A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 298,750
Currently Running With Scissors:
622 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 85282 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 26, 2014 03:40:50 PM »

vincentvanbuck~ That is a lovely painting. I adore the colors of the sky. I bet those puzzles both look fantastic.
jellybean89~ The kitties at your local animal shelter sure are some lucky critters. I like your ticket shadowbox. What a lovely piece of scrapbooking paper.
netchez~ What a fantastic color for a hat. Great job on the doll accessories. your shopping bag looks wonderful.
Magpirate~ I love your super secret swap project!
Nicajeanie~ What a great scarf, I bet your co-worker loves it. Those pictures are fantastic for a blank wall. I love the color scheme in those boots/
Mistress Jennie~ Yet another fantastic bracelet! You never cease to amaze me.
ErinAquaheart~ What lovely gifts to help Olivia and her sister through such a hard time. I adore the heart embellishments.
MamanTattoo~ That is a cute lunchbox. I really like how your kids help you with crafts and such.
Acadian Driftwood~ That is a fantastic throw pillow! Your cowl looks very warm, I positively love the color. That savings box is very very pretty. I especially like the butterflies. Great ATCs! What cute Inchies. I adore the fabric your used for wallets.
midkiffsjoy~ The doll you made looks fantastic! I really like the dress as well.
pottermouth~ Your NEWT looks great so far.
Naantje~ What a fantastic storage solution. Your papers look much neater now.
BadWolf314~ Those hats are adorable.
noodle-bug~ That is a really cute hood.
Moonflame~ I suppose I cannot fault you for Loki's foolhardiness.
coulsenl~ What lovely drawings. I especially like your green lion.
jenleahlynn~ That Snowcream sounds delicious. We rarely get enough snow in Seattle to do anything edible with it. I really like your bracelet. What a wonderful quilled rose.

Advanced Studies Friday Sunday
I made some progress this week on my NEWT. I finished collecting information on the Futhark runes and found another chant for scrying with crystal. To finish collecting information on scrying, I only need to find (or write) chants for wax and smoke scrying. Then I can move one to Tasseomancy. If you want to take a look at the information I have collected so far, you can see it here.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014 03:43:59 PM by DragonChilde » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #551 on: January 26, 2014 07:51:00 PM »

QUIDDITCH NEWS:

Showing no mercy for the House of Ravenclaw, Slytherin WINS! , slythering their way to the top of the ranking.

CURRENT RANKS:
1.Slytherin : 440
2.Houfflepuff : 300
3.Ravenclaw 120
4.Gryffindor 50

Now it's on Gryffindor and Houfflepuff to show their worth. Could any of those find a way to the finals that will put the top 2 rankers agaisnt each other to win the cup??

Head to the Quidditch Pit to see the challenge and participate!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Magpirate
« Reply #552 on: January 26, 2014 08:11:51 PM »

Catching up...

Mistress Jennie, that Dr. Who necklace looks fantastic!  Your burritos sound really yummy, as well as being quick and convenient meals.  Those slippers are great!  Your earrings look really good too, and the chocolate pie sounds delicious!

Naantje, your goddaughter looks like she loves her new sweater.  Smiley

TechnicolorAquahearts, your lion picture is so cute and fun!

Holy crap tiamatfire, that cross-stitch birth announcement is amazing!  You did a wonderful job.

Linakins, your little poppet is adorable!

vincentvanbuck, great job on the Fire hoopla!  I like the second varigation technique best, I think it looks more fiery than the gradual transition.

netchez, I really like your Slytherin afghan, it looks great!

MamanTattoo, all of your dolls are fantastic!  I am in awe of your skills.  Smiley

Avesthel, your rings are beautiful!  I especially love the dew drop ring, I like the asymmetry of it.  The necklace is lovely too!

