A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,792
Currently Running With Scissors:
794 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Let's Discuss the Ongoing Pinterest Swap  (Read 1796 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: November 04, 2013 01:37:46 PM »

The Ongoing Pinterest Swap* has been going on for quite some time now. I've been running it for about a year and half myself and I don't know how long it was here before that. It has been really slow lately, though. I'm thinking about taking a hiatus until the beginning of the new year, January 2014. We've discussed this in the Gallery thread and I've had 2 people say they would still join if I did put up a November swap, but I don't know if it's worth it. October we had 9 participants and only 14 claims.

I want to know what the Craftster swapping community at large has to say about the OPS. Does it need to just go away all together for a longer while? Did me taking over it ruin it for some people? I know I'm not on the best of terms with at least 2 people on here. Is there anything I could be doing better? Is there anything I could change about the swap to make it more inviting? Please, don't be shy or afraid to hurt my feelings. I really enjoy this swap and I want others to as well.

*Brief explanation of the OPS: You post a short "bio" about yourself with link to your Pinterest. Others can look at your Pinterest and make you items/ get supplies for you and you do the same for other swapper. More complete details here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
Watsonc7

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013 01:54:27 PM »

I would TOTALLY join if it was formatted like the ongoing swaps, where people claim and then are claimed in return.  I really like that format and I feel like it makes people claim more because they will be getting something in return Smiley.

Christy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love love personal swaps.  Check out my pinterest for things I've made and things I want
http://pinterest.com/watsonc7/
Annchen

Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013 02:53:41 PM »

I like that I can claim from anyone at any time and I don't really mind that it's not always "even". The chain style swaps are also fun, but I join them for different reasons.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013 04:39:49 PM »

I'm not involved with the OPS swap, but it does sound fun though! Please don't take it personally, I doubt it has anything to do with you. I think things like this are cyclical in nature and you can't always tell why. It's highly possible it is due to the approaching holidays and people either don't have the time or money to make the commitment at the moment. It's possible that the other ongoing swaps are having similar challenges - maybe swappers are burnt out on ongoing swaps at the moment? I have seen a few complaints that, at times, the only swaps open are the ongoing swaps. Sometimes I'm in the mood for something that has a beginning, a defined period, and a definite end. When I'm in the moods like that, I just can't make big or ongoing commitments. I know from experience, that when I'm feeling like that I shouldn't make any commitments at all!

Or it might have to do with limited resources, financial concerns and other priorities. There's a lot of that going around lately, unfortunately.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

50+ washcloths-along -17/50
Very soon I'm going to graduate to shawls and sweaters!
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013 05:20:10 PM »

I have been interested in joining again, but was pushing off the table so as not to get too bogged down with personal crafting and swaps in general.  I would be interested again in the new year in joining a session or two.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013 07:00:59 PM »

Jexxican, first, I want to say THANK YOU for running the OPS!  I think you do a terrific job of keeping track of everything.  I personally don't have any problems with you.  I think you are honest and to the point if there happens to be an issue with something, perhaps some people are just too sensitive to that?

I had to stop participating in ALL the ongoing swaps because some personal projects came up unexpectedly and I know that I would be overburdening myself if I tried to fit in any claims in any of those swaps.  And it makes me sad, because last year I received a LOT of awesome holiday items from these swaps.

I will definitely return to the ongoing swaps once the new year comes.  I do enjoy a "regular" swap, but I also really like the quick turnaround of the ongoing swaps, and constantly receiving packages in the mail!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013 07:50:22 PM »

I think this swap is a great idea and would be happy to join after New Years. Just too busy before Christmas Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tenitsu
Oh my, where do I start? Here? Okay!

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013 12:42:02 AM »

I think the OPS was my 3rd ever swap thus far, and I liked it =D
I rather like the way the swap is ran because I have a hard time typing out lists of wants/likes/needs vs just having stuff I liked stuck somewhere for others to troll through.

I'd totally join the Nov one but a lot has come up, both my rear brake lines were rusted out so that was $205 to have to local mechanic replace (ouch right...) my step-fathers visa for immigration was finally approved after 4 years of fighting, and my mama, baby brother, n step-father are hoping to be on a plane as soon as next week to come home (yay!) It just suddenly turned hectic here really fast and I'm still trying to replace that broken dryer of mine.

I know I'll likely definitely join in Jan. And I'm totally cool with you Jexxi, everyone has their days so no need to stress over it =^-^=
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hito no ji wa hitori ja tatenai...=)

Pintrest!

You dont need to be weird to belong here...there's a tutorial for that somewhere!
plaidpineapple
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013 09:34:05 AM »

The Pinterest Swap is one of my favorite swaps.  I have not joined because of the upcoming holidays.  I start my gifts very early.  But, I will be joining again in January. I love this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013 10:02:18 AM »

I would bet claims have dropped off more because of the time of year rather than anything to do with you Jexxican - I love seeing your name in a swap I am in.

Personally, I like the chain style better than the claim anyone style, otherwise I would be signing up
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Snow Cone Stand Serves Pickle-Flavored Treats
How to Make a Grilled Peach, Mango, Pineapple and Lime Sorbet
How to Make Pina Colada Madeleine Cookies
How to Make a Decadent Grand Marnier Chocolate Sauce
Whimsical Pastries at Angel Food Bakery in Minneapolis
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...