A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,606
Currently Running With Scissors:
508 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Baby Blanket and Diaper Covers with Links to Patterns  (Read 337 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gaylefrancis
« on: October 29, 2013 04:31:23 PM »

As generally happens when one hits a certain age and has friend who want kids, some friends of mine announced a few months ago they were having a baby, and the baby shower was last weekend. Being the type to always have a pile of yarn around (and with their registry requesting blankets and diaper covers), I decided to go the homemade route.

First up, the diaper covers:

These were made using a pattern I found at Ravelry, and they worked up super quick. I made four of them in one night, and then another two the day of the baby shower because I had time. The smaller ones are for 3-6 month olds, the larger ones for 6-12 month olds. They're trimmed in blue because they are--I'm sure you're shocked to discover--having a boy.

The pattern called for making two, identical pieces and sewing them together to make the finished cover, but I am generally pretty lazy when it comes to sewing, so I followed the pattern, then reversed the directions to work the other side so it was all one piece. That only left the sides to seam, which I did with a slip stitch.

Highly recommend the pattern for those very-last minute gifts. Link: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/chunky-diaper-cover

Next up, the blanket:

I've actually been working on a basic blanket design with a touch of pizazz for awhile. I really like the bobble stitch and will basically put it on anything if you give me too much leeway. I added it here in alternating rows of five to give the blanket a little touch of something special. It didn't really add any time to the project (I finished in a weekend), and the final blanket measures out to 30 inches x 30 inches.

Link to pattern: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baby-bobble-blanket

Finally, I had to wrap it all up, so I piled everything into the blanket, folded it over, added some ribbon, and made a little tag. They have not yet named the almost-here child, so I took the liberty of nicknaming it (at the shower, I discovered the wee baby was also being referred to as "Stormageddon" and "Skeletor").

For the record, I also am lazy about wrapping things, but you're probably not surprised by that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Pores Appear Smaller
How to Get the White Eyeliner Runway Trend
No Makeup Makeup Look Tutorial
Brow and Lip Techniques at Fashion Week
Wear Your Heart on Your Manicure!
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...