A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,585
Currently Running With Scissors:
746 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 72127 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« on: November 30, 2013 12:19:56 PM »

~Harry Potter Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~

~*Began December 1, 2013*~
~*Ended February 28, 2014*~

The Winter Semester lasted 90 days.
34 Students were enrolled at Hogwarts.
634 Projects were Posted!!
That is an amazing average of around 7 projects a day and 18 projects per student!

Welcome to Hogwarts!
The Harry Potter Craftalong (HPC) is not your typical craftalong; we are gathered here to celebrate our love of crafting and the Wonderful World of Harry Potter.  In the HPC you will be completing classes and challenges with your skills in crafty magic.  These classes and challenges all have HP centered themes, but your crafts do not have to be “Harry Potter."  Your mission, as a student at Hogwarts, is to complete at least one class or challenge during this semester.  You may join any time during the semester.  I hope you join us; the HPC is a great way to stretch your crafty muscles, meet HP crafters, and have fun!

~*HPC PROJECTS*~
---The HPC is here to help us each finish projects and to explore new challenges as we better our crafting skills.  Prompts and guidelines are there to help stimulate creativity and growth; the size and complexity of the project submitted should reflect a level of personal growth and challenge over the time you spend in the HPC.
---Projects for the HPC should represent your best crafty skills.  Take pride in your work.  Classes and challenges should take a minimum of 30 minutes to make. 
---A project can only be submitted for one class/challenge (the same project cannot be entered in multiple categories) unless noted in prompt (it will be CLEARLY noted if allowed).
---Projects must be turned in within the timeframe designated by the type of assignment or challenge.
---For a project to be counted, it must have a picture or picture link included.  If your item is a private piece, you may submit a picture link to one of the headmistresses.
---There is SO MUCH to do in the HPC.  Do not feel like you have to craft everything.  Think of the HPC as a "Choose Your Own Adventure".  Craft what inspires you, but don't try to do everything and get burned out.  Keep in mind these wise words , "It does not do to dwell on lists and forget to craft." 

~*HOW TO TURN IN A PROJECT*~
For each assignment/challenge, use this header:
Class/Challenge/House Pride:
SPEW: (If your item is for charity, enter that here; if not leave blank or add n/a.)
House:
Project Name:
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.)
Project Picture:
Feel free to also include your house and any storycrafting you've created for your project.
---You can add more than one project to your post, but a header must be used for each project.

~*HPC FAQs*~
---How long is a semester?  Semesters are as follows: WINTER- December, January, February; SPRING-March, April, May; SUMMER-June, July, August; FALL-September, October, November.
---When can I join?  You can join anytime in the semester.
---Do I have to sign-up to join this craftalong? No, all you have to do is post in the thread a hi or completed project post.
---How do I complete a semester/earn my year? To complete a semester/year, you only have to complete one class or challenge during the semester.
---What timezone do we use?  We use Headmistress pinkleo's Central Timezone (Texas time).
---Do you sort me?  NO, you will decide which house you belong to, but you can only choose one.
---I have a problem or question; who can I ask?  You can send a Personal Message (PM) to Headmistresses Mistress Jennie AND pinkleo.  You can also ask specific questions to HPC staff.  And you can post your question in the thread; our students are very helpful!
---Can I turn in something I did earlier? With a very few exceptions the answer is NO!  You must complete your project during the current semester. Exceptions are Detention and OWLs; look for details about these projects in their information posts.
---Are we swapping? No, this is not an organized swap.  We are just encouraging crafting with a HP twist.  But if you enjoy swapping, keep an eye out for HP themed swap info in our thread.
---Do I have to craft all the classes and challenges? NO, you pick what you inspires you.  There is tons to choose from so choose your own HP Craft Adventure through the castle.
---What kind of projects are allowed for classes/challenges? If Craftster has a category for it, then it is a viable HPC project.  And since Craftster has a board for almost everything, your choices are vast.
---Does my craft project have to be Harry Potter themed? NO, if your item fulfills the class/challenge prompt, then it can be posted in the HPC.  Above all, we are here to encourage crafting.

~*House Points*~
~*Your triumphs will earn you points*~
Points System
15 points for a Class Assignment & Challenge*
100 points for OWLs
150 points for NEWTs
10 points extra for SPEW aka Charity Items

House Points Guidelines
--- *You cannot double dip for Class & Challenge points.  For example, if you turn-in a project for Herbology & Geminio, then you would get 2 badges but only 15 points for the project.
---You cannot get credit for a class or challenge twice.  For example, if you turn in 2 Alchemy projects, then you will only get points for the first one.
--- SPEW points are extra credit.  You can earn SPEW points for each project you turn in if it goes to charity.  You do not have to give the charity's name, just that you are donating to a certain cause.  (I happen to know that some Battered Women's Shelters don't like their names/locations posted.) SPEW projects must be clearly marked with SPEW to earn extra points.  I suggest adding it to your header.  Also, SPEW project can be turned in as stand-alone projects; they will earn 10 points.  Unlike most projects, you can turn in more than one SPEW project for points.
---HPC Challenge Points do not include House Challenges.  For Example, a Gryffindor Lion-along project would not count for points unless it also fulfills a HPC Class or HPC Challenge.
--- To determine House Cup Winner, an average from the points accumulated per house and the number of members per house.  If there is a tie, then more than one house will win the cup.  Note, a House Member is someone who has turned in at least 1 project.
--- Don't stress over House Points, but do craft your personal best. (This varies from person to person.  And I'm not really worried about "crafting your best" bit because HPCers are amazing crafters!)

~*HPC Portkeys*~
Headmistress Tower
Deputy Headmistress' Office
Diagon Alley
Badge Station
Witch/Wizard of the Week
Room of Requirement
Daily Prophet
Berite Bott's Every Flavour Bean Grab Bag
Hogwarts Kitchen
SPEW Bulletin Board
Seventh Years' Bulletin Board
Team Dobby Clubhouse
Pinterest Pixie's Projects Page
Quidditch Pitch

House Keys
Gryffindor Tower
Hufflepuff Den
Ravenclaw Tower
Slytherin Dungeon

Professors' Classrooms
Detention in the Dungeons
Apparition
Charms
DADA
Divination
Dungeon 5 Potions
Herbology Greenhouse
History of Magic
Muggle Studies
Study of Ancient Runes
Transfiguration
Wizarding Tests Exam Room

~*The Great Hall OT Chat*~
Craftster craftalongs are for crafting and crafting encouragement.  If you would like to talk off-topic, such as in-depth Harry Potter discussions, then please visit The Great Hall.  Thank you for keeping the HPC within Craftster guidelines.

~*Winter HPC Staff*~
Headmistress pinkleo
Deputy Headmistress Mistress Jennie

Gryffindor Head of House WhistleFish
Hufflepuff Head of House Moonflame
Ravenclaw Head of House FiberAlchemist
Slytherin Head of House DragonChilde

SPEW President Ant Bee
Team Dobby Captain noodle-bug

Alchemy Professor OPEN
Apparition & Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor noodle-bug
Arithmancy Professor OPEN
Astronomy Professor OPEN
Care of Magical Creatures Professor ErinAquaheart
Charms & Herbology Professor tiamatfire
Divination Professor coulsenl
Flying Professor MamanTattoo
History of Magic & Muggle Studies Professor WhistleFish
Potions Professor FiberAlchemist
Study of Ancient Runes & Transfiguration Professor BadWolf314

Kitchen Elf coulsenl

Badge Baronesses pinkleo, Mistress Jennie, FiberAlchemist
Pinterest Pixie Inselaeffchen
Spreadsheet Sorceress Mistress Jennie
Math Magician pinkleo

~*Members of Slug Club This Term*~
BadWolf314, DragonChilde, jellybean89, Magpirate, midkiffsjoy, Mistress Jennie, Moonflame, netchez, Nicajeanie, noodle-bug, pinkleo, pottermouth, rockmygypsysoul, tiamatfire, WhistleFish

~*Past HPC Semesters*~
Summer 2012, Fall 2012, Winter 2012/2013, Spring 2013, Summer 2013, Fall 2013

~*Previous Winner of House Cup*~
Winter 2012/2013: Gryffindor
Spring 2013: Gryffindor
Summer 2013: Gryffindor
Fall 2013: Gryffindor

~*Previous Winner of Quidditch Cup*~
Summer 2012: Gryffindor
Summer 2013: Gryffindor

~*I want to express my gratitude to the HPKCHC on Ravelry which was the inspiration point for the craftalong.*~
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014 09:54:34 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013 12:24:54 PM »

~*Current Challenges*~
Join Dumbledores' Army: Lessons with Harry are now available
Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans: Be warned, bean flavor changes every 2 weeks.
Detention in the Dungeons: Semester long challenge with new challenges each month.

~*House Pride & House Unity*~
You can turn in as many House Pride or House Unity projects as you wish.  These are projects inspired by one of the Hogwarts Houses.  House Pride would be projects representing your house, and House Unity would be projects representing the other houses or a combination of houses.  They can be inspired by house colors, mascots, founders, heads, past members, house ghosts, etc.  Note you will get House Points on only 1 House Pride and 1 House Unity project per semester.

