A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,796
Currently Running With Scissors:
778 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Paper and Ephemera Swap Round 10 Gallery  (Read 8146 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2013 06:00:42 PM »

An eyeball, bees and snake bones? I wonder who that could have been made for? Grin

Wonderful packages of stuff! So many people will have sent early, we may set some sort of swap record for this!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2013 06:19:31 PM »

My envelope arrived today, from Arcadian Driftwood! YAY!
First up... the envelope itself

and... everything:

French cat approves of the selection of book pages

bobble-hat cat hides under a selection of some of noodle-bugs favourite bits:

I am very spoilt! thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
wendiek

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2013 11:02:08 AM »

Amazing what you all collect and what you manage to sent in just an envelope!

I love the textured papers a lot, but the cards and all those bookpages are so pretty and/or cool too!
Now I know what to buy next time I am at a flee market!  Cheesy

The eye/snake/bone-shadow box is kinda creepy but amazing and yes, very Suereal! Great hit!

Good job every one!! Will have to go through the gallery again to see more details. I love it, really!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CDEeeek
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2013 07:10:43 PM »

So it would be impossible to show all the stuff Pupper sent me, but here's a few shots:

The pile-o-loot:

Some of the items are: two train tickets, lots of Lisa Frank stickers, including some from 1988(!), magnets for the fridge, a really great day-glo mod abstract card, butterflies, halloween stickers, tiny tags, postcards(some antique), and my favorites are a pack of ATC paper, a pack of origami star paper, the butterfly on the shiny paper, a scrap orange fish from a magazine, and the weirdest of all:A sample for laminate counter tops. The weird thing is, we have that same counter top at work, and the laminate sample is in a drawer. I constantly like looking at it and covet it, I even put the office mailbox key on it to have an excuse to handle it. It's like Pupper was IN MY HEAD. Shocked Dun dun dun....

Thanks Pupper, and your envelope is going out Monday. Hope you like your loot as much as I loved all this stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I has a pinterest: http://pinterest.com/cdeeeek/

"It's an electronics store, Major, not Basra. Get it under control."
stillatthetop
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2013 07:34:43 PM »

Holy moolie! What a stash of loot! I will bet you are running about the house to get more in the package to send???

Arcadian got my muse working today...for the package that I have to send out this next week. I am doing a zentangle type label for the ugly envelope  Grin that I will be sending. But this will charge it up quite well.

I seriously appreciate all the crafter/artists on here for your inspiration. Please give yourself a kiss from me, and kiss all of the people who are dear to you?  Kiss

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2013 06:24:55 AM »

Wow, gorgeous fixin's!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wendiek

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2013 08:22:54 AM »

Oh, I love the butterflies and the hearts a lot! But all the papers, stickers and other stuff looks good to me!  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2013 08:24:01 AM »

Everyone is doing such a great job jamming those envelopes as full as possible.  Nice job folks Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2013 01:14:06 PM »

Oooh, I just realized I should've asked people to weigh their envelopes, so we'd know who got the most! There's a seriously huge amount of goods in some of those packages!

And the fun still continues...

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2013 01:43:02 PM »

"Wild turkey feathers! And really cool aluminum can cutouts (how did you do these?), and little papers with great textures."

Sorry not to answer sooner, but I've been out-of-state and away from the Internet. The aluminum cutouts were easy. I removed the top and bottom from rinsed pop cans, then split them up one side to semi-flatten them. Next I layered an 'A' base plate, a 'C' plate, a metal plate, a thin metal die (most were cut with a Tim Holtz Alterations die, a Sizzix framelits, or a Spellbinders Nestabilities die set), a piece of an aluminum can, and topped with a 'B' plate. Then I ran the sandwich through my Cuttlebug.

Some hints to make it easier: Tape the aluminum can to the die in one or two places to keep the can from shifting. Place the preferred side of the can facing down so the sharp edges will be curled to the opposite side. If your die is small or intricate, place a piece of waxed paper on the die before adding the aluminum to help the cutout release. Depending upon the newness or intricacy of your die you may need to run the sandwich back and forth several times to get a good cut or try turning the die 45 degrees to make a second cut at a right angle to the first cut. Depending upon the thickness of your dies and the type of die-cutting machine, you might have to play around with different layering sandwiches, but this is what generally worked on my Cuttlebug.

I've also used my AccuCut die cutter and accompanying dies to do the same thing for school projects. An Ellison machine and dies would work the same way.

I haven't tried using my Cricut to cut aluminum, but considering the other things that work with it, I think it would probably work, too. I'd just tape down the aluminum really well and use a deep cutter blade.

By the way, some of the small eye-like shapes were the bird's wings! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
95/50 in 2014, 47/50 in 2013
Crafted Notecards Swap 3 - questionnaire sent
Quilt Block Swap 6 - questionnaire sent
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Simon Sinek on Working With a Book Editor to Refine Your Writing
Simon Sinek on Learning a New Way to Write a Book
Simon Sinek on Improving Writing Skills by Embracing the Unfamiliar
Some Bugs by Angela DiTerlizzi
Inside Delancey with Molly Wizenberg
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...