A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,076
Currently Running With Scissors:
727 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap Round 9 Gallery  (Read 10314 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ratfinkz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Rataholic

Animal Mad!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2013 03:45:30 PM »

OK - prepare to be jealous! I think I got the best partner in the whole swap, receiving my parcel didn't feel like receiving a swap package - it felt like receiving a parcel from a friend - it is SO clear everything was made with love! This post will be very pic heavy.

P_E_S_T told me she was having a 'crafted or second hand' Christmas - and asked if I was ok with her fitting me in with that- well I was most definitely happy to do so - apart from anything shopping the charity shops for crafting materials was awesome fun! Secondly, I received some amazing presents - and none of them had a negative impact on the environment - perfect!!

I apologise for the many photos - but so many items can not be shown properly in just one photo!

Opening the package felt like a present in itself - everything was wrapped so beautifully. There was a layer consisting of the stocking, a card and some tissue paper which looked pretty enough by itself....

but when I lifted the tissue up - wow, just wow! I will let you see for yourself - but the photo does not show all of the parcels or beautiful paper unfortunately!

even the card is beautiful enough to deserve a close up photo of its very own!

The first thing I allowed myself to open was a very pretty purple box - there were two knitted hanging things knitted from a sari - (WOW!) that I can hang in a room or in my cupboard and put some of the included scent on in order to make the room / cupboard smell nice! I love these - and the scent is amazing - will definitety be putting one in my cupboard!

Whilst stalking my partner I realised she was an AMAZING needle felter! This is a craft I am enjoying learning - so asked her if she could send any tips etc to help me - well she sent me this AMAZING Travelling felting kit. It wraps up like a needle or paintbrush roll but has a lot more compartments inside. Each of these contained fleece with one reserved for needles and one for a needle holder. Even more amazing the fleece was some she had made herself. She gets fleece from a friend who lives in a windmill (jealous much) and keeps two sheep - and then turns it into this beautiful batting for felting with

outside and inside - and below is a shot of all the beautiful colours she sent!

Then came a roll of reusable kitchen towel - which I have wanted for a long, long time! The towels have such lovely fabric on the back - cant wait to use these!

and the lovely fabrics she used on the backs
As if all that is not enough there is a LOT more to come! Firstly a 'memory book' which took my breath away! It has a page for every month of the year - on the front of the page is an envelope for putting a 'memory' in each month - photo, ticket, poem etc etc etc and on the back of every page is a little crafty object for me to open each month and make something using it - such a clever idea - and so very beautifully decorated (she found out I loved magical folk from my pinterest)

Then - and now you get to see what I mean when I say she is an amazing needle felter, I received a beautiful, beautiful felted tealight holder. Again when I was stalking her I saw and immediately pinned another one she had made - not because I thought she was my partner so I ought to pin something she made - but because I genuinely loved it - well, I now have my very own and mine is even prettier!!!

And then, oh and then, something which not only took my breath away but actually made me cry - I LOVE dragons and have quite a few on my pinterest - were this one not made for me it would have been at the top of my pin board - I do not think even somebody who knew me could make anything so perfectly 'me' let alone someone I've only been talking to for a few months - meet Samphire:

As well as all that hand crafted wonderfulness she sent me a good collection of 'bought' items - starting with this little mouse / rat (I am a rat keeper and collect model / toy rats / mice.

A huge selection of cross stitch kits, two christmas trees, and some rat nail decals  - one of the cross stitches dates from 1993 - WOW!!!! I will have such fun with these!

and a ready done cross stitch saying I <3 Christmas

I also had an incense stick holder and some insence sticks - but I forgot to take a pic of those! And lastly, as if all that is not enough - she sent a jar of honey from her own bees, and some home made christmas chutney for my husband - I have not taken photos of these as he promptly put them away in the cupboard - but he is very pleased and has asked me to say thank you very much - he is looking forward to tasting them! (he is a proper 'foodie')

I hope I have remembered everything - please poke me if I have forgotten anything!!! And again - thank you so MUCH, not only have I had enormous fun crafting for you - but I so love everything you have sent for me! I need someone like you in my life to help me achieve my aim of living a greener life - so dont think you're getting away too easily now! Wink XXX
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

Jack of most crafts master of none.

My craft blog. If you are swapping with me be warned this may contain spoilers
http://ratfinkzcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
Homerof2

Loving life being a full-time wife

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2013 04:33:15 PM »

Let me add another WOW!  What an amazing package!  I'm going to be looking forward to this gallery over the next few weeks as packages start to arrive.

