A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 304,867
Currently Running With Scissors:
414 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 82168 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #320 on: January 01, 2014 09:29:28 AM »

Class: OWL Completion D.A.D.A.
House: Ravenclaw
Title: Red Riding Hood embroidered art journal
Link: tutorial on book binding http://jamesdarrow.deviantart.com/art/Bookbinding-Tutorial-292237490  link to embroidery image http://www.urbanthreads.com/products.aspx?productid=UTH3562
Description:
I was in a Swap recently and one of my partners favorite characters is Red Riding Hood. I saw in her Pinterest that she's also a bit into the macabre and so I went with that route. This particular image (purchased from Urban Threads) shows Red not running from the Wolf, but reveling in it. I felt that he was cognizant and seemed like a Patronus, protecting her. As well, he seemed as Lupin was when he had taken his potion and was able to run with his friends as a wolf, retaining his memory. I embroidered the cover and then I also completely hand bound the book, which part I'd never done before and am quite proud of. It took FOREVER!!! I love it though. And when my fingers have recovered, I plan on making one for me and each of my kids in their favorite characters.
cover:

cover:

Inside beginning and end:

last page:

and front inside page:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #321 on: January 01, 2014 10:39:28 AM »

Gorgeous journal. Just gorgeous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #322 on: January 01, 2014 11:31:55 AM »

:: a small skiff magickally rowing itself at top speed barely stops moving as it plows into the shores of the Black Lake.  One long tentacle of the giant squid lazily shakes it's tip in her direction as Ant Bee flings herself from the little boat and hurls herself across the grounds and into the big front doors of the castle...::

Happy New Year, Fellow Hogwartians!

I hope everyone had a safe and happy evening last night and a wonderously crafty start to the new year.

I worked up a preemie hat while watching HP:SS (what's not to love there, right?) for S.P.E.W. so I'm back in action after my first Mall Store Manager holiday season (Jumpin' Gargoyles, I need a vacation!)

I'm not at my own house so Pics will follow at some point, but I wanted to stop in and say Hi, I've missed you lot somethin' fierce!

Have a great day!
Ant Bee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Linakins

Craft Hoarder

Will work for craft supplies!

« Reply #323 on: January 01, 2014 11:41:46 AM »

That journal is just amazeballs!!!

I got the book "Doodle Stitching: Embroidery and Beyond" to learn how to embroider. I hope I can get as good as you are!

Also

Happy New Year Everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft to preserve my sanity!

If you like my work and would be interested in a personal swap, please contact me!
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

« Reply #324 on: January 01, 2014 12:50:52 PM »

Thanks guys!

That journal is just amazeballs!!!

I got the book "Doodle Stitching: Embroidery and Beyond" to learn how to embroider. I hope I can get as good as you are!

Also

Happy New Year Everyone!

I seriously want this book!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moonflame
« Reply #325 on: January 01, 2014 01:17:24 PM »

Ha!  I love these new emoticons!  Smiley Roll Eyes

I have a few class entries, and then I'm going to get caught up. Smiley

Class: Divination
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Webby washies
Project Description: I was inspired by the intricacies of spiders' webs to make these washable face pads.  Like a web, they are worked round and round, and though a spider's web is much more delicate, they both involve concentration and careful work.  The pattern I used can be found here.
Project Pic:

Then I traveled North of Hogwarts castle and got a squint at some lovely tartan patterns.  I made a dishcloth using a pattern that reminds me of the woven look of various tartans, but I made it with non-tartan colours.

Class: Apparition
Project Description - not tartany, but a bit reminiscint of them when you look at the over-under appearance of the basketweave stitch.
Project Link: Basketweave Dishcloth
Project Pic:

I liked the texture so much, that I decided to make another, and let me tell you, by the time I was done with this one, I was very familiar with the pattern.  I got quite an education in 3s as I worked this, and became good at distinguishing where I was in the pattern by deciphering where I was in the groups of 3.  You can probably see in the 1st one where I made a mistake in my groups, because I hadn't yet learned to recognise where I was, but by the time I got to this one, I had it down.  It has further sybolism related to the number 3 in that it is useful in the kitchen before, during and after meal prep.  

Class: Arithmancy
Project Name: Weaves of 3
Project Description: A basketweave dishcloth based on groups of three stitches.  The pattern uses Front Post an Rear Post crochet techniques, which were both new to me.  There's one more 3 in this project because I ran out of yarn and ended up using the leftover ends of 2 other balls. (See top of cloth  Cheesy )  There are actually 3 different yarns in this, LOL!
Project Link: (see above)
Project Pic:

Now to catch up!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014 03:30:43 PM by Moonflame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
coulsenl
« Reply #326 on: January 01, 2014 02:10:38 PM »

Audania I love your book, just beautiful work

Ant bee - Christmas at the mall sucks. It was my first time managing last year and I hated every second. Enjoy the after Christmas lull, and if you are able to schedule yourself for a couple of days off in a row for the next few weeks then do it. It helped me recover faster to have a 'weekend'. More time to relax and craft.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #327 on: January 01, 2014 05:36:19 PM »

happy new year y'all Smiley

I've missed you lot somethin' fierce!

we missed you too! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Moonflame
« Reply #328 on: January 02, 2014 07:10:03 AM »

OK, I'm finally getting caught up on everything!  As Doge would say, "Such awesome!  So crafting!" ^_^

Tiamatfire, your quilt and pillows are GORGEOUS!  Congrats on your well-deserved WotW!!! Cheesy  Your GF cookies are so festive!  I have a couple of GF cookie recipies that I love, but I haven't worked on a sugar cookie one yet.  I think your oatmeal bags are a great idea!  And such a better alternative to the store-bought ones that are full of junk!  All your treats look so lovely!  I've never made nougat before, but after seeing your, I'm seriously considering it! Smiley  Your toddler crown and dolly nightgown are lovely.

