A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,488
Currently Running With Scissors:
565 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 78454 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #780 on: February 22, 2014 05:24:41 AM »

Please Head to the Quidditch Pitch to see the current score!! It is quite close!!!

The final will be open until the end of the semester.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #781 on: February 22, 2014 09:57:10 AM »

rockmygypsysoul - It is a beautiful project indeed.  I Pinned the tutorial you posted on the project page.

noodle-bug - The heat pad looks great!  I love the idea of the rainbow hexie accents, and they look smashing on top of the dark gray linen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
  • Mini 13 Days of Halloween R. 6

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #782 on: February 22, 2014 11:09:05 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress...

For those of you who obsessively, um, routinely check the House Points totals, I will be going through the process of updating later tonight/early tomorrow.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #783 on: February 23, 2014 07:21:26 AM »

~*Headmistress Jennie casts the Homonculous Charm - We are here!*~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #784 on: February 23, 2014 09:20:52 AM »

Noodle-bug: The rose is a chunk that I got from a necklace that I found at a dollar jewelry store.  It was on a plain chain and not very eye-catching.  I like it much better in its blinged out form.

Class: HoM
SPEW: NA
House: Slytherin
Project Name: When You Need Something New...Make Do With What You Already Got
Project Description: I long name for a very simple concept. I really needed a nice but pretty low profile necklace for myself, but I can't just go buy new necklaces every time I need one.  I wouldn't have any money left! SOOOO. The rose necklace is awesome but not a black everyday wear kinda thing.  So inspired by the rose necklace, the galaxy, and a simple lines I decided to make this sparkly thing.  Digging into my own stash and not going out for a new necklace definitely will help me save a few bucks over the next few weeks before my surgery.  Something Technicolor will appreciate when she needs snacks, and time away from my parents, while I'm in the hospital.

believe me! this is simple and low profile for me!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #785 on: February 23, 2014 10:20:38 AM »

Noodle-bug: The rose is a chunk that I got from a necklace that I found at a dollar jewelry store.  It was on a plain chain and not very eye-catching.  I like it much better in its blinged out form.

It's lovely, I'm glad you've been able to make the most of it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
coulsenl
« Reply #786 on: February 23, 2014 11:01:35 AM »

Class: Divination
Project Name: Spider Necklace
Beaded spider necklace

Class: Care of Magical Creatures
Project Name: Silver Wristband
Unicorns turn silver 2 years after their birth, I used this colour to knit a wristband
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #787 on: February 23, 2014 05:46:25 PM »

Class: Herbology
SPEW: n/a
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: My First Grandmother's Favorite Dishcloth
FREE Pattern Link: http://www.groupepp.com/dishbout/kpatterns/grfavorite.html
Brief Description: A classic pattern that I just had to give a go, and I love it.  It's super simple with fab results.  I am so happy to have this pattern because my wrist injury is not allowing me to crochet with cotton.  Luckily I can wield a variety of magic wands. Cool
Project Picture:

Challenge: Tomato Bean
Project Name: Rose Storm Slippers for My Mom
Brief Description: I was inspired to make a pair of cozy slippers for my Mom, who I love dearly.
Project Picture:

Class: Divination
Project Name: Coal Slippers
Brief Description: I have been studying the spider webs, and I have noticed that this term many have hidden snowflake patterns.  Upon further study, I came upon a snowflake web.  I have taken this as a sign that more cold weather is on its way.  To guard against this cold, I have been crocheting up slippers (and enchanted them with a warming charm) for friends and loved ones.
Project Picture:
~*snowflake web*~

Class: Apparition
Project Name: Shell Cottage Slippers
Brief Description: I apparated north to the outskirts of Tinworth, Cornwall, England; my exact apparition location was Shell Cottage.  I was inspired by the soothing colors of this beauty location, and I decided to use these colors to whip up a pair of slippers.
Project Picture:

