A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 299,161
Currently Running With Scissors:
674 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Visitor Swap Round 18 - GALLERY!  (Read 33844 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

IzzyBee
« Reply #110 on: November 25, 2013 01:17:29 AM »

These are slightly later than planned, my internet connection has been soooooo slooooowwww for the past few days that it's been impossible to get anything done.

On Saturday we had a bit of good weather (cold, but the sun was out and it wasn't raining!) so my boyfriend and I went out for a nice long walk, and Bean braved the cold and came along with us. I need to make her a scarf and coat I think, coming from Australia she's not used to temperatures this cold!

We walked about 8.5 miles (just under 14km) I think, leaving from the lovely town of Llangollen. We walked up past the ruins of an old abbey, past some amazing limestone cliffs, then back down into the valley before going up a HUGE hill to the ruins of a castle.

The ruins of the abbey, called Valle Crucis. You can also just about see some really cool camping pods at the bottom of the photo. I really want to go and stay in one!

At the ruins of Castell Dinas Bran.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013 01:25:04 AM by IzzyBee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mini_mum
Crafting along nicely :)

my lovely boys

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #111 on: November 25, 2013 05:43:18 AM »

We haven't been out and about much recently - mainly because one or other of us hasn't been well (my head has certainly been working properly Sad )
We did go feed the ducks yesterday, but Rastabug decided that he'd better stay home in case the ducks & geese mistook him for bread and eat him.

We are going to Middlesbrough next Sunday to do a 5k run (well, walk in my case!) so he will come with us then.

Being in UK we don't celebrate Thanksgiving but we are being visited for the first time by Magic Christmas Elves this year. They will arrive next Sunday (I *will* get them finished in time!) and stay until 24th, getting up to mischief in the mean time Smiley I'm sure Rastabug will enjoy the fun, and take part in the cleaner activities Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ratfinkz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Rataholic

Animal Mad!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #112 on: November 25, 2013 05:46:35 AM »

Ok so now I am jealous! I love Llangollen so much! My mum lives in Chirk and my Grandma lives in a tiny village near Oswestry although my mum only moved about 10 years ago my Grandma has lived there my whole life and when we would go and visit I ALWAYS wanted to go visit Llangollen, beautiful town with wonderful shops, and no visit was complete without a drive over Horseshoe Pass!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

Jack of most crafts master of none.

My 12 days of Christmas post

My craft blog. If you are swapping with me be warned this may contain spoilers
http://ratfinkzcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
IzzyBee
« Reply #113 on: November 25, 2013 06:08:27 AM »

Ok so now I am jealous! I love Llangollen so much! My mum lives in Chirk and my Grandma lives in a tiny village near Oswestry although my mum only moved about 10 years ago my Grandma has lived there my whole life and when we would go and visit I ALWAYS wanted to go visit Llangollen, beautiful town with wonderful shops, and no visit was complete without a drive over Horseshoe Pass!!

This was actually the first time I'd ever been to Llangollen - I lived in London until about 8 months ago so I'm still trying to explore my new local area. My boyfriend and I did try to visit a couple of months ago, but didn't know that it was the weekend of a food festival so the town was crammed with people and there was absolutely nowhere to park the car! So we ended up stopping off for a tea break at Chirk Castle instead - we weren't able to stop for long, but it looked like a lovely place so I'm hoping I'll be able to go back there to visit soon Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alexampersandra

Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

« Reply #114 on: November 25, 2013 06:09:11 AM »

Working seven days a week means no days off for me between Labor Day and Thanksgiving, so I'm running low on energy... but I'm insisting on a second wind to get me through the next three days, because I have (1) a friend coming to town this morning, (2) a big important meeting this afternoon, and (3) longer-than-usual shifts at work today and tomorrow. But then... Thanksgiving! There will be TWO family meals for Georgie and me to attend (my family and Fiance's family) and lots of photos!  Grin And after being refreshed by the holiday, we'll be ready to have lots of fun for the rest of the year too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
deadbathducky
Never let the sun set on an argument with a loved one you can fix.

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 25, 2013 06:11:59 AM »

Poppy and I haven't been able to do much the past week in terms of visiting places as it has been a busy week! But I do have a few pictures I will try and upload soon of some things we have done c:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember my mistakes,
remember you can change,
Remember that it's up to you...
to go and shape your life into
one that's worth of remembering...
-RTGO!

www.craftsbykitty.wordpress.com/
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #116 on: November 25, 2013 06:39:22 AM »

hi everyone!
This week is Thanksgiving in the US!
Tell us what you're doing or show us how you celebrate you holiday!