~*Winter Classes*~
---Alchemy:: This semester we are continuing our studies of alchemy symbols.  Ponder the image of the green lion eating the sun. On a chemical level this is a metaphor for when a green, liquid sulfate called “vitriol” purifies matter, leaving behind the gold within the matter. Very pure vitriol is an acid that eats through practically anything, except gold.  Show your mastery of this stage of purification by either producing a green lion, something entirely gold in color, or anything 100% pure (i.e. 100% cotton).

---Apparition:  When apparating, it's important to know which direction you will be traveling in. For this term, we will be traveling north; how far north your journey goes is up to you - all the way to the pole, or to the northern edge of the Hogwarts grounds? Maybe to the town just north of yours. Once you have apparated there and back again, craft something inspired by what you saw.

---Arithmancy:: :::You head to Classroom 7A, fully expecting yet another term of Professor Vector's strict number projects.  To your surprise, you see a thin, tall man standing near the blackboard.  As everyone settles in their chairs, he speaks.:::  "Welcome to Winter Arithmancy!  I am Professor Lilthe.  As many of you know Professor Vector is taking this term off to help the Curse Breakers in Egypt as they explore the ancient cemetery of Abusir, so I shall be your Arithmancy teacher this Winter.  This term I want you to think of Arthimancy as something you apply to everyday life.  Without even knowing it, you are Arithmancers.  So close your eyes and think of a number, it could be your lucky number or the number of steps it takes you to get to your bed.  Whatever the number is, use your crafty magic to create your project.  Make sure to reveal your number and its significance to you when your turn in your homework."

---Astronomy: "I think you must have misheard Professor Sinistra, Europa's covered in ice, not mice." Europa is one of Jupiter's moons.  Its surface is composed of water ice and is one of the smoothest in the Solar System.  Europa was discovered in 1610 by Galileo Galilei and is named after a mythical Phoenician noblewoman, Europa, who was courted by Zeus and became the queen of Crete.  Show that you paid attention in Astronomy class, and create a project inspired by Europa.  Make sure your inspiration is clearly stated in your turn-in.  Also, for those unfortunate students who misheard Professor Sinistra, you are in luck; she happens to adore mice.

---Care of Magical Creatures (CoMC): Unicorn - Ministry of Magic Classification: XXXX - Status: Beast - Unicorn foals are born pure gold in color. They remain so until they are about two years old, at which time they turn silver in color. At around four-years-old their horn grows in. They are fully grown at seven years old, at which they turn a shade of pure white that is so bright that it makes freshly fallen snow look grey in comparison. Their hooves are golden, (remaining so from their gold stage), and their blood is silver-blue in color and shines under the moonlight.  Unicorns inhabit the forests of Europe, including the Forbidden Forest by Hogwarts.   Various parts of the Unicorn - the horn and tail hair in particular - are used in potions. Unicorn hair in general is used for the cores of wands. The tail hair can also be used as binding in bandages due to its incredible strength. The blood of a unicorn can be used to keep a person who is near death alive, but "you will have but a half-life, a cursed life, from the moment the blood touches your lips."  Study unicorns, and use your crafty magic to create something to show your knowledge of this creature.  You may focus on the unicorn as a whole or a specific part or stage of the unicorn.

---Charms: Professor Flitwick has just asked the class to step outside - although it is very cold outside no snow as fallen yet.  "I have a special trick to show you!" he says.  "Now that we have all become proficient in the Aguamenti charm, we can use the cold weather to do something new with it.  Point your wand up and away from everyone else, and cast the charm!"  As the whole class casts the charm, instead of jets of water, streams of snowflakes appear!  Cast the Aguamenti charm and have your craft include snowflakes, snow, or something else white and sparkly.

---Defence Against the Dark Arts (DADA): Often the first line of defense in battle,both magical and muggle, are the walls surrounding the building or grounds. However, practical defensive walls or magical barriers are often rather dull to live and work within between battles. Craft something to decorate a boring wall!

---Divination: :::As you enter the classroom, you are taken aback.  Webs are everywhere, and innumerous spiders have made themselves at home.:::  Don't fret dear students.  This Winter Term we are going to study Arachnomancy, the art of divining the future by intrepreting the patterns and behaviors of spiders.  Arachnomancers use spiders in different ways. Some study their webs to divine the future.  One example is the capturing of spiders in small boxes to see what type of web they would spin during the night; a thick web is a good omen.  Others use the position of their legs to foretell events.  For example, a spider with its legs bent inward is a bad omen.  Others use the appearance of spiders in their lives to divine events, such as finding a spider in your clothes means money or a letter is headed your way.  Walk around the classroom and observe the spiders.  Use them to create a project to display your understanding of Arachnomancy.  Your project may be a spider, something reflecting a spider's web, or a prophecy you received from observing your spider.

---Flying: Flying is one of the primary methods of magical transportation.  But it is wise to be familiar with all types of magical transportation when a broom or carpet is not at hand.  One popular mode of transportation is by Floo Network. The Network connects most wizarding households and buildings. To travel by Floo Network, one must have Floo Powder.  Floo Powder is a glittery, silver powder used by witches and wizards to travel through the Floo Network. This powder was invented in the 13th century by Ignatia Wildsmith.  The powder turns a fireplace's flames harmless and emerald green. It is tricky to use; one must toss a handful of powder into a fireplace connected to the Floo Network, walk into the flames, and state the desired destination loudly and clearly to ensure arrival in the proper location. Otherwise, one could end up at the wrong location.  Transportation by Floo Powder is much quicker than by broomstick, but slower than Apparition. However, unlike Apparition, one does not require a license to use Floo Powder.  Show that you have mastered traveling by Floo Network by creating a project that is either glittery, silver like Floo Powder, emerald green like the flames, or a container that can hold your Floo Powder.  Make sure your project clearly shows your understanding so your points arrive to the right place.

---Herbology: This semester we will be studying the properties of the plant Holly.  As you may know, holly is the plant the famous wizard Harry Potter had as his wand.  It is also used to celebrate the Yuletide season, in part because it's enduring green leaves and red berries symbolized continuing life and prosperity.  Ancient druids even wore crowns of holly on their heads!  To celebrate this festive plant your craft must include both the colors red and green.

---History of Magic (HoM):  This Winter, we are studying the Soap Blizzard of 1378.  This was a blizzard of soap that occurred sometime in 1378. This blizzard was followed by a burst of the wizarding economic bubble.  You may research this historical event by one of two paths.  You may research the blizzard of soap; if you choose this path, you must create something that uses (or is) soap.  Or you may research the burst of the economic bubble and create something that will help you save money during such tough economic times.

---Muggle Studies (MS):  Get ready students because this semester we are going to learn to cook the muggle way.  Everyone will find a copy of "Cooking the Muggle Way" by Professor Mordicus Egg at their desk.  Please peruse this book and find a recipe you would like to attempt.  Note, you may not use ANY magic whilst preparing your recipe.  Now for those of you not familiar with muggle cooking, I suggest you arm yourself with potholders, oven mitts, and burn salve.  To show you've experienced the art of muggle cooking, present either your successful dish along with full recipe or something that you used to protect yourself while attempting a muggle recipe, like potholders or aprons.  Best of luck!

---Potions:  Brewing potions can be tricky business.  It takes thorough knowledge of the "recipe",  accurate measuring, precise cutting and full attention while heating.  To show your understanding of the intricacy of brewing potions craft something from a detailed pattern, something that requires accurate measuring and/or cutting or something that must be "brewed" under a watchful eye.

---Study of Ancient Runes (SoAR): Wunjo - Joy, Hope, and Harmony. Wunjo is the rune of joy and of accomplishment. It wards off woe and sorrow so that the abundant gifts of the multiverse have no trouble bestowing themselves upon you. In Wunjo we find harmonious energies characteristic in functional families, group affiliations, healthy societies and nations and ultimately, the world. For your assignment, you must craft something that captures the joy and hope of Wunjo

---Transfiguration: Human to Toads - Fairy Tales The ability to transform a human into an animal of some sort is quite difficult. But when these spells are successful, the Muggles sometimes take notice. They have even concocted many stories surrounding these transformations, and have called them fairy tales. For your assignment, you must craft something inspired by these “Fairy Tale” Transformations.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2014 08:42:53 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013 12:28:23 PM »

~Completed Classes and Challenges~
Looking for links to projects?  What to see everyone's crafty magic this term? 
Then head over to our HPC Winter 13/14 Pinterest Board hosted by our Pinterest Pixie Inselaeffchen