Class: SoAR
SPEW: Afghans for Pine Ridge
Project Name: Blueberry PRR Square
FREE Pattern Link:Bouncy Ball Pattern which I hooked up with the following modifications to make it 12": CIRCLE: continued the circle for 8 rounds, arriving at 96 stitches. BORDER: +2dtr, ch2, 2dtr in one st (corner), 1 dtr, 2 tr, 2 dc, 2 hdc, 9sc, 2 hdc, 2 dc, 2 tr, 1 dtr+ Rep ++ around. Then worked, 3 Rounds of dc, doing 2dc, ch2, 2dc in corner ch2-spaces  ...psst, this is the same pattern I used above.
Brief Description: I want reflect Wunjo by warding off woe & sorrow by providing warmth and compassion to those in need.   I have chosen to grab my trusty wand and whip up a 12" blanket square that will be used to create a blanket for those in need at the Pine Ridge Reservation. 
Project Picture:

Class: Transfiguration
SPEW: Afghans for Pine Ridge
Project Name: Kumquat PRR Square
FREE Pattern Link: Bouncy Ball Pattern...same mods as above
Brief Description: The tale The Frog Prince clearly shows the transfiguration of a frog to a man (well, rather a reversal of the transfiguration of a man into a frog....either it was a spell awry or that man must have really wronged the wrong witch).  So I have studied variations of this muggle tale and noticed many have mentioned how the "princess" (aka witch) met this "frog" when her ball landed in a pond.  I decided to display my research using the Bouncy Ball Pattern to hook up a square.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WhistleFish
« Reply #788 on: February 23, 2014 08:10:57 PM »

Hello there! I've got three orders of business. First order of business: Gryffindor Tower has been updated! So have the Muggle Studies and History of Magic classrooms.

Second....a submission for a swap I just completed....

Class: Care of Magical Creatures
SPEW: N/A
Project Name: Affirmation/Inspiration Bag
Brief Description: You may or may not know that unicorns are a valuble source of inspiration to the creative folk and for the believers that there could be something mystical out there. I participated in the Affirmation Swap and this bag is what I made for my partner. Just as the unicorn inspires us, I made this bag to inspire her. (She liked it!)
Normal larger book sized bag. I removed the canvas colored straps and sewed on longer matching black ones and used my Silhouette to attempt iron-on vinyl for the first time. (There may have been lots of swearing and lots of ruined expensive vinyl...)
Project Picture: (Apologies for the crappy picture.)

Third order of business: Comments for all you awesome craftsters!
@ noodle-bug: I love your throw! Its just so chunky and awesome looking. I love the colors you picked. Great OWL! And why havent I thought of a heat pad like that?? I want to make one!! (Although mine will only be half as pretty, but Im okay with that.) I love the gray with rainbow hexie combination.
@ Mistress Jennie: I love that teatime fabric!! I cant wait to see the finished project! Also, I hope you and your staff  are feeling better!
@ jenleahlynn: Your chandelier turned out beautiful! I would have never guessed it was a lamp shade before.
@ Audania1: An hour prep time for the pot pie?! I am not a cook whatsoever and that just seems crazy to me. Haha. I bet it was delish! I also adore your elf hanging. So cute. And that baby blanket.perfect for a little woodland theme. Your Frozen dress is awesome! Great job pulling it off in time. (And thank you for the complimentsLunas a pretty good name, right? Lol.)
@ vincentvanbuck: I saw these ATCs while I was looking through the ATC boards. Its such a clever idea! (the little windows)
@ BadWolf314: Did you use the marker to sketch using the Cameo? I havent used thoseit turned out awesome! So many pretty cards too! And holy moly I love the quidditch shirt! What kind of vinyl or paint type stuff did you use for it?
@ Nicajeanie: LOVE that scarf. You did a wonderful job! And that gingerbread cake looks amazing. Ive only had gingerbread cookies and I think it would be so tasty in cake form. Also, I love the Quidditch bat doggie toy. He looks so content with it. Smiley
@ pottermouth: Did you do this using scissors!?!? Im amazed!!! And what a cute little mouse!!!!! I would have a hard time sticking pins in her. Shes too cute.
@ Inselaeffchen: Love the mini books! Theyre so well done. Cheesy I love the Sherlock mug rug as well!
@ Moonflame: Perfect little Hufflepuff hex! (As for my sewingcrisp and clean? Hehe. My pictures may have been taken in such a way to hide certain things.lol. But thank you!) Also, for your cat toy pictures.I totally thought that last picture was blood at first. I had to re-read to make sure I figured out what happened. Lol. Additionally, now I feel like drinking tonight when I sit down to crank out some crafts.
@ Acadian Driftwood: What a beautiful rainbow bracelet! Kind of makes me want to make some again. Hehe.  Your shirts turned out wonderfullyit kind of looks like a galaxy, doesnt it?
@ coulsenl: A handwarmer is perfect! I couldnt even imagine how cold it is up in Canada. (I may or may not being enjoying a nice almost 70 degree day here in California) Smart idea for the color dominos! I might have to make some of these for my little Bean once shes a tad older.
@ pinkleo: Soyour oven goes out and you pretty much redo half your houseI like your thinking! Haha.  Mmmfruit dip, no oven required and oh so delicious. Beautiful washcloth as well.  I hope your wrist starts feeling better ASAPthats the worst for a crocheter.
@ ErinAquaheart: YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY! I am SO happy for you. That is GREAT news! (Great shirt!) I also really like that fabric you used for your little coin purse. At first I thought it was like a paper envelope thing with scrap paper but then I realized it was fabric. So shiny!
@MamanTattoo: Those little overalls are too cute!!!
@ jellybean89: Those cookies look SO good. Mmmm Lovely crocheted goodies. Youve got some lucky shelter cats near you.
@ gaudiknight: Welcome!!! Were always happy to see a new face.  Your shawl is GORGEOUS!!! It must have taken forever. I love the color you picked out as well. Beautiful gloves as well. Its things like this that make me wish I could knit properly.
@ blupaisan: That box is amazing!!! I absolutely love the first layer. What a way to show your love. And how awesome that you guys are in this group together! Such amazing jokes too. What are the cut out texts from for the first layer?
@ rockmygypsysoul: Awesome cards! And we would never accuse you of flaking on is. Life gets busy and thats perfectly okay. Cheesy I love your paintinghow awesome is that?
@ midkiffsjoy: Lovely hat! So well done! And I love love love the stationary holder. So classy and pretty. Dont you just wanna write some letters now?
@ netchez: Youve been doing lots of crocheting! Beautiful scarves!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #789 on: February 23, 2014 08:19:56 PM »

