A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,405
Currently Running With Scissors:
777 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 69764 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Linakins
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craft Hoarder

Will work for craft supplies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2013 04:46:47 AM »

Wow!!! Sooo many comments and warm welcomes! I think Im going to like it here! Imma just go down the line here so it might take a few. Sorry for the long post! XD

DragonChilde- Thank you very much ^_^ Under normal circumstances, I suppose I actually belong o your house, however I craft cute Huffley things (its the Slytherpuff in me) so I choose Huffle because I have so many house unity things to add to the pile XD

Headmistress Pinkleo- Im very excited to be here. Ive been watching this group since last semester, so I think Im catching on how things go. Id have played last sesmster, but my semester didn't allow time for crafting. I blame chemistry.

Noodle-bug, BadWolf314, and midkiffsjoy - Hello and thank you!

Naantje- That sweater is amazing! I looks so soft and he colors are very flattering on you. I dont know how to knit, but I doubt Id have the patience to make something like that!

Moonflame- Hello my HoH! Im really glad to be a part of your lovely house. I love our commons! The scarf isnt for a MiL its for my real mom. If I had a MiL as bad as my real mom, I hink Id curl up and die.

Your soap is great! XD Ive always wanted to make soap but havent ever tried because it looks complicated. Both batches look amazing and Im sure they smell awesome!

MamanTattoo- Hello and thanks for the welcome. Those water colored cards are sooo cute! I wish I had any talent in painting like that. I also love your unicorn head! Beautiful!

Vincentvanbuck- Good luck on your OWL!

WhistleFish- Hello! Thanks about my scarf. I wouldnt have thought to use that yarn that way either if I hadnt seen it done that way. I saw an example of the ruffled one hanging by this yarn before and I thought it was sort of silly looking. Like this thought I think it looks amazing!

I think thats it! I really should go finish up my other WiPs.

Time to fly like its Quidditch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft to preserve my sanity!

If you like my work and would be interested in a personal swap, please contact me!
Moonflame
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2013 04:51:35 AM »

MamanTattoo I LOVE your mother-daughter paintings.  Beautiful!  And such a wonderful idea, too. Smiley

Whistlefish  Thanks!  I'm still messing around with trying to get those pics bigger.  I found them on the Harry Potter Wiki.  They're apparently from a Playstation game.  I had to chuckle about your husband and the "delicious" soaps. If he took a bite, he wouldn't be the first. Grin  Just yesterday my daughter's carpool buddies (teenage boys) were talking about sampling them, LOL!

Linakins  Oh no!  It must be tough to have a mom who's so hard to please!  I guess I read that and inserted "-in-law" automatically. Roll Eyes  Well, she's GOT to love that scarf.  Seriously! Smiley  Hey!  I just saw your avatar. (It's AWESOME!) Would you believe that at Pottermore I was a Hatstall between Slytherin and Hufflepuff?  Could there be two more disparate houses? LOL!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013 04:54:17 AM by Moonflame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2013 06:25:49 AM »

WhistleFish: Congrats on facing your fears!  Your hooded scarf came out great. Cheesy

noodle-bug: I love the new hats.  They somehow remind me of soft-serve ice cream cone swirls.  I'm curious to see what they look like on a head....
Also, I'd love to send you a holiday postcard!  I think I still have a sheet of stamps from when I was sending international postcards on Postcrossing.com, and I certainly wouldn't be upset if I didn't get one in return.  

MamanTattoo: Your Unicorn Yule Sweater came out beautifully.

Linakins: Welcome to Hogwarts!  Congratulations on getting over your fears!  The scarf came out great. Smiley

Naantje: Congratulations on your sweater!  

Moonflame: Your hexipuffs knitted through various states got me thinking, how fun would it be to create a patchwork-ish afghan with one square representing each state?  Not like an image of the state, but more like using 50 different crochet or knitting square patterns, and picking out colors & yarns that somehow represent it.  I know exactly what I'd use for my home state of NH, dark green for the forests, varigated grey-black for the granite in our mountains, a tiny touch of white for the snow, and an accent of lilac purple for our state flower & bird, the purple lilac and the purple finch.  Smiley  After the years I spent living in Illinois I'd have to use the orange & blue of University of Illinois (where I went to grad school), with some touches of yellow for the cornfields...

