A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 298,240
Currently Running With Scissors:
745 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: where the f did i go wrong?.....or...... why was my booth such a failure?  (Read 3894 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cindijh
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2014 06:22:58 PM »

We hit the minuses here in pa last night too. I've lived in Michigan (2x)and Wisconsin. I know. about those minus double digits....

Cindi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss_Molly
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2014 09:28:46 PM »

Bumping this thread Wink lots of good advice here.

shadojake said:
You may want to make multiples of the best sellers and put out only a couple at a time of them.  Let customers know you have back stock if needed.  When one sells, just pull another one out.  The thought occurred to me that if you have all your stuff out, it feeds the idea of abundance and people think, 'oh, there's plenty here.  I don't have to buy now.  I can come back later.'

^^^yes. THAT. Indeed. Also, some people get overwhelmed when around so many choices.. I know me personally, if I go into any shop with tons of things crammed into a small space, I can't focus too well, and it makes it harder for me to make a final decision.

My own advice:
Try to get there early and if you can, set up closer to the entrance! I noticed that when I had a booth up at an indie flea in the middle of everything, I barely sold anything at all, but when I had one near where people came in and left, I sold at least 3 times as much.

Make sure you have business cards. I can't count how many times I've ran into nice people while out selling somewhere, but they didn't have the money at the time. Thanks to having a business card, they came back later on the internet to either my site or Etsy and bought things there.

Good luck ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chris in VT
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2014 04:00:49 AM »

As far as setting up near the entrance.

Every craft show I have ever done (over 1,200) has had assigned spaces. It makes no difference if it's a $50 space or a $500 space.

After doing the show for a few times, the customers know where to find you as long as you request the same spot every time.

I'm doing a show next weekend (5/31-6/1) in Chester, NJ. I have been doing this particular show on and off for over 25 years. If you guys would like to see what some professional artists and crafters do, here's the website.
www.chestercraftshow.com
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014 04:11:32 AM by Chris in VT » THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's NOTHING at a craft show, or on Etsy, anybody NEEDS. NOTHING.
www.shadypinestudios.com
shadojake
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2014 04:41:24 PM »

As far as setting up near the entrance.

Every craft show I have ever done (over 1,200) has had assigned spaces. It makes no difference if it's a $50 space or a $500 space.

After doing the show for a few times, the customers know where to find you as long as you request the same spot every time.

Chris,

I have found the same thing.  All the shows/fairs I've done had assigned spaces for all crafters ... whether at churches, plantations, etc.  I agree that repeat customers will find you if you stay in one location from one year to the next.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God Bless,
Cindy

Given enough coffee, I could rule the world!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lose 5 Pounds in 5 Seconds With Sexy Contoured Cheekbones!
Five Tips to Stop Acne Breakouts This Fall
Mermaid Makeup Tutorial Part 2
Best Ways To Update Your Skin Regimen For The Fall
Best Drugstore Beauty Products
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...