Gryffindor
~*Avesthel, 2nd Year: Alchemy, Astronomy, BEAN-Popcorn, BEAN-Peppermint, CoMC, Charms, DA-Fear, DET-Dec, Divination, Flying, Herbology, History of Magic,
~*butterflyangel, 3rd Year: DET-Dec, DA-Drink, DA-Shield, DA-Reductor, DA-Shield (Headmistresses are conferring), DADA, Herbology
~*jenleahlynn, 6th Year: Astronomy, Charms, DET-Jan, Divination, DA-Drink, Herbology
~*MamanTattoo, 4th Year: Alchemy, Apparition, Arithmancy, Astronomy, BEAN-Peppermint, CoMC, Charms, Divination, DA-Disarm, DA-Impediment, DA-Protean, DA-Reductor, DA-Shield, DA-Stun, DA-Room, DA-F&G, DA-Fear, DA-Drink, DA-Sign, DA-BONUS, DADA, DET-Dec., DET-Jan., DET-Feb., Flying, Herbology, HoM, MS, OWL, Potions, SoAR, Puddifoot's, Transfiguration
~*Mistress Jennie, 7th Year: Alchemy, Apparition, Arithmancy, Astronomy, BEAN-Cranberry, BEAN-Gravy, BEAN-Peppermint, BEAN-Tomato, CoMC, Charms, DA-Disarming, DA-Fight, DA-Stunning, DA-Reductor, DA-Shield, DA-Impediment, DA-Protean, DA-Room, DA-BONUS, DADA, DET-Dec, DET-Jan, DET-Feb, Divination, Flying, Herbology, HoM, House Pride, House Unity, MS, Potions, SoAR, Transfiguration
~*pinkleo, 7th Year: Alchemy, Apparition, Arithmancy, Astronomy, BEAN-Cran, BEAN-Gravy, BEAN-Tomato, Charms+SPEW, DA-Stun, DA-Reductor, DA-Imped+SPEW, DA-Shield+SPEW, DA-Room, DET-Dec, DET-Jan, Divination, Flying+SPEW, Herbology, House Pride, MS, New Year, Potions, Puddifoot's, SoAR+SPEW, SPEW x 5, Transfiguration+SPEW,
~*rockmygypsysoul, 2nd Year: Arithmancy, Astronomy, BEAN-Tomato, CoMC, Charms, DA-Impediment, DA-Reductor, DA-Stunning, DA-Shield, DA-Protean, DA-Room, DADA, Divination, Flying, Herbology, House Pride, New Year's, Potions, SoAR, Transfiguration, 
~*tiamatfire, 7th Year: Alchemy, Apparition, BEAN-Gravy, BEAN-Tomato, Charms, DA-Reductor, DA-Stun, DA-Shield, DA-Protean, DA-F&G, DET-Jan, Herbology, OWL, Potions, SoAR
~*WhistleFish, 6th Year: Apparition, Arithmancy, BEAN-Popcorn, BEAN-Gravy, BEAN-Tomato, CoMC, Charms, DA-Fear, DADA, DET-Dec, Herbology, HoM, NewYear, OWL, Puddifoot's, SoAR, Transfiguration,

Hufflepuff
~*Acadian Driftwood, 2nd Year: Alchemy, Apparition, Arithmancy, Astronomy, BEAN-Cranberry, BEAN-Gravy, BEAN-Peppermint, BEAN-Tomato, AoMC, Charms, DA-Sign*, DA-Impediment, DA-Reductor, DA-Room, DA-Shield, DADA, DET-Dec, DET-Feb, Diviation, Flying, Herbology, HoM, House Pride, MS, New Year, Potions, Puddifoot's, SoAR, Transfiguration
~*blupasian, 1st Year: BEAN-Coffee, BEAN-Tomato, CoMC, DADA, Herbology, HoM, MS, New Year's, Transfiguration
~*felicitybaby, 1st Year: Apparition, BEAN-Gravy, CoMC, DADA, DET-Dec, Divination, Herbology, Potions
~*Linakins, 1st Year: Alchemy, Arithmancy, CoMC, Charms, DA-Fear, DA-Drink, DA-Sign, DET-Dec., Flying, Herbology, HoM
~*midkiffsjoy, 3rd Year: Apparition, Astronomy, BEAN-Cran, BEAN-Gravy, BEAN-Peppermint, BEAN-Coffee, BEAN-Tomato, Charms, DA-Fear, DADA, Divination, Herbology, HoM, SoAR
~*Moonflame, 5th Year: Alchemy, Apparition, Arithmancy, Astronomy, BEAN-Coffee, BEAN-Gravy, CoMC. Charms, DA-Sign, DA-Reductor, DA-Shield, DA-Stun, DA-Impediment, DA-Room, DADA, DET-Dec, Divination, Flying, Herbology, HoM, House Unity, MS, New Year's, Potions, SoAR, Transfiguration
~*Nicajeanie, 3rd Year: Arithmancy, BEAN-Cran, BEAN-Gravy, BEAN-Peppermint, BEAN-Tomato, Charms, DA...Fight, DA-Reductor, DA-Room, DA-Shield, DA-Stun, DADA, Divination, Herbology, NewYear, Potions, Puddifoot's, SoAR, Transfiguration,

Ravenclaw
~*Audania1, 6th Year: Alchemy, Apparition, Arithmancy, Astronomy, CoMC, DA-Shield, Charms, DA-Room, DA-Stunning, DA-F&G, DET-Dec., Divination, Flying, Herbology, HoM, MS, Potions, SoAR, Transfiguration,
~*BadWolf314, 3rd Year: Alchemy, Apparition, Arithmancy, Astronomy, BEAN-Cran, BEAN-Gravy, BEAN-Peppermint, BEAN-Tomato, CoMC, Charms, DA-Disarming, DA-Stunning, DA-Impediment, DA-Protean, DA-Reductor, DA-Shield, DA-Room, DA-F&G, DA-BONUS, DADA, DET-Dec, DET-Jan, DET-Feb, Divination, Flying, Herbology, HoM, House Pride, House Unity, MS, NewYear, Potions, Puddifoot's, SoAR, Transfiguration,
~*FiberAlchemist, 7th Year: Alchemy, Astronomy, Charms, DA-Disarm, DA-Stun, DA-Impediment, DA-Reductor, DA-Room, DADA, DET-Dec, Flying, Herbology, HoM, MS, NewYear, Transfiguration
~*gaudiknight, First Year: Divination, Apparition
~*jellybean89, 2nd Year: Alchemy, Apparition+SPEW, Arithmancy, Astronomy+SPEW, BEAN-Cranberry, BEAN-Popcorn, BEAN-Gravy, BEAN-Peppermint+SPEW, BEAN-Coffee, BEAN-Tomato, CoMC+SPEW, Charms, DA-Sign, DA-Shield, DA-Room, DA-Impediment, DA-Reductor, DA-Stunning, DADA, DET-Dec, Divination+SPEW, Flying+SPEW, Herbology+SPEW, HoM, House Unity
~*Magpirate, 2nd Year: Alchemy, Apparition, Arithmancy, Astronomy, BEAN-Cran, BEAN-Gravy, BEAN-Peppermint, BEAN-Tomato, Charms, DA - Reductor, DA-Stun, DA-Disarm, DA-Impediment, DA-Protean, DA-F&G, DA-Shield, DA-Room, DA-BONUS, DADA, DET-Dec., DET-Jan., DET-Feb., Divination, Flying, Herbology, House Unity, New Year's, MS, SoAR
~*netchez, 3rd Year: Alchemy, Apparition, Arithmancy, Astronomy, BEAN-Cran, BEAN-Gravy, BEAN-Peppermint, BEAN-Coffee, BEAN-Tomato, DET-Jan, Charms, Herbology, Flying, MS, Transfiguration,   
~*noodle-bug, 6th Year: Alchemy, Arithmancy, Apparition, Astronomy, BEAN-Coffee, BEAN-Cran, BEAN-Gravy, BEAN-Peppermint, BEAN-Tomato, CoMC, Charms, DA-Protean, DA-Reductor, DA-Shield, DA-Stunning, DA-Impediment, DA-Disarm, DA-F&G, DA-Room, DA-BONUS, DADA, DET-Dec, DET-Jan, DET-Feb, Divination, Flying, Herbology, HoM, House Pride, House Unity, MS, New Year's, NEWT1, NEWT2, Potions, Puddifoot's, SoAR
~*pottermouth, 7th Year: Alchemy, Apparition, Arithmancy, Astronomy, BEAN-Gravy, CoMC, Charms, DA-Disarming, DA-Protean, DADA, DET-Dec, Flying, HoM, House Pride, Potions, Puddifoot's, SoAR
~*vincentvanbuck, 2nd Year: Alchemy, Apparition, Arithmancy, BEAN-Tomato, DA-Reductor, DA-Stun, DA-Disarm, DA-Impediment, DA-Protean, DA-Room, DA-F&G, DA-Shield, DADA, DET-Jan., DET-Feb.,  Herbology, MS, SoAR, Transfiguration, 

