A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,734
Currently Running With Scissors:
626 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Visitor Swap Round 18 CLOSED (SU: 10/20-10/25; SO 10/29, and 3/15/14)  (Read 10943 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mini_mum
Crafting along nicely :)

my lovely boys

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2013 01:43:57 PM »

finally got Ziggy to sit still long enough to take a picture

He's so excited to be going to the other end (sort of) and side of the country to Bristol Smiley He'll be winging his way tomorrow.

Also found this picture from a few days ago:

Thought Renstar might like to see a few of the new friends Rastabug will be meeting soon Smiley (Left to right: Flopsy, Socks and Thumper)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Renstar
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2013 02:27:56 PM »

A looks fun Smiley

I have just been packaging up Rastabug to go in the post tomorrow. He is very excited.

Looking forward to meeting Ziggy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ratfinkz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Rataholic

Animal Mad!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2013 06:22:30 PM »

Was worried I was not going to make my LV and would end up having to send a purchased one which to me did not feel the same somehow, however was able to find a couple of hours this evening to make Gramayre (Gramme air) he is a purple banana, yes a PURPLE banana. There is a story behind why he is purple. I sleep talk and have been known to sleep text also on several occasions. They tend to be totally random BUT there is one theme that comes along on several occasions and that is that of a purple banana. I am generally either being chased by one or wanting my husband to get me one. Purple is my favourite colour but where banana comes from I have no idea. Anyhow finally I have that elusive purple banana.

I struggled to get a photograph of him, this is the best I could do (it is night time and I am using my phone camera.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

Jack of most crafts master of none.

My craft blog. If you are swapping with me be warned this may contain spoilers
http://ratfinkzcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
Smeddley

« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2013 06:52:50 PM »

Hehe, the purple banana is cute!  And it's awesome he has a back story.

...and it cheered me up.

I was trying to google what foods weren't available in my partner's country, since I'm sending basically two blobs of fat who will need to eat something on the trip, but in case there was some left over it seemed silly to send something readily available there.

Sadly, I stumbled on a forum where the question was asked and basically answered "who would want any of your crap American food?" and devolved from there ("we tried American chocolate and it was *so vile* I had to spit it out, why would anyone want that?!").  And it made me sad.  Because I don't think of it in terms of better or worse, but "different".  And just because one person dislikes one thing (and it is okay to prefer one brand over another!  Yes, I think Ghirardelli is better than Hershey's, but I'm realistically not going to turn down a Kiss, unless it's that strawberry one which was... not my taste) it doesn't mean every one of your countrymen feel the exact same way (yes, there are Americans who like Vegimite!  I know one!  I didn't love it, but I could probably get used to it - didn't like coffee the first time I tried it, either, and now just see what happens when you get between me and my coffee in the morning!).

So I'm just going to stop at the store tomorrow and hope for the best, I'm thinking Nutter Butters since they don't seem to be readily available and are probably one of the big reasons I love giving blood, since that's the only time I get them.

...I'd include some of the recently-re-released Raspberry Coconut Zingers (the box they are traveling in) but 1) those really are crap food but I love them anyway and 2) I went a year without access to them so do you really think there are any left?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ratfinkz

Rataholic

Animal Mad!

« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2013 07:01:01 PM »

ARGH I hate prejudice so much! Maybe they did not like one American food, and true America is known for fatty fast food, but to say all American food is disgusting is the same as saying every Asian person is a Muslim, and it pees me off too!

But...just think how many delicious foods they are missing out on so it is their loss in the end!

Glad Gramayre cheered you up =)

Am just about to pm you btw =__
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

Jack of most crafts master of none.

My craft blog. If you are swapping with me be warned this may contain spoilers
http://ratfinkzcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

don't worry, be happy. for realz.

Mo' bettah you live Hawai`i

« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2013 11:05:41 PM »

PURPLE BANANA!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.mountainsandclouds.com/stellas-trip-to-oahu.html
MY ADDRESS HAS CHANGED AS OF APRIL 2014.  PLEASE PM ME FOR AN UPDATE IF YOU NEED IT! : )
Wildfyre
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2013 11:18:00 PM »

And over processed, mass produced food isn't the only food that we have here in America  Smiley I try to send locally made things when I can. In the past I've sent jams, jellies, salmon jerky, locally made chocolate, etc.

America is known for some pretty awesome food stuff.. like Vermont syrup, saltwater taffy, Alaskan salmon, the list goes on Smiley Sounds like you just found some posts by some pretty closed minded people Smeddley  Wink

« Last Edit: October 28, 2013 11:19:32 PM by Wildfyre » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr - bonniemj

My DeviantArt - alaskanwildfyre
deadbathducky
Never let the sun set on an argument with a loved one you can fix.

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2013 11:36:37 PM »

And over processed, mass produced food isn't the only food that we have here in America  Smiley I try to send locally made things when I can. In the past I've sent jams, jellies, salmon jerky, locally made chocolate, etc.

America is known for some pretty awesome food stuff.. like Vermont syrup, saltwater taffy, Alaskan salmon, the list goes on Smiley Sounds like you just found some posts by some pretty closed minded people Smeddley  Wink

Salmon jerky. I don't think that would get through customs here but that is something I must try before I die!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember my mistakes,
remember you can change,
Remember that it's up to you...
to go and shape your life into
one that's worth of remembering...
-RTGO!

www.craftsbykitty.w ordpress.com/
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2013 03:57:18 AM »

True Hershey's isn't in a class with Godiva or Ghiradelli or that little shop in the old section of the city I live in that offers classes in truffle making and tempering chocolate (those waxy melts at Michael's do not count as chocolate!) but I love Hershey's as one of the best comfort foods around. It brings back memories of driving into Hershey PA as a kid with the windows rolled down to catch the scent of the chocolate and more recently, taking my kids there for the Christmas displays. We did the tour of the town and my kids were completely taken in by the Santa on the trolley tour. They had asked for kids names when you bought your tickets and at one point Santa hopped on the trolley and read off the names of every kid on the trolley giving them each a Christmas ornament. I am a total sap for the town of Hershey. I plan on taking Euwlotta's Wuudy there and I'm betting he will love the trip. I just hope he doesn't get mistaken for a Christmas elf. I wonder if that happens to gnomes a lot over the holidays?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alexampersandra

Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2013 06:41:05 AM »

I could never hate on Hershey's for the basic fact that they make Reese's, and if I could only eat one candy for the rest of my life, it'd probably be those.

Also... PURPLE BANANA! I'm glad Anana isn't the only anthropomorphic fruit in this round  Grin

Speaking of Anana... I forgot to bring him to work today, so he'll be getting shipped out tomorrow, I suppose. Oops!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Portrait Retouching in Photoshop Camera Raw
How to Draw Bloo
Pushing the Limits of Wallpaper Art
How to Draw a Barbie Doll
The Benefits of Using DNG in Lightroom
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...