A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 299,155
Currently Running With Scissors:
376 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 87165 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2013 08:15:56 AM »

A new semester!!! Im super excited! If you need any help with Transfiguration or Study of Ancient Runes, Im the professor to get ahold of!

WhistleFish The scarf turned out awesome and the advent calendar is adorable! What a brilliant idea for the card exchange!!!
Avesthel The mitts turned out fantastic!
Moonflame Your Hexis are always so adorable, and what a great way to keep kitties busy!
noodle-bug I love the colors of your hat and it looks nice and warm, just in time for the winter! Those handkerchiefs are going to be awesome presents!
MamanTattoo The sweater is adorable! And your watercolors turned out lovely!
Nicajeanie I have the same problem with work too! Wink Your snowflakes look awesome!
Linakins Welcome to Hogwarts!!! The scarf turned out amazing!!! I love the colors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2013 08:35:23 AM »

Whitlefish- I love your hat and scarf!!!  It's so vintage inspired!!!  I had one a lot like it when I was just a tiny thing.  Smiley I love your advent calendar.  I wantted to make one this year and havent yet.  Yours is just BRIGHT and cheerful!!! Smiley

Avesthel- I like you fingerless mitts.  They look warm. Smiley

Moonflame- Oh I like your hexipuffs!  They look fun.  Smiley  (Your knitted stitches are so nice and tight!!!  So yummy looking, : )  What fun for the kitties.  Smiley  YAY!!!!  Thank you very much for being our HoH!!!! Smiley

noodle-bug- Your scrunchie hat looks warm.  VERY well done!!! Cheesy I really like your handkerchiefs!!!  I've always loved hand stitched handkerchiefs and havent had time to make any.  I LOVE your slanted script!!!  I've been teaching the kids cursive and practicing a heavily slanted Victorian script along with them.  Getting that slant is HARD!!!  I keep writing straight up and down.  lol

Maman Tattoo- I love your unicorn sweater.  I dont think Ill ever be able to make a crocheted sweater that looks as nice as a knitted one.  I may have to break down and relearn.  Smiley  (It'll be YEARS before I can make anything so nice as THAT sweater!!!! : ) AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW  Ok, that's awesome that your daughter painted with you. Smiley  They are both totally fridge worthy.  Smiley

Nicajeanie- I like your snowflakes!  You inspired us to buy a boatload of perler beads, and the kids have been making up a storm!!! Smiley

Linakins- WELCOME TO HUFFLEPUFF!!!!! Cheesy  Cute scarf!!! Cheesy

Pinkleo- I didnt see everything there at the end of the last semester but I just had to say how much I LOVED your bells and your tree skirt KNOCKED ME OFF MY FEET!!! Cheesy  They were just AWESOME!!! Smiley

I'm SO excited about this semester and the card exchange!!!!  I would LOVE to send out cards!!!  (even to noodle-bug : )  The sun is shining bright here so I wont really get to start crafting until the rain hits Thursday, but Ive started on my crocheting between my sleep cycles at night. Smiley  SOME classes I know EXACTLY what I want to make..................... and some Im just so confused about as can be.  Lol  Maybe something will hit me.  (Im trying to figure out how to work doll making into a class somewhere.  Rofl )  GLAD TO SEE EVERYONE THIS SEMESTER!!!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
Naantje
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2013 12:26:03 PM »

Class: Study of Ancient Runes
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Two-toned purple Corona
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=429434
Brief Description:
Wunjo stands for Joy and Accomplishment, and I've captured that in the Corona sweater I just finished today. This sweater was exactly one month in the making, as I started knitting on November 3rd and finished it today. I started knitting it because the sweaters on offer in the stores around here were making me feel depressed and hopeless. Truly, I do not look attractive in a shapeless, oversized, zebra-striped lurex sweater! If this was what was on offer, I would put something better out there and knit my own sweater! It was a big undertaking for me, one that required learning several new skills (Kitchener stitch, knitting cables, intarsia) and I'd never before had to join pieces together! Finishing the sweater felt like a huge accomplishment. I started with some balls of yarn, and one month later, I've got an amazing sweater! Unfortunately, it turned out a size or two too big, so I'll be gifting it to a friend for Christmas, spreading the joy of handmade, individual clothing. And when I start knitting it again in a size smaller, I'll be sure to make it an OWL project Tongue Holiday crafting takes precedence though!
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2013 12:45:31 PM »

great colours on the sweater, really well done - I'm in awe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2013 02:31:48 PM »

~*Pinterest Pixie Inselaeffchen is happy to announce that our HPC Winter 13/14 Pinterest Board is now open.  Stop by anytime to check out HPCers crafty magic.*~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2013 02:34:09 PM »

~*Congratulations Naantje *~
~*You are the first to earn the Study of Ancient Runes Badge*~

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges. 

