A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 298,099
Currently Running With Scissors:
693 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 82018 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: December 05, 2013 10:24:10 PM »

pottermouth: That's an awesome tree!!! I think I'll saying this a lot (with the unicorns and gold glitter projects this trismester) but my daugther would totally be thrilled to have this in our house. Pink AND rainbow AND unicorns AND glitters!!!
And you're welcomed, anytime, but I don't really think you need me. Just look it up, there are great tutorials done already, they are free, too! The elf is lovely, too! And anyone that takes the time to block their pieces impresses me. But you always do!

Noodle-bug: It's never too late! and now I have a radiohead song in my head (which makes me really happy)so thanks for sharing!

RMGS: I won't comment on the BIL. Because here is an happy place!!! ...But I'm thinking the comment I would write!!! Hopefully you don't have to see him much...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013 10:26:20 PM by MamanTattoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2013 06:14:13 AM »

I can testify that your neice with an unusual name will love getting something personalised with it. I used to scour the racks of badges, pencils, stockers and keyrings in all the giftshops on all the school trips and days out with grandparents hoping to find something with the correct spelling of my name (Vikki - common name, but my parents used a weird spelling - or weird enough not to come on keyrings anyway).

As a "Jennie", I have the same problem.  Apparently no one in America spells it like this...  Oddly enough I have found my name spelled correctly on keychains in the UK...

stillatthehop: You need to upload photos to Craftster under "My Craftster" in the tape measure at the top of the page.  Posting a link to where the file is on your computer won't work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Moonflame
« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2013 07:01:50 AM »

MamanTattoo  Your button wreath is so cute!  And believe me, I know how much time "helpers" add, but it's so worth it for the memories, isn't it? Smiley

coulsenl Your dishcloth is great!  All the stitches are so even.  I failed 3rd grade art because I couldn't crochet.  It took me until just a few yrs ago to get up the courage to conquer the art. Tongue

Whistlefish Your snowflakes are so festive!  I've been making some, too! (See project below.)  They're so fun to make!

FiberAlchemist  OK, that looks amazing enough that I'm going to buy some GF bagels and try it.  I don't splurge much on GF breads, but that going to make me do it.  Grin

rockmygypsysoul Your OWL proposition sounds great! (Unlike your crummy BIL!!)  I'm looking forward to seeing what you use for your letters.  Your Yak is soooooo cute! Smiley

Pottermouth  I would love to have you (and everyone else interested) over for a soap-making party.  Wouldn't that be a blast??   Your rainbow unicorn tree is awesome!  So sassy!  And your Santa is very sweet! What kind of paperclay do you use?  I love your buck's Christmas sweater, LOL!  And so punny! ^_^  And yes, you must really love that kid to block the beautiful headband for her. 

Noodlebug  I think it's great that you decided to keep the notebook and also to let go of rules.  I think we forget too often how to just "play."  I need to be more mindful of this myself!

Class: Charms
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Flake Frenzy
Project Description: I loved what happened in our charms class so much, that I was inspired to try to recreate some of those flakes to keep on a longer-term basis.  Some of my kids got inspired and joined in, but most are ine, as they were busy experimenting with various methods/patterns/etc.  Unfortunately, not terribly long after I took this pic, Wheatley (he of Hexipuff-stalking fame) decided that the snowflakes posed a threat to us all.  He gallantly took it upon himself to rush across the room, leap onto the couch, and fling himself bravely at the perceived threat, taking down a whole string of flakes in one go.  He also savaged some of the other low-hanging flakes.  Shocked  I had to readjust everything, and now I have more strands, but they're a lot shorter. Tongue
Project Pic:Please excuse the messy background. Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2013 10:16:50 AM »

Congratulations to pottermouth for finding GLITTER in the Ravenclaw Scavenger Hunt!!!  Here is your shiny glittery new badge!!

