A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,399
Currently Running With Scissors:
817 Guests and 42 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 69704 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2013 06:36:52 AM »

~*YAY First Projects of Winter!*~

@WhistleFish: HuROAR for our new Gryffie HoH & Professor! Grin  Love the hooded scarf; Kiss for pattern link (added to my ever-growing to-do list).  And I absolutely ADORE your Popcorn Bean Advent Calendar....so joyful! 

@Avesthel: Welcome back!  So happy to see you! Grin You ROAR for facing your crafty fear!  Your mitts look super cozy. Smiley

@Moonflame: I see you have the hexipox Wink  Unfortunately there is no cure; these hexipuffs will multiply like tribbles!  One day I shall learn to knit those suckers; for now I shall have to settle with my crocheted hexis. Cool

@noodle-bug: What an fab hat!   Love the pattern.  And it is a fab example of the Shield Charm. Grin
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013 08:22:13 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2013 07:57:03 AM »

~*HPC Staff Openings*~
Hello HPCers!  We are always looking for new members interested in taking on tasks here at Hogwarts.  The more staff we have, the better our craftalong is.  Please take a look at the following staff positions and see if any interest you.  Thanks! Grin

---Professorships: Alchemy, Arithmancy, Astronomy, Care of Magical Creatures, and Flying are all open.  Professors help students with prompts, can host professor challenges, cheer on students who turn in homework for their class, help headmistresses with ideas for each term's class prompt, and/or recognize students that go above and beyond.

---Welcome Witches: As a Welcome Witch, you are here to spread crafty love and help to students, especially first years. 

---Pinterest Pixie: The Pinterest Pixie makes a pinterest home/board for all the HPC projects within a semester.  A portkey is given to all students so they can visit as often as they wish.

---Kitchen Elves: The Hogwarts Kitchen is always searching for those individuals who love to share their cooking and baking magic.  Posts can be as often as you like, and recipes used do not have to be HP centric.

---Robe Seamtresses: Our students love a variety of robes aka avatars.  If you love creating unique and fun robes, please contact the headmistresses about open up a robe shop of your very own!

---SPEW Officers: SPEW officers encourage and cheer on charity work at Hogwarts.  You can also run SPEW challenges, post SPEW News, and/or give ideas on how to help others with crafty magic.

~*PM pinkleo if you are interested*~
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013 08:42:27 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2013 12:13:01 PM »

~*Slytherins, I am pleased to announce your HoH this term is DragonChilde*~ Cool
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013 08:40:38 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2013 12:21:56 PM »

WELCOME TO THE SLYTHERIN DUNGEON

To our new students welcome and to our returning students welcome back. I will be your Head of House for this term. Feel free to refer any questions to me via owl (PM), I will do my best to get back to you in a timely manner.

Extra Credit
Without any pretty words or fancy speeches I give you your first extra credit opportunity of the term. These challenges will be posted at irregular intervals and are not for house points, though there may be badges involved.

Wordsmith~ Language is a very important part of magic, even nonverbal magic. Words have the poet to hurt and the power to heal. For this piece of extra credit you must incorporate a significant word into your crafty magic. This can be apparent, as in a verbal spell, or hidden, as in a nonverbal spell - just be sure you explain the word and its meaning.

Student Roster
coulsenl 2nd year ~ DA Fear of a Name, DA Have a Drink in the Hog's Head, Gravy Bean, Herbology, New Year Resolution challenge, SPEW, SoAR, Flying, Arithmancy, DA Sign the Parchment, Peppermint Bean, Alchemy, DA Protean Charm, Apparition, DA Shield Charm, DA Impediment Jinx, Astronomy, December Detention, Coffee Bean, DA Help the Room, DA Reductor Curse, Tomato Bean, Divination, CoMC, DA Stunning Spell, History of Magic
Naantje 7th year ~ SoAR, Flying, Arithmancy, Herbology, December Detention, DADA, Popcorn Bean, Divination, Gravy Bean, Alchemy, New Year Resolution Challenge, Peppermint Bean, History of Magic, Potions, CoMC
DragonChilde 3rd year ~ DA Fear of a Name, Divination, House Pride, DA Have a Drink in the Hog's Head, Muggle Studies, House Unity, Gravy Bean, Charms, SoAR, Astronomy, Apparition, Flying, CoMC, History of Magic, Potions, DA Sign the Parchment, Arithmancy, DADA, New Year Resolution challenge, DA Help the Room of Requirement, DA Stunning Spell, Alchemy, DA Impediment Jinx, DA Reductor Curse, DA Shield Charm
Inselaeffchen 2nd year ~ Flying, DA Sign the Parchment, December Detention, Muggle Studies, Potions, SoAR, Alchemy, DA Reductor, Herbology, Divination
ErinAquaheart 5th year ~ December Detention, DA Have a Drink in the Hog's Head, House Unity, DADA, SoAR, Gravy Bean, Herbology, January Detention, Alchemy, CoMC, Muggle Studies, Charms, Divination + SPEW, DA Sign the Parchment + SPEW, Peppermint Bean + SPEW, Apparition, New Year Resolution challenge, Coffee Bean, Astronomy, Tomato Bean, DA Reductor Curse, DA Protean Charm, DA Disarming Spell, DA Impediment Jinx, Potions, DA Stunning Spell, Flying, House Pride, February Detention, History of Magic, Arithmancy, DA Fred and George Fight Back
TechnicolorAquahearts 5th year ~ DA Have a Drink in the Hog's Head, December Detention, Gravy Bean, DADA, Herbology + SPEW, Muggle Studies, CoMC, Alchemy, DA Sign the Parchment, DA Disarming, DA Impediment Jinx, DA Reductor Curse, DA Protean Charm, January Detention, February Detention, Divinatin, History of Magic
ladychris2010 1st year ~ House Unity, Transfiguration