*Once revealed, a class badge can be found in the Badge Station.*

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2013 02:41:04 PM »

Pinkleo- I didnt see everything there at the end of the last semester but I just had to say how much I LOVED your bells and your tree skirt KNOCKED ME OFF MY FEET!!! Cheesy  They were just AWESOME!!! Smiley

SOME classes I know EXACTLY what I want to make..................... and some Im just so confused about as can be.  Lol  Maybe something will hit me.  (Im trying to figure out how to work doll making into a class somewhere.  Rofl ) 
awwwwww... Thank you! Kiss 
I have to say that I'm lovin' my tree skirt; crafty goodness makes everything extra cozy & homey. Grin

Remember that your description can go a LONG way to making something fit a prompt.  And if you need any help with classes, don't hesitate in PMing me or your professors. We are here to help. Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moonflame
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2013 04:20:02 PM »

Welcome to the Hufflepuff Basement!!
"It is round and earthy and low-ceilinged; it always feels sunny, and its circular windows have a view of rippling grass and dandelions. There is a lot of burnished copper about the place, and many plants, which either hang from the ceiling or sit on the windowsills. . . Our overstuffed sofas and chairs are upholstered in yellow and black, and our dormitories are reached through round doors in the walls of the common room. Copper lamps cast a warm light over our four-posters, all of which are covered in patchwork quilts, and copper bed warmers hang on the walls, should you have cold feet." ~Gabriel Truman, Hufflepuff Prefect

Completed Classes

Alchemy: Linakins, Moonflame, Acadian Driftwood

Apparition: felicitybaby, Acadian Driftwood, Moonflame, midkiffsjoy

Arithmancy: Nicajeanie, Linakins, Moonflame, Adcadian Driftwood

Astronomy: midkiffsjoy, Moonflame, Acadian Driftwood

Care of Magical Creatures: Moonflame, Linakins, Felicitybaby, blupaisan

Charms: Nicajeanie, Moonflame, Linakins, midkiffsjoy, Acadian Driftwood

Defence Against the Dark Arts: Moonflame, Acadian Driftwood, Felicitybaby, midkiffsjoy, blupaisan, Nicajeanie

Divination: Nicajeanie, Felicitybaby, Moonflame, midkiffsjoy

Flying: Linakins, Acadian Driftwood, Moonflame

Herbology: Linakins, Nicajeanie, felicitybaby, midkiffsjoy, Acadian Driftwood, Blupaisan, Moonflame

History of Magic: Moonflame, Linakins, Acadian Driftwood, midkiffsjoy, Blupaisan

Muggle Studies: Acadian Driftwood, Moonflame, Blupaisan

Potions: Moonflame, Acadian Driftwood, Felicitybaby, Nicajeanie

Study of Ancient Runes: Nicajeanie, Moonflame, Acadian Driftwood, Midkiffsjoy

Transfiguration: Nicajeanie, blupaisan, Moonflame, Acadian Driftwood

Completed Challenges

Dumbledore's Army:

Fear of a Name: Linakins, Midkiffsjoy

Have a Drink in the Hog's Head: Linakins

Sign the Parchment: Moonflame, Acadian Driftwood, Linakins

Lessons With Harry:

#1 - Disarming:

#2 - Impediment Jinx: Acadian Driftwood, Moonflame

#3 - Reductor Curse: Nicajeanie, Moonflame, Acadian Driftwood

#4 - Stunning Spell: Moonflame, Nicajeanie

#5 - Shield Charm: Moonflame, Acadian Driftwood, Nicajeanie

#6 - Protean Charm: Acadian Driftwood

#7 - Fred and George Fight Back:

