A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,564
Currently Running With Scissors:
407 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 78834 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #830 on: February 28, 2014 06:56:56 PM »

@pinkleo:  The memory wire bracelet came out great.  I love red and teal together.

@Fiber Alchemist:  I'm in LOVE with your quilted tote!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Moonflame
« Reply #831 on: February 28, 2014 07:50:38 PM »

Acadian Driftwood  AWESOME snitch hat! Smiley

FiberAlchemist  WOW!  I really love that library tote!!!

I totally forgot to post this earlier!  My 5th DA challenge!

Challenge: DA - Lessons with Harry - #1 Impediment jinx
S.P.E.W. - n/a
House: Hufflepuff
Project Description: I organised my craft stuff up on this slatwall system.  I got TOTALLY lucky and scored a bunch of hooks and shelves at the local Archiver's when they were going out of biz this month, so I was able to get my stuff sorted and stored neatly.  It's so much easier to find stuff!  And I love the long hooks for spools of ribbon and washi tape! Smiley  (Far right)
Project Pic:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #832 on: February 28, 2014 08:10:12 PM »

Ooops, I forgot to post this one yesterday!  Since I neglected to take a picture of it before I sent it off, I'm borrowing My_RubySlippers's receiving picture that she posted in the February ATC Gallery.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Join the DA: Lessons with Harry - Shield Charm
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name:
"Escape from the Emerald City: A Steampunk Fantasy" ATC
Brief Description: In making this ATC, I sought to craft a small, portable charm for travelers to carry in order to protect them from the forces of Wickedness when traveling in faraway and unfamiliar lands.  In the course of researching various Shield Charms, I came across the magical oeuvre of a mythological witch named Dorothy Gale. Dorothy's magical Ruby Slippers, along with the blessings of another powerful witch named Glinda the Good, protected her from Wickedness during her time in the Land of Oz.  I sought to replicate the same powerful magic when casting my Shield Charm on this ATC.
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: February 28, 2014 08:23:07 PM by vincentvanbuck » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
  • Mini 13 Days of Halloween R. 6

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
netchez
« Reply #833 on: February 28, 2014 08:13:06 PM »

Just a note... MidkiffsJoy was trying to post about six projects when her phone quit on her. All her pictures and info is stored on her phone.  So she just finally gave up and went to bed (crying). Hopefully, next semester will be better. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #834 on: February 28, 2014 08:50:15 PM »

*pops in all disheveled with a pile of projects in my arms*

I meant to have a lot more done by the end of this semester! I have just had so much go on with my family and all the medical stuff we have been going through that I didn't have the time to do as much as I normally do, but I do have quite a few assignments to turn in here in the last hour!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DA Lessons with Harry: Disarming
SPEW: n/a
House:Slytherin
Project Name: Mind clearing doodle

For this project we were supposed to get rid of something standing in the way of completing a project, and often when I sit down to do some art or a craft I have a lot of little wiggles and random thoughts to get out so sometimes I do a doodle first to clear my mind and help me focus on my more structured task. Here is one of those mind clearing doodles:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DA: Lessons With Harry: Impediment Jinx
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Soft Lacy Red Scarf

For this project we were supposed to create something that stops something so I created a soft lacy red scarf to stop the cold wind from hitting the wearers face.

Class/Challenge/House Pride:DA: Lessons With Harry: Reductor Curse
Project Name: Tiny T-Rex painting

For this project I decided to draw a little sketchy t-rex with a vivid watercolor background. As you know Dinosaurs are very very big so to reduce one down to a 5x7 painting is a seriously effective use of the reductor curse.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DA: Lessons With Harry: Protean Charm
Project Name: Peacock Lady Drawing

Since the new year I have been trying to draw every day and focus more on my fine art. This peacock lady is one of those daily drawings and also fits this assignment because she is in disguise as a peacock.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: January Detention
Project Name:Lucky Cat Drawing

WIP. I started this drawing a while ago and didn't pick it up until a few days ago and finished it My breakthrough was the addition of the cat. At that point it went from just a doodle to an actual art piece. I'm pretty proud of it.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: February Detention: All Black
Project Name: All Black Doodle

For this project I again called upon my desire to draw something every day even if it is just a doodle. This one turned out rather elaborate and all black so I felt it appropriate for this assignment.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Divination
Project Name: Arachnomancy, weaving a web of warmth.

