A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 299,157
Currently Running With Scissors:
576 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 87188 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Moonflame
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2013 06:12:58 PM »

Moonflame, I would love to see the soap mold you use. Have been wanting to try this art. Looks like you know your stuff. I have to research a bit more, first. But very interesting. And inspiring to know that others are doing this. And your boo boos are fun to hear about, too. Then I know that I can mess up until I learn.  Grin And all things don't always come out right the first time. Thank you for sharing. You build confidence in me to keep trying. Even if I "fudge".

~T

Ask, and ye shall receive! Cheesy  Here's what I use.  My lovely husband made several for me, so that when I go on soaping binges, I can have multiple batches in the works at once.  I line them with freezer paper, using this technique, which works great!  I'm a very impatient person, and usually unmould after 1 day. ^_^  

If you need dimensions, or would like the recipe I use, I'm more than happy to share.  I can try to help with any Qs, too. Smiley

This soap calculator is awesome!  
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013 06:16:09 PM by Moonflame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2013 06:47:42 PM »

~*Congratulations Moonflame*~
~*You are the first to earn the History of Magic Badge*~

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges. 

*Once revealed, a class badge can be found in the Badge Station.*

« Last Edit: December 03, 2013 06:48:59 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2013 06:48:44 PM »

~*Congratulations Moonflame*~
~*You are the first to earn the Potions Badge*~

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges. 

*Once revealed, a class badge can be found in the Badge Station.*

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2013 06:59:03 PM »

*o* *O* QUIDDITCH PIT *O* *o*

image crdits

Teams will play every two weeks. There will be a new challenge to show your support for every match. At the end of the 2 weeks I will count the points and declare the winning house.

FINAL RANKS:
1.Houfflepuff : 1200
2.Slytherin : 440
3.Gryffindor 350
4.Ravenclaw 120

Week 1&2: Slytherin : 150 vs. Houfflepuff : 300
For this first match of the season, players are nervous and easily distracted by supporters of the other teams. Show support to your favorite team by making a sign, card, poster, badge or ornaments of some kind and state which house team you support.
Gives 5pts to your supporting team.
BadWolf314 catches the snitch for the Slytherin team!
Acadian Driftwood catches the snitch for the Hufflpuff!
Moonflames catches the snitch for Hufflepuff!
Hufflepuff WINS!!

week 3&4&5: Gryffindor = 50 vs. Ravenclaw= 110 ! (ends Wenesday January 8th)
In a quidditch match, you simply have to give your all. In order to score or hit for this match, the supporteur must produce an item that is to be or has been gifted!
BadWolf314 catches a snitch for Ravenclaw!
DragonChilde sends 2 bludger agaisnt Ravenclaw and mark 2 goals for Gryffindor!
MamanTattoo sends a bludger to the Ravenclaw team!
MamanTattoo sends another bludger to the Ravenclaw team!
Mistress Jennie scores 3 goals for Gryffindor!
Erinaquaheart scores 2 goals for Gryffindor!
TechnicolorAquahearts sends 2 bludgers against Gryffindor and score 2 goals for Ravenclaw!
DragonChilde sends a bludger agaisnt Ravenclaw!
MamanTattoo hits a Ravenclaw player!
Ravenclaw WINS!

week 6&7:Ravenclaw:10 vs. Slytherin : 290 ends Sunday January 26th
What would be Quidditch without brooms? Seriously, it wouldn't be the same played on flaying rugs!! To hit or score for this match, you must turn in a craft that has to do with brooms...Any link to them is accepted. Your project is made out of wood or it fakes wood? Your craft item has to do with cleaning? Kitchen witches, Corndoll and removable swiffer rags also accepted. Have fun! Because in competition, the important is to participate, not to win!

Erinaquaheart scores for Slytherin!
Magpirate hits Slytherin and scores for Ravenclaw!
DragonChilde catches the snitch twice!
Sends a bludger at Slytherin!
Slytherin WINS!

week 8&9: Gryffindor : 300 vs. Houfflepuff : 900 ends Febuary 6
For this match you have to craft something that to do with a factor that can influence a match outcome greatly: The weather! So if you made yourself kick-ass gloves for the next practice or you've conjured a rice snake to put at your door's feet, you've got your points! Also accepted: Papper snowflakes, frozen wreath, frosted cupcakes.... Put on a warm hat and get some quaffle through those hoops!
Magpirate catches a first snitch for Hufflepuff!
ErinAquaheart scores for Hufflepuff!
Acadian Driftwood catches a snitch for Hufflepuff!
Moonflames catches a snitch for HufflePuff!
MamanTattoo catches a snitch for Gryffindor!
DragonChild hits Hufflepuff!
MamanTattoo catches another snitch for Gryffindor!
Moonflame catches yet another snitch for Hufflepuff!!
Moonflame does it again!
Dragonchilde hits Hufflepuff!
Nicajeanie  scores a goal and catches a snitch for Hufflepluff!  

