A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 299,132
Currently Running With Scissors:
731 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 87014 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #390 on: January 06, 2014 03:18:19 PM »

Wow! What an amazingly strong semester we have going here! I am so impressed by the variety of awesome projects I have seen. I don't have time to comment on everyone of them but they all deserve all the kudos that can be given! I am arriving at the castle late this semester because of the various medical issues Erin and I have had to stay at St. Mungos for. Even though I am arriving late I do have some homework to turn in so I am not totally behind.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DA: Drink at Hogshead and Quidditch (gift: Bludger to Gryffindor)
House: Slytherin
Project Name: gingerbreadmen
Brief Description: Erin and I made these together (I promise that both of us put in plenty of time and labor on these to be able to count them individually) She has the best gingerbread recipe. I did the decorating of the five in the picture. I brought them to our favorite coffee shop and gave them to the staff. They were quickly gobbled up. Cheesy

Project Picture:

Read more: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=429362.0#ixzz2pepI6au2

Here is the recipe:

1 stick of butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup molasses
1 egg
2 cups flour
1tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2tsp ginger
2tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
Note:
if you are an experienced baker you will notice the liberal amount of spices, that is because when we make our gingerbread we double what the average recipe calls for because we like them extra rich and extra fragrant. Erin has been asked many many times what her secret is to making the best gingerbread cookies ever, and the answer to that is the double spices and the use of all molasses and brown sugar instead of regular white sugar.

Beat butter with sugar and molasses. Mix in egg. Sift dry ingredients into and mix into wet mixture. Chill in refrigerator 2 hours or until firm enough to roll. Heat oven to 350. Roll to 1/4 thick (sometimes we make ours a little thicker) on floured board. cut with cookie cutters and place on greased baking sheets. bake 8-10 minutes. cool on cooling rack before icing.

The icing is Erin's own thing I don't even know how to write it down she just does it without a recipe but it is basic butter cream icing made with powdered sugar, butter, milk, and vanilla or almond flavoring.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: December Detention
House:Slytherin
Project Name: Monogram hoopla
Brief Description: I really enjoy making hooplas a few semesters ago I made my first one and I mentioned how I could get addicted to them. Well, this one was just as fun to make and circular too so it fits the detention assignment.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: BEAN: Gravy Quidditch (gift to my aunt: Bludger to Gryffindor)
Project Name: Lotus and Koi small watercolor painting
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Defense Against The Dark Arts Quidditch (gift to my cousin: Goal for Ravenclaw)
Project Name: Mixed Media Leopard Painting
Brief Description: This meets the requirements of this class because I made it for my cousin to hang on her boring wall and she hung it up in her room immediately after opening it Smiley
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology + SPEW Quidditch: (gift for person at cancer center: Goal for Ravenclaw)
Project Name: Hand Stitched Christmas Tree Ornament
Brief Description: This is a simple pattern that I made a while ago and laminated and I have made many of these just like this they are great to keep a few in my bag during the holidays to give to people. Erin and I have been hanging around a cancer center for her treatments, we are usually there for 12 or 16 hours, so I have made lots of these and just given them to people at the cancer center I wind up talking to. It fits the class because it is green and red (I'm counting the dk pink as red) and I guess since I used it as a gift of goodwill at the cancer center it counts as SPEW too.

Project Picture:

« Last Edit: January 06, 2014 03:28:31 PM by TechnicolorAquahearts » THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
butterflyangel
« Reply #391 on: January 06, 2014 04:16:36 PM »

@pinkleo: thanks :blush:

@Whistlefish: it's not so bad and yeah he said they're really warm so I'm so glad they were a success

@moonflame: thanks!  Cheesy

@MamanTatoo: that is so adorable! is there a pic with the baby wearing it?

@Mistress Jeannie: beautiful bracelet as usual

@TechnicolorAquaHearts: wow beautiful everything! The gingerbread men look so yummy, your watercolor is beautiful! Wow and what did you use for your leopard?

