A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 304,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
505 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Visitor Swap Round 18 CLOSED (SU: 10/20-10/25; SO 10/29, and 3/15/14)  (Read 11839 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ewulotta
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013 01:00:18 PM »

I caved in and started working on my questionnaire. I've wanted to do this one for ages!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'll swap for postcards, badges, maps or brochures from everywhere in the US! I'm an English teacher and always happy about authentic material for my classroom.

http://www.wists.com/Ewulotta
http://pinterest.com/Ewulotta/
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

don't worry, be happy. for realz.

Mo' bettah you live Hawai`i

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013 01:18:27 PM »

Questionnaires are rollin' in!  I'm tryin to keep the list updated and will open feedback tonight when I have a computer.

Also, thanks, Stillatthe top!  (I cut and pasted wrong-disregard April entirely! I have corrected it)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alexampersandra

Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013 03:23:38 PM »

Gotta work on my questionnaire but of course I'll be back for rd18!! (at this point, my whole family knows and looks forward to helping me with my little visitors! LOL)

My friends have caught on, too! I actually had one friend who was a little sad that she didn't get to see Clyde again before I sent him back to you Smiley She'll be happy to know I'll have another LV coming soon!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
Wildfyre
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013 09:34:58 PM »

I've never tried this swap but always thought it looked fun! I must think about who here would like to go on a trip. I'm just curious, how reliable is the return rate for the LV's? Are there ever flakers who don't return them?

There are occasional flakers unfortunately, we have been averaging one per round. So we recommend sending a LV that you make or buy specifically for this swap. Not something you have a strong attachment to. Mountains and Clouds and I do everything in our power to try to prevent flakers, but sometimes things happen. Please don't let that keep you from signing up. This swap is a blast Smiley I started participating in it years ago and now I'm totally hooked  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr - bonniemj

My DeviantArt - alaskanwildfyre
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013 11:22:08 PM »

I've never tried this swap but always thought it looked fun! I must think about who here would like to go on a trip. I'm just curious, how reliable is the return rate for the LV's? Are there ever flakers who don't return them?

There are occasional flakers unfortunately, we have been averaging one per round. So we recommend sending a LV that you make or buy specifically for this swap. Not something you have a strong attachment to. Mountains and Clouds and I do everything in our power to try to prevent flakers, but sometimes things happen. Please don't let that keep you from signing up. This swap is a blast Smiley I started participating in it years ago and now I'm totally hooked  Cheesy

As long as you try to stay in contact with your partner, and let us know if you haven't heard from them in a while, we can pounce on any problems as they arise!  Also, feel free to recruit a partner you've worked with before, if it makes you feel better.

Everyone: I have just opened feedback for those who have sent their questionnaires.  Please double check and make sure it's showing up in your profile, if you have a chance!  Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yoopidou

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013 12:22:32 AM »

I always thought this swap looked fun. I am wondering about how much time each participant spends on it every week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013 12:35:01 AM »

I always thought this swap looked fun. I am wondering about how much time each participant spends on it every week.

The time I spend on the actual swap varies... depending on the LV I end up hosting, I try to bring it with me wherever I go whenever I am able.... and now I have a phone that can take decent pictures, so I don't even have to lug an extra camera!  Whenever it comes time to make my book, I always have WAAAAAY too many pictures (like, it would cost a fortune to print them all), so there's never a lack of material to use in the scrapbook.  (Making the book, however, always takes me more time than I expect : P )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IzzyBee
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2013 03:51:18 AM »

Yay I've been accepted! Cheesy

Here is my LV who I will be sending in this swap. Her name is Poppy Dappledawn and she is quite tiny (only 3 inches tall from the top of her ears to her feet). In the last round I took part in she went to Houston, Texas, so we are both very excited to find out where she will be going this time!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smeddley

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2013 05:42:59 AM »

Yay, I've been waiting for this! It's so lonely without an LV.  I sent my questionnaire in on my phone, because I was afraid of missing out, I hope it went through. A.D. Pose will be going out again, I'll repost a picture to this thread when I get home to a real computer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2013 05:52:57 AM »

Here's a picture of my little Jimmie. He is very excited about the upcoming trip! He came to me in a swap a bit over a year ago from rubies-pearls.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Mr. Burns - 7th Drawing
How to Draw Krusty the Clown - 12th Drawing
How to Draw Bart Simpson - Full body - 38th Drawing
How to Draw Duffman - 21st Drawing
How to Draw Otto Mann - 29th Drawing
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...