Houfflepuff WINS!!

Slytherin : 1000 vs. Houfflepuff : 1360
Do you have what it takes to play in the finals?? For this challenge, you must use you stash only to create you items. Have fun!
Midkiffsjoy shows her support for the Hufflepuff team twice and goals for them 2 times!
And again.
Netchez Support Hufflepuff too!
MamanTattoo hits Hufflepuff twice!
BadWolf314 scores for Slytherin and hits Hufflepuff!
DragonChilde catches the snitch for Slytherin!
MamanTattoo hits Hufflepuff!
Badwulf314 scores two goals and hit the puffs twice
Badwolf314 catches a snitch and scores for the serpents and hits the puffs
Nicajean catches a snitch
Inselaeffchen scores twice for slytherin
Moonflame score for the puff
Acadiandriftwood goal for Hufflepuff and hirs slytherin
Badwolf314 scores for slytherin!
Nicajeanie catches a snitch, score thrice fir hufflepuff and hits slytherin!!!
Moonflame scores twice
Badwolf314 catches two snitches for slytherin!
Inselaeffchen hits hufflepuff!
Inselaeffchen scores for slytherin!
Moonflame scores
Moonflame catches the snitch again!
netchez catches a snitch for Hufflepuff!
BadWolf314 catches a snitch for Slytherin!
Moonflames catches a snitch for Hufflepuff!
Acadiandriftwood scores 2 goals
MamanTattoo scores 3 goals for Slytherin
Moonflames catcges 2 snitches for Hufflepuff!
AcadianDriftwood catches a snitch for Hufflepuff!
DragonChilde catches a snitch for Slytherin and score a goal

Houfflepuff WINS!!

complementary to this, anyone can catch the snitch each challenge by making something totally related to quidditch. Ex: like a knitted snitch hat, a team sweater or a quidditch field cake. It gives 150pts
The snitch can be caught multiple times during the match and does not end the game!

Anyone can mark a goal OR send a bludger by making a house-related item, of any house.
marking a goal gives 10pts to your supporting team, sending a bludger take off 10pts from the team you do not support.

Quidditch points do not count as house points. You can, however, submit them with another class and get the points from that class.

I'm working with the Head of House to make the finals match count, thought!

You choose your teams in the 2 that are matching up for the current week. A griffindor can support the slytherin team, even on the gryff vs. slyth weeks. Let's get flying! UP!

Flying: Flying is one of the primary methods of magical transportation.  But it is wise to be familiar with all types of magical transportation when a broom or carpet is not at hand.  One popular mode of transportation is by Floo Network. The Network connects most wizarding households and buildings. To travel by Floo Network, one must have Floo Powder.  Floo Powder is a glittery, silver powder used by witches and wizards to travel through the Floo Network. This powder was invented in the 13th century by Ignatia Wildsmith.  The powder turns a fireplace's flames harmless and emerald green. It is tricky to use; one must toss a handful of powder into a fireplace connected to the Floo Network, walk into the flames, and state the desired destination loudly and clearly to ensure arrival in the proper location. Otherwise, one could end up at the wrong location.  Transportation by Floo Powder is much quicker than by broomstick, but slower than Apparition. However, unlike Apparition, one does not require a license to use Floo Powder.  Show that you have mastered traveling by Floo Network by creating a project that is either glittery, silver like Floo Powder, emerald green like the flames, or a container that can hold your Floo Powder.  Make sure your project clearly shows your understanding so your points arrive to the right place.

Completed Flying Homework:
Naantje
Linakins
BadWolf314
Moonflame
Magpirate
Audania1
Avesthel
DragonChilde
MamanTattoo
coulseni
Jellybean89
ErinAquaHeart
FiberAlchimist
Pinkleo
Netchez
Rockmygypsysoul
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014 06:54:13 AM by MamanTattoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Mamaneedles
)O(

« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2013 07:13:16 PM »

Are you exited for some Quidditch?Huh?

midkiffsjoy: I only been knitting for 2 years. I was a crocheter first. There's so much tutorial out there on how to knit!! If you have a crafty mind, you can knit!

Naantje: A month!! You're awesome!! It took me some month to make the child one!!! And it turned out great and fits great too!

Moonflame: I don't make that much of sweater!! Just the owlet ones!!! ahah! And baby size at that. I think I know the pattern by heart now. Totally worth the money I paid for it!! .....And your soap!!! O_O I LOVE the blizzardy green one! It's perfect! I can smell it from here! I'm so jealous of people making soap. I feel like I can't have lye around with my kids being kids, so I only make M&P.

We made Yule cards today that fits at least one of the class Smiley I'll upload soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2013 07:27:00 PM »

Are you exited for some Quidditch?Huh?