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Ladybug
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: So this isn't a painting of a holly, but it does have the colors red and green!  Cheesy This was a painting project  for class, painted with oil paint
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride:DADA
House:Gryffindor
Project Name: Ardor
Project Page Link
Brief Description: I made this as a Christmas gift for a friend out of melted crayons. It fits the class because it is now hanging in her bedroom on her boring wall lol
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #392 on: January 06, 2014 06:09:49 PM »

I'm so impressed with all the painting that's been going on the last few pages Smiley

Class: charms
House: ravenclaw
Raveclaw scavenger hunt: metallics
Project:  cross-dressing cow-boy postcard
My friend want's to be a cowgirl when she grows up (she's nearly 40, so that should be any day now). but the shop didn't have any cowgirl postcards. So I made a (white, sparkly printed) dress (see the silver metallic bits. very 2015, dAaarling...) for this cowboy to wear Cheesy
My origami is still rather... inelegant. But it's getting better. I made the dress a few times to get the dimensions right (or, right enough to pass muster anyway, still not perfect) as the drawing on the original card is one of those kind of subtly stylised ones that's unrealistically thin for the height*

(*look how restrained I am; I deleted all (except this bit) of my rant about the negative effect of mass-market culture on people's body image)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014 06:29:27 PM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #393 on: January 06, 2014 06:37:20 PM »

TechnicolorAquahearts, I LOVE your lotus and koi painting.

noodle-bug, the cross-dressing cowboy is wonderful! The way it pops up from the card makes it look like he's floofing it around like I do with dresses and skirts. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
Avesthel

<3 birds <3

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 06, 2014 08:17:02 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride:  Alchemy
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: two color, but 100% polyester fleece poncho
Brief Description:   This poncho is made from very soft 100% polyester fleece!   Smiley

Class/Challenge/House Pride:   Flying
Project Name:  Green poncho
Brief Description:   This poncho has colors of light green and an emerald green like the flames from floo powder.   Smiley

Class/Challenge/House Pride:  History of Magic
Project Name: multi color poncho
Brief Description:   This poncho is pieced together from scraps of fleece fabric which saved money since I did not need to go buy more fleece to finish it.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 07, 2014 08:49:04 AM »

Two weeks have gone by since I last posted. I don't have time for comments now but I will try to do some commenting later. I will say that I love everything that I have seen so far and it is great to see the Aquahearts again! Also, the Slytherin dungeon is updated with the most current point info. If I missed anything let me know.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Astronomy
Project Name: Europa Jar
Project Page Link (if available): None
Brief Description: When I think of Europa and the cold, I picture different icy blue almost, but not quite swirling together. When I took a brief break from studying Europa, I came up with this mason jar covered with polymer clay.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Apparition
Quidditch: Bludger against Ravenclaw
Project Name: Gnome
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description: I traveled to the northern edge of the Forbidden Forest and found a family of gnomes. As soon as I found my way back to the castle (you can't apparate in the castle grounds, you know. Its a good thing the very edge of the forest isn't officially a part of Hogwarts ground…) I made this little gnome for my mother who adores gnomes and had never seen any 'wild' ones before.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Flying
Project Name: Floo Powder Jar
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description: This jar will hold my family's supply of flop powder. The clay on the outside is green to represent the emerald green flames, white and glittery to represent the flop powder itself, and blue to reinforce the enchantment that prevents the floo powder flames from burning.
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014 09:07:26 AM by DragonChilde » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #396 on: January 07, 2014 08:59:24 AM »

Just catching up on some commenting and even though it's not Advanced Studies Friday I'll still post that I've started working again on my OWL. It's been long neglected and now I finally have some time to sit and work on it. I have about half the rows done and once I finish all of them, all I'll have to do is stitch them all together!

