A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,544
Currently Running With Scissors:
681 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pink Pearl/Silver Bow Earrings - Member Poll!  (Read 510 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

leighmatheson
« on: November 16, 2013 04:39:49 AM »

So, I finished these cuties last night and I am in LOVE with them! Earrings consist of silver plated findings, pink glass pearl and silver plated bow charm.

Now for the poll. What would you feel comfortable paying for a pair of these? I'm torn with my pricing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft Happily Yours,
Leigh
stillatthetop
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013 09:55:16 AM »

Not knowing the expense of the materials, it would be hard to guess.

But I will say, that the standard mark up rates are 200% the cost of materials, plus what you feel is a comfortable labor rate.

So, if they took 1 hour to build, and you wish, say $10 an hour, and the cost of supplies was, say $15...than $40 would be the charging rate.

Keep in mind, that these earrings are beautiful, and will last the customer their lifetime, if they are well cared for. It is an investment. And your skills are worth something to people who could not dream of doing this themself.

People don't mind plopping down $40 for some stupid Made in China plastic from WalMart  Grin Sorry to members from China, but I really don't like your stuff!

So in summery: price them high. You can always offer a discount rate later  Grin

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
leighmatheson
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013 01:53:06 PM »

Thanks T, for your valuable insight! I will say, due to my frugality and Ebay, I have about $2 worth of supplies invested in these babies and it only took about 15 minutes to assemble. (I've done it a time or two, lol!) My mother felt I should ask $10 for a pair, but I just wasn't comfortable with that as the charm is not solid sterling silver but silver plated. I've began asking $8 per pair, which pays me about $16/hr for my time, after doubling the markup for supplies. I'm pretty content with that.
That being said, I wound up selling two pairs today as I was wearing them into a local store. I guess the price is right!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft Happily Yours,
Leigh
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013 09:45:05 AM »

$8-10 sounds right. $2 and 15 minutes, you can make a ton of those and make money. Well, somebody has to buy them first, heh. They're certainly cute, but so are a lot of other earrings, so the real challenge is to find customers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To: Create Classic Waves With Pin Curls
How to Get Big Hair With Serge Normant
The Tricks to Growing Long, Beautiful Hair
Zac Posen Proves That Crimped Hair Can Be Glamorous at NYFW Fall 2013
How to Create the Blair Waldorf Hairstyle from "Gossip Girl"
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...