A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
492 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I Heart Tea Swap Rd 2 - Sendout 1/06/2014  (Read 17530 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Rosie1981

Wanderlust.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2013 12:31:38 PM »

My Tea story:  I wasn't born in the South, I was transplanted to Florida when I was four so I guess I'm a Cracker at heart.  Sweet tea was a staple growing up.  My mom usually had two or three jars of sun tea on the back patio through out the week.  Her motto was "the sweeter the better"... I unfortunately like a little more tea than sugar. Smiley  My Aunt Yo introduced me to all the other varieties of tea like oolong, white, green and Darjeeling and other herbals.   I like honey in my tea instead of sugar and most of the time, since I live in Florida, I like to chill a gallon at a time.  It irks my hubby because he sometimes slips and drinks my tea instead of his.  (DH is a simple iced tea drinker, no thrills) I'm happy that our little one like to taste my tea before her daddy's.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Averia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2013 05:49:11 AM »

I'm a northerner - for me, tea is a hot beverage.

My hubby likes his with more milk and sugar than tea but I don't add anything. I start the morning with a mug of Oolong and keep adding hot water all day long whenever it gets empty or too cold. One lovely thing about Oolong is you can't steep it too long. It never gets bitter even when you leave the leaves in it all day. This works well for me since I am the world's most forgetful person.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.:dollface:.
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2013 08:19:15 PM »

I plan to sign up in Saturday because that's when I'll have access to a real computer (on my phone now). Hope it won't be full by then :S
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest
Wist

I do personal swaps!
TrickyMcVomit

Uniclown.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2013 09:31:01 PM »

Sometimes I bring a hot cup on my short walk to work, but I mostly like to have it right around bed time. I've also recently started brewing fruit teas for Iced tea. My boyfriend and I have been trying to cut out crap and it's so much better than having soda in the house. I also like the idea of just making more when I run out.  =0)

I don't usually "dress" my hot tea. I will use milk and sugar on occasion, if it's spiced.
Iced gets light sugar, if any.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DreamWeaverDIY
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2013 08:14:23 AM »

Questionairre Sent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ale0059
Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. -Unknown

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2013 01:37:55 PM »

I am in texas too and my love of tea definitely originated with summer sun tea (which i still make every summer) and general iced tea. Also, my mom always make me hot tea whenever I felt sick. I have uber sinus issues so it was a lot. I began to branch out on my own a little in high school and a lot in college. With a majorly stressful job (head JH orchestra director) tea and coffee are my vices. Coffee or english/irish breakfast tea for the kick of caffiene. Lady grey with honey and lemon when I am sick or worn down at work, and sleepytime to destress and help me sleep. I like loose leaf tea but they are usually to expensive; I really like to go to tevana and taste their teas. I have a hot water maker in my office that I use almost exclusively for tea. I have a sensitive stomach and so despite my love for coffee i can't always have as much as i want, but I am able to have lots of tea! I am really excited for this swap and i hope i get some new tea to try! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves personal swaps! Smiley
gerbilgal

I love knitting and my gerbils.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2013 05:44:21 PM »

I have two spots left unless someone wants to co-organize with me. It is an easy job. Just keeping track of a group crafters of when they send and receive. Otherwise, once I get two more crafters, I will have to close signups early!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gerbilgal1/
Squeaky Knitting: http://www.etsy.com/shop/gerbilgal

Current Swaps:
I Heart Tea 2: Signups
A2K

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2013 04:03:05 AM »

I have two spots left unless someone wants to co-organize with me. It is an easy job. Just keeping track of a group crafters of when they send and receive. Otherwise, once I get two more crafters, I will have to close signups early!

I will gladly co-org if you need someone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2013 04:19:09 AM »

I've got another tea question for folks - hope this is allowed - since I'm getting really curious based on people's tea stories. So: how do you take your tea - and where are you from?

I'm from Ontario, Canada. (I'm also half Irish, which may mean something to my tea habits - my German half not so much). My usual is hot black  or otherwise rich teas with milk and sugar/sweetener. I'm pretty sure most Americans don't usually use milk? You never really see black tea without it in my area. My green, white, herbal, and fruit teas I drink plain though. And I DO now drink iced teas, but that's not particularly common at home. At least not "real" iced tea. . .

Oh, and Canadians, in my area at least, would say either "tea" or "iced tea". Because tea is assumed to be hot, unless it's specifically stated otherwise (I've figured out when travelling down to Florida that I generally need to order by saying "hot tea").
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gerbilgal

I love knitting and my gerbils.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2013 02:15:13 PM »

Excellent Question!  I love black tea. I always put a little milk in my tea. My dad always did it also. My surname is English so maybe it is in the family history?  Funny you should ask that. My dad came from a large family. His mom and them always drank tea as kids. When they grew up, everyone else switched to tea except my dad. Dad is where my tea drinking came from. There is just something about tea I love. Also, it makes me feel dad is with me whenever I have a cup. I sometimes drink white teas but it seems I always go back to black tea. My current favorite is Celestial Seasonings Nutcracker Sweet. It is really good. Only need a little milk. it is sweet  enough with the vanilla in it.

I've got another tea question for folks - hope this is allowed - since I'm getting really curious based on people's tea stories. So: how do you take your tea - and where are you from?

I'm from Ontario, Canada. (I'm also half Irish, which may mean something to my tea habits - my German half not so much). My usual is hot black  or otherwise rich teas with milk and sugar/sweetener. I'm pretty sure most Americans don't usually use milk? You never really see black tea without it in my area. My green, white, herbal, and fruit teas I drink plain though. And I DO now drink iced teas, but that's not particularly common at home. At least not "real" iced tea. . .

Oh, and Canadians, in my area at least, would say either "tea" or "iced tea". Because tea is assumed to be hot, unless it's specifically stated otherwise (I've figured out when travelling down to Florida that I generally need to order by saying "hot tea").
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gerbilgal1/
Squeaky Knitting: http://www.etsy.com/shop/gerbilgal

Current Swaps:
I Heart Tea 2: Signups
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Dress for the Office During the Summer
5 Best Pea Coats for Winter
How to Know What to Wear Underneath Your Graduation Gown
Dress For the Success You Deserve
Celebrity Stylist Brad Goreski Shares His Holiday Fashion Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...