A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,098
Currently Running With Scissors:
599 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Paper and Ephemera Swap Round 10  (Read 12729 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #130 on: November 04, 2013 09:02:50 AM »

I'm in the 'adding and subtracting' stage for mariak in the UK. I want the envelope to be worthy of the time and expense, hence all of my indecision. And I want to send it this week because it will take a week or more to arrive.

And in California, we use the dude, cool and hella system of measurement. So Maria's envelope will be cool and WH's hella.

Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Ninni Swap - Partners!
Fall Dotee Swap -Visit the gallery!
4 x 6 Art Swap - Coming soon.....
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: November 04, 2013 04:19:04 PM »

My envelope got into the mail to wendiek this afternoon. I was careful to keep it within the size for letter mail, but the added weight did force the postage rate up a bit. But it should still be airmail, so it was worth it.

Since there are a few senders now, I'll put up a Gallery page this evening. Stay tuned.

And in California, we use the dude, cool and hella system of measurement.

I'm not sure how that converts into Metric measurements Cheesy, but I'm guessing Wendie's envelope was "Cool".

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #132 on: November 04, 2013 04:38:31 PM »

I've been working on my holiday ATC swap these past couple of days, so have not gone through the sorting stage - essentially I have a basket and whenever I ran across something I thought my two recipients would like, I tossed it in.  It went to beyond overflowing about 3 days before the weekend - I plan on sorting tomorrow.  Then I promised DH that I would go through some of those boxes in the living room before he comes home, so I plan on spending one day doing that, then I plan on sending for this and my other two swaps at the end of the week - so probably Thursday, or Friday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: November 04, 2013 04:44:11 PM »

Gallery is up!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=428839.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you.

Team Wordy!

« Reply #134 on: November 04, 2013 04:49:39 PM »

Sent my item today!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds
calixita

thought I heard a saxophone; I'm drunk on the moon

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #135 on: November 04, 2013 06:00:51 PM »

I must apologize for not checking in for so long!  It's been a combination of poor health, family obligations and the euphoria of Red Sox - baseball's world Champions!!

I've got a nice bunch of materials collected already and looking for some more to pad it out.  Will I get in too much trouble if my envelope is slightly bigger than 9x12?  I have some things that my partner specifically requested but they are slightly larger and I don't want to fold them if I can help it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smmarrt

« Reply #136 on: November 04, 2013 08:43:08 PM »

As a former Bostonian, who now resides in San Francisco, you get get a sort of baseball hangover - watching all the games, feeling euphoric, angry or hopeful - it does take a toll. But yay to the Sox, my favorite American League team! (Go Giants in 2014!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Ninni Swap - Partners!
Fall Dotee Swap -Visit the gallery!
4 x 6 Art Swap - Coming soon.....
Zalphinian
« Reply #137 on: November 04, 2013 11:12:00 PM »

We don't have any dogs in our household, but I swear the baby dragon that Zalphinian has been hiding in her closet must have burned all my measuring tools to a crisp!

Cute mom.... Real cute. I think if I had a baby dragon I'd know, you'd know, and my sister would be insisting on coming over every night to play with the little thing.  Wink

Oh my goodness,  I went to that book and paper show and luckily I limited my time and money there.   There was an awesome Alice in Wonderland piece I wanted.... but I was afraid of what the price was.  Regardless, I now have some (more) cool vintage postcards, and documents from the late 1800s to early 1900s, and two awesome mid century copies of women's magazines with great vintage advertising.  Yes, I plan on sharing my bounty!

Oh, Alice in Wonderland! I can totally understand your desire for what ever it was. Glad you had a great time though.

I too have been raiding things from our Libraries free bin. While most of it was uninteresting, there were a few good finds.

I did a little crafting for my partner yesterday... hopefully she likes her goodies!  I have a couple other little things up my sleeve and then I should be ready to send.  Smiley

Oh, I'm sure I'll love it, no doubt about it!

I've got my envelope finally, so I can move my partners collection (so far) into that tomorrow. I'll also be going through my magazines and seeing if there's anything of particular interest in those.

Finally, been thinking about what I'll craft, and have several good ideas. Just need to get to work crafting and see which one's pan out and see if any didn't come out as I'd hoped. Finding times to take over the craft room have proven surprisingly challenging. But it will be done!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The answer is 42.
kfad

« Reply #138 on: November 05, 2013 07:47:49 AM »

Mine should be going out on Thursday or Friday. I am worried about mailing it all stuffed full like that.
But I shall persevere and succeed. Because I am having so much fun finding things for the envelope!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #139 on: November 05, 2013 07:52:33 AM »

I'm a huge believer in packing tape, when it comes to sending over stuffed envelopes.  I cover every edge with packing tape to make sure there are no rip outs...in fact I often cover most of the envelope with packing tape.  I leave it off of the spot where they put the stamps though...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman Talks About Long Way Down
Ted Bell Talks About Tsar
Eric Weiner Talks About The Shadow Market
Buzzy Jackson Talks About Shaking the Family Tree
Adrienne Vrettos Reveals Her Favorite Words
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...