A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,131
Currently Running With Scissors:
572 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap Round 9 Gallery  (Read 9424 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2013 10:20:16 AM »

I received from my partner, Sugarmaestro, today!

As most of you know by now, I am unable to take or post photos, but I can leave one heck of a great description, so that's what I'm going to do now!  Cheesy

Here goes:

-A note with the swap package written on kawaii-style stationery that happened to have a deer on it.  Sugarmaestro drew a Santa hat on the deer!  It made me giggle!   Cheesy

-I have participated in this swap for several rounds now, and also have no storage space anymore  Sad so I asked that in lieu of a stocking, if my partner could make me drawstring gift bag(s) that I could use for gifts this holiday season.  Boy did she deliver!  The first bag is a LARGE one, with magenta ribbon to tie it closed and a large graphic flower print in several bright colors.  She happened to keep the large orange flower featured on the front and back of the bag  Wink so I'm thinking I might just have to keep this one for myself!

-Two green felt topped, red button and red drying cloth, with a lace ribbon across dish towels to hang from your oven handle.  So festive, well made, and much needed!

-One medium sized drawstring bag, this one in a maroon and cream small leaf print with a cream colored ribbon to tie it; and small maroon drawstring bags with lace on the bottoms of them.  Again, very much needed...I give gifts to a LOT of people!  Cheesy

-Sugarmaestro must have studied my Pinterest.  On my 'How Beautiful!' board, I have a TON of sea glass pinned, and boy did she deliver on this item:  A small glass jar with a shell glued on top to keep the most beautiful little pieces of seaglass inside!  I have never seen so perfectly rounded pieces of seaglass, nor do I have any yellow seaglass in my collection-till now!

-A green metal tin which I will either use for storage myself or use it to put a gift in for someone else.

-A box with red glitter and a bow to use to put a gift in.

-A lanyard in bright orange and turquoise beads.  It is quite bright and it made me giggle, b/c I work as a preschool teacher, and after naptime, it is quite difficult to wake up some of the students.  I might just wave this lanyard in front of them to wake them up!  Again, it's a much wanted and needed item.

I'm so glad that I stayed home today and stalked the postman!  Thank you sugarmaestro!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
geekgirl1000100
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2013 03:01:11 PM »

I received my great package from GatorWrangler.

The stocking - love the material she used

The crafted items:

First - some crocheted fingerless gloves (in Tardis blue  Grin )  My office is always freezing so these will be handy

Appropriately geeky button magnets

The cutest cat toy, an awesome Tardis stamp, a pretty bracelet and a key charm necklace which I wore to work today.

Christmas themed Mixed media canvas

Tree and bird silouette canvases similar to ones I have pinned

A Christmas themed pouch - I love bags

The bought items:

Burt bees lip balm  and tiny organizers - I love containers

Christmas themed game and ornaments, my favorite stocking stuffer candy from when I was a kid and my favorite gum

And a cute holiday scarf

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2013 04:38:19 PM »

We sure are in a great group of crafters. Sevs always does such a great job matching us up, doesn't she? It blows my mind every time!
As a felter, though, I feel partial to the package PEST sent.
I am supposed to receive tomorrow but I won't open it until after I send, hopefully Friday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2013 07:28:50 PM »

geekgirl1000100, that's a nice package from GatorWrangler!  I like the tree and bird canvases the best.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
  • Altered Puzzle Pieces Rd. 9
  • Mini 13 Days of Halloween R. 6
  • July Ongoing ATC Swap (co-org only)
  • August Ongoing ATC Swap (co-org only)

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
RedMenace
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2013 07:55:17 PM »

I received my package from beeker and I was totally spoiled! Grin

First, not one, but two stockings! One for me, and one for my little man (his is still full of candy!)

Normally I would post a pic of everything all together, but I literally could not fit everything in a single picture Shocked So in no particular order:

A tinsel wreath, awesome rainbow twirly scarf, gift tags made from old sheet music, and a beautiful gourd birdhouse (I was so so excited when I opened this up, I was really hoping for a birdhouse after stalking you!)

Here's a close-up of the birdhouse, with beautiful flowery woodburning decorations

Sheet music gift tags, lots of different shapes and sizes

Two skeins of hand-spun yarn... I've been knitting for probably 15 years now, and this is my first hand-spun yarn, I love it!

Adorable felted owl pouch and a set of quilted pouches

Matching roll-ups for me and my son (his has crayons and other portable art supplies inside... and a little doggy finger puppet who was quickly snatched up!)

Beautifully embroidered hot/cold pad

Fabrics, an owl ring and bracelets - I looove the green bracelet, I haven't taken it off Cheesy

And lots and lots more! Snowman mints and gum, tons of beads, sushi erasers, a puppy stuffed toy (my son grabbed the puppy as soon as he saw it, declared "I love him" and started feeding him the sushi erasers... adorable Grin) all sorts of little toys for my son, yummy bath soap, lip balm, a photo wallet (I really needed one of these!), ornaments, candy..... the list goes on and on!

Phew! That was a seriously awesome package and the photos really don't do it justice! Thank you so so much beeker Grin Your stocking is on its way to you too, due to arrive tomorrow, I believe.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013 07:58:03 PM by RedMenace » THIS ROCKS   Logged

GatorWrangler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2013 09:16:51 PM »

I'm going to be posting pictures of the awesome package I received very soon, I just have to get them off my camera. I just wanted to post a picture of the bird art I made all lined up. The background is from old computer books since geekgirl1000100 said she liked computer geek items. As a web developer, I also like things like that. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

My Pinterest
GatorWrangler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2013 11:58:12 PM »

Here is my package from geekgirl1000100 Smiley

a very pretty, stuffed stocking. I feel bad that I didn't wrap the things I gave geekgirl1000100. I didn't even think of it.

tons of goodies inside!
Bookmarks with quotes, women reading notecards, an owl mug, snowflake ornaments, Blythe dresses, a flower headband, North Carolina magnet, hair ties, owl key cap, dish scrubbies, ornament hooks and owl ornaments. Can you tell I like owls?! And I already wore the headband.
But the dish scrubbies are way too nice to use for that purpose, so I plan to use them as coasters Smiley

Here are some close-ups of some of my favorite items:

a drawing of my dog, Pocono. This is AMAZING!!!

I received a whole box of quilled snowflakes and they are all different and all completely beautiful  Grin

I received 3 wooden snowflakes. These are so cool

Thank you so much for my package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

My Pinterest
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2013 03:28:13 AM »

Wow.  That's all I can say is WOW. Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
WingsOfClay
Tutorial Contributor

I Love Craftster Swaps!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2013 03:54:30 AM »

WOW  Shocked Shocked Shocked The gallery is EXPLODING! I really love the gourd birdhouse that Beeker made, and everything I have seen! Can't wait to receive too Smiley

Only because I know that my partner, SweetYetEvil, already received, here is a quick teaser-pic of one of the items I made for her:

I was so excited about this little guy, I HAD to post!!!

Here's a tute showing how I made him, and how u can make your own for less than $2:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=429486.0#axzz2mbEzpxMf
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013 03:58:40 AM by WingsOfClay » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make it, thrift it, mend it, or make-do without it!
stacysews
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2013 02:27:43 PM »

Everything has been so awesome so far! I adore that gourd birdhouse and that nutcracker is AWESOME!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Pumpkin Pie with Pecan Crumble Topping
Stress-Free Holiday Desserts
How to Make a Caramel Apple Sundae in an Apple Bowl
Glamorous Gingerbread Cupcakes for the Holidays
How to Make Jamaretti Cookies
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...