A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 316,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
396 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Please share your affirmations here  (Read 1773 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stillatthetop
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2015 12:43:46 AM »

That is a good one, too, steiconi. I think I will make a sign to post on my bathroom mirror for that one!

I am taking some down time at the moment, and took the time to collect all these in a Word file. Then I can collect them as we go  Grin I wish I had done this sooner, because there have been other positive vibes shared here in other threads. I didn't take the time to collect those because I did not have a place to put them. (I know I could have just written them down so I could lose the scrappy paper later!) And good luck finding them now  Cheesy

I need to make myself a journal, but I have never been good at journaling private thoughts. I have tried several methods. I think it goes back to the days my sister would steal my diary and then tease me about it. Her diary had the same key. The journals I do now would be more like altered books. Very general.

I found my file for my affirmation cards that I have been looking for! It was right where I put it. Roll Eyes

I think this one will be my next card:

"I treat myself well, because I am worth it."

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NEW REQUEST: Need quilting fabric with ONLY purple, grey, green. Solids or Prints in any combination/shades, but NO OTHER COLORS ALLOWED. HELP! They are hard to find.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm so squishy!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2015 05:07:39 AM »

"Too blessed to be stressed!" is my motto.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
wendiek

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2015 06:46:10 AM »

I need to make myself a journal, but I have never been good at journaling private thoughts. I have tried several methods. I think it goes back to the days my sister would steal my diary and then tease me about it. Her diary had the same key. The journals I do now would be more like altered books. Very general.

~T

When my partner felt depressed, I bought a heart shaped box and filled that with love-quotes (on heart shapes paper). I glued a cloth spin on the lid, so he could put a quote on top of the box and change it when he wanted. Maybe you could do something like that?

I will come back and add a link to this project. done! HERE IT IS

And the picture of the project:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015 10:30:36 AM by wendiek - Reason: added link and picture » THIS ROCKS   Logged
stillatthetop
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2015 03:36:25 AM »

Thank you Ladybugs! Noted in my files.

My Mom has been trying to teach me the difference between being gracious, and having gratitude. I don't see a difference. To me, if you are gracious, you have gratitude, and vice versa.

And wonderful project, wendiek. You are obviously a good friend. I have a heart shaped box similar. It is tiny, but if I write small?  Grin I think I have some leftover Valentine Chocolate boxes. (cardboard). Perhaps I could recover one of those, and use that. For a similar idea.

I love the little felt poofy heart. I have some mini clothespins like yours. And you have to love felt for crafting. It comes in handy in so many ways. Thanks for sharing! That would be neat on my bathroom countertop.

I think I posted this earlier, but that was the reason for starting my affirmation cards. To focus on one per week (52 cards in a deck). I made a card book for a good friend of mine about the 52 reasons why I love him. I will have to ask him if he still has it. It took a while to create. It has silly stuff...like, "the way you stir my soup clockwise"..and "the fact that you wipe your feet on the mat"  Grin He and I are fishing buddies. He has a girlfriend now, so I don't see him so often  Angry

Thanks gang. This forum is really a pick me up for me, and you all are truly helping on this thread, too. I hope it is helping other members, too. I think we can all use a little extra huggy/squeeze now and again.

I am learning paper piece quilting. Perhaps I will paper piece a top for my heart box that matches my bathroom. That sounds a plan. Something for me. Hmmm.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NEW REQUEST: Need quilting fabric with ONLY purple, grey, green. Solids or Prints in any combination/shades, but NO OTHER COLORS ALLOWED. HELP! They are hard to find.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
blupaisan
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Time spent with cats is never wasted.

I Work For Cats

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2015 05:31:31 PM »

wendiek, I still have the stuffed heart you sent to me 'just because' I was feeling awfully low. I rehung all of my dotees today on a wall, and tho it is not a dotee, it has a special place of honor on that wall. I remembered how horrible my life was at that time and am so very grateful that things have changed for the better.
My fave affirmations...

As we practice treating others fairly, with love and respect, we ourselves become magnets for love and respect.  (The Courage to Change, page 109)

A single rose can be my garden,  a single friend my world.  (Leo Buscaglia)

Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy. (Robert Tew)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bacon-flavored pudding...now, THAT would surprise me.  -Walter
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Pretty Planters
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...