Pinkleo, someday I'm going to have to get over my fear of doing those crazy intricate squares you did in the Hogwarts afghan and do something with this idea.

And your soaps look wonderful!  I wish I could smell the spearmint.  I bet it's heavenly.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013 06:26:52 AM by Mistress Jennie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2013 09:30:10 AM »

Congratulations noodle-bug!  You're the first person to master not just one spell with Harry, but three.  That also means you're the first to earn the Protego Badge AND the Protean Charm Badge AND the Reducto Badge!

Mmmm.... All the shiny new-badgey goodness....

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
Moonflame
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2013 11:29:59 AM »

Moonflame: Your hexipuffs knitted through various states got me thinking, how fun would it be to create a patchwork-ish afghan with one square representing each state?  Not like an image of the state, but more like using 50 different crochet or knitting square patterns, and picking out colors & yarns that somehow represent it.  I know exactly what I'd use for my home state of NH, dark green for the forests, varigated grey-black for the granite in our mountains, a tiny touch of white for the snow, and an accent of lilac purple for our state flower & bird, the purple lilac and the purple finch.  Smiley  After the years I spent living in Illinois I'd have to use the orange & blue of University of Illinois (where I went to grad school), with some touches of yellow for the cornfields...

OMG, what an EXCELLENT idea!  Now the wheels are turning.  I have to knit about 360 of these puffs if I want to do a whole quilt.  I love the states idea!  I might even expand to "places I've lived," or "places I've been," or even "places I love whether I've been there or not!" Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Linakins

Craft Hoarder

Will work for craft supplies!

« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2013 12:19:20 PM »

New Project!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: the Gilded Box
Project Page Link (if available): None, I made it up
Brief Description: So the project was to make something 100% gold, so I made a gold box. I got some pretty black and gold scrapbook paper (it's all I had) and brushed it down with the watered down green gold paint to give it a totally golden sheen which shows up pretty well in the photo on the right. I then cut it to size and glued it into the box with modge podge.

I painted a paper mache trunk with green gold paint from Martha Stewart. I then glued on the clasp. It's the first time I've done that on a box so it's a snug fit, you kinda have to push on the box a little to get it to open, but live and learn. I'll get it right next time. I think coated it in that Tom Holtz crackle paint in crystal to give it some texture, my photos don't show much of it, but I'm a crappy photographer Sad hen I covered the whole thing in a few layers of modge podge inside and out.

And there you have it, Golden Box!

Project Picture:

Moonflame: Yeah, she's a pain, but she's my mom so I try to be good and tolerate it. I can see how you could think she was my MiL since most people don't say this about their real mom even if she is a pain in the rear, luls.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft to preserve my sanity!

If you like my work and would be interested in a personal swap, please contact me!
tiamatfire
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2013 02:42:05 PM »

Great stuff guys!  I'm sorry I'm not able to comment on everyone's things - I've got a weird virus that's causing a bit of worry with the baby (long time in L&D yesterday but he's looking good so far.  Just stay in another 13 weeks OK bud?) but I did feel well enough to be up to make one project myself.

Class: Apparition
House: Gryffindor
Name: Parka jammies

We're starting a new Christmas Eve family tradition this year that's pretty common - we get to open new jammies and enjoy some treats with a Christmas movie.  I had gotten this really cute PJ top as a hand-me-down but it didn't come with bottoms.  I have some adorable flannel fabric that goes with it so I made jammie pants for my daughter!  My favourite thing about the far north (I think I might be one of the farthest north HPCers, so I had to go REALLY far up!) are the traditional parkas.  My Aunt and cousins lived in Yellowknife, and always had gorgeous traditional parkas for the winter, made by local Dene women.  The little girls On this fabric are all playing outside in their own traditional parkas (please ignore the penguins - I am well aware they are a SOUTHERN bird Cheesy).

