A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,698
Currently Running With Scissors:
756 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: wedding cards  (Read 1683 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LadyLeitzen

feisty cat lurves roving

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2010 05:00:50 PM »

i got a doozy for you guys -

i don't know what to do with our wedding cards! right now they're sitting in a bag taking up space, and i don't want to really cut them up like the other greeting card threads have been suggesting, because i'd like to save the sentiments inside, so... what can i do with them??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

I am not your carpet ride; I am the sky...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010 05:57:20 PM »

i got a doozy for you guys -

i don't know what to do with our wedding cards! right now they're sitting in a bag taking up space, and i don't want to really cut them up like the other greeting card threads have been suggesting, because i'd like to save the sentiments inside, so... what can i do with them??

If you want to keep the sentiments, I'd do a scrapbook of all of them, either putting them in a book or making them all into a book themselves, binding them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://theartfuljourney.wordpress.com
Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
Open to Personal Swapping, esp. mail art, supplies, and ephemera
Sharalee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010 09:47:59 AM »

Hi LadyLeitzen, what about putting them under a glass like a coffee table, that way you can change them & get a different look & maybe put a pretty color paper or your wedding colors under the pics. Another Idea Is get a album however big you want it & it fits the card with it open & you can see it on each side. It'll be easy to see & all contain in an album. Hope that helps.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap RD 3"
"Fall Character Ninni Swap"
'Christmas Stocking Swap RD 10"

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
deepalisharma
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014 10:40:47 PM »

Ya, I agree creating a scrapbook to cherish your wedding memories is a great idea. It would be like a photo album. Great way to remember people who joined you on your special day. It will take less space and will be easy to carry. You can share it with others whenever and whereever you want.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2014 06:52:31 AM by rackycoo - Reason: to comply with Craftster rules » THIS ROCKS   Logged
steiconi
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014 06:29:45 PM »

scan 'em inside and out, store on a disk, then use the cards as you would other cards.  Might be nice to scan/include pictures of the people who wrote each card.  After 20 years, it's a hoot to see how people have changed.  And you might not remember who some of these people are.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AmazingAlex
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014 07:25:59 PM »

I've saw one picture of someone who used the rings from a three ring binder (I think you can buy them at craft stores) and made a book of the cards she received. To do this you might have to cut the crease of each card but you would still have the front of the card and the written inside together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm an uber nerd that loves Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Divergent, Supernatural, and Marvelverse (to name a few.)
Harry Potter Favorites Swap Is Live
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=434138

I'm interested in personal swaps!
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014 09:38:15 AM »

Yes, you could just turn the cards directly into a book  by punching a hole into a corner and using a ring clamp - then you could also add stuff to the back of the card or if they tend not to use the surface behind the card face.  Such as adding the tag from the gift if there was one, or some pictures from the reception, or some notes such as what they sent, or some memories from the wedding or whatever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Find Unique Jewelry
How to Buy an Antique Engagement Ring
How to Make Teardrop Chandelier Earrings
How the Roosevelts Celebrated Thanksgiving
How to Tackle the Holidays Like a Boss
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...