Slytherin
~*coulsenl, 2nd Year: Alchemy, Apparition, Arithmancy, Astronomy, BEAN-Coffee, BEAN-Gravy, BEAN-Peppermint, BEAN-Tomato, CoMC, DET-Dec, DA-Fear, DA-Drink, DA-Impediment, DA–Protean, DA–Shield, DA-Room, DA-Sign, DA-Reductor, DA-Stunning, Divination, Flying, Herbology, History of Magic, New Year's, SoAR, SPEW
~*DragonChilde, 3rd Year: Alchemy, Apparition, Arithmancy, Astronomy, BEAN-Gravy, CoMC, Charms, DADA, DA-Fear, DA-Drink, DA-Sign, DA-Stun, DA-Room, DA-Impediment, DA-Reductor, DA-Shield, Divination, Flying, HoM, House Pride, House Unity, MS, NewYear, Potions, SoAR,
~*ErinAquaheart, 5th Year: Alchemy, Apparition, Arithmancy, Astronomy, BEAN-Coffee, BEAN-Gravy, BEAN-Peppermint+ SPEW, BEAN-Tomato, CoMC, Charms, DA-Drink, DA-Sign+SPEW, DA-Reductor, DA-Protean, DA-Disarm, DA-Impediment, DA-Stun, DA-F&G, DADA, DET-Dec, DET-Jan, DET-Feb, Divination+SPEW, Flying, Herbology, HoM, House Pride, House Unity, MS, NewYear, Potions, SoAR, Transfiguration, 
~*Inselaeffchen, 2nd Year: Alchemy, DA-Sign, DA-Reductor,  DET-Dec., Divination, Flying, Herbology, MS, Potions, SoAR
~*ladychris2010,  House Unity, Transfiguarion
~*Naantje, 7th Year: Alchemy, Arithmancy, BEAN-Gravy, BEAN-Popcorn, BEAN-Peppermint, CoMC, DADA, DET-Dec, Divination, Flying, Herbology, HoM, New Year's, SoAR, Potions,
~*TechnicolorAquahear t, 5th Year: Alchemy, BEAN-Gravy, CoMC, DA-Drink, DA-Sign, DA-Disarming, DA-Impediment, DA-Reductor, DA-Protean, DADA, DET-Dec, DET-Jan, DET-Feb, Divination, Herbology+SPEW, HoM, MS

~House Points~
*Reminder: Class/Challenge 15 pts , OWL 100 pts, NEWT 150 pts , SPEW 10 pts extra*
*Cup Winner, average from points per house & number of members per house*

Gryffindor: 9 students, 3090 points
Hufflepuff: 7 students, 1365 points
Ravenclaw: 10 students, 4325 points
Slytherin: 7 students, 1900 points
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014 09:24:41 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013 12:46:04 PM »

NOTE: Once you propose, please go forth on your Advanced Studies projects.  Your Examiners will PM if they have any inquiries.

~Everything O.W.L.s and N.E.W.T.s~
---Ordinary Wizarding Levels, OWLs, and Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests, NEWTs, are advanced crafting projects.  OWLs and NEWTs are supposed to be more complex and challenging projects.
---OWLs and NEWTs are more time-consuming than HPC classes and challenges.  There is no hard and fast rule on how many hours a project should take, because speed and difficulty levels are too subjective.  What we are really looking for is a project that will be a personal challenge to you.
---OWLs should take 3-4 weeks to complete.
---NEWTs should take more than a month to complete.
---Projects that do not take the allotted time of crafting will not be counted as complete; keep that in mind when you post your completed OWLs and NEWTs.  If you finish your OWL or NEWT earlier than expected, then craft an additional item(s) that correspond with your subject.  Add notes on how you finished earlier than expected and details about your additional crafting in your Completed Project post.
---You must propose your OWL or NEWT before starting so that we may be your cheerleaders and help encourage you during this more challenging craft adventure.
---You may only do 1 OWL & 1 NEWT at one time.  (Dont want you to be stuck with a ton of OWL & NEWT WIPs!)
---You may propose an OWL or NEWT any time during the semester.
---OWLs and NEWTs can carry over to the next semester.
---If you decide to abandon an OWL or NEWT project, notify your OWL Examiners, and they will erase that log from their records.  Once you have submitted to have an OWL or NEWT erased, you can propose a new one.

~*HOW TO COMPLETE AN OWL*~
1. Select which OWL you would like to complete.  You may only do one OWL at a time so select carefully.
2. Propose what you plan on doing for your OWL project.  You may do this by PM to your OWL Examiners or by posting in the HPC thread.  When making an OWL Proposal, please use the header below, and make sure you give details such as methods using, materials using, plan of action, timeline.  These details will help us cheer you on and inspire future OWLs.
3. Begin work on your OWL project.  Feel free to add progress pics in the HPC thread.
4. Once your project is complete, post a picture of your project in the HPC; make sure to use the OWL Header provided below.  Once you post a completed OWL, your OWL Examiner will notify the Headmistress, and you will earn your OWL Badge for that subject.
GOOD LUCK!!

~*OWL PROPOSAL HEADER*~
OWL Subject & Option(if available):
House:
Project Name:
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques used, materials using, plan of action, expected timeline, etc.)

~*COMPLETED OWL HEADER*~
OWL Subject & Option (if available):
House:
Project Name:
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques used, any fun tips, etc.)
Project Picture:
Feel free to also include your house and any storycrafting you've created for your project.

~*OWL EXAMS*~
--Alchemy:  Option 1-Alchemists have, through their mystical quests, made significant contributions to our world.  These include metalworking, production of inks, dyes and cosmetics, ceramics and glass manufacture, preparation of extracts and liqueurs and the invention of gunpowder.  Honor the work of these alchemists by creating something from one or more of these contributions.  Option 2-The Four Elements of alchemy are Fire, Earth, Air and Water.  Craft a project that represents all four of these elements.
--Arithmancy: Bridget Wenlock was a famous thirteenth-century Arithmancer, and the first to establish the magical properties of the number seven.  Your OWL quest is to turn in something that involves the number seven.
--Astronomy: Option 1-Craft a star chart.  Option 2-Interpret the solar system into a craft.  Option 3-It is believed that we can only see 5% of the universe, the rest is made up of Dark Matter and Dark Energy which is invisible to us. Create something where at first glance you can only see a small portion, but when you look closer you can find the rest of the details.
--Care of Magical Creatures:  Option 1-Even in the muggle world, we are surrounded by fascinating and breathtaking creatures.  Craft something inspired by an everyday animal you find magical.  Option 2-Dragons are terrifying yet awe-inspiring; craft something inspired by these magical creatures.
--Charms: Research the different charms and show your mastery of a particular charm by crafting something inspired by it.  For example, Alohomora is an opening charm; craft something that open or has an opening.  Another example, Confundus is a confusion charm; craft something you find a bit confusing.
--Defence Against the Dark Arts: Option 1-The patronus is an effective charm against dementors and to call for help when in need, though difficult to master. Craft something using or inspired by your patronus animal.  Option 2-Craft something inspired by one of the DADA professors.
--Divination: Option 1-Create at least 4 items you need for a successful reading.  Option 2-Create a dream item.  Option 3-Create something inspired by the zodiac.
--Herbology:  Research magical and mundane plants, and show your knowledge by creating something inspired by one or more plants that could be found in a wizards or witches garden.
--History of Magic: Option 1-Create 4 different items, one item for each house, these items should reflect your interpretation of the characteristics of each house.  Option 2-Craft 3 items which represent 3 characters with Harry Potter.   Option 3-Craft something using a vintage pattern, material, or technique.
--Muggle Studies: We all know the Tales of Beetle Bard, but did you know that muggles have a vast array of fantastical stories?  The most fascinating are known to muggles as fairy tales.  Study these tales and craft something inspired by them.
--Potions: Option 1- Show off your ability to work with many ingredients by showcasing at least 3 different colors/pattern/textures.  Colors can be monochromatic.  A variegated yarn or one fabric swatch with various colors within it count as one color.  Option 2-Research different potions and show your mastery by crafting something inspired by it.
--Study of Ancient Runes: Option 1-Use an intricate charted design; you may create your own design for this project.  Option 2-Create something that contains 7 or more letters/symbols.  Option 3-Create a set of runes; these can be presented in one or more pieces.
--Transfiguration: Option 1-Practice your vanishing and conjuring spells by taking a large amount of supply and crafting one piece.  Option 2-Craft something with a dual purpose.  Option 3-Craft your Animagus.

~*HOW TO COMPLETE A NEWT*~
IMPORTANT: To be eligible to take your NEWT, you must have completed one OWL.  If you have not completed an OWL, you cannot propose a NEWT.
1. Select which subject you would like to complete for your NEWT.  You may only do one NEWT at a time so select carefully.
2. Propose what you plan on doing for your NEWT project.  You may do this by PM to your NEWT Examiners or by posting in the HPC thread.  When making an NEWT Proposal, please use the header below, and make sure you give details such as methods using, materials using, plan of action, timeline.  These details will help us cheer you on and inspire future NEWTs.
3. Begin work on your NEWT project.  Feel free to add progress pics in the HPC thread.
4. Once your project is complete, post a picture of your project in the HPC; make sure to use the NEWT Header provided below.  Once you post a completed NEWT, your NEWT Examiner will notify the Headmistress, and you will earn your NEWT Badge for that subject.
GOOD LUCK!!

