A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,747
Currently Running With Scissors:
613 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Advance Potions & Spells Jounral  (Read 445 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CraftyLadyMJ

A crafting I'll go...

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2013 10:17:14 PM »

This is my first paper Journal project and now I'm hooked.  Grin I made this for a swap I was in this fall.  

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC 2013
No more cellphone headaches!
stillatthetop
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013 10:47:21 PM »

You did a fine job! I can't tell, but did you bind with the coptic stitch? Those are lots of fun, and fairly easy once you get the feel for binding the "signatures", as the grouping of pages are called. Google "coptic stitch tutorial", and there are many different items and suggestions that pop up. For members here who are scratching their heads, and wondering what I am talking about.  Grin

I really have to do some more of these. I have a journal book that I created, somewhat similar, but I also included Journal Prompts in mine, as it is designed to be somewhat of a diary, sort of thing. With questions at the top for things like, "How would you change the world to make it better?", and, "Describe your favorite toy. Why do you like it best?" I used recycled papers of all types in mine. Maps, grid, looseleaf, background from book pages, early learn to write (blue dash print)...anything goes. I even included some black gel pen pages.

It turned out super cool, and I taught myself a new craft using the tutorials. I used "cat gut thread" to bind mine. It is waxy, and easy to thread needle, and easy to keep tension correct without marring the pages. Just FYI.

I like your book. For all those crazy people here who collect potions, and really dig this type of stuff. Your selection of paper materials really seems to "go" with the theme. I like your tongue depressor bookmark, too! Cute idea!!!

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
CraftyLadyMJ

A crafting I'll go...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013 11:52:15 PM »

Stillatthetop thanks for sharing the info, but I didn't do any of that. I just did what I always do, paper, needle and thread, card stock, nothing fancy. Same way my granny use to do when she was alive. Only I don't make handmade paper like my granny, I have my own method for that too. I started blinding when I got into Zine/pocket manga making in middle school. Since winter break is coming up I might post some handmade paper sheets.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC 2013
No more cellphone headaches!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Seared Fish with Maple Tamarind Glaze
Cutting Fish For Sashimi
How to Make Daal
How to Make Indian Lentil Stew
How to Make Dosas with Lentils and Rice
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...