coulsenl Yum! Those ribs look good! The sugar scrub looks awesome and what a fantastic New Years Resolution!
Audania1 WOW! The art journal is gorgeous! And the hoopla and hat are both awesome!
Moonflame The patterns on the dishcloths are cool! Your yarn stash colors are lovely! WOW! The Mozetta turned out perfect! And the 1,000 things is a great idea!
noodle-bug The boxes turned out cool! I love the laptop case! What a great way to use up some of that extra thread! The origami dress turned out awesome!
Naantje The cardigan is adorable!
Acadian Driftwood I love the colors! I cant wait to see them finished! The snowflakes are ornaments are awesome!
jellybean89 Lovely hat and I love all the nerdy ornaments!!!!
ErinAquaheart The hoopla is lovely! I love the colors of the handwarmers! The sandwiches look delicious!!! And the door hanger and plaque are perfect! The bee hand warmers are Beeutiful! And the painting turned out awesome!
WhistleFish I couldnt believe how awesome your card was when I opened it! It makes me feel like Im not using my cameo up to its true potential!
Magpirate The cucumber tree and hat turned out awesome! And the candles and cards are both cool!
pottermouth Yum! Homemade marshmallows are the best! And the ATB is lovely!
butterflyangel I love the gloves, they turned out awesome! The painting and melted crayons turned out perfectly!
MamanTattoo Apparently I need to make me some marshmallows! Yum! And adorable sweater!
midkiffsjoy I agree with everyone else, you have a very lucky rat!
pinkleo I love the colors of the hat!
netchez Awesome hat!
Mistress Jennie I agree Alton Brown is the best! Your jewelry is lovely, as always! And I loved getting a special postcard from the Ministry of Magic in the mail!
tiamatfire WOW! The afghan is gorgeous!!! The cowl looks so warm and squishy!!! The bracelet is lovely! And the muffins look delicious!
TechnicolorAquahearts Yum, the gingerbread men look delicious! The hoopla and paintings are lovely! And the tree ornament is adorable!
Avesthel Those ponchos look so warm and cozy!
DragonChilde The jars are lovely! And the gnome is adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #397 on: January 07, 2014 12:04:05 PM »

Congratulations to noodle-bug for finding METALLICS in the Ravenclaw Scavenger Hunt!!  Here is your shiny new badge!!!

Future hunters can pick up their badges in the Ravenclaw Common Room.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014 12:50:37 PM by FiberAlchemist » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #398 on: January 07, 2014 01:01:23 PM »

A new Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean Mini-Challenge has been posted!  

What's this week's bean!?!?  Take the Portkey to the Deputy Headmistresses Office to find out!

Please note you are welcome to do any, all or none of these challenges as they come up throughout the semester.  They are not intended to cause stress, but are instead intended to get your crafty Muses singing.  Neither the Headmistress or I will complete ALL the classes and challenges posted this semester.  So relax, and craft what you love.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #399 on: January 07, 2014 07:51:36 PM »

I love the new Bean, Mistress Jennie!
And @everyone: Yay! there's a lot of participation in Quidditch and I receive a lot of Flying assigments, keep going!

Class: Fyling!
House: Gryffindor
Quidditch: Bludger to Ravenclaw!!
Name: Cheesy kids mug
Desc: We have a thing for mugs and tea cups. Our best is that we've been English in several previous life, seeing the amount of tea and coffee we drink in a day. The only glass we own has an handle. Thus, making a mug with our children on it would be the perfect thing for Papa to have in St.Muggo's (where he's studying) to keep the floo powder handy, for his principal destination each day is home. It says "Merry Winter Solstice!" Mariann chose the wintery layout. It took a lot of time and chocolate to get the 3 willing to pose for this!

..and as requested:

He does smile like that all the time. He's adorable. And why, yes, my kitchen is pink. (and that's the trunk Abbee made me!) And the weird pants are old sleeves that are sewn at the end. And I knit the flap too thight and it desesperatly needs ironning but I guess moving 3 times in a year made me loose my iron... Sad
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014 07:56:04 PM by MamanTattoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Making of the Wired Design Logo at TechShop, San Francisco
DIY Gourd Candles
Shinola: American Made Watches and Bikes
Folk Fibers: One-Of-a-Kind Hand-Stitched Quilts
How To Make A Spooky Halloween Spider Out Of PVC Pipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...