A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,771
Currently Running With Scissors:
573 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 85390 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Naantje
« Reply #300 on: December 27, 2013 01:10:22 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Zig-Zag scarf
Brief Description:
This zig-zag scarf is made purely from 100% acrylic yarn, leftover from my very first sweater. I knit this zigzag keyhole scarf as a new year's present for my 5 month old goddaughter/niece, who deserved something handmade. I wanted to make something bigger, but I just didn't have the time in this hectic period  Undecided I got my little lady a cute purple bodysuit with a peter pan collar and a knit sweater-dress. Purple is the colour of magic after all! And it's a nice alternative to the ubiquitous pink for girls. I've never been a big fan of pink and neither are my sister-in-law or my brother. I'm very happy that the back of the scarf turned out presentable as well, I even like that dotted line!
Project Picture:

EDIT:

Oh, I also wanted to thank everybody that's sent Christmas cards! I've received a couple of them already Smiley WhistleFish, the card you sent is by far the most amazing Christmas card I have received, not just this year but like during my entire lifespan! That card is made of awesome! Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013 01:34:26 PM by Naantje » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
tiamatfire
« Reply #301 on: December 27, 2013 06:18:51 PM »

My husband would love all that Gravity Falls stuff, he's a big fan of the show!  Those hourglass pendants are gorgeous as well.

Advanced Studies Friday: Still chugging away on my NEWT afghan, I've got around 12 sets done, and am going to go until I run out of yarn as it's narrower than I expected.  I'm hoping more length will make up for it to let her use it better as a prop for family photos.

I cast on my OWL scarf yesterday, and found some leftover bright ruby red beads to go with it.  They're from some really nice Christmas socks I made years and years ago.  It's going to be a loooooooooong project and a long scarf, because I have 600m to work with and I intend to use up all of it in the scarf!  I added some width with an extra repeat in hopes it won't wind up a Doctor Who length scarf.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
rockmygypsysoul
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #302 on: December 27, 2013 08:09:21 PM »

Advanced Studies Friday!

OWL - I've done a few of the 13 pages I have to do - I have an ant scene for A, mermaid for M, circus for C, yak for Y, and am cutting out pieces for a couple of the next ones.  Since my oil painting has to take periods for drying, I'm working a couple days on OWL, a couple days on NEWT, and so on. 

NEWT - I've started all four pieces and done a basic wash on all of them along with more detail on a couple.  I picked a waterfall/cavern pictures, the humpback whale, pale cherry blossoms in the morning, and one of the aurora borealis shots.  We were gone for a couple of days over Christmas so everything's mostly dry right now so I should be able to get more done this weekend.  The cherry blossoms will probably be done fairly soon since it's a very misty, non-detailed piece and since I'm SO ragingly new to all of this.

I actually keep feeling like I'm going to be unbearably bad at oil painting - my strength is definitely line drawing so oil paint is an entirely different beast.  I know these four are going to suck but I am trying to focus on the fact that I am more learning than making art right now and that's okay.  I can't make better ones until I learn on sucky ones, right?!  Roll Eyes

SHOUT OUT to all the Christmas card exchange members - I've loved my cards SO much and am in the process of deciding what I want to do with them for future Christmas decor.  Hope you guys enjoyed my Die Hard Nakatomi-tower cards.  They were a lot of fun to make.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #303 on: December 28, 2013 04:02:30 AM »

Testing if I can post today... Shocked Wasn't able to post anything yesterday...

Ok, that works ... now hopefully my update works too...

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DA (Catch up) Sign the parchment
Project Name: Double Sided Mug rug
Brief Description:
I've made a double sided mug rug for the Geeky Christmas Swap on here, one side of it you've seen already (Loki mug rug). The other side contained the Tardis.  Smiley
At the moment I seem to dabble in sooo many different crafts, I don't think I have a signature craft at the moment (used to be paper crafting), but given what I made as Christmas presents /swap items it has to be mug rugs for this one. Smiley

Class/Challenge/House Pride: December Detention Something circular
Project Name: Christmas Baubles
Brief Description:
Christmas Baubles are a big part of Christmas at least in our household. And it's always a bit of a problem to get nice fandom/geeky ones, unless you decide to make them yourself. Smiley So I made 4 different baubles, 3x NFL team ones and one DC Character one. Couldn't find any clear glass baubles for reasonable price, so used plastic photo baubles which I had in my crafting stash for AGES!! Use a litte acrylic paint inside and then used clear drying art potch style glue to a) glue on the printed logo and b) to seal the logo in. Idea came from something I found on pinterest.

I think next time I'll glue the logos on the inside, seal them and then add the acrylic paint. Smiley
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013 04:18:37 AM by Inselaeffchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #304 on: December 28, 2013 05:01:32 AM »

Class: CoMC
House; ravenclaw
ravenclaw scavenger hunt: paper products
Project: tags & wrapping
lots of hand stamped tags to go on presents...

then wrapped in gold! with glossy black curled ribbon and tags made from stick on acrylic with gold paint pen

~*COMPLETED NEWT*~
NEWT Subject: transfiguration
House: ravenclaw
Project Name: plarn market bag
Project Picture:
I started by researching what plastic bags would be best to use to make my plarn - nothing biodegradable (not easy to find these days!) and nothing in too un-dad-like colours. then I set everyone at work the task of only shopping in this one specific branch of tesco (near work!) becasue they still use the old style (non-biodegradable) bags, and bringing me in all they can.
then I researched making plarn, and decided to use a sort of chain linking technique. Having grabbed about 50 bags by this point I started with my first transfiguration.
Once I had made 2 massive balls, I started my second transfiguration. I used stocking stitch on big fat needles for the bag, and garter stitch on much smaller needles for the handle.