rockmygypsysoul - Congratulations on completing your NEWT!  Your paintings are amazing!  I like the foggy look in the background of the one with trees, and the mountain looks absolutely gorgeous!  Great job on the reflection in the Northern Lights one.  I love all the detail on the whale!  I can't believe you've never used oils before, you did a fantastic job!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Apparition class
Quidditch - Catch the Snitch for Ravenclaw!
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: The Moose Jaw Meteorites
Brief Description: I apparated north to Canada for a Quidditch scrimmage between the Stonewall Stormers and the Moose Jaw Meteorites.  The Meteorites won, and performed their traditional victory lap trailing sparks from their brooms!  I made this scraper board sketch to commemorate their victory.  I tried to make it look like the only light in the image was coming from the broom-tail sparks, but I'm not sure how well I got the point across...
Project picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Astronomy class
Project Name: Homemade Pasta Alfredo
Brief Description: Europa is one of the smoothest moons in the solar system, and it's covered in ice, which is white.  For this project I made a smooth, white sauce from scratch to cover my pasta and chicken and peas.  (Then I ruined the smooth part by covering it with parmesan cheese.)  I'd never made a roux (rue?) before so it was kind of intimidating.  But I only had to start over once!
Project Picture:

Homemade Alfredo Sauce
(If you need to cook any meat, do that ahead of time, because the the roux cooks up pretty quickly.  Also thaw your veggies if necessary and put your pasta on to boil before you start.  And go ahead and measure your ingredients and have them sitting in a handy place - I burned the butter on my first go-round because I was fumbling around with measuring spoons when I should have already been putting the flour in.)

1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour
1 cup milk
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste

Cook butter over medium-low heat until bubbly but not browning.  Add the flour and mix it up really well.  (I stirred pretty much constantly after this point.)  Cook until it just starts to brown, then slowly add the milk while stirring or whisking.  Cook and stir until smooth and creamy.  The sauce will boil before gelling.  (Gelling is what you want to happen.)  Add parmesan cheese and garlic, still stirring.  When the sauce has reached a consistency you like, pour it over your pasta and enjoy!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Study of Ancient Runes class
Quidditch - Score a goal for Ravenclaw, 'cause my bike is fast like a Firebolt!  Cheesy
Project Name: Cheaper Than Therapy
Project Page Link: Vroom!
Brief Description: I was in a piss-poor mood earlier today for no reason at all.  Luckily it was a gorgeous day, so rather than sit around and wallow in misery I made myself take my motorcycle out for a ride.  Riding never fails to bring me joy and restore my natural (but occasionally misplaced) optimism.  When I got back I drew this picture of my beautiful bike.
Project Photo:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DA - Reductor Curse
Quidditch - Send a Bludger at Slytherin (used wood in my project)
Project Name: Another Super Secret Swap Project
Brief Description: It's tiny.  Smiley
Project Picture:  Another link.

Advanced Studies update!  I proposed a NEWT via PM about two weeks ago, since it's for a swap.  I have all the supplies now and I have started construction.  I have also changed my design a bit - after extensive research on my chosen subject I feel like I could better do it justice if I skipped the fabric covering.  I think I'll be able to make it much more detailed if I just use the base material.  I also have a few ideas for additional accessories...

*Edit* Dang, I was too late for the Quidditch points.  Cry  Oh well, it wouldn't have changed Ravenclaw's ranking anyway.  Can I give my Snitch points to Hufflepuff?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014 08:17:02 PM by Magpirate » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #553 on: January 27, 2014 06:38:58 AM »

noted Mag, the Puffs are starting strong ahead with your help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
blupaisan
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crayyyyyyzeeeeeee about cats!!!

« Reply #554 on: January 27, 2014 07:19:03 AM »

OWL Subject & Option(if available): Arithmancy OWL
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Spiraling ATC display
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques used, materials using, plan of action, expected timeline, etc.) I propose to use the number 7 to hang the ATCs I have received over the years from the ceiling of my new bedroom. I will make sure the spiral has seven layers. I have hundreds of cards to display yet a teeny tiny place to live. My ceiling seems the most likely (and safest from the cat) blank space to utilize. I now have to decide if I will use turquoise thread only (the color of that room) or if I will use two complementary colors such as turquoise and brown. I will find out during the project which is best. Since just washing my hair in the shower makes my arms scream, I believe this project will take several weeks in order to do just a few at a time due to my lack of muscle as I raise my arms over my head hundreds of times. Will do progress photos but in small detail only so the final pic will show the oooh and aaaah overall effect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It were lightnin'...
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #555 on: January 27, 2014 08:08:03 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Muggle Studies
House:Slytherin
Project Name:Haggis, Neeps & Tatties Soup
Brief Description:I LOVE the New Covent Garden Co. Soups, and I have several of their cook books. This soup here is one of my favourites, as we can use it for leftovers from the traditional Scottish "Haggis, Neeps & Tatties" for Burns Supper at Burns Night (25th January). It's SOOO easy to make, and tastes really nice - even my two "Hobbitses" tried it this year and loved it!! Smiley