You bet! Let's go SLYTHERIN! I will be mostly done with my muggle finals by the weekend and then will make a point to score some goals for slytheirn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
Mamaneedles
)O(

« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2013 08:07:25 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Charms
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Mother/daughter art : Snowmans!
Project Page Link : http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=429442.new#new
Brief Description: Since we tried watercolor we are hooked, and I wanted to try switching our drawings, so Mariann paints mine and I paint hers. I LOVE how they came out. It's my new happy thing to do right now!
Project Picture:

and: OWL progress! I'm happy to say that I'm more then halfway throught my owl. I now have 7 drawings completed I think, here's latest wip:

« Last Edit: December 03, 2013 08:21:05 PM by MamanTattoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2013 08:45:00 PM »

ohmahGAWSH, so much going on so early in the semester!  I feel like I'm eating dust already.

I have NOTHING crafted yet for this semester, but I'd like to propose my very first OWL.

OWL Subject & Option: Alchemy, Option 2
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name:
Four Elements Embroidered Hooplas
Brief Description: Before joining Craftster (aka Crafting Hogwarts), I had only been exposed to cross-stitch.  I had no idea there was a whole plethora of "free-hand" embroidery stitches, and the projects I've seen people post here are incredible.  So, I would like to explore and learn more about the many different kinds of stitches.

The plan is to embroider four hooplas, each representing a different alchemical element.  The hooplas will be a visual representation of their respective elements, and the plan is *tentatively* to use one kind of stitch exclusively for each hoopla.  Ideally, the chosen stitch would be characteristic of its element (something "light" for Air, "flowing" for Water... perhaps the solid French knot for Earth), but I will have to determine whether or not this is feasible once I have begun researching.

I am sure this will take me most of the semester, but here is my initial timeline:

Week 1: Research various embroidery stitches.  Begin practicing the various stitches.  Plot out design for "Air" hoopla.
Week 2: Stitch up "Air", plot out design for "Water".
Week 3: Stitch up "Water", plot out design for "Fire".
Week 4: Stitch up "Fire", plot out "Earth".
Week 5: Stitch up "Earth" hoopla.

If nothing else, I will hopefully make more progress on this than my Research Project from the Fall Nerd Games... that is currently sitting at a completion rate of 0%.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013 08:46:13 PM by vincentvanbuck » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
  • Yet Another TM Patch Swap R. 3
  • Christmas Stocking Swap R. 10
  • October ATC (organizer)
  • November ATC (organizer)

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
WhistleFish
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2013 09:10:04 PM »

This thread exploded with like 3-4 more pages today! I love it.
A couple things...
1. I am THRILLED that people are excited for the card exchange! I have to start picking out my cards! So far we have seven people signed up.
2. Yay for quidditch!
3. Gryffindor Tower & History of Magic have been updated with projects.
4. I need to catch up on comments...

@Nicajeanie: Beautiful snowflakes! Are they glow-in-the-dark too?

@Moonflame: Congrats fellow Head of House! Hufflepuff will be glad to have you! I love the Hufflepuff Common Room pictures...I don't think I've ever seen any before. How neat. And once I got to the picture of your soaps my husband looked over my shoulder, saw the pink and white soaps and asked, "What is that?! It looks delicious!" Hahaha.

@coulsenl: Good luck on your OWL! I can't wait to see the colors!

@noodle-bug: I'll keep you updated. So far we have Americans and a Canadian. I love the hankerchiefs! Especially the dewey decimal one! So creative!

@Linakins: Welcome!!! Yay first years! I love the scarf...I've seen those chained ones as infinity scarves and always thought they were neat. I would never think to use that yarn though. I've only seen it used on those swirly scarves (which I really don't care for much) if I would have seen this sooner I would have bought some that I saw on sale for Black Friday!

@Naantje: I'll keep you in mind if I see any european addresses come in. Smiley It's so neat that we have other HPCers in far off lands. And I absolutely LOVE your sweater!!! It turned out so good!!! I bet it probably took a good while though.

@Inselaeffchen: Welcome back! Also, congrats on Pinterest Pixie. I'll have to add the board! Also, I hope we have a couple other UK HPCer's come forward and you guys could all do your own exchange too. Smiley

@MamanTattoo: So much quidditch awesomeness! I only hope I have time to participate! Also, I am in love with your watercolor collaboration. Makes me itch to get my watercolors out (maybe for Quidditch practice!). They also remind me of this mother/daughter collaboration I saw online.

EDIT: I just found another article about a different parent/child art collaboration. So freaking awesome. I can't wait until Luna is able to draw!

@vincentvanbuck: Welcome back and good luck on your OWL! I can't wait to see it.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2013 11:46:54 AM by WhistleFish » THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2013 03:13:30 AM »

the mother-daughter artwork is just beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Easy Logos
How to Create 3D Logo Text in Photoshop
How to Create Poster text in Photoshop
How to Create a Zoom Camera Effect in Photoshop
How to Add a tearing Effect to Your Image in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...