GALLERY is here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=429181.0#axzz2liffwRQa
This will be a quick swap before the holidays - we will swap one fabric art journal page with one partner. (If there is an odd number of swappers, I may make a 3-person group. Swapper A will send to Swapper B who will send to Swapper C who will send to Swapper A.) If this goes well and we all enjoy the process, we'll meet back here in January and do it again!
You will craft a "page" - more like a quilt block - with unfinished sides and back and your partner will add it to his/her art journal or make a fabric book. Each swapper may choose the size they would like and the theme and their partners will have artistic license to interpret this theme as they wish. This could also be called a mixed-media fabric art journal page because you will add, incorporate and embellish with lots of goodies - fabric, buttons, ribbon, charms, sequins, paper and whatever else you can think of and/or already possess.
As in all swaps, communication is key for a happy swap. So chat with your partner, chat in the discussion thread and ask questions This is a new technique and medium for most of us so we're all newbies in this swap.
Swap name: Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Smmarrt
Sign-up date range: 10/30/13 - 11/10/13
Date to send item by: 12/16/13
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 24
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?
Additional Age requirement? Craftster rules
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old: (YES/NO)
What size "page" do you want?
Which orientation for your page - portrait/vertical or landscape/horizontal?
List 4 - 8 themes:
List your favorite colors:
Any not-so-favorite colors?
Any style preferences? Scrappy, finished edges, embroidery?
Can your partner add 3-D embellishments? Charms, buttons, twigs, rocks?
Can your partner incorporate text?
Can your partner use animal products? Fur, feathers, leather, bones?
Any fabric preferences? (cotton, burlap, denim, organza, polyester, wool)
Any allergies that pertain to this swap?
Any allergens in your crafting area? (pets, smoke, vicious dust bunnies?)
Can you take digital photos of your page when received? (If not, please remind your partner to take photos before sending so they can post for you.)
Can you comment/check-in the discussion thread weekly?
Is there any other information you'd like to add?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find other rules about participating in a swap.