A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,586
Currently Running With Scissors:
551 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: OWS Round 99 Discussion  (Read 4081 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Averia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Floppsy

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2013 01:36:33 PM »

Woot for another round!

Claims
Gallery

« Last Edit: October 31, 2013 01:39:52 PM by Averia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013 01:58:44 AM »

I'll be joining you as soon as I've mailed my last package of 98  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
anna.wahnsinn

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013 05:21:47 AM »

I'd love to join, as well. I was in the Ongoing Baby/Kiddo Swap for three rounds, and it was so much fun!

Working on my list, sending in the questionnaire right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013 05:51:45 AM »

I know the postage is a little painful at times, but I LOVE having so many international swappers in the group!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013 11:55:21 AM »

I haven't swapped in a looooong time.  More than two years, I think.  I've been focusing on handmade ceramics, and I'm participating in a sale in a few weeks.  Many of the others are potters and ceramicists with many more years of experience and much more refined pieces than my own, so I expect that I'll have plenty left after the sale is done.  I signed up in hopes that some of my pieces might fit the bill for someone in this swap!

I have functional pieces such as dip bowls, serving pieces, and spoon rests.  I have some pendants (not all are finished, so I guess I should get on that) and pins.  Also, I realize that buttons generally go into the supply category, but I've made quite a few in sets of 3-4, and they're finished pieces that I've made with a lot of care.  (My finished pieces can be your supplies!)

The process of building, drying, waiting for the pieces to be fired, glazing, waiting for them to be fired again, and potentially having to glaze and refire if there are glaze defects means that I can't craft to specs with a two-week turnaround.  Not even close.  But I have way more pieces than I can handle for myself and if I have something I think you'd like, then I'd love to share.  But I'll mostly lurk until I find out what's left after the sale. 

I stated in the questionnaire that I can't ship outside the US, since most items have to be wrapped in a lot of packing material and may be fragile.  However, I can make an exception for smaller items such as buttons and pendants.  Those could be packed in a padded envelope and I'd be confident about shipping them that way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013 04:32:23 AM »

I would love to add ceramic buttons to my list Bigmouth but I don't think I will be joining this round after all  Sad My computer is old and dying and I can't always get online and when I do get on not everything goes according to plan! I haven't been able to access my inbox for days now *sigh* fingers crossed I can get things fixed by next round! I really want to be in OWS100  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013 04:38:28 AM »

We should do something special for 100... Anyone have any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013 01:38:20 PM »

I'm getting a bit nervous here, there are already two packages on their way and I haven't sent out anything yet! Good thing it will definitely take awhile until they arrive, because I tend to finish up and mail out pretty close to or on sendout day so far. Working on that.

Something special for 100? Trying to get 100 claims in December. Other than that I can only think of glitter, and cookies. Or trying to incorporate a hundred of something somewhere in the actual projects, which is easier with beads (seed beads) or embroidery/crosstitch. Or just like a signature, have OWS100 somewhere? Hm. But imagine a gallery with 100 picture posts...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013 07:39:57 PM »

The challenge of organizing an ongoing swap every month is starting to sink in - 99 is well started, 98 still has a bunch of packages to be sent and received, 96 is still open because of an international package that went astray and has been resent. It is getting more difficult to keep track of everything. Please don't hesitate to tell me when I get someone's information mixed up or if I have your claim status incorrect. Please include the round number when you message me about a claim. My weekend computer time is fairly limited compared to my weekday computer time so everything will be updated tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013 02:08:25 PM »

Okay, my first seam for the beach towel tote was not too much of a problem with the sewing machine but then I hit the end of the seam where the toweling was doubled over. This made my sewing machine very unhappy. My next seam was impossible to do in the sewing machine so I have given up on my machine for this project. 12 feet of binding hand sewn on? hmm fun times Cheesy I think I will watch the avengers another 2 or 3 times while doing it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Banishing Beauty Blunders
What Exercise and a Little Olive Oil Can Do for Your Skin
How to Get Gorgeous Eyebrows
VF COLLECTIONS: Badgley Mischka Spring/Summer 2015 - NYFW
Videofashion News: Badgley Mischka Spring/Summer 2015 - NYFW
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow
Spotlight on: Making Toys
May 27, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...