A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 307,611
Currently Running With Scissors:
440 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Random Swap Gallery Rd. 6  (Read 7852 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dinkime
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Do you like my scrapbook monocle?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2015 08:17:34 PM »

This was such a fun swap!  I liked having the freedom to do a variety of themes (if I wanted to, lol) but still being "confined" by the box size. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2015 04:14:04 AM »

I received an amazing package from Jemimah on Tuesday - which just happened to be my birthday. Best birthday package ever!

Here's everything: a coiled bowl and hot pad, a pillow cover (so me!), a sulu (sulus?) which is a Fijian skirt, very dark blue and ever so delicate cowl, lovely art work (I have a framed piece of art from Jemimah hanging in my kitchen already so another piece has me very excited), a mug rug, and turtle dove ornaments with a kit to make more of them! So much and all of it beautiful!

Close up of the doves with their perfect stitching

Close up of the cowl showing how fine the yarn is and how delicate the stitching

Squeeing over the mug rug! Love love love it!

Coiled bowl and hot pad - can never have enough blue and white in my kitchen (or anywhere)

Pillow cover, I love the way it is put together!

Best of all - A beautiful piece of art!

Kirsten, I have no idea how you fit this all into the shoebox you sent. I wish I had been patient enough to take a picture before I started opening since it was all so lovely in it's packaging - all tied with dark blue stitched tissue ribbon. Thank you for a package that shows so much care and attention to my tastes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl

Swap Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2015 07:35:39 AM »

I received from Onyxnox and took pics! I waited until I sent and she should have her package any day now. Smiley

First up: two adorable totes - I've been using the 'Talk Nerdy to Me' one every day and the teddy bear unfolds into a tote - cute!!

A sign off my pinterest - perfect for my office!

Look at these adorable bookmarks!

A gorgeous and soft cowl

Super soft and pretty collar! I cannot wait to wear this, I have the perfect top for it!

pendants - the butterfly is my favorite right now!

Look at these adorable cat notecards!!  She looks like my new kitty!

Oh, did I mention that Onyxnox carved the stamps for the notecards??

Then there was the other stuff - yes, there's more!  2 little scrubby brushes that are great at removing paint on your hands and arms (how did you know??), her mom's favorite tea, a gorgeous card and Mr Sketch Scented Markers - these are my favorites!

Thank you so much for swapping with me, I'm sorry you had to wait for your package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2015 05:35:09 PM »

OK, so I have discovered something today.  SevsOnlyGirl does not follow her own rules... we were given specific dimensions for the size of the box for this swap and what did I receive from the postman this morning?  A MASSIVE BOX that has to be at least TWICE THE SIZE of what the stated dimensions are!!!!!!!!  OMG!!!!!! RULEBREAKER!!!!!  FLOUTER OF RULES!!!!!!

I actually sat there on my couch staring at it... wondering what she could possibly have sent me - it was actually intimidating, it was so big!

But I am so glad I did - it also arrived just in time for my birthday... now that I am typing, I should have waited until tomorrow for that matter...

This is a pretty teal and black glittery cowl she made for me - I love this! I actually bought myself a butterfly scarf earlier this year that was in ombre teals with black butterflies - this is almost like the reverse of that scarf and I love it!!!!!

I love the pattern! 

These are two Harry Potter themed ornaments - I love the curled page bits!  I think I may incorporate these into a book themed wreath for the door, I will have to make sure they are not too big to fit between the two doors - otherwise they will hang above my reading nook as part of a kissing ball or something like that.

I love this - I could smell it just when I opened the box - it is a lime scented air freshener gel and it smells delicious - love it because I was just burning a citrus oil the other day and this smells even better than that - and there is no need to worry about the dog and open flame!

Yes please Dawn, I would love the recipe to make more!!!!!

This is a set of decorated blocks that say "Let It Snow" in silver - I love the blues and silver - and this will have to sit in my window when we decorate for the Holidays!!!!!  This is why I need bay windows!!!

and this for sure will need to hand above my reading chair in my reading nook!  The question is - reading nook on main floor, or reading nook in bedroom???

This is an adorably decorated birdhouse!!  It is so cute - DH made me some birdhouses years ago and we put them in the birch trees in the front of the house.  I loved watching the little finches make the little houses their home.  However those houses eventually rotted... DH likes the new one a lot too and will put it up in the birches in the Spring.  I love the little picket fence and "lawn" in the front - so cute!!!

Hopefully this shows the painting on the sides more.

As if all those handcrafted goodies are not enough, she also sent me so many thoughtful goodies - two pairs of seasonal socks - I have an unholy love of socks (I actually will say to DH that socks are sexy - at least cute socks are, not his manky work socks... or my works socks for that matter - just the cute patterned ones, especially if they are comfy and new).  Halloween fabric - and a big piece of it - she suggested a tote bag... but I am tempted to make it into a Halloween scrub top or pans!  A butterfly journal - am going to have to explore that later, and a colouring book and pencils - it looks fascinating.  I think I may have to take that to work at nights for my break or slow periods... I do love playing with colour.   Oh, and I almost forgot - animal origami kit - how cool is that?Huh?

Thank you so much Dawn - it was a great package and thank you for organizing too... even though your broke the rules Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2015 06:37:52 PM »

Great packages! I had to rush on out to Onyxnox's blog to see if she had put anything out there about a bear/tote bag but didn't see it there. Great blog tho. Always enjoy reading it. Did you follow a pattern from somewhere and if so, would you share?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2015 05:14:23 AM »

OMG - I wish I made that!!!!  That was actually a store-bought goodie - though I would like to deconstruct it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl

Swap Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2015 07:20:34 PM »

I broke the rules because I sent late and I felt so bad!!  Now that it's arrived, I can say that I adopted a kitty partly through the crafting and Onyxnox is allergic, so I had to try to keep my crafting out of the house.lol  I didn't want to expose her!  So I wanted to be sure to send extras to make up for the wait. Smiley

I was hoping you'd like the butterfly scarf...my DH liked it and asked me to make myself one.  So now I have one as well!

Oooh, a scrub top of the halloween fabric would be sooo cute!  I do hope you enjoy everything.  You're too sweet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Painted Background
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: The Roaming Gnome
@Home This Weekend: Welcoming Door Decor

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...