A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,761
Currently Running With Scissors:
508 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap Round 9 Gallery  (Read 9145 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beeker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Meep!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #120 on: January 10, 2014 07:11:46 AM »

I got a wonderful thank you gift from Princesspimp81! I will get pics posted this weekend. She did get her angel package.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:

RaNdoM SwAp rouND 5 - crAfTinG!!
P_E_S_T

Toes wrapped in wool, fingers wrapped in clay

Hanging out in the woods

« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2014 10:33:01 AM »

Oh Christmassy party goers - I am so sad I haven't been able to post up pictures of the bounteous wonderment that Ratfinks put together for me. Lets just say its been a mega couple of weeks launching into 2014 !
So firstly, for those who didn't read in the blast ratfinks wrote for me, I really encouraged her to recycle and re-use and re-purpose and boy did she do well.
Secondly, I have to apologise firstly and say that because I have taken my photos after the Christmas tidy up, there are a few items missing from the photo gallery - so I have asked Ratfinks to post up her photos of the bits I miss.

The stocking is one of those things I don't have photos of, but let me explain that I asked Ratfinks To make a santas sack for our soul daughter - Helene (she is our foster daughter), it was a beautiful black satin one with a lovely lacey top and a ribbon, sadly the name was wrong but it only took a few stitches to sort it.

Ok, so firstly the little bits....... Ratfinks made a felt penguin for each of my boys, she also bought them some reindeer food which we didn't find till after Christmas lol (that shows how good I was at not ruffling through the box !!!) and so we will use them next year. SHe made a little bee key ring for my husband, she also bought a book for each of the boys and a little craft kit. Helene also got a "welcome to Uni life" kit Smiley We also got some gold hanging decorations and a little snowman, and a magnet for my fridge Smiley

I also got a lovely felted wall hanging which Im going to add to my prayer flags and hang it in my barn Smiley

This is a wonderful festoon of jewels - at least a metre and a half, all strung on a good sturdy wire - at Christmas we had these along our fireplace but they will be going to the barn, Im going to wrap them round a beam Smiley

Some lovely turquoise jewellery which I wore last weekend to a dinner date. Your beading on that bracelet is superb and I cant believe it was your first attempt Ratfinks !!!

Now some gorgeous knitted bunting accented with beads - this so has a place in the barn - I just added some superglue to the ends of each triangle to stop it gathering x

A lovely fun mirror with a wonderful statement, which Im sure is close to Ratfinks heart x

And my most most most most most favourite thing ever ever ever - this hanging windchime made from silver cutlery. - I have a long beaded candle holder which this hangs perfectly over creating the most amazing ceiling centre piece. Soooo many friends have commented, and Ratfinks - - Did you hear it chime Huh Its BLISS - like a cathedral bell

Look at the twisty fork prongs Smiley

Thankyou so much for your patience dearest one xxxx I loved swapping with you - and I cant wait to welcome you into the barn when its finished Smiley)))
Maybe we can get some of the USA craftsters over for a UK crafting convention at my barn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/kaydensmumm/

LATEST project - I'm compiling a "handed down" recipes boom and so if I get you in a swap, would you be so kind to find a recipe from your childhood. type it up - if you want to decorate, then please do :

There was a woman who felted
And felted all day long
Ratfinkz
Rataholic

Animal Mad!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2014 11:42:20 AM »

Don't worry about delay in posting - as I said, Life happens!!! *hugs*

Here is the sack I made for Helene - I am sorry again I got the name wrong -  so stupid of me - but glad it was easily fixable!!

a close up of the embroidery - the snow is made from tiny silver coloured beads / spacers

The top -

the sack initially was a skirt - with the black fabric as the lining and the black / white polka dots the outer layer. The lace was a table cloth I bought - I cut the middle out and used it on the university box - and sewed the outside to the top of the sack.

The uni box:
inside it was a notebook, a diary, pens, a different notebook and this owl pencil holder - oh and chocolate!

The owl was a wooden one found in a charity shop - I drilled a pen size hole in his head and then painted him black and white / silver.

The gold glittery baubles:

made from air drying clay I had in my stash - painted with a metallic gold and then covered in gold glitter glue.

I made these coasters from hama beads (same as perler) but over melted them as I preferred the affect - then glued felt onto the bottom of them.

She requested I make her some food pouches lined with denim - so I made these from material I found in a charity shop and an old pair of my jeans

I think that was about all!

The snowman did have a carrot nose when he left here - that seems to have come off during his journey - sorry!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

Jack of most crafts master of none.

My craft blog. If you are swapping with me be warned this may contain spoilers
http://ratfinkzcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
Ratfinkz
Rataholic

Animal Mad!

« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2014 11:43:12 AM »

I meant to say - I am glad you liked things, even if they werent perfect - a lot of time and love went into each of the items Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

P_E_S_T

Toes wrapped in wool, fingers wrapped in clay

Hanging out in the woods

« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2014 11:51:29 AM »

Thank you for putting those other bits up xxx the wooden owl is being used to contain all her insence I think Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/kaydensmumm/

LATEST project - I'm compiling a "handed down" recipes boom and so if I get you in a swap, would you be so kind to find a recipe from your childhood. type it up - if you want to decorate, then please do :

There was a woman who felted
And felted all day long
Ratfinkz
Rataholic

Animal Mad!

« Reply #125 on: January 10, 2014 12:05:59 PM »

That's quite alright Smiley Glad she is getting use from it! keep in touch Mrs - you're not allowed to disappear now we have finished Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2014 09:59:19 AM »

Thank you all for participating in the 2013 Christmas Stocking Swap!  I hope to see you all in 2014!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beeker

Meep!

« Reply #127 on: January 13, 2014 06:30:36 AM »

This is from the thank you package that Princesspimp81 sent me!
It is a really fun gingerbread box with some goodies inside.
sorry the pics are so dark

I may try and look for the pics I took of my angel package that I sent if she isn't able to post pics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:

jexxican

« Reply #128 on: January 13, 2014 06:47:27 AM »

How sweet! I guess she really liked your package then, eh Beeker?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
beeker

Meep!

« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2014 07:26:43 AM »

Here's my angel package
I tried to stuff everything I could in one box  Grin I'm not sure I got everything pictured, you know how it is when you start stuffing things in a box.  Wink

I had a lot of fun putting it together!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Embellishing Knit Scarves
How to Make a Yoga Bag
How to Make String Lamp Shades
How to Comb Paint to Make Patterns
Handcrafted Cards Using Cookie Cutter Stencils
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...