~*NEWT PROPOSAL HEADER*~
NEWT Subject:
House:
Project Name:
Brief Description: (explain how your project relates to your subject, pattern/techniques used, materials using, plan of action, expected timeline, etc.)

~*COMPLETED NEWT HEADER*~
NEWT Subject:
House:
Project Name:
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques used, any fun tips, etc.)
Project Picture:

~*NEWT EXAMS*~
So, whats a NEWT?! A NEWT is impressive! A NEWT is just enough crazy that youre not totally sure you can make it to end, but not so crazy that youll land in the padded wagon on your way to the finish line.  A NEWT is much like a thesis.  You are to choose the course of study you wish to take in a particular subject.  Research your desired subject, find a facet of that subject that you wish focus your advanced studies.  Form a plan of action, and make your proposal.  Remember your NEWT should be detailed and should be a craft endeavor that take you 1 month or more to finish.  This is Advanced Studies so make sure to stretch yourself and your crafty magic.  You may take NEWTs in the following subjects:
--Alchemy: Students are expected to show extensive knowledge of basic elements, as well as the transmutation of substances.
--Arithmancy: Students display their mastery of all things magical and mathematical.
--Astronomy: Students should demonstrate knowledge of the celestial heavens.
--Care of Magical Creatures: Students should demonstrate extensive knowledge of magical creatures and their proper care and handling.
--Charms: Students are expected to have total mastery over charms.
--Defence Against the Dark Arts: Students must demonstrate the ability to defend themselves in magical combat.
--Divination: Students should have a sound knowledge of a variety of techniques of foretelling the future.
--Herbology: Students should have a vast knowledge of magical plants and be able to easily manipulate complex organic creations.
--History of Magic: Students must produce evidence that they did not sleep through all of Prof. Binns lectures.
--Muggle Studies: Students should demonstrate their knowledge of all things muggle and have the ability to blend into muggle society with ease
--Potions: Students should exhibit full knowledge of all potions and a mastery at mixing complex potions.
--Study of Ancient Runes: Students are expected to decipher obscure markings with ease.
--Transfiguration: Students will demonstrate the ability to transfigure and vanish.

~*OWL PROPOSALS*~
Gryffindor Abbeeroad: Transfiguration, Sept. 6, 2013
Gryffindor dwfan10: Arithmancy, Apr. 30, 2013
Gryffindor IsikkahJai: Herbology, Sept. 6, 2012
Gryffindor jenleahlynn: Arithmancy, Sept. 10, 2013 (PM Secret Proposal)
Gryffindor Melissaurus: Divination, Jan. 28, 2013
Gryffindor Mistress Jennie: History of Magic (Option 3), Feb 11, 2014
Gryffindor pinkleo: Muggle Studies, Dec. 23, 2013
Gryffindor rockmygypsysoul: Transfiguration, Dec. 5, 2013
Gryffindor sakuracat23: Transfiguration, Jan. 22, 2013
Gryffindor spikefan: Transfiguration, Sept. 4, 2012
Gryffindor The Mad Quilter: Transfiguration, Sept. 3, 2013
Gryffindor tiamatfire: Herbology, December 25, 2013
Gryffindor ttsaria: Study of Ancient Runes (PM Proposal), Sept.15, 2012
Gryffindor whenindoubtsew: Care of Magical Creatures, Sept. 23, 2012
Gryffindor WhistleFish: Transfiguration (Option 1)

Hufflepuff Acadian Driftwood: Potions, Dec. 14, 2013
Hufflepuff blupaisan: Arithmancy, Jan. 27 2014
Hufflepuff CraftLadyMJ: Potions, Option1 (PM Proposal), Mar. 25 2013
Hufflepuff jillybeans: Transfiguration, Mar. 27, 2013
Hufflepuff Kit the Brave: Arithmancy, Dec. 1, 2012
Hufflepuff midkiffsjoy: Divination, June 4, 2013
Hufflepuff moonflame: Study of Ancient Runes - Option 1, Feb. 28, 2014
Hufflepuff patty_o_furniture: CoMC, Aug. 18, 2013

Ravenclaw AugustBell: Transfiguration, Jan.16, 2013
Ravenclaw BadWolf314: Alchemy, Sept. 1, 2013
Ravenclaw consultingcorsair: History of Magic, Jan. 9, 2013
Ravenclaw Flip-floP: Charms, Apr. 10, 2013
Ravenclaw krashromance: Potions, Mar. 19, 2013
Ravenclaw kstaron: Charms, Sept. 6, 2012
Ravenclaw Listessa: Potions, June 17, 2013
Ravenclaw Natasjadreams: Study of Ancient Runes, Sept. 7, 2012
Ravenclaw noodle-bug: Muggle Studies, Feb 11, 2014  
Ravenclaw PenguinSoup: Care of Magical Creatures, Jan. 18, 2013
Ravenclaw SenatorOrgana: Tranfiguration, Oct. 20, 2013
Ravenclaw ShardaeDobby: Muggle Studies, Sept. 11, 2012
Ravenclaw SiakelA: Alchemy, Jan. 5, 2013
Ravenclaw Swimswamswum: Transfiguration (PM Proposal), Sept. 2, 2013
Ravenclaw teag: Potions, July 8, 2013
Ravenclaw the_essence: Charms, Dec. 9, 2012
Ravenclaw vincentvanbuck: Alchemy, Dec. 3, 2013

Slytherin Ant Bee: Transfiguration, Sept. 8, 2012
Slytherin audio: Transfiguration, Jan. 27, 2013
Slytherin bookie0013: Charms, Sept. 1, 2013
Slytherin coulsenl: Potions, Dec. 2, 2013
Slytherin FreakieGeekie: History of Magic, Apr. 26, 2013
Slytherin Inselaeffchen: Transfiguration, Sept. 2 2013 - ON HOLD as of Jan 1, 2014
Slytherin Inselaeffchen: Potions, Option 1, Jan. 1, 2014 (PM Proposal)
Slytherin lightninglisa: Astronomy, Sept. 3, 2012
Slytherin Naantje: History of Magic, June 4, 2013
Slytherin SKooKum: Potions, Apr. 2, 2013
Slytherin TechnicolorAquahear ts: MS, June 16, 2013
Slytherin travelgirl: Arithmancy, July 23, 2013

~*COMPLETED OWLs*~
Gryffindor tiamatfire: Potions
Hufflepuff Moonflame: Potions
Ravenclaw Audania1: DADA
Ravenclaw jellybean89: Potions
Ravenclaw netchez: Transfiguration
Gryffindor WhistleFish Study of Ancient Runes
Gryffindor MamanTattoo: Care of Magical Creatures
Ravenclaw pottermouth: Potions, Option 1
Ravenclaw noodle-bug: Divination - Option 2
Ravenclaw Audania1: Muggle Studies

~*Students Eligible to Take NEWTs*~
Abbeeroad, Audania1, CraftLadyMJ, DragonChilde, Eiseldora, ErinAquaheart, FiberAlchemist, indigo_roses, jenleahlynn, jennieingram, jillybeans, Kit the Brave, lelyonna, Magpirate, MamanTattoo, Melissaurus, Moonflame, Naantje, netchez, Nicajeanie, noodle-bug, patty_o_furniture, PenguinSoup, pinkleo, pottermouth, rockmygypsysoul, Supermutts, tiamatfire, travelgirl, and WhistleFish

~*NEWT PROPOSALS*~
Gryffindor Abbeeroad: Arithmancy, Sept. 6, 2013
Gryffindor MamanTattoo: Transfiguration, Feb. 7, 2014
Gryffindor Melissaurus: DADA, Feb. 9, 2013
Gryffindor Mistress Jennie: Transfiguration, Jan. 29, 2014
Gryffindor pinkleo: HoM, Dec. 23, 2013
Gryffindor rockmygypsysoul: Alchemy, Dec. 15, 2013
Gryffindor tiamatfire: SoAR, Jan, 22, 2014

Hufflepuff CraftyLadyMJ: Transfiguration, July 10, 2013 (PM Proposal)
Hufflepuff Moonflame: Transfiguration, June 6, 2013
Hufflepuff patty_o_furniture: CoMC, August 18, 2013

Ravenclaw indigo_roses: Ancient Runes, Mar. 4, 2013
Ravenclaw netchez: CoMC, Sept. 1, 2013
Ravenclaw noodle-bug: Arithmancy, Jan. 28, 2014
Ravenclaw PenguinSoup: Ancient Runes, Jan. 17, 2013

Slytherin DragonChilde: Divination, Oct. 12, 2013
Slytherin ErinAquaheart: Astronomy, Mar. 1, 2013
Slytherin Naantje: Arithmancy, Jan. 25, 2014

~*COMPLETED NEWTs*~
Gryffindor rockmygypsysoul: Alchemy
Gryffindor tiamatfire: Arithmancy
Ravenclaw noodle-bug: Transfiguration
Ravenclaw noodle-bug: Charms
Ravenclaw Magpirate: Transfiguration
Ravenclaw pottermouth: Charms