House Points Tally: 1885
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014 05:24:59 PM by DragonChilde » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
WhistleFish
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2013 12:29:34 PM »

Attention HPCers!

As Gryffindor Head of House I am VERY excited to announce that Gryffindor House is sponsoring a card exchange! Keep in touch with your Hogwarts friends as you go home for the holidays by sending all your friends owls! In order to promote House Unity, this exchange is open to ALL houses!

Everyone is invited to have a warm butterbeer in Gryffindor Tower while they check out the details!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2013 02:33:15 PM »

WhistleFish!  I love this card exchange so much!!  And thanks for opening it up to all houses   Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2013 03:05:35 PM »

HuROAR WhistleFish!  I'm off to sip butterbeer in the Gryffie Tower; see y'all there! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2013 03:42:28 PM »

Welcome back everyone!!!

It is wonderful to see everyone again roaming the halls of Hogwarts.  And to see the amazing first projects of the semester!!

Ravenclaws please stop by the common room as there is new information about this semester's crafty SCAVENGER HUNT!!

Good luck in your studies and happy crafting!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coulsenl
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2013 04:21:04 PM »

Winter Semester 2013: Divination Classroom

Welcome to Divination

Completed Homework - As you enter the classroom, you are taken aback.  Webs are everywhere, and innumerous spiders have made themselves at home.:::  Don't fret dear students.  This Winter Term we are going to study Arachnomancy, the art of divining the future by intrepreting the patterns and behaviors of spiders.  Arachnomancers use the spiders in different ways. Some study their webs to divine the future.  One example is the capturing of spiders in small boxes to see what type of web they would spin during the night; a thick web is a good omen.  Others use the position of their legs to foretell events.  For example, a spider with its legs bent inward is a bad omen.  Others use the appearance of spiders in their lives to divine events, such as finding a spider in your clothes means money or a letter is headed your way.  Walk around the classroom and observe the spiders.  Use them to create a project to display your understanding of Arachnomancy.  Your project may be a spider, something reflecting a spider's web, or a prophecy you received from observing your spider.

Gryffindor - Mistress Jennie: Sugar Skull Bookmark, jenleahlynn - woven web bracelet, mamantattoo - spiderman outfit,
Ravenclaw - Noodlebug: gel art bear tag, Audania1: Needlebook, jellybean89 - cat toys,
Hufflepuff - Nicajeanie: chainmaille spiderweb, Felicitybaby - hufflepuff hat, moonflame - webby washies, midkiffsjoy - ferret sling
Slytherin - Naantje: butterfly string art, Dragonchilde: dreamcatcher, erinaquaheart - handwarmers,

Divination OWLs - Option 1-Create at least 4 items you need for a successful reading.  Option 2-Create a dream item.  Option 3-Create something inspired by the zodiac.

Proposed OWLs

Completed OWLs

Divination NEWTs - Students should have a sound knowledge of a variety of techniques of foretelling the future.

Proposed NEWTs

Completed NEWTs
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014 09:09:19 AM by coulsenl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2013 06:03:55 PM »

the card exchange is a great idea - I can't really afford international post at the moment, so I'll sit out, but i'm looking forward to hearing about it and hopefully seeing pics of some card collections too Cheesy

and the ravenclaw scavenger hunt is a great idea, I'll be digging straight into that! Thanks for organising it.

A couple of other new things this term that people might want to check out are Team Dobby and Apparition Club
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Story Behind Long Way Home
Kathy Reichs on Her Novel Spider Bones
Bethenny Frankel Discusses Her New Book the Skinnygirl Dish
Here Comes Another Lesson Book Trailer
Author Chad Orzel Re-enacts the Bohr-Einstein Debates
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...