A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 305,025
Currently Running With Scissors:
716 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 82762 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 30, 2014 11:20:48 AM »

"fuzzybutt..." cracked me up!  Grin

That frost is beautiful! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
Moonflame
« Reply #581 on: January 30, 2014 11:36:41 AM »

DragonChilde  Your shrines are beautiful!

Blupaisan  That's an awesome bird feeder!  And I love the pics.  Sooooo cute!  The frost is crazy!  And I love what you did with the Goodwill sheet.  SO much better than boring black! Smiley

I have a fun class project to turn in:

Challenge: Dumbledore's Army - Lessons With Harry - Stunning Spell
Project Name: Mossy Moss
Project Description: If you've ever seen The IT Crowd, I think you'll agree that Maurice Moss has absolutely STUNNING hair!  Cheesy  I wanted to make a quick case for my dd's phone to protect it until she could make whatever she finally settles on.  I've been meaning to try colourwork for ages, and this was a nice way to jump into it!  The pattern can be found here.  I added a button loop, and a transparent green button, but you can barely see it in the pic, LOL! The other modification I made was to cast on 36 stitches instead of 18.  I bound off the bottom by evenly dividing the stitches between two needles and using the same 3 needle crochet-hook bind-off that I use for hexipuffs.  Then I only had to seam it up one side.  Grin
Project Pic:

And a Bean. Smiley

Challenge: Certie Bott's Bean - Coffee
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Three Cups of. . . Coffee
Project Description: 3 tiny cups of coffee to grace my girls' book bags.  I ended up felting the roving a bit to keep it under control.  One has a tiny swirl of cream.
Project Link: http://milkyrobot.blogspot.com/2010/12/tiny-cup-of-coffee-free-pattern_03.html
Project Pic:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014 12:57:48 PM by Moonflame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #582 on: January 30, 2014 04:33:34 PM »

coulsenl, what a cool idea to paint with coffee! I wonder if I could get any kind of definition using it to paint on fabric?

blu, I love your birdie pavilion!

Moonflame, Moss DOES have stunning hair! I love that pattern - bookmarked it for myself!

Class: Alchemy
Project Name: Gold flowers
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=318808.0 (not my post, but great tutorial!)
Brief Description: I used flame to transmute synthetic fabric into lovely gold flowers! Not sure yet what I'll use these for, maybe hair clips?

Class: Study of Ancient Runes
Quidditch: Catch the snitch for Hufflepuff!
Project Name: Quidditch ball flash drive decoration
Brief Description: This Christmas, I gave blupaisan a book on tape - that I recorded myself! What book you ask? Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone! I have her the digital files on this USB drive decorated with two bludgers, a quaffle, and a jingle bell golden snitch!

The little back story is that when Harry Potter was first coming out, I kept bugging her to read them, but she thought she wouldn't like them. So I read them out loud to her, and she ended up loving them! We read the whole series like this. Then I "grew up" (hah) and moved out, but I know we both missed it. This was a gift of joy and family, which I think is perfect for Wunjo. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #583 on: January 30, 2014 06:30:06 PM »

Acadian! This is just awesome! I love love love it! (story included!) what a lovely gift Smiley

Moonflame, those coffee are really cute Smiley

Now I seriously need to make some Quidditch points if we ever want to act like we had a chance of participating in the finals!!! C'mon Gryff people, score some points too!! (I'll update Quidditch tomorrow, in my massive update)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Nicajeanie
« Reply #584 on: January 30, 2014 08:16:35 PM »

Challenge: New Years Resolution
Project Name: Milk Magnet
Project Description: My resolution this year is to drink more milk which I historically have not been good at. Doing much better so far.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nicajeanie
« Reply #585 on: January 30, 2014 08:29:40 PM »

Challenge: DA - Stunning Spell
Project Name: Mom's Wire Pendent
Project link: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/507921664196129689/
Project Description: I made this wire pendent for my Mom for Christmas. It is stunning on her green sweater!
Project Picture:

Challenge: DA - Room of Requirement
Project Name: Peace Cards
Project Description: I made a variety of Christmas card sets for friends. This Peace card was one. I believe PEACE is something this world is in great need of.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stillatthetop
« Reply #586 on: January 30, 2014 08:58:41 PM »

Great items, Nicajeanie. I believe in Peace, too. And a wonderful charm for Mom. I will bet it looks good on anything she wears it with. I love the little blossoms. And how airy and dainty it is.

I don't drink milk...but I eat a lot of cheese  Grin The soy milks are not too bad, but I don't tend to drink those, either.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
blupaisan

crayyyyyyzeeeeeee about cats!!!

« Reply #587 on: January 31, 2014 07:58:35 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans
Project Name: Brush Holder
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) What a boring undecorated coffee can I used to have to hold my paint brushes! I yanked a coffee bag out of the cupboard and turned it into a brush holder. Of course I had to decorate it with real beans... Even after soaking them for 24 hours, fifty percent crumbled when I put a needle thru them. I used green embroidery thread to match the Green Mountain logo.
I also added a strip of old towel for brush wiping. So I no longer have to walk around in public with smears of paint on my pants, which is where I normally wipe my brush, after looking around desperately at the table for some suitable cloth...
I weighted the thing down inside. Normally, one uses nice sand but here in Vermont in the dead of winter, what is available to us is the gravel from the trunk of our cars that awaits the next icy driveway. I put two snack bags of this in the bottom. Nice weight.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

It were lightnin'...
IsikkahJai

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

« Reply #588 on: January 31, 2014 12:25:56 PM »

OHH My GOSH!!!!!  Shocked HufflePuff house blew up this semester  Grin

Hi y'all and happy winter! Just wanted to pop in and see some familiar faces and catch up on all the Harry Potter Goodness! The 2nd Deathly Hallows movie was on TV the other day and made me miss all the red/yellow/green/black/grey and blue  Cheesy

Keep studying wizards and witches, young and younger!!  Grin

X_X and as a side note....I can't believe I haven't completed my O.W.L. -_- I can't believe I'm still listed as having one Grin Hee hee...I'm going to be a Hogwarts super senior (Year 8,9,10....) xD LOL!! Maybe time to break out the ol' sewing machine and finish it eh? Wink
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014 12:34:21 PM by IsikkahJai » THIS ROCKS   Logged
rockmygypsysoul

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

« Reply #589 on: January 31, 2014 01:28:15 PM »

A world of congrats to MistressJennie AND AntBee!  What awesome major life changes!!

Acadian - Lovely flowers!!  Every time I try, they get burned.  I don't know why I'm so incapable but I really want them to use on mixed media pieces  Undecided

Moonflame - the page was adjusting and before I could read your words I saw the picture and I was certainly stunned!  Shocked  I do so love Moss AND his hair!

Loving all the different projects - I've been pretty silent lately since I've been in major swap mode but I have a couple things to post this weekend and even more once packages get to their destinations  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Rat Your Hair
How to Make Thin Hair Look Lush
Making Dreadlocks
How to Make an Avocado Mask for Dry Hair
How to Make a Quick Homemade Hair Mask
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...