A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,721
Currently Running With Scissors:
612 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Paper and Ephemera Swap Round 10 Gallery  (Read 8849 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2013 10:31:15 AM »

In North America the thickness of the envelopes is key too, not just the weight.  One of my envelopes (can't remember which one now..) was alllllmmmmooosssttt to thick, but the nice mail lady pushed it through anyway Grin.  I had an enveloped bumped up to the way more expensive catagory once because there was some resistance when the PO worker put it through the test hole Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
wendiek

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2013 10:39:54 AM »

In North America the thickness of the envelopes is key too, not just the weight.  One of my envelopes (can't remember which one now..) was alllllmmmmooosssttt to thick, but the nice mail lady pushed it through anyway Grin.  I had an enveloped bumped up to the way more expensive catagory once because there was some resistance when the PO worker put it through the test hole Grin

Yes, the thickness is an element here too, but my mailing slot is a little bit smaller that the test slot at the PO. So next to weighing it I push it through my mailing slot too! If it fits, it passed the test  Wink
Oh and I need to make sure the stuff won't move too much, that might change the thickness so it won't fit.
I like tape  Grin hahaha
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2013 12:19:39 PM »

Vacuum sealing bags help keep the thickness from shifting too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
120/50 in 2014, 47/50 in 2013
Quilt Block Swap 6 - sewing
Mini 12 Days of Christmas- 3/12 done
Mug Rug Swap
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2013 12:57:04 PM »

I used that plastic wrap wrap that sticks to it's self...not sure if they make it anymore to be honest, but the old roll I have still was sticky enough to work.  The shifting is definitely an issue Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
wendiek

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2013 01:15:00 PM »

I used that plastic wrap wrap that sticks to it's self...not sure if they make it anymore to be honest, but the old roll I have still was sticky enough to work.  The shifting is definitely an issue Grin

Haha, yes I give it the shifting test too! You don't expect anyone to be that careful with my package now do you??  Wink
Tape, paper, zip bags, I try it all! The vacuum bags are a good tip, never used that before!!
And I think I know what you mean, Suereal! Plastic foil, we use it a in the kitchen. Will try that too next time!

It happened to me more than once that I had it all wrapped up, secure and nice... to discover that I didn't take pictures. ARGH!! Hahaha stupid me did that several times! Or to see that nice note I wrote still on the table  Roll Eyes hihi  Cheesy

Thanks for all the tips and hints! Very useful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suereal

« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2013 02:52:25 PM »

I forgot pics too, and when I tried to take the stuff out to take pics, I could hear a slight ripping sound...so I decided I would just brave it and send with out pics...again Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2013 06:45:41 PM »

I received a very modest-looking envelope from wendiek on Tuesday. It really wasn't over-stuffed at all. But TARDIS-like, it was much bigger on the inside...

First, there was a huge amount of special paper, including very beautiful Japanese papers, textured paper and others.

Then there were two navigational maps of fjords, some pages of a Dutch travel brochure, and a whole pile of postcards. She included a handy translation of the Dutch text for some of them. (The big, nude gal at the top, for example, says "The Bigger The Better" Cheesy)

Some labels from Dutch products including chocolate, coffee and beer. (Well, the beer is Belgian.) And pages from Dutch magazines and some from a book on plants.

A road map, some lovely sea life illustrations, a diagram of glassware and bottles, a "Caspar und Hobbes" cartoon, a library passport, some sheet music, and a few other interesting pieces of Dutch ephemera.

Here's a ferry schedule, some public transit tickets (I'm guessing), a panel of Dutch Christmas stamps, two coupons worth 20 Punten each (no idea what they're for), a photo negative strip, and a few blank pages from Wendie's old passport. On the card are some old Netherlands coins and a variety of wooden and metal buttons. (Not shown is a beautiful hand-painted ceramic bead that I forgot to include in the photo.)

A spectacularly fresh-looking Donald Duck comic from 1967 (in Dutch, of course.) Wow!

Two different drawings of the same  monster, by her son Joris. Very cool!

And finally, Wendie sent me the very first ATC she ever made! I love it a lot, and it contains a number of the ephemera bits I sent her earlier this month.

Thanks so much for all this stuff! I can hardly believe it's all mine!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2013 09:30:32 PM »

Isn't it funny how very interesting ephemera can be when it's from a country or in a language other than our own? Maybe all ephemera swaps need to be with International partners!! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
120/50 in 2014, 47/50 in 2013
Quilt Block Swap 6 - sewing
Mini 12 Days of Christmas- 3/12 done
Mug Rug Swap
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2013 09:32:06 PM »

That is a great ATC and I love the nude lady pic!

I apparently have a few packages at my in laws, so we have to go over there to pick them up - I suspect there may be some Craftster goodies in what we got (hopefully now bills in the lot too!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
stillatthetop
« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2013 09:49:31 PM »

I like the nudie, too  Wink Glad that one is not labeled "mature". Wonderful score. I love items from around the world, too. It makes it worthwhile for the extra postage, when you get stuff back that can't be found here in the US. And the variety of cultures are interesting to study and make friends with.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Find Your Perfect Hair Extensions Color
Clip In Hair Extensions - Questions and Answers
How to Wash and Care For Clip In Human Hair Extensions
How to Curl Clip In Hair Extensions Separately
How to Put Your Hair Up Using Clip in Hair Extensions
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...