~*OWL Certificates*~

~*NEWT Certificates*~
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014 09:32:58 AM by Mistress Jennie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013 12:46:51 PM »

~Headmistress pinkleo's Tower~ :::password: ice mice:::

Welcome new and old students!  As we settle into the Winter semester, I wanted to say a few words.  First, you will see me and Deputy Headmistress Mistress Jennie mention many times about how you do not have to craft ALL the classes and challenges.  This is because we don't want anyone to feel overwhelmed and not craft along.  I can tell you now that I, Headmistress pinkleo, will not be crafting everything in the Winter HPC; what I will be crafting is those classes and challenges that inspire me.  Furthermore, all that is needed to complete the semester and a HPC year is to post one project during the semester.  I sincerely hope you find this a comforting reminder and enjoy your crafting.  Second, you will find that we are a chatty bunch.  Don't let this intimidate or prevent you from posting.  Think of the HPC like stopping into the Three Broomsticks.  Pop in and chat about what's going on at the moment.  No one will be offended if you "skip" their projects during commenting.  We are all here to have fun and explore our crafty magic.  Further, please note that we participate in the Hogwarts tradition of House Points; House Points are explained in the first post of the HPC.  I hope you have fun this semester.  Take your time exploring the castle and all that's within; for your convenience, portkeys to various rooms have been added to the first post of this thread.  And if you ever have a question or problem, do not hesitate in sending an owl (aka PM) to me, pinkleo, AND Mistress Jennie.  I would like to leave you with some final words, and here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you and blessed be.

~Daily Prophet~
* Craftster now has a special HP pinterest board for those interested in crafty magic.
* Show off OWL & NEWT progress on Advanced Studies Friday!
* JOIN the Society for the Protection of Everyone's Welfare, also know as S.P.E.W.!
* Great Hall Now Open: FOC Off-Topic Chat Board
* I'm so hungry I could eat a hippogriff!: Magical Recipes Revealed
* Make sure to check out everyone's crafty magic on our HPC Winter 13/14 Pinterest Board.

~Badge Station~
To claim your badge, just left click the image; it will open another window with a larger image, which you can right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to use your badges: as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges.

Class Badges

Challenge Badges

House Pride & House Unity Badges

~Chocolate Frog Cards~
These are the Chocolate Frog Cards aka CFCs offered within the HPC thread, also known as Common CFCs.  There are some Special CFCs that have been handed out by HPC Staff from their private collection that may have not been revealed yet in the thread.  You can collect CFCs by completing a CFC challenge prompt or by doing extraordinary crafty magic.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014 05:16:08 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013 12:47:32 PM »

Congratulations to our 7th Years!  Enjoy your last year as a Hogwarts student, and prepare yourself for the next step in your wizarding education. Cool

Seventh Years
FiberAlchemist
Mistress Jennie
Naantje
pinkleo
pottermouth
tiamatfire

The Next Step
Congratulations to our 7th Years!  Enjoy your last year as a Hogwarts student, and prepare yourself for the next step in your wizarding education. Cool

Seventh Years
FiberAlchemist
Mistress Jennie
Naantje
pinkleo
pottermouth
tiamatfire

The Next Step
Time to choose your profession!

You can earn your position earn by completing the course work for your career.  You will be working several terms to "apply" for your position.  You wouldn't have to announce your profession path until they complete all requirements.  When you wish to apply for a position, then you will need to provide links to your completed requirements. 

After completing a profession, you can go for another profession path, but you will start anew with job requirements...mean ing once you announce a completed profession, then your class/course slate is wiped clean.

For House Points & Year tracking I was thinking we could label them as such.  B for Bachelor's and then year 1-7 so 7th Years would be B1 in the Spring...after that we could move to M for Master, D for Doctorate, MO Merlin Order...etc.

If a student pass 7th Year wants to propose a profession we don't have listed, they may present a course of study that the headmistresses will review for approval. (Once a new profession path is approved, it will be added to the list)

Career Paths (UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!  Careers do not start until Spring2014.  These are not finalized requirements!)

---Auror:  5-Potions Classes (so 5 terms), 7-Defence Against the Dark Arts (7 terms), 4- Transfiguration (4 terms), 3-Herbology (3 terms), 2-HoM, and 4 Charms (4 terms)
---Arthimancer: 7-Arthimancy, 5 Divination, 6 SoAR, 5-DADA, 3-Charms, 3-Potions, 2 Herbology OWL Arit, NEWT in DADA/Potions/Trans/Charms
---Broom Maker: 6-Herbology, 7-Flying, 5-Charms, 2-Potions
---Curse Breaker: 6-DADA, 2-Herbology, 2-Charms, 2-Transfiguration, 2-HoM, 2-SoAR
---Dragonologist: 7-Dragon Inspired Projects, 7 CoMC, 2-HoM, 4-Charms, 2-Flying, 2-Potions, 5-Herb, 2-DADA, 3-Trans OWL CoMC NEWT CoMC
---Healer: 6-Herb, 6-Potions, 5-Trans, 5-Charms, 2-CoMC, 4-DADA, 1-OWL, 1-NEWT in Potions/Trans/Herb/Charms/DADA, 1 project reflecting your uniform-lime green robe with a sign of a bone and a wand crossed on it.
---Herbologist: 7-Herb, 6-Potions, 4-HoM, 2-CoMC, 1-OWL Herb, 1-NEWT Herb
---Magizoologist: 4-projects inspired by Magical Creatures, 7 CoMC, 2-HoM, 4-Charms, 2-Flying, 2-Potions, 5-Herb, 2-DADA, 3-Trans OWL CoMC NEWT CoMC
---MoM-L2-The Misuse of Muggle Artefacts Office: 7-MS, 7-Charms, 4-DADA, 4-Trans, 4-HoM, 1-OWL MS, 1-NEWT MS/HoM/Charms
---MoM-L3- Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes: 7-Charms, 6-Potions, 6-Transfig, 5-DADA, 4-HoM, 2MS, 1-OWL & 1 NEWT Charms/Potions/Trans/DADA
---MoM-L4- Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures: 7-CoMC, 7-DADA, 4-Charms, 4-Transfig, 3-Herb, 3-Potions, 1OWL CoMC, 1 NEWT DADA/CoMC
---MoM-L9- Department of Mysteries aka Unspeakable: 5-Divination, 5-Charms, 5-Transfiguration, 7-HoM, 6-DADA, 2-SoAR, 2 Astronomy, 1OWL-HoM, 1-NEWT of your choice, 1 project inspired by time (Time Chamber), 1 project that inspired by love (Love Chamber), 1 project inspired by death/veil of death (Death Chamber), 1 project inspired by the brain (Brain Room), 1 project inspired by space (Space Chamber), 1 project inspired by prophecies (Hall of Prophecies) 
---Muggle Relations: 7-MS, 7-HoM, 4-Charms, 4-Trans, 2-DADA, 1 OWL-MS, 1-NEWT-MS
---Obliviator: 7-Charms, 4-MS, 4-HoM, 2-Fying/Apparating, 2-Potions, 2-CoMC, 2-Herb, 1-OWL Charms, 1-NEWT-Charms
---Potioneer: 7-Potions, 6-Herb, 2-CoMC, 4-HoM, 2-Trans, 2-Charms, 1-OWL Potions, 1-NEWT Potions
---Professional Quidditch Player: 7-Flying, 4-Charms, 2-HoM, 2-Arithmancy, 2-DADA, 4 projects inspired by Quidditch, 1 project inspired the Pro Team you will play for
---Professorship: 7-of your intended subject of teaching, 2-OWL & 1-NEWT in your subject along
---Quibbler Reporter: 7-CoMC, 7-Divination, 3-SoAR, 3-Arithmancy, 5-Astronomy, 4-HoM, 2-Charms, 2-Tranfig, 2-Herb, 1-OWL Divination/CoMC, 1 project inspired by article/ad you might find in the Quibbler
---Shop Owner (Food): 20-Recipes, 4-Charms, 2-Arithmancy, 4-Herbology, 4-Potions, and 1-Transfiguration
---Snake Charmer: 7-CoMC, 7-Charms, 7-Transfiguration, 4-Flying/Apparation, 7-Snake Inspired Projects
---Wandmaker: 7-Herbology, 6-Charms, 6-Transfiguration, 2-Care of Magical Creatures, and 4-DADA, 1-OWL Herb/Charms/Transfig, 1-NEWT Herb
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014 03:22:17 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013 12:51:50 PM »

Are you sick of Umbridge already?  Do you want to learn - properly learn - practical defensive magic?  Do you need to know what it's really like facing him?  Facing Vo... Voldemorte?   Are you ready for a brand new epic *series* of Craftalong Challenges? Do you have what it takes to join Dumbledore's Army?