Project Picture:

HAGGIS, NEEPS & TATTIES SOUP
Serves: 4
Cooking time: 45 minutes

half a small haggis, wrapped in foil
25g butter
3 small shallots, finely chopped
2 medium potatoes, diced
1 small swede (Scottish Turnip), diced
425ml vegetable stock
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
3 tablespoons Whisky (optional)

• Add the haggis to a saucepan of water, then simmer for 40 mins (or according to the instructions on the pack)
  • Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan, add the shallots, then cook until softened, without browning.
  • Add the potatoes, swede and stock, then bring to the boil. Cover, then simmer gently for 30 mins until the vegetables are tender. Season to taste.
  • Remove the haggis from its pan and remove the foil. Divide across the serving bowls, creating small piles in the centres.
  • Ladle the soup into the bowls, sprinkle with parsley and a splash of whisky, and then serve

ENJOY! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #556 on: January 27, 2014 08:49:42 AM »

noodle-bug The bear hood looks awesome!
vincentvanbuck I love the puzzles pieces, what a great idea for a small memento!
coulsenl The drawings are great and what a great tattoo idea!
Acadian Driftwood The wallets are adorable and the inches are perfect!
jenleahlynn The snowcream looks delicious! The bracelet and gloves turned out awesome! And the quilling looks cool!
Naantje Yay for filing systems! Its nice to know where everything is quickly.
Magpirate The swap project is so cute! The alfredo looks yummy! The motorcycle and quidditch team look awesome!
Inselaeffchen Yum! The soup looks delicious!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DA: Protean Charm
Project Name: Dalek Dishcloth
Project Link: http://holynarfcrafts.wikispaces.com/Doctor+Who+Simple+Dalek+Dishcloth
Brief Description: Although this may seem like just an ordinary dishcloth, it is actually one of the Doctors enemies. Also since it was my first knitting project it was a great learning experience and has a couple of small mistakes hidden in there as well. (Sorry the picture is a little blurry, with the flash on, the design kept disappearing!)
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: New Year Challenge
Project Name: Bookmarks
Brief Description: One of my goals this year is to read more. So I made these two bookmarks with two of my favorite quotes. I used my silhouette to cut them out and outline the letters and then I used some contact paper to make them last longer.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Potions
Project Name: Cyberman Dishcloth
Project Link: http://holynarfcrafts.wikispaces.com/Doctor+Who+Cyberman+V2+Dishcloth
Brief Description: This pattern required much counting and I had to make sure I followed the pattern exactly in order for the cyberman to appear. For my second knitting project Im pretty proud of how well it turned out.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #557 on: January 27, 2014 09:21:58 AM »

Ah, BadWolf314 - you found those wash/dishcloths as well?! Smiley LOVE the look of them, the Dalek was my first attempt in knit & purl, too! Looking good!! And those are the patterns I'll use for my OWL! Cheesy

Magpirate - love the scraper board, and the Pasta Alfredo looks really yummm!! Cheesy

And that's my start done with commenting on items. Hope I'll keep up with that from now on! Craft Procrastinator here... Shocked  but hope that'll change once the Hobbitses have gone to bed tonight, too!! Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
coulsenl
« Reply #558 on: January 27, 2014 10:34:19 AM »

Vincentvanbuck love those puzzle pieces.
Acadian Driftwood lovely inchies!
Jenleahlynn - your quilled rose is very pretty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #559 on: January 27, 2014 11:28:02 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress....

Our newest Witch of the Week for the semester has been posted!  Be sure to check the Witch of the Week Board to find out who it is!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Stay Comfy and Casual in Chunky Knits
Get Halloween Costume Inspiration from Nicole Richie
How to Spice Up an LBD with a Metallic Trim
Burgundy Leather - Celebrity Looks For Less
Bus Stop Style
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...