A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
832 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 70712 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Moonflame
« Reply #240 on: December 19, 2013 12:41:51 PM »

Oh my goodness!  SO many awesome projects to catch up with!  I love what everyone has done, and oh MY is that a cute Gryffindor baby (and outfit!!) Smiley

I have been doing a little craft magic of my own!

Class: Alchemy
Project Name: Pure Pouch
Project Description:  These little treasure pouches are both crafted from pure angora yarn.  I got it on sale when one of the local yarn shops was going out of business.  Which is both Smiley and Sad .  I use homemade gift bags instead of wrapping paper, so I wanted to add some wee bags to the stash for things like earrings, pendants, etc.  The one on the left is for this class.  I altered the pattern a bit and used moss stitch for the top.  Otherwise, I left it the same.
Project Link:  The Pattern is Treasure Pouch from Ravelry. 
Project Pic:

The one on the right is for the next challenge:

Challenge: Dumbledore's Army - Lessons With Harry - Reductor Curse
Project Name: Petite Pouch
Project Description: I used the Reductor Curse to make one of my Pure Pouches even smaller. Smiley  This is a fun pattern, and I'll be making more!
Project Pic: Here it is with a ruler for scale!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
WhistleFish
« Reply #241 on: December 19, 2013 02:23:28 PM »

Alright, I've got a lot of catch up on so I'm gonna try! I've got to work for the next 3 days then I've got Christmas festivities so it's now or never!

*I am so thrilled about the card exchange! I'm so excited everytime I go to the mailbox! Thanks for my cards so far (Badwolf, FiberAlchemist, midkiffsjoy!)*

@butterflyangel: I hope you do join us! Although I understand, sometimes life gets busy. One semester I was so busy I only lurked and by the end of the semester I realized I didn't even turn in one project!

@MamanTattoo: I can smell that pasta sauce from here! Looks delicious! Your soap snowmen turned out so cute!! You guys are just on a roll with these mother/daughter crafts!

@pottermouth: What cool sanddollar ornaments! I love how they look tie-dyed.

@Ant Bee: A store at the holidays?! Good luck!

@Acadian Driftwood: I didn't read your description at first and I thought it was just striped fabric but then I realized it was strips sewn together! What a lot of work...they turned out great! I can't wait to see the wallets you make for your OWL. I also love your little Hufflepuff stars!

@teag: I'm sorry to hear about your mother. *sending good thoughts your way*

@felicitybaby: So glad you could join! I love your bunting. And I ESPECIALLY love the directions right on the rice bag! I made some last year and that's such a smart idea!

@tiamatfire: I hope all is well and you're out of the hospital soon!

@BadWolf314: I love the headband! So beautiful!

@midkiffsjoy: I love elephants! What a cute wall hanging!

@netchez: Very cozy looking cap!

@rockmygypsysoul: Good luck on your NEWT! I LOVE your inspiration pictures, especially the one of the turtle from below. My vote is for that one to be made. Wink Your onesie is fabulous!!!!! Go gryffindors!

@noodle-bug:
I love the project with your little bear. So adorable. It looks so vintage! You did a great job with the transfer! And good luck on your socks!

@jellybean89: Beautiful coasters! Perfect from wintertime. Smiley I love the scarf too! What stitch did you use? I really like the look of it.

@DragonChilde: I didn't know the history of dreamcatchers...so neat! I've always wanted to make one...I love how the two colors you used are placed together. Seems like it would be hard to do.

@FiberAlchemist: Maybe Santa will have to bring you some papercrafting supplies! Wink

@vincentvanbuck: Those cookies sound amazing! I didn't even know there was cinnamon chips. So neat!

@Nicajeanie: Beautiful projects! The Santa hat is really great! The little wreath on there makes it look very classic. Smiley

@Linakins: Pozole! I worked at a school that had mostly Mexican employees/kids and I loved when I went there because they were ALWAYS having awesome potlucks in the break room. One of my favorite foods I discovered was Pozole and now you've just make me hungry for some! I wonder if Mi Pueblo sells it premade at their food counter...

@Inselaeffchen: What a fabulous mug rug!

@Mistress Jennie: ELEVEN projects!? Way to give Gryffindor a boost!! You've been on a kick! Your charm bracelets are always so often. If I ever do a swap with you I am going to specifically request a Christmas bracelet! Lol...so festive!

@Avesthel: Beautiful mitts! They look so comfy!

@Moonflame: Angora! So fuzzy and comfy and warm looking! You did a great job!

