A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,096
Currently Running With Scissors:
444 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Visitor Swap Round 18 - GALLERY!  (Read 31962 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Alexampersandra
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #420 on: March 17, 2014 06:25:02 AM »

Thanks guys  Grin Here are a few of Georgie's wedding photos (didn't get a single one of him with me in my dress, sadface):

Trying on my shoes, which are a little bit too big.

(We're Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy nerds.) My wedding ring in "forty," my engagement ring in "two."

I'm packing everything up to send him now... We've had so much fun! I always hate the wait between rounds, because I stay stuck in the habit of "ooh this would make a good LV picture" and reach for my camera and find no LV in my purse.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
Smeddley

« Reply #421 on: March 17, 2014 06:55:05 AM »

My husband is laughing at me cos I really struggled to put her in the parcel can someone please tell me I am not the only one to be genuinely upset at the sending home stage?!

You're not the only one.  It's hard to say goodbye after having them be such a part of your life!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blupaisan

crayyyyyyzeeeeeee about cats!!!

« Reply #422 on: March 17, 2014 09:43:32 AM »

"I'm packing everything up to send him now... We've had so much fun! I always hate the wait between rounds, because I stay stuck in the habit of "ooh this would make a good LV picture" and reach for my camera and find no LV in my purse" - Alexampersandra

I am going through the same thing! I came upon something yesterday and thought, great pic with Anana. Oh, well...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

It were lightnin'...
Alexampersandra

« Reply #423 on: March 17, 2014 02:53:07 PM »

My husband is laughing at me cos I really struggled to put her in the parcel can someone please tell me I am not the only one to be genuinely upset at the sending home stage?!

You're not the only one.  It's hard to say goodbye after having them be such a part of your life!

I'm so very much like this. You get used to having them around.

Good news, though... Anana is home! (And the kitty is really loving on him... he must smell like new and exciting things!) Photos of all the glorious fun packed by blupaisan coming soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #424 on: March 18, 2014 08:51:36 AM »

Took another day due to twin health issues yesterday...

BUT : The Poses are now on their way back home!! We're really sad to see them go, and I now have to crochet 2 for the twinlets I think... Shocked And it has to be a "boy" and a "girl" like the Poses... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexampersandra

« Reply #425 on: March 18, 2014 11:07:54 AM »

As promised, here's Anana and his many goodies!

Anana home, safe and sound, in an adorable little pineappley bag!

Big, beautiful scrapbook (with an ampersand hidden on every page, according to my note!)

The CUTEST little Picasso-style drawing of Anana!

Isn't one of the best things about LV swaps the weirdly awesome stuff you can get from other places? This is a piece of a sap bucket and a white chocolate snowmobile... two things I would NEVER find in Virginia!

Wedding gift! It's a thrifted and repainted ampersand!

Typographic envelopes, VT mug, a mad-libs type booklet (which is SO funny)

Postcard, bits of Anana's costumes as seen here in the gallery, maple candy (YUMMM), chocolate Necco wafers (my favorites!), a neat little coin purse, a funny (like "bloopers" sort of) second photo album which is hilarious, and bags of gummi bears used as packing material to keep things from shifting around... and a microfilm label bracelet!!! I'll be the envy of all the librarians  Grin

Blupaisan, you're the best! Anana seems to have had a great time  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blupaisan

crayyyyyyzeeeeeee about cats!!!

« Reply #426 on: March 18, 2014 05:50:17 PM »

So glad you are happy with the package. When I was a kid, I would see those antique sap bucket sides turned into candelabras. They sold to tourists like hot cakes! You could do that, make it into a key holder with just one or two simple cup hooks, or get wilder.
forgot to write in my letter to you about the scrapbook... one exactly like it was my first ever scrap book as a child of ten. Then I saw this vintage one on the internet and squealed. After I had put it all together, I thought 'wait a minute, this is meaningful to me, not Alexandra...' Hope you did not find it too tacky. (-;
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It were lightnin'...
Alexampersandra

« Reply #427 on: March 18, 2014 06:05:08 PM »

So glad you are happy with the package. When I was a kid, I would see those antique sap bucket sides turned into candelabras. They sold to tourists like hot cakes! You could do that, make it into a key holder with just one or two simple cup hooks, or get wilder.
forgot to write in my letter to you about the scrapbook... one exactly like it was my first ever scrap book as a child of ten. Then I saw this vintage one on the internet and squealed. After I had put it all together, I thought 'wait a minute, this is meaningful to me, not Alexandra...' Hope you did not find it too tacky. (-;

Tacky?!? Never! I love it  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 19, 2014 05:13:44 AM »

Congrats on tying the knot Alexampersandra! (pssst, maybe you could photoshop Georgie into a picture so we can see a wedding picture?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Inselaeffchen
« Reply #429 on: March 19, 2014 08:33:09 AM »

Congrats on the wedding, Alexampersandra! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Intriguing Philly Beef Casserole Recipe
Chili Cheese Nacho Casserole Recipe
Crispy Parmesan Chicken Breast Recipe
Made from Scratch Sloppy Joes Recipe
Chicken and Noodle Casserole Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...