A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,127
Currently Running With Scissors:
583 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 77037 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stillatthetop
« Reply #260 on: December 21, 2013 02:58:26 PM »

I like your additons, but the Spanakopita is not truly vegetarian, as stated on the recipe link. I don't mind, as I eat fish, meat, and eggs. I would probably add some chopped ham to the filling mix, but a wonderful recipe, all the same.  Grin

Your pincushion is awfully cute. I keep checking my thrift/antique stores for those girlie toppers like yours. They were very popular at one time...like in the 40's?

And neat poofy curtain. I love the color. Stay warm for the holidays!

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: December 21, 2013 03:19:49 PM »

I like your additons, but the Spanakopita is not truly vegetarian, as stated on the recipe link. I don't mind, as I eat fish, meat, and eggs. I would probably add some chopped ham to the filling mix, but a wonderful recipe, all the same.  Grin

Who said anything about Spanakopita being "truly" vegetarian?  I didn't see that in Acadian Driftwood's post...   Undecided 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
jellybean89
« Reply #262 on: December 21, 2013 03:21:33 PM »

@WhistleFish: I used a half double crochet stitch in the back loop only for my scarf. Smiley

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Arithmancy
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Companion Cube
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description: For arithmancy class, I chose the number six. I made the six sides of a companion cube with yarn on plastic canvas (based on this cross-stitch) and sewed them together.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean: Cranberry
Project Name: Cranberry Red Headband
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description: For this challenge, I used cranberry red yarn to crochet a headband to keep my ears warm this winter. Smiley
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #263 on: December 21, 2013 04:00:32 PM »

Class: Arithmancy
Project Name: Grandma Love
Brief Description: For Arithmancy I decided to study the number four. Four is significant because it is the number of kids I have, as well as the number of grandchildren my mother has. I've had to make up for my sister's lack of interest in kids. For the assignment, I cross stitched my children and mother, and sewed this to some fabric triangles that I stitched together. (Three is my favorite number, so I squeaked that in there, too!) Then I framed it and now it's ready for wrapping.

Class: HoM/ Ravenclaw Scavenger Hunt
Project Name: Gifts on the Cheap
Brief Description: Because I hate Christmas shopping with a passion and I love to make stuff, my family knows they will receive handmade gifts from me. This saves me a ton of money on gas, the item, as well as the time it takes to battle through hoards of shoppers and traffic. So far, all I have made are few more ornaments. But I begin cookie baking on Monday! (The last two projects are made from paper clay and paper, so I can scratch paper products off the scavenger hunt list!

« Last Edit: December 21, 2013 04:13:40 PM by pottermouth » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moonflame
« Reply #264 on: December 21, 2013 07:09:02 PM »

I take you want to score for the Puffs?? Tongue
I'll be back with the final score and the other match up later tonight!
(And overdue assigments show-off!)
  Yes, sorry! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #265 on: December 21, 2013 07:18:40 PM »

stillatthetop, perhaps you are thinking of vegans, who do not eat dairy or other animal products? I am a vegetarian, which means I don't eat any kind of flesh, but I do eat eggs and milk products. I bet my boyfriend would enjoy your ham addition though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #266 on: December 21, 2013 10:39:57 PM »

Oh my! I haven't posted anything this term, though I have been lurking. It has been crazy busy. Not just about Christmas, but life in general, some bad but mostly good. I have been crafting the while but we didn't have internet (except on my phone) for nearly a month. So, I'm about to do a huge crafty heap of goodness on you!

Class: Apparition
Title: Make your own Christmas Tree kits.
Link: Pinterest!  http://www.couponclippingcook.com/candy-cookie-cones/
Description:  My husband and I love this place about 45 minutes Northeast of us called Apple Hill. In the fall and Winter, all of these farms are filled with craft booths and fair-type things and food. There are so many people and so much to do that you cannot make it to the 45+ farms. In the Fall, they have pumpkin patches galore and you can pick your own apples. However, if you go in the Winter, you can cut your own Christmas tree which is what we like doing as a family.
So, in honor of that and our recent trip, I made 7 kits for families to make their own Christmas trees but completely forgot to take a group picture. Its much like creating your own gingerbread house, but easier. Each kit contains pointed sugar cones, green food coloring and white frosting (to be mixed to get your favorite shade of green), mini candy stars, mini mint chocolate kisses in various colors, non parelleis, red pull apart licorice, large and small white round pearl candies, and candy coated chocolate covered sun flower seeds. Everything is completely edible and was created so the entire family, including preschoolers like my youngest, could get in on the fun. :-D