Yea...that just took a while. Gryffindor points have been updated in the Common Room! So have HoM and MS classrooms! Maybe I'll upload some of my own projects later. Lol.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moonflame
« Reply #242 on: December 19, 2013 04:11:31 PM »

I felt bad about not playing quidditch yet, and then I felt inspired to make a snitch!

Challenge: Quidditch - Catch the Snitch
Project Name: NipSnitch
I've never played Seeker before, but I think a drop of Felix Felicis flew into my coffee this morning, because my first time out, I waved my arm at a big bug that was threatening to fly into my ear, and the next thing I knew, the snitch was in my hand!
Project Link: I did a mashup of patts from Ravelry, because the wings were too confusing on the 1st one.  Here is where I found the body.  And this is what I used for the wings.  As you can see, Trillian, one of my kitties, approves of the Fluff and catnip stuffing!
Project Pic:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Acadian Driftwood
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #243 on: December 19, 2013 04:59:40 PM »

Yay Moonflame! Great snitch, and the kitty is adorable. Cheesy I also like your little knitted pouches, very sweet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #244 on: December 19, 2013 05:00:25 PM »

I take you want to score for the Puffs?? Tongue
I'll be back with the final score and the other match up later tonight!
(And overdue assigments show-off!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #245 on: December 19, 2013 06:09:26 PM »

That noise? yhea, that was me squeeing. Sorry if I woke you. But...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2526685/Harry-flies-West-End-J-K-Rowling-produce-new-stage-play-based-best-selling-books.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Magpirate
« Reply #246 on: December 19, 2013 08:09:13 PM »

A Harry Potter play?  How exciting!

Moonflame, that snitch is so cute!  Your cat sure seems to be enjoying it.  Smiley  I love the little pouches, too!

I got THREE card exchange cards today!  I sent mine out on Tuesday, so hopefully they'll be arriving soon.  I wanted to make postcards and I was nearly finished with them before I realized they were too big.  Tongue  So I had to send them in envelopes.  Oh well.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Muggle Studies class
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Homemade Pizza!
Brief Description: My girlfriend and I have been trying to cook more since we moved into our new house.  We swap off who makes dinner, and this was one of my better dishes.
Project Picture:

Pizza Sauce

I don't have a set recipe for this - I just heat some minced garlic, chopped onion, basil, oregano, and parsley in a little olive oil for a while then add a can of tomato sauce.  I'll put tomatoes in there too if I have some.  It's hard to get this wrong, just go easy on the spices at first until you know how much to use to get a flavor you like.

Pizza Crust

2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt (leave out this and the baking powder if your girlfriend insisted that you buy self-rising flour the last time you went to the store and now there's no regular flour in the house)
1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese, the cheap kind in the round plastic container
1/2 tsp oregano
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup milk

Preheat oven to 450*F.  Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.  Add milk and oil and stir until mixture forms a ball.  Form in ungreased pan and bake (no toppings yet!) for 5-10 minutes.  You want the crust to harden up a bit so it doesn't get soggy when you put the sauce on.  Remove from oven and add sauce, cheese, and whatever toppings you want.  I put bell peppers, onions, chunks of summer sausage, and lots of parmesan cheese on our pizza.  Bake for another 15-20 minutes, until crust is golden brown.  Devour and enjoy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WhistleFish
« Reply #247 on: December 19, 2013 09:50:44 PM »

Class: Study of Ancient Runes
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Family History Gift
Project Page Link: None
Brief Description: A friend of mine had posted an awesome project on her Instagram and I just had to make my own for some last minute Christmas gifts. I think the notebooks and boxes with prompts (I made all the boxes myself...that's the crafting part) really capture part of the meaning of Wunjo. It's a way to honor the accomplishments and lives of the women in my daughters' life. The box contains questions for the recipient to read for inspiration and they will write their memories/wisdom/advice in a notebook to give back to my daughter. This way she will have a little history of each of her grandmothers/great grandmothers before "it's too late." (Sorry to be a bit grim...)
Project Picture:

@Moonflame:
Adorable snitch! I love the wings!
@noodle-bug: Ahhhh!!!! So exciting!!!! If only I could make it to London...Sad
@magpirate: I love homemade pizza! Doesn't give you that crappy feeling afterward, lol. Looks delicious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #248 on: December 20, 2013 04:12:26 AM »

Those family history prompts are a great idea , really lovely
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #249 on: December 20, 2013 04:55:25 AM »

2nd Quidditch match is up!! *O*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Miso Glazed Chicken Wings
How to Make Burmese Melon Salad
Asian Bites: Traditional Malaysian Chicken Satay Recipe
One Pot Chicken Curry with Garlic Herb Naan Breads
Beef, Snap Pea and Asparagus Stir Fry
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...