Class: Potions
Project Name: Tote on Fire
Brief Description: This pattern of multiple pieces took a extra watchful eye to follow the intricate charts and directions so that everything fit together precisely...and with this being my first go with this particular pattern, I took even extra care.
Project Picture:

Class: Astronomy
Project Name: Improv Mitts
Brief Description: I was inspired by the icy surface of Europa when creating these mitts, using just the cool colors of a skein of Bernt Mosaic Psychedelic.  For those who desire to make their own pair, the notes I jotted down...

ch25 with J hook
switch to I hook
Row 1: sc across, then slst in last st
Row 2: working on opposite side of chain, ch1, hdc across, join to form ring
Round 3-10: ch1 , hdc around
now working in rows again, meaning turning at end
Row 11-15: ch1, hdc across (@end of Row 14: join to form round again)
Round 16-18: ch1, hdc around, join with slst
Round 19: ch1, sc round, join & finish off

Project Picture:

Challenge: DA-Reductor Curse
Project Name: Net Scrubbie
Brief Description: Tiny (3"@widest) but mighty scrubbie was created by using a "yarn" created by breaking/cutting down 1/2-yard of net into 2" strips, and then those strips tied together with overhand knots (don’t pull too tight or you will rip netting).  The pattern I winged & jotted was as follows:

ch4, join with slst to make ring
(NOTE: worked in continuous rounds, knots tucked on inside, also stuffed with extra net in round 8 to add body to scrubbie)
1. 8sc in ring
2-4. 2sc in each sc
5-6. sc around
7-10. dec (2sc tog)around
FO & tuck tail into scrubbie

Project Picture:

Class: Arithmancy
Project Name: Owlphelia
Brief Description: I seem of late to be focusing on the number one, so I embraced it for my Arithmancy homework.  To show I did a bit of research on my number before submitting my project.  One-1-The Sun:  This is the number of the individual, the solitary unit. One primarily deals with new beginnings, strong will and pure energy. For personality number charting, ones are independent, focused, and determined. They set a goal and stick to it. They are leaders and inventors. Ones find it difficult to work with others and don't like to take orders. They can be self-centered, egotistical, and domineering. They are often loners.  I have created one owl using one type of material (cotton).
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014 08:20:32 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Baby Booty Soles Part 1/5
How to Crochet Baby Sneakers Part 1/13
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 4/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 6/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 7/29
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...