Class: History of Magic
Title: Sewing machine pin cushion
Link: I saw this http://icanfindthetime.blogspot.com/2010/07/sewing-machine-pin-cushion.html but pulled the pattern out of my head.
Description: I chose to craft something to help save money in tough economic times. Ive been doing a lot of research lately on times when the United States had suffered during either depressions, economic decline or wars and learned that women have had to learn to be thrifty. There are many phrases such as a penny saved is a penny earned and make do and mend that fly to mind. They used everything they had to avoid buying new. I love to craft but sometimes it can be expensive and so Ive decided to take a leaf out of their book and be thrifty. What is the point in buying a new pin cushion when I had all of the materials to make my own? So that is what I did. Everything I used to create this pin cushion for a sewing machine I already had in my stash. That definitely helped me save money.

Class: Divination
Title: Embroidered Needle book
Link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8832675@N06/6518499165/in/contacts/  The original link I found for a felt one of these is no longer an etsy shop, so I searched around pinterest and found one that was similar.
Description: The spider I observed was very studious. When poked or prodded in its box, it ignored me completely and just went on creating its intricate web. I didnt realize at the time that the spider was showing me how I must act while creating this embroidered needle book for a swap partner. I had many distractions from regular life, children, internet, television, etc, and I would need to slowly make it through to the finish. I did, after a long while, and wished Id only been in a box with a finger poke as a distraction!!

Class: Arithmancy
Title: Hoot hoot
Link: http://www.etsy.com/listing/79046368/adopt-a-baby-owl-angora-eco-wool-felt?ref=tre-567141698-16 I believe the person who did these actually knitted them instead of what I've done; below.
Description: Ive always fancied the number 2. Besides having the standard two arms, legs, hands, feet, ears and eyes, I also have two children. If I create something for one, the other automatically wants one as well, thus the creation of two little owls. I cut these out of some wool and alpaca sweaters I got from the thrift shop and stitched them up. The stuffing, buttons, etc. were all from my stash.

Class: Astronomy
Title: full length fingerless gloves
Link: Ravelry!  (I used the entirety of this pattern but made the gloves long. I started with one hook size up and then adjusted to the "correct" hook size when I got to the wrist and hand portion.)  http://www.canadianliving.com/crafts/crochet/crochet_pattern_pretty_wrist_warmers.php
Description:
Being that Europas surface is made of ice water, it would be absolutely freezing to visit. I created these full length fingerless gloves just for such an environment.

I have a few more but those will have to wait for another time. Also, i have LOVED everything I've been seeing in the thread!! I will be on much more now so will be able to comment. Have a wonderful Christmas (or whatever you celebrate) everyone!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #267 on: December 22, 2013 07:25:21 AM »

Those two little owls are super cute, Audania! Great way to upcycle sweaters.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: December 22, 2013 07:37:50 AM »

A new Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean Mini-Challenge has been posted!  

What's this week's bean!?!?  Take the Portkey to the Deputy Headmistresses Office to find out!

Please note you are welcome to do any, all or none of these challenges as they come up throughout the semester.  They are not intended to cause stress, but are instead intended to get your crafty Muses singing.  Neither the Headmistress or I will complete ALL the classes and challenges posted this semester.  So relax, and craft what you love.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Moonflame
« Reply #269 on: December 22, 2013 08:38:07 AM »

OK, I have like 10 pages of comments to catch up on, so here goes!!!!

Magpirate  I really like your chainmail zipper pull!  And what a great idea!  I'm going to try this next time a zip breaks for sure!  Oh, and your taco soup and pizza are both making my stomach growl.  YUM!

Noodle-bug  Those bed socks are beautiful.  I LOVE the yarn.  Your Paddington book is adorable, and your hankies are making me want to embroider again!  And that London book? Wow!  Brendan is a lucky guy to get you for his secret Santa!  I <3 those stamps so much!