Well then you are in luck my friends because your Headmistresses have dreamed up another awesome challenge for you!  This challenge series spans three HPC semesters, and covers the journey taken by our favorite Trio, and their faithful friends, as they learned to use magic, and fought to live in a world without fear or prejudice.  Each individual challenge will have a specified time frame, much like you saw in Summer Quidditch.  The Fall Semester contained 3 awesome challenges.  This semester we will be having lessons with Harry Potter himself!  He will be teaching you practical defensive spells that he has used against Voldemorte and the Death Eaters in the past.  Each 'on-time' project you submit will earn you 15 House Points, just like all other Class and Challenge prompts.  And you can't begin to imagine what we have in store for the Spring Semester.... Wink  

So, what's our next task?*

*If you did not complete the Fall Semester's tasks in time, but would still like to participate, please scroll down to the bottom of this post for directions on how to catch-up!

~*Lessons With Harry*~
December 1st - February 28th

It's time we learned how to defend ourselves from Voldemorte and his Death Eaters.  Throughout the Winter Semester you will be learning practical defensive spells from Harry Potter in the Room of Requirement.  In order to earn the right to move on in the Join the DA Challenge, you will need to master 5 out of 8 of the following spells.  You may choose any 5 you wish, and you have until the end of the semester to post them.  However, as a good Headmistress I must remind you that leaving all your studying to the last minute will result in poor performance on your exams.  So start thinking, planning and crafting as soon as you wish!

And since I just *know* someone will ask...  If you master your 5 spells and still wish to continue crafting the others you may do so.  If you complete all 8 *within this semester* only, you will earn a bonus of 10 House Points, and an extra fancy badge.   Cheesy

1. Disarming - The word expelliarmus is derived from the Latin roots, expel, meaning 'to drive out' and arma, meaning 'weapon'. For this challenge you must remove something standing in the way of your completing a craft project.  This could include striping down a piece of furniture in order to refinish it, redyeing an object to hide a pesky stain, bleaching to remove color, or cleaning out & organizing your messy craft area in order to better utilize the space.

2. Impediment Jinx - The Impediment Jinx is used to freeze something in its current place.  For this challenge craft something that either literally freezes like homemade ice cream, or something that blocks or stops something else like a door stop.  Other ideas include a shawl to keep out the chill, a batch of Freezer Meals for busy work nights, or draft blocker for one of the doors in your house.

3. Reductor Curse -  The Reductor Curse is used to blast an object into tiny pieces.  For this challenge you have two options.  One is to break down a larger object into smaller pieces and use them in a completed craft project, such as breaking plates into small tiles to create a mosaic table top.  Your second option is to craft something tiny.  This can be anything you desire, but the maximum size is 3x3x3.  (For our friends using the Metric System, this is 7.6 cm, but you may round it up to 8 cm. Wink)  

4. Stunning Spell - The Stunning Spell, otherwise known as Stupefy, is used to render someone unconscious or to halt a moving object.  For this challenge you must create something that stuns at least one of the 5 senses.  For example, it can dazzle the eye with sparkle, dazzles the ear with sound, dazzles the taste buds with flavor, dazzles the nose with an intoxicating scent, dazzles the sense of touch with softness.  (Note: Please do not try to render anyone unconscious in your crafting! Wink)

5. Shield Charm - Shield Charm is a term applied to several varieties of charms that create a magical barrier to deflect both physical entities and spells. For this challenge you must craft something that will shield either you or another person, from an outside force. Ideas include a potholder to shield you from hot pots & pans, a hat or scarf to shield someone from the winter's cold, or a sleep mask shields tired eyes from the bright sun.

6. Protean Charm - A Protean Charm is a very advanced spell, which links multiple objects together for a common purpose.  In 1995 Hermione Grainger cast the Protean Charm on a series of fake Galleon coins in order to communicate with other members of the D.A.  A change in Harry Potter's master coin would be magically reflected on the other coins, as well as emit a heat signal, alerting group members to the next meeting date.  The genius of this method of communication is that even if a student was searched by Umbridge and the Inquisitorial Squad, they wouldn't find any sort of contraband on the person as it is perfectly legal to carry currency.  For this challenge you must craft an object that is actually something else in disguise, or that contains a hidden meaning.  Examples include a pillow quilt or "quillow", a clever tea cozy, a mask, or something more personal like noodle-bug's ingenious "Birdhouse In Your Soul" project from last semester.  

7.  Fred & George Fight Back - After the D.A. was betrayed by Marietta Edgecombe, Fred and George Weasley continued to fight back against Umbridge's hold on the school by doing what they are best at; namely causing mischief, chaos, and laughter.  They released some rather impressive enchanted fireworks to disrupt lessons, created a swamp in the corridor, and in their final act of rebellion, struck several members of the Inquisitorial Squad with jinxes, summoned their brooms from Umbridge's office and escaped the school to start their joke shop.  For this challenge, take your inspiration from Fred & George's methods.  Craft an *impressive diversion* for yourself or a group of friends.  This could mean creating a stunning display of lights & decorations around your home for the holidays.  (Think beyond hanging ornaments on the tree.)  Or how about crafting food, decorations & favors for a fabulous New Year's Eve party?  On this challenge, be sure to GO BIG.  This is for Fred & George after all.

8. Help the Room of Requirement - The Room of Requirement, otherwise known as the Come and Go Room is possibly one of the most fascinating parts of Hogwarts Castle.  The room is thought to have some degree of sentience, because it transforms itself into whatever the witch or wizard needs it to be at that moment in time.  It is also Unplottable and can only be accessed by a witch or wizard who has great need of it.  For this challenge, you will take your inspiration from the room itself and craft something for which there is *great* need.  You can decide just what is needed and how to best supply it, but you must explain this clearly in your posting.  For example, perhaps your broom closet is overflowing with plastic grocery bags and is an utter mess that you can no longer control.  You could turn those bags into a set of reusable bags.  (Thanks noodle-bug.)  Or perhaps your great aunt Muriel has been getting cold while reading in her drafty old house.  You could crochet her a new lapghan to keep her warm.  Whatever you choose, remember to explain why it is so needed.

~*Sign the Parchment*~
CLOSED! ~ REQUIRED CATCH-UP CRAFTING TIME = 1 WEEK!*
November 8th-30th

"I I think everybody should write their name down, just so we know who was here. But I also think that we all ought to agree not to shout about what we're doing. So if you sign, you're agreeing not to tell Umbridge or anybody else what we're up to." - Hermoine Grainger

This next challenge should be a real doss for everyone.  Hopefully a nice way to wind down the semester.  As easy as signing your name really.  For this challenge you will need to create something in your 'signature craft'.  The craft that you are most comfortable and familiar with.  You may create anything within that medium, no restrictions.  If you have more than one craft that is your signature, you may pick either medium.  If this is somehow still unclear, think of it this way.  If two Craftsters were to have a conversation about you, your signature craft would be how they'd identify you.  It would probably go something like this:

Abbeeroad:  Hey noodle-bug, do you know Mistress Jennie?
noodle-bug: You mean that girl who makes all the charm bracelets?

Yep, that girl who makes the charm bracelets.  So, if you were me, which you're not because you're you, but if you were me, then you'd craft a charm bracelet.  If you were pinkleo, you'd crochet something.  Etc. etc.  So get going on signing that parchment!

~*Have a Drink in the Hog's Head*~
CLOSED! ~ REQUIRED CATCH-UP CRAFTING TIME = 2 WEEKS!*
October 10th-November 7th

"Hi," said Fred, reaching the bar first and counting his companions quickly.  "Could we have... twenty-five butterbeers, please?'
The barman glared at him for a moment, then, throwing down his rag irritably as though he had been interrupted in something very important, he started passing up dusty butterbeers from under the bar.

Sometimes darkness lies ahead.  Whether it be a long war against evil, or the long dark nights of autumn and winter.  But even when times are difficult and the road ahead of us looks impossible, there is comfort in sharing a moment of peace, some laughter, and some good food & drink with friends.  For this challenge you will take inspiration from Fred & George, and share a treat with your friends or family.  You must make a food, drink, or sweet treat to share that will serve at least 5 people.  (Not dinner for 2. The purpose of this challenge is to share with a larger group of friends.)  Further, in an effort to broaden the effects of your sharing spirit, you MUST post the complete recipe here in the HPC thread, in order to earn your Badge & House Points.  
***It should go without saying that, like all craft submissions here in the HPC, a picture must also accompany your post. No picture also = no points.***

~*Fear of a Name Challenge*~
CLOSED! ~ REQUIRED CATCH-UP CRAFTING TIME = 2 WEEKS!*
September 11th-October 9th

"Harry, don't you see? This... this is exactly why we need you... We need to know what it's really like... facing him... facing V-Voldemort." - Hermione Granger

Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself.  This is a lesson that all Potter fans take to heart; that facing your fears is the first step towards defeating them.  Hermione began to face her fears when she said Voldemorte's name for the very first time.  For this challenge you will will learn from her example, and face your crafting fears.  You must choose to craft something in a new medium that you have been afraid to try before, OR, you may craft something in a medium you are familiar with, but with a new technique that you have been afraid to try before.  For example, perhaps your a a knitter, and have made tons of knitted items, but you've always been afraid to try cables.  Then this is your chance to try knitting the heck out of those cables!  Since you will be trying new things, you have 4 weeks to complete this challenge, giving you lots of time to make mistakes and perfect your technique.

