A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,597
Currently Running With Scissors:
737 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: two music themed donation quilts  (Read 423 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

emisaurus
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: November 25, 2013 11:40:03 PM »

i was asked to make some quilts for a music camp raffle, and so after digging through the combined fabric stashes of mine & my mom's, we came up with these two different quilt.
the gold one i am thrilled with the outcome, the pinwheels and everything turned out just as imagined.
the black and white one i did in the past (also for a music program donation raffle) and while i like how it turned out, it just doesn't seem as "taa daa" to me.
my grandma did all the quilting for me (thank goodness!)

alas, these were the only photos i got.
i had a text from my dad asking if the quilt was done, i replied "yes, but i need to take pictures of it" thinking he would wait until i did that...
but i got home, and the quilt was gone...  *sigh*  at least he took one for me.  haha
one detail photo and quilt pattern links here Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013 12:00:13 AM »

I like both of them. I had dreams of making a black and white quilt many years ago, but alas...a project that just did not happen, even though I collected some fave fabrics. I have since repurposed them into other things. Maybe one day I will re-live that dream. I like how the pattern/print stands out more than just with color quilts {though I like those too}. And can blend with darn near anything/color in a room.

Your pinwheels look perfect "on point". And I like the addition of the intermixed squares for that one. I hope the raffle goes good! They look wonderful. And glad your family can all share in this.  Grin

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
SiFi Mom

I own too many beads!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013 04:25:54 PM »

I like both of them too.  But the pinwheel is my favourite. It looks so hard to make, but it looks perfect to me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SiFi Mom, aka Nancy
Crafting is my mental therapy!
emisaurus
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013 11:11:48 PM »

I like both of them. I had dreams of making a black and white quilt many years ago, but alas...a project that just did not happen, even though I collected some fave fabrics. I have since repurposed them into other things. Maybe one day I will re-live that dream. I like how the pattern/print stands out more than just with color quilts {though I like those too}. And can blend with darn near anything/color in a room.

Your pinwheels look perfect "on point". And I like the addition of the intermixed squares for that one. I hope the raffle goes good! They look wonderful. And glad your family can all share in this.  Grin

~T
aw thanks!
i did another black and white top, and it turned out much more visually interesting than this one.  i think it just takes a combo of the right fabrics and the right pattern.  i still have yet to find a collection of prints that works really well in that pattern.
these are probably the best pinwheels i've ever done in my life.  haha. 
I like both of them too.  But the pinwheel is my favourite. It looks so hard to make, but it looks perfect to me.
thanks so much!  i'm so happy with how the pinwheel one turned out Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Corel Painter Essentials 4 - Rob McDonald
Photoshop Tutorial - Pixel Stretching NewDarkRoom
Photoshop Skin Softening NewDarkRom
Photoshop Eye Colorization
Photoshop Selective Colorization NewDarkRoom
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...