A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,768
Currently Running With Scissors:
550 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 85382 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #280 on: December 23, 2013 05:39:50 AM »

OMG you guys!

(did I just do a legally blonde-goonies mash up in my head? hells yes, I did)

so much good stuff.
here's my new years resolution; keep a notebook handy when I check this thread, so i can remember what comments I wanted to write by the time I get to the end!

Love the little felt trees - I have loads of left over felt so I may steal that!
and the christmas quilt is just gorgeous, you are so right to be pleased with it!

oh, and thanks for the hulk-tastic christmas card that arrived this morning badwolf!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013 05:41:08 AM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #281 on: December 23, 2013 07:19:22 AM »

I will echo noodle-bug's comment! SO MANY good stuff! and yummy things!!!!
I will update later, I'm with my familly, yay!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: December 23, 2013 07:20:03 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress...

Just wanted to let you all know that I will be in and out of communication over the next few days, as I'm sure many others will be.  DH and I are driving up to Illinois today to spend a few days with his parents.  If you have questions, please feel free to PM both pinkleo & I.  One of us is bound to see it before the other.  But if we don't answer right away, just dive into the craft project the Muses have inspired.  Trust me, it's always worth it.  Kiss Kiss Kiss

And as an early holiday present, here's a Chocolate Frog Card for all of you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #283 on: December 23, 2013 11:36:07 AM »

~*Students, as most of you know, your Wizarding Tests Examiner was in St. Mungo's for illness and then endured a dementor attack.  But she has been at work updating everyone's proposals and is now, fingers crossed, up-to-date.  If you are taking your OWL and/or NEWT, please stop by the Wizarding Tests Exam Room and check to make sure everything looks correct.  If something is amiss, please PM Proffesor pinkleo.  And if you did turn in an exam, make sure you have snagged your certificate; they can be found in the Wizarding Tests Exam Room as well.  Thank you! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #284 on: December 23, 2013 12:08:58 PM »

~*Headmistress pinkleo casts the Homonculous Charm - We are here!*~
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013 12:11:41 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #285 on: December 23, 2013 12:15:38 PM »

In other somewhat on, and somewhat off-topic news...  My husband officially got a new job yesterday!!!  It's in Franklin, TN, about 1 hr 20 mins from where we are now in Kentucky.  Magpirate, we'll practically be neighbors!  We could have a weekend Crafternoon if we wanted.  Cheesy  He's going to start January 6th, and commute for a few weeks, then when we find an apartment he'll move down there.  I'll stay put for the first part of the semester, then move down myself halfway through, and commute for the last half of the semester.  (So just to warn you all now, I might be in and out of touch for a few weeks in mid March.)

AND, since we'll each be doing some commuting, AND since I've been such a good Jennie and put away all my Etsy funds all year, we were able to go buy a new car today!  We just got a new Prius c.  It's bright red, and I've already named it Godric.  DH doesn't approve of the name, but I don't care.  New car's name is Godric.  End of story.
I am so happy and excited for y'all! Grin  And love the name Godric. Cool

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Wizarding Exam Proposals!

Well, I finished my last OWL in Fall 2013, so it is time to propose another.  And sadly I must abandon my NEWT, not only is it a killer on my wrist; it just wasn't looking fab at all!!!!  But no fears, I have a wondrous new, and way overdue, NEWT that I need to start!

OWL Subject: Muggle Studies
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: "shall insert clever name for owl once completed"
Brief Description: I propose to create an owl pillow using the Maggie the African Flower Owl Pillow Crochet Pattern by JOs Crocheteria (ravelry link).  The muggle fairy tale I shall study is that of the Brothers Grimm The Owl; it tells of how ignorance leads to unfortunate, misguided events.

NEWT Subject: History of Magic
Project Name: A Molly Sweater for jennie, finally!
Brief Description: I certainly never fall asleep in Prof. Binn's lecture...:::shifty eyes:::  My NEWT will celebrate the contributions and bravery of Gryffindor Molly Weasley!

