A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,147
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Coupla books  (Read 922 times)
Tags for this thread: coptic_stitch , bookbinding  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Another Jennifer
« on: November 13, 2013 08:45:54 PM »

I bound a coupla books.  One has a Coptic stitch binding and the other has a piano hinge binding.  For both I used random book and magazine and found paper pages.  It was really fun and I plan to make a bunch more.

Here are some pages out of an earlier book. I guess I didn't take any of the latest book pages.

Thanks for looking, I hope you liked them and I hope I posted in the right place!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jen

I blogged whatever project you are looking at right here:  jenniferfalkowski.c om/
calixita

thought I heard a saxophone; I'm drunk on the moon

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013 10:19:11 PM »

Nice!  I love the look of handbound books. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013 11:25:29 AM »

Ooooyeee. So glad I found you-e  Grin
Those are wonderful books. I only recently tried this art. But I love it.
I will have to research the piano binding...but I scored good with the coptic stitch on the book I made.
Very theraputical, once you get everything arranged.
I wish I had some scans to share with you...but I made it a similar way to yours. With just recycled kind of papers...maps, and grid pages left over from daughter's school days, and other random paper bits that fit the bill.
Then I spent about a week or better on the computer, to get journal prompts and print them for the tops of my pages. Ideas like, what was your favorite teacher, and why...or...what holiday would you say is your favorite, and why...or...where would you love to take a vacation. Plan for IT!  Roll Eyes

Oh...I have sample books from a wallpaper place {they throw out last year's models, often} And that is what I made my book cover from. It is very textured, like you would see at your dentist office...and sort of plastic-ey.
And I added photo corners {these are larger than most...from the scrapbook section of the art store} With a "Your photo here" panel for the front. Mine is titled "All About Me". Have not wrote in it yet. I've been working on some other journal stuff.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
Another Jennifer
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013 01:18:46 PM »

Please share pictures. friend!  I just made two more, both with the piano hinge.  I'm trying to come up with a glue free way to attach ribbons to the paper to make the hinge.  I want to teach a class with it and the glue takes too long to dry.
I used washi tape but it looks kinda meh. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jen

I blogged whatever project you are looking at right here:  jenniferfalkowski.c om/
stillatthetop
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013 02:04:18 PM »

I don't have a means to do this...scanner down...printer down. And my $75 camera...not rigged up yet. For as much as I am on here...still a bit of a cyber-dummy  Grin Self-proclaimed. Let me do a search in my records. I may have some pages in there...BRB...with update.

~T

Yeah...found it!
Sh****t. Won't stick here. I have the darndest time with images here.
share your email with me? And I can post them that way. I won't abuse it, I promise.  Wink
Poop. I am riding my arsh off here...but no luck. Am I a doofus, or what???  Roll Eyes There just has to be a way that these photos get in. I just don't know how to do it!  Tongue

Oh, hey! "Lightbulb"! I will add it on my Pinterest. Look in there...Sally Ride. Whew. Problem solved. Yup. Got some samples in there, now. Look in my art made by me board. Whew.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013 02:43:07 PM by stillatthetop » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
Juliska
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013 02:24:41 AM »

Seems like we have a similar taste with handmade things  Smiley - just commented your beautiful indigo quilt and now found your beautiful books - I made one for my friend with coptic stich, mixing blank paper with magazine pages and souvenirs...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beard Transplant: New Fashion Craze? Really?
Nicole Richie Dyes Her Hair Purple
Ashish Fall 2014 London Fashion Week
How to Style Wavy Hair
Top 4 Secrets to Longer Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!
Meatless Monday: Marinated Pasta Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...