But I do have to disagree with you about getting the best partner because I got the best  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ratfinkz

Rataholic

Animal Mad!

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2013 04:34:57 PM »

Let me add another WOW!  What an amazing package!  I'm going to be looking forward to this gallery over the next few weeks as packages start to arrive.

But I do have to disagree with you about getting the best partner because I got the best  Grin

Sorry but the evidence says you are wrong, very very wrong =P
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

Ratfinkz

Rataholic

Animal Mad!

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2013 04:37:58 PM »

Although having just looked back in the thread maybe we should share the top spot for best partners!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2013 05:46:41 PM »

I just love it when two people click like that as partners in a swap on Craftster!  It's one of the best feelings in the whole world!  And that was a really lovely package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
stillatthetop
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2013 06:07:39 PM »

Poopy poopy to you Ratfinkz. You are totally unbelievably spoiled! What a wonderful package. I think that pest gal has just upped the bar for all of us!!! Wow. What totally neat gifts. Good luck with the needle felt work. And the fact that it came from an actual local-ish farm??? Even better. And recycled is good for me, too. Sis and I have a contest every year at Christmas...a Goodwill gift, and we leave on the price tag, to see who wins. There is nothing wrong with regifting. Or repurposing things. If it goes where someone can enjoy it.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
margiej
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2013 07:15:22 PM »

Got my package today from Luvebuggy99, and it was so fantastic I can't even begin to tell you how much I am enjoying it!  I cant post pictures (my partner will), but it has the most fantastic stocking of brown felt with leather fringe around the top and beaded with jillion turquoise beads, it is just perfect!  I've never seen anything like it!  and there is a fairy jar, with gold and glitter and mushrooms and grass and some little fairies dangling from the top above their territory, plus a fairy in a plastic bubble that is too cute, a gypsy shrine with a minature crystal ball, the prettest organizer, tons of extras! 

No, I think MY partner is the winner in your bestest contest!!!  Thank you so much Luvbuggy99!  And its funny, her last name is the same as my maiden name was, I think that is interesting! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2013 07:31:18 PM »

Ratfinkz, that is a great package indeed!  I think I need a traveling felting kit AND some re-usable paper towels in my life!

margiej, I was over at Luvebuggy99's house for several hours over the past month, while we were working on our swap packages together.  You're right, there were a JILLION turquoise beads on that stocking -- I think we had to go back for more at least twice, heheh.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013 07:31:59 PM by vincentvanbuck » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
  • Yet Another TM Patch Swap R. 3
  • Fall/Character Ninni
  • Christmas Stocking Swap R. 10
  • October ATC (organizer)

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
Luvebuggy99

Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2013 07:48:18 PM »

I'm so glad you liked everything MargieJ Smiley I had a lot of fun making everything.

Here are the photos of what I sent her...

First the stocking, Margie likes southwest style stuff so I made her a moccasin style stocking (the beading took FOREVER! It was def a labor of love)

Next I made her a sewing organizer, I'm still learning how to use my sewing machine, but this is the first project I completed all on my own Smiley

Inside

Next is a Fairy on a flower. The fairy is made out of polymer clay

I put a ribbon around her so she could be hung up somewhere, kinda a play on an over sized ornament

I also made her a little toadstool glass terrarium, there are mushrooms made out of polymer clay, gold rocks, moss and glitter and some fairies flying around

Top view

Next is a Gypsy shrine, I had a lot of fun making this one and now i'm addicted to shrines

Front:

Back:

Side:

Inside:

And I sent her some extras too:

The ceramic ornaments are hand painted by me, and I wanted to make sure she got some Christmas post cards from my hometown of San Antonio

This was such a fun swap, and I'm glad Margie liked everything Smiley

Can't wait to see my package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swap 'til you drop!

I love swapping altered puzzle pieces! PM ME! Smiley
vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2013 08:51:13 PM »

They are all great projects, but the Gypsy Shrine has to be my favorite.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
  • Yet Another TM Patch Swap R. 3
  • Fall/Character Ninni
  • Christmas Stocking Swap R. 10
  • October ATC (organizer)

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Woolen Willy Warmer Part 15/21
How to Crochet a Woolen Willy Warmer Part 10/21
How to Crochet a Waffle Cable Stitch Part 8/9
How to Crochet a Waffle Cable Stitch Part 9/9
How to Crochet a Waffle Cable Stitch Part 7/9
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...