Catching Up with the D.A.

You:  Dear Headmistresses, I did not get a chance to complete the first DA task, but I would still like to participate.  What can I do?

Glad you asked my friend!  Your Headmistress and I have discussed this and come up with a solution for anyone who missed the first challenge, but still wishes to participate.  Whether you were too busy to jump in during a busy Fall Semester at your real world school, or family & personal obligations kept you from crafting as much as you'd like, you may have fallen (or may in future fall) behind with the DA Challenges.  This is not a problem, and you can still participate.  (As can folks who decide to join the HPC over Winter or Spring semesters.)  

Since learning practical defensive magic and joining the fight against Voldemorte and the Death Eaters was a journey for our characters, you will still need to complete the same journey they do in order to earn your place in the DA.  Therefore, you will still need to do all the challenges *in chronological order* to complete the task.  Therefore, if you missed the Fear of a Name Challenge, you will still need to complete it before you dive into the Drink at the Hog's Head Challenge.

But, there is a bit of fine print...  Wink

First off, each challenge will be assigned a required amount of time "Catch Up" time.  This means that you cannot post your NEXT craft until that amount of time has past.  (This amount of time will be noted with the closed challenge prompt.)  For example, the Fear of a Name Challenge has a Required Make Up Time of 2 weeks.  So if you missed that prompt but you still want to join the DA, first you must plan and craft an item that fits the Fear of a Name challenge prompt.  After posting it, you cannot post a Drink in the Hog's Head Challenge for 2 weeks.  This is not because we are mean.   Smiley  It is because we want each and every crafter to craft their best, rather than rush through a large number of poorly made crafts in a short time.  (It will also make more sense later, when there are lots more projects to get through in order to Catch Up.)

Second bit of fine print:  Each project completed DURING the official Challenge Period will receive 15 House Points.  Any project completed AFTER the official period will earn 10 House Points. For example, if you are joining the HPC this semester and complete the Fear of a Name challenge, you will earn 10 Points for it, because that challenge closed last semester.  You can then begin planning and crafting your Drink at the Hog's Head project and may post it 2 weeks after you Fear of a Name project.  If, in the course of catching up, you get to making some of this semester's challenges (during the semester), you will earn 15 Points for those.  If you still have questions, feel free to PM both ME, and pinkleo.  We will be happy to clarify.

~*Badges*~

***Please remember, you can choose to do any, all, or none of the Challenges and Challenge Series that come up.  The goal here is always to have fun and to be excited about our crafting!  None of the Challenges are intended to cause you stress or strife.  Even your Headmistresses do NOT plan to do ALL the things.  So craft on Friends, craft on.***
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013 11:49:49 AM by Mistress Jennie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013 12:52:52 PM »

Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans
A risk with every mouthful!

"You want to be careful with these. When they say every flavor, they mean every flavor - you know you get all the ordinary ones like chocolate and peppermint and marmalade, but then you can get spinach and liver and tripe. George reckons he had a bogey-flavored one once." - Ron Weasley

Its no secret that Hogwarts students love sweets.  And teachers, Headmasters & Headmistresses have been known to enjoy their share of treats too.  Therefore, your brilliant Headmistresses have devised an epic new *series* of Mini-Challenges for you.  

Every two weeks we will pull a new bean out of the bag.*  Each bean will be the inspiration for a mini-challenge.  Students may complete and post a craft based on that theme to earn 15 House Points, and a Badge for that challenge.  Once a new challenge is posted, the old one is gone and cannot be entered.  As with all things in the HPC, you are welcome to do any, all, or none of these challenges.  They are just a way to inspire your own magical crafting adventures.

*If the Semester ends before the Bean's two week span is over, the Bean will continue into the new semester.  You may only enter your Bean project in *one* of the semesters.

And this weeks bean is...
TOMATO!

You see!" said a strained voice. Tonks was glaring at Lupin. "She still wants to marry him, even though he's been bitten! She doesn't care!"
"It's different," said Lupin, barely moving his lips and looking suddenly tense. "Bill will not be a full werewolf. The cases are completely-"
"But I don't care either, I don't care!" said Tonks, seizing the front of Lupin's robes and shaking them. "I've told you a million times...."
And the meaning of Tonk's Patronus and her mouse-colored hair, and the reason she had come running to find Dumbledore when she had heard a rumor someone had been attacked by Greyback, all suddenly became clear to Harry; it had not been Sirius that Tonks had fallen in love with after all.
"And I've told you a million times," said Lupin, refusing to meet her eyes, staring at the floor, "that I am too old for you, too poor....too dangerous...."
"I've said all along you're taking a ridiculous line on this, Remus," said Mrs. Weasley over Fleur's shoulder as she patter her on the back.
"I am not being ridiculous," said Lupin steadily. "Tonks deserves somebody young and whole."
"But she wants you," said Mr. Weasley, with a small smile. "And after all, Remus, young and whole men do not necessarily remain so."
He gestured sadly at his son, lying between them.
"This is....not the moment to discuss it," said Lupin, avoiding everybody's eyes as he looked around distractedly. "Dumbledore is dead...."
"Dumbledore would have been happier than anybody to think that there was a little more love in the world," said Professor McGonagall curtly.

In 1544, Italian herbalist Pietro Andrae Matthioli made the first reference to the tomato's presence in Europe when he wrote about the "pomi d'oro," or apples of gold. Matthioli went on to classify them as similar to the mandrake plant. In the book of Genesis, Rachel and Leah concocted a love potion out of mandrake roots; the Hebrew word for mandrake, "dudaim," can be translated as "love apples" or "love plants".  While it's possible that tomatoes are called love apples because of their aphrodisiacal qualities, there is another theory to consider, involving how the tomato migrated through Europe. Spaniards brought tomatoes to Europe in the 16th century. At this time, there were Moors in Spain, and they took the tomato back to Morocco, where they called it pomi dei mori, or "apple of the Moors." When the French got hold of the tomato, they called it "pommes d'amour," or apples of love.

For this challenge you will take your inspiration from both Professor McGongall's keen observation, and the Moor's great history of sharing knowledge during the Renaissance.  You must craft an item to give away to someone you love. This can be for a romantic partner, a dear friend, or a family member, as long as you are putting more love into the world. Please be sure to mention who the item is for in your post.

~*Challenge Badges*~
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014 09:26:38 AM by Mistress Jennie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013 12:56:05 PM »

~*Detention in the Dungeons*~

This semester there will be three Detention Challenges, one for each month.  You are welcome to do any, all, or none of these challenges.  (Remember, they are just here to help get your crafty juices flowing!)  All Detention projects are worth 15 House Points and may be turned in anytime during the semester, regardless of what the newest Challenge is, up until the semester ends on February 28th.  (For example, you may turn in December or January challenges in February.)

December Challenge:
Prof. Slughorn has caught you trying to speed up the rate of your potion brewing by creating 7 magical blue-flame fires beneath the cauldron and bewitching your spoon to stir at the rate of nearly 60 miles per hour.  (A decision that resulted in your potion splattering the walls of his classroom, and setting your desk on fire.)  In an effort to teach you patience, Slughorn has given you detention in the Slow Brewing Potions Lab.  Grab your spoon and get ready to stir around and around.  At Muggle speed.  For this challenge you must craft something circular.

January Challenge:
While stopping in to ask Professor Binns a question, Professor McGonagall has caught you and Ron drawing pictures of Malfoy being eaten by mountain trolls on your parchment, instead of taking notes.  She insisted Prof. Binns assign you Detention!  Fortunately his detention consists of listening to him recite the same lesson over again, and Hermione has already taken notes on that one, so you're free to work on some more pressing homework!  Binns will never even notice.  For this challenge, you must complete a Work In Progress.

February Challenge:
Drat!  Professor Vector caught you sneaking out of the Common Room after hours to nick food from the Kitchens for a post-Quidditch game party.  As punishment she has tasked you with refilling all the inkwells in the Arithmancy department.  Without gloves.  Since your hands are going to be black with ink by the time you're done, you might as well craft something all black so you don't risk staining it.  For this challenge you must complete a craft that is entirely black.

~*Challenge Badges*~

« Last Edit: February 03, 2014 10:10:39 AM by Mistress Jennie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2013 12:58:09 PM »

Our newest Witches of the Week are...

Audania1 for her beautiful Red Riding Hood Embroidered Journal.

netchez for her stunning Slythering Afghan.

noodle-bug for her adorable Bear Hood, and poem.

To claim your badge, just click the image; it will open another window with a larger image, which you can right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to use your badges: as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges.

Previous Witches of the Week
Nicajeanie for her Holiday Door Decoration
tiamatfire for her Christmas Quilt Set!

***Please note that Witch of the Week is a bi-weekly event.***
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014 11:17:19 AM by Mistress Jennie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Partnering | city.ballet.
Designing LED Lit 3D Printed Speakers
Designing the LED Space Helmet
Yves Behar on Product Design in the Future
Donna Karan: Fashion Designer & Philanthropist
Latest Blog Articles
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...