Future hunters and pick up their badges in the common room.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013 11:30:21 AM by FiberAlchemist » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avesthel

<3 birds <3

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 06, 2013 11:50:09 AM »

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words about my mitts.   Smiley    I am loving all the new projects too!   Smiley

Mistress Jennie - Do we have the full 2 weeks for the popcorn bean since we just started a new term?   I noticed it is a carry over from last term, but I wasn't in the Fall semester.    Huh

stillatthetop - Your journal pages are lovely.  Smiley   I found a link for you on how to post pictures here on Craftster:
http://www.craftster.org/craftsterguide.html#anchor5b
You can find the Craftster photo hosting by clicking on "my craftster" then "my picture hosting" then "upload photos".
direct link to Craftster photo uploading is here:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/uploadphoto.php

And once you upload a photo, click on it's thumbnail to get the larger view.  Under the larger view are the codes to copy and paste to host your image here.   For example, look at this photo and you can see the code that says "Copy and paste this into your Craftster post:"
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=616158

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #115 on: December 06, 2013 01:27:21 PM »

Those are some fancy flakes Moonflame!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Inselaeffchen
« Reply #116 on: December 06, 2013 03:00:42 PM »

Wow, so many great projects already posted again! I've not had time to start what I wanted to start since Wednesday and which needs to be finished by Tuesday evening - but I should be ok... I hope!

Will pin again the rest of the projects once back home (Wednesday evening).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Naantje
« Reply #117 on: December 06, 2013 03:04:27 PM »

WARNING: I've been on a crafting spree the last two days, huge project update ahead! Being laid off definitely has the perk of extra crafting time. At least until February, when I'm enrolling in a course to become a teacher! Until then, I intend to make my free time count  Grin

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Flying
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Doctor Who Mug
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=429517
Brief Description:
Very nearly a year ago, I created my original Doctor Who Mug. It was a Christmas gift for a seriously Doctor Who obsessed friend. We could relate: my husband and I are a similar kind of geek! My then fianc immediately requested I make him one too, but as happens so often, it took ages before I finally got around to making him a mug to call his own. Six more days and it would have been a full year! Today I was on a crafting spree and when I finished the six projects posted below, I figured I'd finally make him that mug too. What better container to store Floo Powder than this cup, which depicts a TARDIS that can transport you anywhere in time and space!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Arithmancy
Project Name: Christmas Star String Art
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=429516
Brief Description:
Don't you just love Christmas? It's pretty much the only holiday we decorate for and I'm particularly looking forward to putting up our tree tomorrow. A friend of mine is running particularly low in the decoration department, so for the feast of Saint-Nicholas (which we celebrate today in Belgium!) I made her some decorations. I bought some 7" cork trivets and got out some stash of nails, thread, fabric scraps and rick-rack ribbon and went to town! The number I picked for my Arithmancy assignment is SEVEN, for my favorite number of points on a star. When you start drawing stars, the minimum number of points is five, which gives you the easy to draw pentagram. I like the pentagram, but it's got a bad rep and it's too laden for my taste. Then comes the six-pointed star. Possibly even easier to draw, it's best known as the star of David, and it's a strong symbol of the Jewish faith. I respect the religion, but I'm not very big on religious symbols, so the six-pointed star doesn't quite do it for me. Also, you have to lift your pen to draw a six-pointed star! The eight-pointed star isn't my cup of tea either, I don't really like how it looks. I think I take issue with the points directly facing each other in pairs. Beyond eight points, drawing the star by hand becomes way too hard for me, and frankly: they start to look more like sun-representations than depictions of stars! No, the seven-pointed star is by far superior! It took a bit of exercise, but I can smoothly draw it these days without lifting my pen even once.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
Project Name: Christmas Tree String Art
Brief Description:
Oh, Christmas Tree! How I love Christmas trees! I had to put one of these into the set of Christmas decorations for my friend. I used the green and red of holly for their association with the holiday. (Piece is 7" across)
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: December detention - Craft something circular
Project Name: Christmas Angel String Art
Brief Description:
I envisioned the set of holiday decorations as counting three pieces, and when my snowflake design proved to be too intricate to be captured in string art, I wondered: what else is Christmassy that WOULD translate beautifully to a piece of string art? Why, a minimalist angel naturally!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Defence Against the Dark Arts
Project Name: Bird String Art
Brief Description:
This is still going for the same friend! She moved in with her boyfriend earlier this year, and while their appartment is comfortable, she says it still lacks personal touches and character. It still looks very much like a furniture catalogue (They're very tidy! Even if we didn't have personal decorations, our home would never be mistaken for a furniture catalogue!) and she wanted more stuff to decorate their plain walls with. They can't leave up their Christmas decorations year-round, so I made this bird decoration to make use of that nail in the wall the other elven months of the year! No more boring walls Smiley
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: POPCORN bean
Project Name: Kitty string art
Brief Description:
Am I spoiling my friend? Maybe, it's becoming quite a stack of wall decorations! Still, after all is said and done, I spent under 5 for both sets and time-wise, I put in about 10 hours for the whole lot, so part of me is still telling myself I'm cheaping out... For this fifth piece she is getting, I'll be adding a pop of colour to her home. Their decorating palette is white, brown and pops of green for zingy accents. This piece of kitty string art should fit right in and pop up that boring white wall.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Divination
Project Name: Butterfly string art
Brief Description:
Ah, the final piece of wall art... This butterfly just barely escaped from a spider's web, but the near-death experience left its mark on the insect! To make this piece, I carefully observed the spiders and how they spin their webs, attaching it to several fixed points. I imitated their craft with string and nails. I must say I was quite relieved when I finished, because my fingertips seriously hurt from putting in all those nails, and keeping sufficient tension while trying to get a beautiful, balanced look isn't as easy as you'd think it was either! Still, I'm very happy with the end-result! Cheesy
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Avesthel