~*NEWT PROPOSAL HEADER*~
NEWT Subject: Charms
Project Name: the jumper of insane optimism
Brief Description:
I am a beginner knitter. So when my shiny new girlfriend asked if I could amke her a jumper, of course i said yes. because I am mental.
We have found a simple pattern using chunky wool (in a library book - I'll get a picture of the photocopy we took for you later), knitted in the round. It says it's a quick knit, but  think it will still take me a couple of months because I will have to take time out to learn new techniques (one of the girls form work has said she will help with this). she brought me the wool and right sized needles for christmas Smiley
I am hoping that my charming my needles into making this, I'll charm the girlfriend too Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #305 on: December 29, 2013 01:51:37 PM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress....

Our newest Witch of the Week for the semester has been posted!  Be sure to check the Witch of the Week Board to find out who it is!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #306 on: December 29, 2013 03:46:12 PM »

Class: Potions, Scavenger hunt turned in: Natural fibers (cotton)
House: Ravenclaw
Title: Kitchy Apron.
Link: None - from a book called Retro Aprons.
Description:
I followed a detailed pattern and had to carefully cut and sew it together to make sure it came out the way it was intended. I love it! I did it for a swap and now want to make one for myself. This is made of cotton.

Class: SoAR, Ravenclaw Scavenger hunt being turned in : Paper
Title: Fairy Tea Tin Shrine
Link: None really. I do have an "inspiration" piece that I will post a link to in a bit.
Description:
 There are many things that always bring me joy, namely, my children. To me, they are like little fairy sprites (also very joyful) flitting around with wonder and curiosity. I crafted this little type shadow box with them in mind. As a side, this was a tea tin, and who can go wrong or feel hopeless when theres a cup of tea in hand? And this obviously (say it like Snape, come on) contains paper

Class: Herbology, Ravenclaw Scavenger hunt being turned in: Ribbon
Title: Naughty or Nice?
Link: will post soon.
Description: This was an ornament I crafted for my partner in a swap. I hid the names of her families for privacy. It is a parchment Nice list from Santa and is red and green as well as including Holly. There are silver and gold randomly on the parchment next to the names. The ribbon is what holds the ornament to the tree.

Class: December Detention
Title: Weeping Cherry Tree of Life
 link: http://www.etsy.com/listing/52281210/earring-tree-copper-tree-of-life-wall and this one http://www.flickr.com/photos/louisegoodchild/7685550676/in/set-72157622645324542
Description: I created this circular ornament for a Craft swap. I've never made one of these before but found it to be quite fun and relaxing. I don't think I would mind doing more of these detentions. Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #307 on: December 29, 2013 07:29:35 PM »

Class: Potions
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Winter Inchie Houses
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=429489.0
Brief Description: These houses all had to be measured very carefully, because I couldn't fully assemble them before I sent them out. I had to be sure all the corners would line up so my partners wouldn't have to do any tweaking.

Challenge: Gravy bean
Project Name: Earl Grey Lemon Squares
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430131.0
Brief Description: I first made these with ChameleonHound, and they were so good that I made them again by myself, to take to Christmas dinner with my family.

Class: Defense Against the Dark Arts
Project Name: Framed card
Brief Description: I bought this beautiful art card at a local craft fair (from this shop), and I wanted some way to display it. I had an old frame rattling around, so I spruced it up with sample paint and sharpie! I didn't want anything that would distract too much from the card, and I think it shows off the art well.

Challenge: DA - Impediment Jinx
Project Name: Pan handler oven mitt
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430221.0
Brief Description: This special oven mitt blocks the heat of the pan, so I can handle it with ease. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
Nicajeanie
« Reply #308 on: December 29, 2013 09:38:17 PM »

I am TOTALLY HONORED to be chosen co-WotW. tiamatfire, your quilt set is beyond beautiful!

Now to get my gravy in before bed. (going to be so tired in the morning)

Challenge: Bertie Botts Gravy bean
Project Name: Let it Snow this Christmas
Project Description: Growing up in FL I dreamed of a snowy Christmas. I made the dream come true by turning wire and beads into a looking out a window at the snow on a evergreen tree.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #309 on: December 30, 2013 05:16:34 AM »

Well deserved wotw!!

Challenge: DA  Fred n George
Project
It's big and lights up. Sounds pretty f&g to me! I couldn't get a lit up picture, my camera was having none of it. But this is the j2o display i made at work because i was bored and there's a promotion on.... And we had rope light lying about
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Fast and Easy Hairstyle for Curly Hair Tutorial
Do Beards Breed Discrimination?
The Year Of The Beard
Why Beards Have Come Back For Gay Men
Ways to Protect Your Hair in the Winter
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...