A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,127
Currently Running With Scissors:
634 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help Creating a Pattern  (Read 636 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

D.Bluemoon
« on: November 15, 2013 07:18:47 PM »

I've done quite a few cross stitching projects so far but I have never gotten down the knack of creating patterns. I work for eBay and would really like to stitch the logo as a gift for one of my coworkers. Would any of you amazingly talented fellow stitchers be able to help me out with a pattern or giving me some good tips on how you turn a picture into a pattern. I know this is a pretty simple on but I'm totally stumped as to how to get the font right. Thanks!

P.s. I would like this to be pretty small since I have a mini frame to put it in but really any size would be great.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
stillatthetop
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013 07:36:22 PM »

Just print your little logo onto some grid paper 1/8" I think is the smallest available, but you can divide halfs there, to be 1/16". Use cross stitch on the proper scale aida cloth...and stitch! You have a great clean outline. If you are comfortable with free embroidery, then work from that...just print your pattern in the size you are wanting, trace to cloth...and stitch!

You can also run fabric through your printer  Grin And print directly onto that. Then stitch! Cotton muslin works best for this, I believe.
Here is a tute: http://www.instructables.com/id/Inkjet-Printing-on-Fabric/
Hope this helps  Grin

~T

har har...just noticed that this tute was published BY A MAN!!! Don't know why that strikes me funny, but it does! I guess I am just getting used to all the girlie juice on here! Oh well. It can all come out in the wash!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013 07:59:33 PM by stillatthetop » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
Listessa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013 11:50:59 PM »

You could also try one of those cross stitch pattern created programs!  KG Stitch is very good, and free.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
D.Bluemoon
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013 05:24:15 PM »

Thanks for the help! I ended up downloading MacStitch and it works really well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Listessa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013 11:18:03 PM »

Yay!  Great to hear it.  Don't forget to post a picture when you finish your stitching.  Smiley  I can't wait to see it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Upload HD Video in Sony Vegas
How to Apply Digital Tattoos
How to Create Sound in After Effects
How to Use The Liquefy Filter
Photoshop CS4 new features
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...