<3 birds <3

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 06, 2013 03:36:38 PM »

Love the string art.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 06, 2013 03:57:15 PM »

Thanks toy everyone who congratulated me on becoming Slytherin HoH, I am very excited.
WistleFish~ That hooded scarf looks cozy and warm. I really like it. Your advent calendar is fantastic! I love the colors. Fantastic paper snowflakes.
Avesthel~ I love the color you chose for the fingerless mitts.
Moonflame~  Fantastic collection of hexipuffs! I love the colors. Congrats on the HoH position! I Love your soaps. I bet they smell wonderful and they look delicious (not that I would eat them they just look so edible).I love the hanging snowflakes and am very glad that your cat feels such a strong urge to protect you, he must really like you guys Smiley
noodle-bug~ I really like your shield hat. It looks kind of like how I picture the shield charm in my head. All of the handkerchiefs you embroidered. My favorite is the dewy decimal system one. Your coffee cozy is fantastic! I love the stamp album. I really like your pastel sketchbook piece.
MamanTattoo ~ That unicorn seater is fantastic! It looks comfy and warm. I adore your mermaid watercolor, mother daughter crafts are so much fun. I love the mother daughter Yule cards. They are wonderful! The button wreath is very cute.
Nicajeanie~ Your perler bead snowflakes remind me of being a little kid. They are wonderfully charming.
coulsenl~ Good luck on your OWL. Have you started it yet? That is a fantastic looking dishcloth.
Linakins~ Your scarf is fantastic. I really hope it is received well. I am sure Hufflepuff is glad to have you. I'm a bit of a Slytherclaw myself, but when push comes to shove I chose Slytherin. Your golden box is charming I love how shiny it is.
Naantje~ What a wonderful sweater! I really like how the colors you chose go together. Your Doctor Who Mug is fantastic and I love all the string art!
vincentvanbuck~ Your alchemy OWL sounds wonderful! I can't what to see progress pics.
tiamatfie~ Those jammies are really cute.
FiberAlchemist~ That french toast looks fantastic.
rockmygypsysoul~ That OWL sounds fantastic!
pottermouth~ I love your sparkly pink tree. The unicorn ornaments are fantastic! Your Santa Tchotchke is charming. your hoopla is very festive. I like it a lot! I really like the color your chose for the Cowl/Headband.

Now to submit my first DA project I may be a little late in the game but better late than never, right?
Challenge: DA Fear of a Name
House:Slytheirn
Project Name: Knitted dishcloth
Project Page Link: none
Brief Description: A long time ago, my grandmother taught me how to knit. I made one really lumpy scarf that I wasn't very happy with I have recently (think the past year or so) been wanting to learn how to knit again (my grandmother only taught me the knit stitch) but have been a little intimidated by my memories of that first project. I finally decided that I was going to learn how to knit myself socks (I love socks and have a hard time finding colorful socks that fit me 'cuz I have big feet) and so I made this little dishcloth in stockinette stitch to get started. I had to frog it multiple times and changed needle sizes twice as well but I am fairly pleased with how it turned out.
Project Picture:

Annnd. today is Advanced Studies Friday
I have made some progress on my NEWT this week, I have to go through my second source for the third aett and then I will be done with the rune meanings (I think)

I am thinking about a Slytherin extra credit something but I haven't completely decided on it yet so stay tuned.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013 03:58:36 PM by DragonChilde » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Customize the Bridge Workspace in Adobe Bridge CS3
How to Setup Preferences and Color Management in Adobe Bridge CS3
How to Work With Adobe Bridge CS3
How to Save the Workspace Settings in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Change the Workspace Color in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...