A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,642
Currently Running With Scissors:
744 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Baby Blanket and Diaper Covers with Links to Patterns  (Read 343 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gaylefrancis
« on: October 29, 2013 04:31:23 PM »

As generally happens when one hits a certain age and has friend who want kids, some friends of mine announced a few months ago they were having a baby, and the baby shower was last weekend. Being the type to always have a pile of yarn around (and with their registry requesting blankets and diaper covers), I decided to go the homemade route.

First up, the diaper covers:

These were made using a pattern I found at Ravelry, and they worked up super quick. I made four of them in one night, and then another two the day of the baby shower because I had time. The smaller ones are for 3-6 month olds, the larger ones for 6-12 month olds. They're trimmed in blue because they are--I'm sure you're shocked to discover--having a boy.

The pattern called for making two, identical pieces and sewing them together to make the finished cover, but I am generally pretty lazy when it comes to sewing, so I followed the pattern, then reversed the directions to work the other side so it was all one piece. That only left the sides to seam, which I did with a slip stitch.

Highly recommend the pattern for those very-last minute gifts. Link: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/chunky-diaper-cover

Next up, the blanket:

I've actually been working on a basic blanket design with a touch of pizazz for awhile. I really like the bobble stitch and will basically put it on anything if you give me too much leeway. I added it here in alternating rows of five to give the blanket a little touch of something special. It didn't really add any time to the project (I finished in a weekend), and the final blanket measures out to 30 inches x 30 inches.

Link to pattern: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baby-bobble-blanket

Finally, I had to wrap it all up, so I piled everything into the blanket, folded it over, added some ribbon, and made a little tag. They have not yet named the almost-here child, so I took the liberty of nicknaming it (at the shower, I discovered the wee baby was also being referred to as "Stormageddon" and "Skeletor").

For the record, I also am lazy about wrapping things, but you're probably not surprised by that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Elevator Makeover - Beachy Waves and Accessories for a Wedding Outfit
Get Glam with Gretchen: Nail How To
Elevator Makeover - Style Tips with Theodore Leaf
Fashion On Stars Of "Thor: The Dark World" Stun The Red Carpet
How to Get Glowing Skin for Your Wedding Day
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...