Acadian Driftwood Your rosemary broomsticks are adorable!  I love the patch ornaments you made, and the floo powder jar, too!  Way to score for Huffle with those stars, too.  You're a Quidditch star! ^_^  Your pincushion is awesome!  And that insulated curtain is a very clever idea.  I could sure use something like that here!  Your spanikopita triangles are amazing.  I don't think I could ever get them to fold up so neatly.  And that purple damask wallet is AWESOME! Just OMG, OMG, OMG!!! Cheesy

Linakins  Those armwarmers turned out great!  I hope your poor kiddo heals quickly!  Oh, and that Pozole Blanco looks delicious!

WhistleFish I love your scrapbooked calendar.  I keep planning to do those for the Grandmas, but alas, I never seem to get my act together. :/  I love the idea of your Family History gift, too.  That's really cool!  And your snickerdoodles look lovely!

MamanTattoo That vegan pasta sauce - I can almost smell it!  It looks incredible!  And those soap snowmen are sooooooo cute!! Smiley

Pottermouth  Those sand dollar ornaments were a clever idea!  How fun!  Alton's "kick me" sign cracked me up. Smiley  I really like how your cross-sticth/quilted picture turned out, and the ornaments you made are gorgeous!

Felicitybaby  First off, WELCOME to Hufflepuff!!!!  Hufflepuff is thrilled to have you!! Smiley  Your bead bracelets are lovely!  I especially <3 the Keep Calm one. Smiley  And your lavender rice bags are so pretty!  We use rice bags a lot here, too, but I've never put lavender in them before.  What a great idea!   And that Christmas Bunting is gorgeous!

BadWolf314 I love both your basketweave headbands.  They look really cosy!  And that snitch headphone ball is AWESOME!  And OMG - those mini stockings are adorbs!  I keep meaning to make some, myself, along with some wee Weasley sweaters, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.  The sesame chicken looks marvelous!  And I love your triangle notebook!  How cool is that?!  Your TARDIS notebook is awesome, too!  The house rings turned out so cute!  And I think the bathtub crayons are such a neat idea!  Your craft room is looking so tidy.  I REALLY need to do that here. :/  And that earflap hat is fab! Smiley

Midkiffsjoy  Your elephant cameo turned out really cool!  Can you tell me more about the stuff you used for the mould?

Netchez  I really like your cranberry pink cap.  It looks so snuggly!

Rockmygypsysoul That Gryffindor onesie is Cute-tastic!  And I really like how the picnic-gift set turned out!

Jellybean89 The crocheted coasters are lovely!  And the scarf looks so cosy and warm!  I LOVE your companion cube!  And that cranberry headband is great, too!  

DragonChilde I love how your dreamcatcher turned out!  And that chai miel is something I'm going to have to try.  It sounds amazing!

Vincentvanbuck Those cookies look delicious!

Nicajeanie That gingerbread house is adorbs!  And your Santa hat and cross necklace are both lovely.  I really like all the different designs you used!

Inselaeffchen I LOVE the name of your Loki rug mug!  ^_^  You did a fabulous job on the freehand helmet.  Wow!  It turned out GREAT!

MistressJennie  It looks like I need a whole page just to comment on your creations, LOL!  First of all, those mustards look and sound AMAZING!  And the dilly beans make me hark back to my Air Guard days when a guy would bring in the beans he made.  I couldn't stop eating them!  I love all your bracelets - especially that junk drawer one.  It's so cool!  And the beads on that pear nymph one are lovely!  The cran-peary jam sounds mouth-watering!  Oooh, and all those bookmarks!  I love them!
 Congrats on your impending move, AND on your new Godric. ^_^

Avesthel  I love how your Christmas mitts turned out!  I need to make more mitts for myself.  I can never find mine. :/

Butterfly Angel - your ceramics are soo neat!  I especially love how the wolf cup turned out! Cheesy

Tiamatfire  Congrats on your release from St. Mungo's!!  Huzzah!

Audania1  Those Christmas tree kits are such a cool idea!  Your pincushion is not only thrifty, but beautiful, too!  And that needle-book is amazing!  Your owls are soooooooo cute!  And those purple armwarmers are FABULOUS!!!! Smiley

Wow - you guys all rock!  I'm so glad to be a part of this community.  It's SO inspiring!!

Now to make sure all my Huffles are up to date in the common room!  Please msg me if I miss listing you in any of the completed classes.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013 08:40:22 AM by Moonflame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Mother To So Many
Evolved Family
Our Collection
Author Josh Horwitz Talks Whales LIVE
Martha Stewart Sits Down with Iron Chef Mark Forgione
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...