouts, but it played havoc with my internet service...fingers crossed all is well now, but I really can't complain, some people still do not have power!!!)  Anywho, just wanted to let y'all know that I was not in despair, but rather in a land of white & ice.  I'll be back tomorrow to catchup and cast point spells.  Until then, blessed be and stay warm. Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #138 on: December 08, 2013 08:02:11 PM »

~*Congratulations pottermouth*~
~*You are the first to earn the D.A.D.A. Badge*~

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges. 

*Once revealed, a class badge can be found in the Badge Station.*

« Last Edit: December 08, 2013 08:04:28 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #139 on: December 08, 2013 08:04:16 PM »

~*Congratulations Naantje*~
~*You are the first to earn the Flying Badge*~

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges. 

*Once revealed, a class badge can be found in the Badge Station.*

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Pull Off Leather in the Summer
Best Tips For Preparing Your Feet For Stiletto Season
How to Wear Black Overalls for Every Occasion
How to Find the Right Bra
Summer Festival Style Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...