Being in the UK we don't celebrate Thanksgiving, however, I've got plans to make a Pumpkin pie as a nod to my friends stateside! Smiley Most likely the weekend though, not Thursday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
phoenixfiredesigns

~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #117 on: November 25, 2013 08:25:06 AM »

First off, can I just say how funny it is to see Anana on vacation with another host? After so many months with him, it's terribly amusing to see him on more adventures elsewhere!  Grin

We had our first serious snowfall last week. We only ended up with about 6" all together plus 3 days where the high temp didn't get past freezing. Then the temps rose 15 degrees over night and it poured rain for 3 days straight :p I guess that's life in a temperate rainforest..
Anyway, I hadn't finished his hat yet, but here is Clyde down at the beach Smiley
And yay!! Clyde has now officially seen snow! Your weather reminds me, in a weird way, of Florida. It's just often so...odd here. Like Saturday it was 85 and HOT and then the next day, the cold front came in and the temperature plummeted and I think it only reached a high of 70F and was down in the 50's overnight. Sometimes our weather just has this huge swings.

As for Willow's adventures....I've been SO busy these past couple weeks preparing for my art show. It finally happened Saturday and it went well! Now that it's over, I can finally play a bit of catch up.

Last week, I had to run to the library to return a couple slightly overdue books. (Whoops! Told ya I've been busy!) I brought Willow with me but just my cell, not my DSLR.

Larger versions here: http://willow-in-fl.blogspot.com/2013/11/quick-visit-to-library.html

Then Saturday was my show at Shopapalooza in Downtown St. Petersburg!

Here's my tent set up! This was the first time I've done a show with a full 10x10 tent. I think it all came out really nice though! The back wall features art by my guy. (aka "Love")

And my table display of jewelry!

View out from my tent. You can see the park, how sunny it was and in just past the park is the waterfront where the yacht club has docks for all kinds of boats.

View down the path of more of the tents.

More/larger pics here: http://willow-in-fl.blogspot.com/2013/11/shopapalooza-2013.html

So, yay!! We're finally done with that for now and can get back to other things. Grin

hi everyone!

Well, we already did an early "Thanksgiving" at Love's cousin's house since a lot of his family will be gone on a cruise this week. My Mom doesn't do a big meal anymore for several reasons. One, she's disabled and it's a lot of hard work for her. Two, neither her or my sister would eat a turkey - they're both vegetarians - so there's little point in making a big meal. Most years, Love and I will cook our own turkey. We haven't decided if we're going to or not this year. (When we do make one, we always use Alton Brown's Brine Turkey Recipe because it's AWESOME.

Beyond that, we don't normally do a lot. We will probably get a tree this coming weekend though and with the new, 8-month old kitten, that's going to be an adventure!  Shocked
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013 08:26:04 AM by phoenixfiredesigns » THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
deadbathducky
Never let the sun set on an argument with a loved one you can fix.

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 25, 2013 06:29:45 PM »

I'm not able to get the pictures I've taken off my camera onto here, but I do have some photos from Poppy. (Sorry I haven't been on been a super busy week with the Birthday and hospital studies and everything)

We had coffee with my mum at a nice little place that is next to a bakery that sells butterfly cupcakes with a difference. Instead of cream they have homemade custard (Like what you will get in custard tarts)! I haven't had one in years! We enjoyed it lots!

'Arty' shot of the world vision christmas donation pig. Every year we donate to one of the charities and this year I had the idea of each of us in my house putting a dollar in a tin each week and at the end of the ear we will buy our holiday cards from charity (The ones that say "The money from this card has gone towards the gift of a mosquito net for a family in a country with high risk of malaria" or such. )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember my mistakes,
remember you can change,
Remember that it's up to you...
to go and shape your life into
one that's worth of remembering...
-RTGO!

www.craftsbykitty.wordpress.com/
Ewulotta
« Reply #119 on: November 26, 2013 12:36:20 AM »

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in Germany. However, we'll spend the weekend with my parents and my sister.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'll swap for postcards, badges, maps or brochures from everywhere in the US! I'm an English teacher and always happy about authentic material for my classroom.

http://www.wists.com/Ewulotta
http://pinterest.com/Ewulotta/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tunisian Crochet: How to Do a Treble Stitch
Tunisian Crochet: How to a Reverse Stitch
Tunisian Crochet: How to Start
Tunisian Crochet: How to Do Simple Stitches
Tunisian Crochet: Introduction to Tunisian
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...