A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 299,182
Currently Running With Scissors:
652 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How do you organize your floss?  (Read 2208 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ActsofCraftiness
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2014 07:49:48 PM »

I'm not sure if those goes here. I have an app I just bought for my iPhone and it is called xstitcher. It is made by coffee shop works and is a great app for a stock list, shopping list and WIP section. I am in no way affiliated with them just bought it and love it.

I keep my floss on bobbins and in clear boxes. I put those in my vintage train case. My project fits on there well and it's easy to transport to my store with me.
Tiff

Hmm . . . I'm going to check it out too. It will take me forever to get all my inventory loaded up, but it would be nice to have all that info at my fingertips afterward.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Archangeldecker
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2014 01:12:29 PM »

I prefer the Floss Away bags for storing my floss. (http://www.joann.com/floss-a-way-econo-pack-100-bags/9847393.html).

I have found that after a few months of being on bobbins, the floss has a tendency to develop kinks that create huge problems later on. I then have to use a Floss Friend (http://www.nordicneedle.com/prod/6997.html) in order to ensure that this does not happen. This was one of the many lessons I learned from stitching on HAEDs. (https://www.heavenandearthdesigns.com/).

HTH! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

---

Respectfully submitted,

C.

"How often have I said that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?" Sherlock Holmes

http://archangeldecker.blogspot.com/
Listessa

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2014 04:37:12 PM »

I've had good luck with that thread heaven against kinks too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
Darlas mom
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2014 08:47:55 PM »

I'm not sure if those goes here. I have an app I just bought for my iPhone and it is called xstitcher. It is made by coffee shop works and is a great app for a stock list, shopping list and WIP section. I am in no way affiliated with them just bought it and love it.

I keep my floss on bobbins and in clear boxes. I put those in my vintage train case. My project fits on there well and it's easy to transport to my store with me.
Tiff

You are awesome!  I am so downloading it!

Hope you guys found the app useful.  My fav part is the shopping list. It makes it so easy to see what you do have and don't.
Tiff
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Crash86
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2014 09:33:48 AM »

I have a HUGE stash I've built up over 20 years and never wound my floss onto bobbins but have started to. I got tired of all the tangled skeins in bags and bits of thread getting lost. I'm not too fussed about the kinks, I'd rather that than all the knots when unwinding from the skein. I use large zip lock bags to organise by numbers and half of my stash fits into a 5 draw stacked container, but even that is crowded. I'm trying to find a better solution but with limited storage space it's hard.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mrs.turner

Jen of all Trades - Master of None.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2014 09:56:24 AM »

I think I've been through almost all the ways of organizing one's floss. I've done the bag system for a while and it worked out for the most part. The bags took up too much room once they were all full. I recently switched over to the clothespin system and I just love it. I have them in an old suitcase along with my other stitching notions and it's great. They don't get tangled! Also, I guess it depends on what kind of space/case you are working with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happy Crafting!
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2014 09:58:13 AM »

I like the clothespin method too. I just have to remember to do it.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
My pinterest
Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2014 12:47:13 PM »

I am way too lazy to wind floss on bobbins or anything... Mine is all stored in a zipper bag and I take out what I need for a specific project and move those skeins to my travel embroidery case where I keep my needles and other stuff.

I like the idea of the snack baggies or the Floss-A-Way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style a Messy Bun with Flowers
How to Tame Summer Frizz
Change Up Your Look with Hair Extensions
How To Get Effortless Beach Wavy Hair
How To Style Your Hair Using A Hair Wand
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...