The best part is my daughter's favourite dollies are the 3 Cabbage Patches I got her from second-hand stores, and one came with a pink parka (with real fur hood) like these girls, AND I have enough fabric to make her a matching nightgown for one of her "babies". 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2013 03:01:23 PM »

Where do you live, Tia?? I'm in Qubec, so I thought *I* was the northest.. Tongue
I LOVE parkas. My friend's twin lives in Iqualuit, and she makes the most wonderfull "real" parkas.
I love how you combine new tradition and hand-me-downs. We do pyg pants here too!! I love using sweater sleeve for that purpose Smiley

Hope the baby and mama is alright!!

Linakins, that's a lovely box (and my daugther would love it!) and (advice) first rule of good picture: turn off the flash and try taking your picture in natural light (by the window, usualy!) But your picture ain't that bad!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2013 05:47:20 PM »

I had a look a postal rates, and postcards aren't too pricey so I can send a few Cheesy yay! I'm going to join the card swap - I won't be able to send to many, but I can do a few. But please all know that I don't expect you all to post international to me Smiley

Jennie & Moonflame - that quilt idea is great - I love things like that, that have a story or meaning to them, where you wouldn't necessarily know; they are a real conversation piece. And if you decide to add in places you'd like to visit, you could include fictional places too Smiley

The hats I've been making are this pattern:
http://www.knitrowan.com/designs-and-patterns/patterns/slouchy-hat
It's free, but I think you have to sign up to their website (they don't spam you. Or at least, they haven't spammed me)

My mum brought me a smart phone for christmas last year (niiiice, right?! This is becasue she was appalled last November to discover that my old phone wouldn't show me the photos of her cat she sent. So she brought me a way lush samsung phone just to send me cat photos on)... and I discovered the best thing about smart phones; you can keep your knitting patterns on them! So, if you're me and you craft on your commute, you can always have it handy. Hurrah!

Ok. It's been a super busy crafting couple of days; I've been sat in a bazillion re-cast meetings, contributing nothing (I don 't even know why I have to go to them) but sewing a lot. So..... behold, the bounty...

First up, a couple of things from the Terry Prachett Swap
Challenge: DA Impediment
Ravenclaw Scavenger Hunt: Ribbon
House: Ravenclaw, of course!
Project: Klatchian Coffee Cozy
This linen coffee cozy is lined with 2 layers of felt; the first one will block the heat from the coffee from burning your hand, the second one will block the cold from outside chilling your coffee

The text is stamped on, and the coffee cup is embroidered in stem stitch - the eyelets are so it can be done up corset-style with a cotton tape ribbon, so it is adjustable size

Challenge: DA Disarming
House: Ravenclaw
Project: Stanley's Stamp Album
I disarmed some stamps by removing them from their envelopes Wink
Then I use the stamps, and some stencils (oh, and a couple of pins) to decorate this sketchbook

and... more hankies...

Challenge: DA - room of requirement (hell yeah I'm going for all 8. I'm a ravenclaw; I've got the 'over-achiever' box ticked on my birth certificate)
House: ravenclaw
Project:
Seriously, this girl blows her nose more often than any other human alive. handkerchiefs are very much needed.

Class: Potions
House: Over-achievers anonymous
project: hankie with fancy-pants font and verigated thread. Do not underestimate how long it took to draw these words out.

Class: HoM
House: Ravenclaw
Project: It beats buying more kleenex, right? saves money, saves trees Smiley
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013 05:51:38 PM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Moonflame
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2013 06:25:51 PM »

NoodlebugOoooh!  Places like Discworld?  Love your journal!  And that coffee sleeve is awesome!  The hankies are really lovely. Smiley

Linakins  That's an awesome box!  I love how shiny the gold paint is! 

tiamtfire  Those jammies turned out so cute!  I keep thinking that would be a neat tradition.  How cosy! 

tiamatfire's baby  Now you stay put, Young Man! Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Soft Chignon for Fine Hair
A Quick 5-Minute Updo
How to Create Nicole Richie’s Retro Ponytail Look
Get a Stylish Half-Up, Half-Down Hairstyle
How to Flat Iron Your Hair
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...