A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,031
Currently Running With Scissors:
478 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lightly - Coffee, Wolf Skulls and Moths  (Read 645 times)
Tags for this thread: pen_and_ink , skull , moth  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TheDaytimeHeroes
« on: November 29, 2013 08:55:50 PM »

I've been a major slacker when it comes to keeping this updated with fresh artwork! Whoops!

I love experimenting with mediums, including non-typical painting thingers, such as good old coffee! I've even given painting with fresh berry juice a try!

Skulls are one of my favorite subjects when it comes to art, I've got a crazy fascination with bodies. Yay <3
And moths & butterflies are close runner-ups.

The base is done with India ink, nice lines, and then I went to town with the coffee. Sadly the smell wore off. Sad

Now a question for fellow artists out there, what sort of "non-typical" art supplies have you used before? Any favorites that you continue to use?

Peace out loves!
-D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This message will self-destruct.

Originals, prints and feather paintings!
My Etsy shop--> http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheDaytimeHeroes?ref=si_shop
Deviantart --> http://kodriak.deviantart.com/

~<3
stillatthetop
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013 09:21:33 PM »

Neat! Have you checked out that ketchup painter? He is on YouTube, and very interesting to watch.
And for the smellies? Just make a darker coffee! It might last longer for the scent.

Very wonderful artwork. I really like your shading skills. And the perspective. I can almost feel that I am in the picture, myself! Like it is just in front of me here, and I am touching it. Very wonderful.

Have you thought to submit things for National Geographic...or those types of books? They commission artists for various projects. You would be great for this. Reader's Digest is another one who might take an interest in your work. I see lots of great artists featured there, too. And you are one they should consider.

Please don't hold yourself back...you have a talent. Don't be afraid to put it out there. A "NO" is just that, and keep going. When people see what you can do, there is going to be someone who takes hold on it. If you don't show off...no one can know that you wish to share with the world.

I know that we are secure here with our "show and tell" kind of thing...but you have it going on....GO SHINE! Grin

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
BeaG
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Hi from Belgium!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013 11:52:22 PM »

Beautiful piece of art!
I like how you used coffee. It combines great with the ink.
It gives a sort of sepia effect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lilibet
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013 12:37:12 AM »

I'm but a little crocheter, so I'm keeping my mouth shut about what to use, but wow, what an amazing piece of art. Jaw dropping beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
TheDaytimeHeroes
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013 07:59:24 PM »

Neat! Have you checked out that ketchup painter? He is on YouTube, and very interesting to watch.
And for the smellies? Just make a darker coffee! It might last longer for the scent.

Very wonderful artwork. I really like your shading skills. And the perspective. I can almost feel that I am in the picture, myself! Like it is just in front of me here, and I am touching it. Very wonderful.

Have you thought to submit things for National Geographic...or those types of books? They commission artists for various projects. You would be great for this. Reader's Digest is another one who might take an interest in your work. I see lots of great artists featured there, too. And you are one they should consider.

Please don't hold yourself back...you have a talent. Don't be afraid to put it out there. A "NO" is just that, and keep going. When people see what you can do, there is going to be someone who takes hold on it. If you don't show off...no one can know that you wish to share with the world.

I know that we are secure here with our "show and tell" kind of thing...but you have it going on....GO SHINE! Grin

~T

I have indeed checked out that ketchup painter, its amazing what you can do with well, anything!

Ooh I feel a serious hoppity sort of excitement in my body reading this, I'd absolutely LOVE to do something for a major magazine (or anything major, really). I'm off to go search for some opportunities!!

And thank you so much for your support, it really means the world to me. <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This message will self-destruct.

Originals, prints and feather paintings!
My Etsy shop--> http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheDaytimeHeroes?ref=si_shop
Deviantart --> http://kodriak.deviantart.com/

~<3
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013 08:25:49 PM »

It's great! I really need to try it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
NocturnalCreations

Jeni Guthrie - Nocturnal Creations

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014 04:00:17 PM »

Incredibly detailed, never manage to finish a coffee/tea painting myself without being to tempted to drink it all before i start ^_^'
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Prevent Frizzy Curls in Humidity
How to Take Out Braids
How to Do a Ponytail
How to Braid Black Hair
How to Do Micro Braids
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...