Magpirate That's a great idea for a cat toy!  I bet Wheatley would LOVE one.  He's pretty toy-obsessed, LOL.  Very cranberry! Smiley

Coulsenl Your Shepherd's Pie looks awesome!  You It looks like you had a lot of cosy kitchen time, what with that and the cake and cookies and BBQ ribs! Smiley  I love your New Year's resolution! (and bookmark!)  What a wonderful resolution! Smiley  Oh and that sugar scrub looks and sounds divine!

Jellybean89 That blue scarf looks so snuggly!  I'm really craving lots of chunky knitted and crocheted items right now, because it's really cold and snowy here!

Noodle-bug Those socks are beautiful!  You always find such awesome yarn!  I love the look of your hand-stamped present tags, and the gifts turned out so festive! Smiley  I bet that plarn bag is sturdy!  Do you think you'd make another?  I've been considering doing one for some time now, but have never done it.  What did you think of working with the plarn?  Oh, and your rope light display looks very cheery! Smiley

DragonChilde Congratulations on your acceptances and scholarships!  Way to go!!! Cheesy  I ADORE your house point hourglasses.  So cool!  And those caramels look and sound amazing.  I love the giraffe, too.  My 2nd loves giraffes.  I have some giraffe print fabric sitting around to make her something, but I haven't done it yet. :/  I think it's really kind of you to make that for your sister. Smiley  I like your tarot bag, too.  I bet your swap partner will love it!  It's sad that you don't get to see your littlest sister much, but she's sure to cherish that gift.  What a wonderful idea!

Felicitybaby  First off, I'm sorry I didn't get your projects into the Common Room until now.  I'm caught up now!  I love your Huffle Hat!  And your fake book is so cool!  Your hooplas amaze me.  I bet your daughter loves them!!  After seeing those and the adorable Catbug earrings, I did some research and decided that my kids and I need to watch Gas Powered Stick (where Catbug first comes in, apparently.)  We had watched the first episode and found it a bit. . . trippy. ^_^  But Catbug is so cute, I really want to see that one now. Smiley

Naanje  Purple is my favourite!  I love that zigzag scarf, and it looks so cute with the dress!

Inselaeffchen  I love that TARDIS mug rug.  I thought of the Loki side when we were watching Avengers last night. ^_^  Your baubles are so cool!  And I love that adipose peeking out from under the tree.  We have a few lurking in our house, too. Smiley

Audania1 Great apron!  And the Fairy tea tin shrine is amazing!!  The Nice List, is so cute - what a great idea!  I might have to make one for our library's Elf on a Shelf next year.  Your tree of life ornament is so cool!  And that embroidered art journal is outstanding!  Wow!!

Acadian Driftwood  Your winter inchie houses are so cute!  Seeing all the inchies is making me want to join in the fun! Smiley  The Earl Grey Lemon squares look and sound amazing!  And I love how your blue frame sets off that card!  Your pan handler is awesome, too!  I could really use one of those!  I'm pinning your link!

Nicajeanie  I LOVE your Let it Snow ornament!  

Linakins  Your sugar cookie is ADORBS!  The scarves are awesome, and that unicorn badge is amazing!  I love that quote!  I'd never heard it before. Smiley

BadWolf314 Your wall quotes are so cool!  I like your wavy hat!  And that TARDIS ribbon is awesome! Smiley

I've got a a couple more turn in, too.  After making the puff stitch face pads, I found this pattern and decided to make some to compare and contrast with the others.  They are much thinner, but might be nicer for more delicate ares like eyelids.  

Challenge: December Detention
Project Name: A Round in Detention
Project Description: I'm not sure how Muggles do all the repetetive things they have to do without losing their minds, but this pattern was actually very simple and relaxing, so I was able to start to appreciate that it might not all be as mundane as I'd thought.
Project Pic:

and. . .

Class: DA - Lessons with Harry - Help the Room of Requirement
Project Name: Our Daily Brioche
Project Description: I got my long hair chopped off a few weeks ago, and have (long) bangs for the first time in ages.  They keep getting in my face when I'm doing dishes, or leaning over something like a crafting project, and it drives me CRAZY!  So I learned to do the brioche stitch - which I've been wanting to do for some time - and made myself this hair band.  It works great to keep the hair out of my eyes, and I LOVE it!!
Project Link: I used this great tutorial
Project Pic:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014 07:32:52 AM by Moonflame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #329 on: January 02, 2014 08:05:59 AM »

As Doge would say, "Such awesome!  So crafting!" ^_^

Very create. Wow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Amber Valletta at Her Allure June 2014 Shoot
The 5 Best Curling Irons
How to Make Hair Toner with Household Products
Meet Celebrity Hairstylist Serge Normant
Tia Mowry-Hardrict Reveals Her Hair Crushes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...