« Last Edit: December 23, 2013 12:45:28 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

coulsenl
« Reply #286 on: December 23, 2013 04:58:28 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DA - hog's head
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Beef and ale shepherds pie
Brief Description: I got home the other evening to find we had visitors. I rustled up a beef and ale shepherds pie to feed us all .

Recipe.
package of ground beef
frozen mixed veggies - corn, peas, carrots, green beans
1/2 can beer, i used bud light this time
potatoes
cheddar cheese, grated

peel potatoes. boil the potatoes until soft. mash the potatoes.

in saute pan, brown the ground beef. add the frozen veggies to the beef. pour in the beer. i used half a can of beer and it tasted very beery, you can add more or less according to taste.

in a baking dish, put in the beef mixture. sprinkle some cheese on top of the beef. spread the potato on top. sprinkle more cheese on top of the potato.

put the dish in the oven. bake at 350f for 20-30 mins until the potato goes crispy.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013 05:35:34 PM by coulsenl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #287 on: December 23, 2013 05:17:38 PM »

pinkleo, I am constantly in awe of everything you and Mistress Jennie do here to create this space for us. Thank you so much! Wishing you both a very happy holiday, and lots of chocolate to recover from the Dementors.

Much love,
ADrift
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
tiamatfire
« Reply #288 on: December 23, 2013 05:55:45 PM »

Although I'm not feeling well enough to do crafts that are off the couch, I'm going stir-crazy just sitting here.  So I decided to make my daughter a crown!

Class: Alchemy
Name: Toddler Crown

This crown is both gold (admittedly not shiny though) and is 100% pure wool!  I altered this pattern to be small enough for my little girl's head (she's pretty tiny), which meant I had to reinvent how to do the fancier points in the centre of the crown, which I basically just winged.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #289 on: December 23, 2013 08:48:56 PM »

@coulsenl: Your Beef and ale shepherds pie looks sooooo yummy!  Please note that for the DA-Hog Head challenge, one must post a recipe to complete the task.  Here's a handy-dandy quote from Mistress Jennie:
~*Have a Drink in the Hog's Head*~
CLOSED! ~ REQUIRED CATCH-UP CRAFTING TIME = 2 WEEKS!*
October 10th-November 7th

"Hi," said Fred, reaching the bar first and counting his companions quickly.  "Could we have... twenty-five butterbeers, please?'
The barman glared at him for a moment, then, throwing down his rag irritably as though he had been interrupted in something very important, he started passing up dusty butterbeers from under the bar.

Sometimes darkness lies ahead.  Whether it be a long war against evil, or the long dark nights of autumn and winter.  But even when times are difficult and the road ahead of us looks impossible, there is comfort in sharing a moment of peace, some laughter, and some good food & drink with friends.  For this challenge you will take inspiration from Fred & George, and share a treat with your friends or family.  You must make a food, drink, or sweet treat to share that will serve at least 5 people.  (Not dinner for 2. The purpose of this challenge is to share with a larger group of friends.)  Further, in an effort to broaden the effects of your sharing spirit, you MUST post the complete recipe here in the HPC thread, in order to earn your Badge & House Points. 
***It should go without saying that, like all craft submissions here in the HPC, a picture must also accompany your post. No picture also = no points.***
You can either modify your post or add it in another post. Grin

@Acadian Driftwood: Kiss You are so sweet! Kiss  ((HUGS)) and thank you! Kiss

@tiamatfire: Sending blessings of good health.  And your DD & her crown are A-DOR-A-BLE! Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Whiten Teeth in Photoshop
How to Design a Club Flyer - Creating a Logo Part 6/14
How to Design a Club Flyer - 3D Perspective Part 7/14
How to Design a Club Flyer - Working with Text Part 9/14
How to Design a Club Flyer - Creating Your Own Background Part 11/14
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...