A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,151
Currently Running With Scissors:
664 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Table Coverings  (Read 497 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

StarFire
Maker of Things.

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2014 11:49:21 AM »

I participate in a few shows a year, mainly selling handmade jewelry.  I like my display pretty well, but the thing that drives me batty the most is the fact that no matter what I do my table cloths will end up pretty wrinkled when I put together my setup.   I usually use flat bed sheets as the bottom layer of table covering since the length is good and they are on the inexpensive side (I only do 3 or 4 shows a year and really don't want to pay a ton for table cloths).   Then, I put an actual table cloth over them in a contrasting color.   The top table cloths are not really the trouble, it is the bed sheets that drive me batty.  I can spend tons of time the day before laundering and ironing the sheets, but the next day its wrinkle city.  I'm not talking about creases where the sheets were folded, I'm talking it looks like they were balled up and tossed in a trash bag.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a way to pack and travel with the sheets, or should I try a different fabric?  What fabrics are resistant to wrinkling?   I know velvet is, but I really hate velvet of any kind. 

Does anyone else have issues with this, or am I just super OCD?

Here is a photo of my booth at a Christmas show last year.   It was a double-sized booth with another gal, so they are not normally so large.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can do personal swaps!  ^_^

Pinterest!  http://pinterest.com/dmlinc2179/
Chris in VT
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014 04:22:47 PM »

A number of years ago we got duck cloth at some fabric place. It never wrinkles. I can just ball it up after a two day show in the rain, and when I get home I can fold it with no problem. It's great because my wife can't yell at me for wrinkling the display cloths.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's NOTHING at a craft show, or on Etsy, anybody NEEDS. NOTHING.
www.shadypinestudios.com
shadojake
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014 03:03:21 PM »

I am glad this topic was brought up. I am looking for an online site to buy quality table covers.  I want them to be quality and not rip, come unhemmed, fade, etc. after just a couple of uses.  I prefer dark brown or black and to have access to the underside of the table where I keep my backstock.

I am also looking for something to hang inside my tent walls to provide some color.  I have been using some cute shower curtains that have white backgrounds and large polka dots on them.  I just want to see what alternatives are out there.

Any suggestions on sites would be appreciated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God Bless,
Cindy

Given enough coffee, I could rule the world!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tomboy Style Meets Brooklyn Cool for This Teen’s Back-to-School Look
7 Crop Top Looks We Loved at the 2014 Teen Choice Awards
Dress Primer: 3 Fresh Ways To Wear Florals
Trend Takeout: Are These Shorts the New Cutoffs?
How to Breathe New Life Into an Old Tee
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...