#8 - Help the Room of Requirement: Moonflame, Nicajeanie, Acadian Driftwood

Quidditch

Catching the Snitch: Acadian Driftwood, Moonflame, Moonflame, Nicajeanie, Nicajeanie, Nicajeanie, Acadian Driftwood, Acadian Driftwood

Making a Goal: Acadian Driftwood, Nicajeanie, Midkiffsjoy, Acadian Driftwood, Acadian Driftwood, Nicajeanie, Acadian Driftwood

Bludger: Acadian Driftwood, Nicajeanie

Detention

December: felicitybaby, Linakins, Moonflame, Acadian Driftwood

February: Acadian Driftwood

Bertie Bott's

Cranberry: midkiffsjoy, Acadian Driftwood

Gravy: Moonflame, Acadian Driftwood, Nicajeanie, Felicitybaby, midkiffsjoy

Peppermint: Nicajeanie, Acadian Driftwood, midkiffsjoy

Coffee: Moonflame, Blupaisan, Midkiffsjoy

Tomato: Acadian Driftwood, Blupaisan, Midkiffsjoy

New Year's Resolution

blupaisan, Acadian Driftwood, Nicajeanie

Valentine's Tea Party

Nicajeanie, Acadian Driftwood
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014 07:56:16 PM by Moonflame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Moonflame
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2013 04:35:36 PM »

Pinkleo I think you're right about the hexipox!  

Oh!  Your bells and tree skirt!  Wow!  So inspiring!!

MamanTattoo  I love that sweater!  You really make a lot of sweaters.  I'm in awe! Shocked  Your watercolour mermaid is sooo sweet. Smiley  And it looks like another little artist is getting ready to join us soon. Wink

NicaJeanie  I <3 your snowflakes.  We're feeling "flaky" here, too, and have been working on paper snowflakes.  Yours are much more durable, though.  What a cool idea!

Noodlebug  Those hankies are lovely!  Just beautiful!

Linakins  Welcome to Hogwarts, and a big, friendly welcome to Hufflepuff House!  We're thrilled to have you! Smiley  

Your scarf turned out just lovely!  Your MIL is sure to love it! Smiley

Naantje  OMG, I love that sweater!  Beautiful job!

WHEW! I've been working hard on our homework, and I have 2 classes to post!!  

Class: History of Magic
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Blizzard Bars
Project Description: This is the first batch of soap I've made in nearly a year, and my skills were definitely a tad rusty!  I soaped this batch at a higher temp than I normally do (about 120-125 degrees) and it traced REALLY FAST!  I believe the spearmint oil I added accelerated trace as well, so by the time I was ready to pour (after adding the green for swirling) it was LUMPY - a bit like snowdrifts, actually, and beginning to pile up at a blizzard's pace. Wink  However, this made for a really nice, rustic top, and cool "bubbles" of natural soap amongst the green.  I used both spearmint and "mineral salt spa" scents in this batch, and I really like how it smells!
Project Pic:

and the blizzard continued. . .

Class: Potions
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Cranberry Concoction
Project Description: After the blizzard, I was back in the swing of things.  Also, this batch came in at a lower temp because I was better prepared (ie, didn't forget to turn off the fire under my cauldron of oils. Tongue)  This required lots of precise measuring, temp taking, and careful stirring, but it came together very nicely.  It also helped that I remembered (and had time!) to add the red mica powder to some olive oil before blending with a small amount of the soap batter.  I really like how the swirl worked out on this batch.  I think Sna- er Professor Snape will be pleased with my results.  The fragrance oil I used is called Cranberry Sweet.  It's a nice Yule-time fragrance. Smiley
Project Pic:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013 04:54:36 PM by Moonflame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
stillatthetop
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2013 05:42:10 PM »

Moonflame, I would love to see the soap mold you use. Have been wanting to try this art. Looks like you know your stuff. I have to research a bit more, first. But very interesting. And inspiring to know that others are doing this. And your boo boos are fun to hear about, too. Then I know that I can mess up until I learn.  Grin And all things don't always come out right the first time. Thank you for sharing. You build confidence in me to keep trying. Even if I "fudge".

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Basic Supplies for Face Painting
How to Face Paint a Christmas Tree Tattoo
How to Create a Collage for Your Face Painting Work
How to Load Your Face Paint Brush
How to Use Glitter in Face Painting
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...