For this assignment I studied the intricate weaving of spider webs and decided to weave a web of warmth by making this blue lacy scarf.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: History of Magic
Project Name: Free Pen Drawing

As an artist materials can get pretty expensive, but if you are resourceful you can find less expensive and even free things to make art with. A few years ago I noticed the frequency at which free pens are given out in our society, free pens come from everywhere from doctor's offices to trade conferences and hotels. The free pens you collect in your life can tell a story of where you have been and the kind of daily business you conduct. I have always wanted to do a large art series based on these ideas. So for this assignment I used a free pen that I got at the W hotel in Dallas and made a small drawing to practice and get to know what it feels like to draw with these types of pens for a future larger project. Here is my little free pen drawing:

I seem to draw sugar skulls a lot when I don't know what else to draw, but the cala lilies were a new thing for me so drawing them allowed me to stretch a little.

There are my last minute turn ins. I hope to have a lot more next semester. Including that OWL I promised I was going to finish!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
ladychris2010
« Reply #835 on: February 28, 2014 09:40:01 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
Project Name: Be our guest
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description:Please be our guest is the request made to Belle in the tale as old as time of Beauty and the Beast. A tale where because of a cruelty of a prince to a disguised witch who asked for assistance, the prince and every servant in the castle were magically transformed to await a time where the prince would fall in love and be loved in return before the last petal of a rose fell. A candelabra was such an object that one of the servants was turned into.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Started a craftalong for Sailor Moon fans. Come join in!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430909.msg5147318#msg5147318
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #836 on: February 28, 2014 09:42:53 PM »

~*The Spring 2014 Semester is OPEN*~

Please note that all enchantments, protection charms, and house points spells will be dissolved in the morning, when Headmistress pinkleo awakens and has, in hand, her first cup of coffee.  Until then, you may post your last Winter projects.  Good night! Cool

Oh...also note that some of your classrooms and common rooms are under a bit of construction.  Please bear with us as we transfer winter to spring. Thanks! Grin
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014 08:14:51 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #837 on: March 01, 2014 08:16:53 AM »

~*The Winter 2013/2014 Semester has ended*~

Henceforth, all enchantments, protection charms, and house points spells have dissolved.
Thank you to all the students who joined us this winter.

Your End of Term Feast will be March 5-10, 2014.

I hope to see you in the Spring 2014 Semester
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ErinAquaheart
« Reply #838 on: March 01, 2014 08:44:38 PM »

Just a little end of term love!

Audania1--- AHHHHH!!!!! The Avengers Cross Stitch is amazing! So awesome!

FiberAlchemist--- the little green lion make me sqwee! I love him. Too cute!

Pinkleo--- The DoD bracelet is great.  I love the color combo but I think that I like the bead shape choices even more!

Magpirate--- I have wanted to do an art wall in our hallway for a while but haven't figured out how to place it so that our rambunctious orange tabby doesn't knock them off the wall while he runs UP the wall  Roll Eyes
            --- And the Celtic Alphabet designs are great! I don't really do knots...I'm much better at undoing them than making them in the first place... Tongue  And your Pi Bracelet made me smile.  What an original idea. Cute!

And to everyone else---I'm about to get kicked out of Starbucks (my source of internet access) so I just have to leave you all with lots of these

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

ya....that about sums up how I feel about all the end of term project dump projects! LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #839 on: March 02, 2014 02:54:38 PM »

My last Oohs and Ahhs for the semester.

Moonflame I cant wait to see the finished scarf! Thats an awesome way to store ribbon and tape! Im going to have to find me some long hooks now.
Acadian Driftwood The snitch hat is adorable! And the mutant doll is lovely!
FiberAlchemist The jade lion is so cute! The dish clothes and scrubbies are awesome! The skirt and scarfs turned out great! The bag and the keyholder are fantastic!
pottermouth He is so adorable and his overalls are so cute!!!
DragonChilde The pin and pendant are both lovely! And the match box is a fantastic idea! I love those chocolate oranges and if any lotion smells like that it has to be awesome!
Audania1 WOW! I love it! Its the perfect nerdy pattern!
vincentvanbuck I love the steam punk Oz idea, so clever!
TechnicolorAquahearts Your doodles are delightful! Seriously your drawings are gorgeous! And the scarfs colors are awesome!
ladychris2010 It looks just like him! Awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Make A Simple Logo
How To Add Styles In Fireworks
How To Turn Yourself Into A Zombie in Photoshop
How To Import Your PSD Layout Into Dreamweaver Part 2/2
How To Import Your PSD Layout Into Dreamweaver Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...